Jump to content
AldermachXI

Top Issues with the Game as Voted by the Community

Top Issues with the Game as voted by the Community  

127 members have voted

  1. 1. Top Issues with the Game?

    • Dedicated Servers (or lack thereof)
      54
    • Jason's Grab / Hit Detection
      48
    • Atmosphere - Emotes, Costumes, Other...
      6
    • Trolls / Hackers
      9
    • Other Bugs/Glitches (Jason can't interact, Objective glitches, Mannequin Counselors)
      10


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

This would fall under "dedicated servers". Quitters aren't a problem on dedicated servers, unless it's Jason quitting. Even then, you end up back in the lobby and not searching for a new one entirely.

I was under the impression one of the devs said that, under dedicated servers, if the player playing Jason were to quit mid-match, another player (a dead/escaped one, if available) would be reassigned to play Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I was under the impression one of the devs said that, under dedicated servers, if the player playing Jason were to quit mid-match, another player (a dead/escaped one, if available) would be reassigned to play Jason?

Maybe it's in the plans. That's not what happens on PC though as of now though. If Jason quits, you end up back in the lobby. If the host quits the lobby, someone else will automatically become "host". This is basically just the person who picks the map. That's the only thing they control outside of Private Matches.

There's still the odd "host connection timed out" error, or something along those lines. I forget the exact wording.

I have noticed, however, that PC servers tend to stay up/active until you leave them now though. Previously it would automatically go back to Quickmatch/Searching after some rounds. But now the lobbies seem to stay together and you can play with the same group for hours - which is nice. I had a nice play session last week sometime where nobody was doing anything at first, but by match 3 people were helping out and even started to use their mics after I did...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Let's use this thread to vote on and discuss what we believe to be the top issues with the game.

Hopefully the addition of a poll can give the devs/mods and Gun a clear indication of what it is the community sees as the biggest issues that need to be addressed.

I've added a few choices of Top Issues to vote on for the time being. Please feel free to nominate other issues for consideration. If a few people agree, we'll add it to the poll. 

Please also discuss/explain what you voted for. Hopefully mods/devs can pop in and let us know which issues they are / aren't aware of or can ask for clarification on the issues we're seeing as players.

I'll get the ball rolling with Jason's Grab / Hit Detection. I think this has had a greater negative effect on the game than anything else...I think it has compounded and exposed several other issues. But it's the reason why I'm just not having fun with the game right now. You spend time getting into a good lobby (server issues), finally get a round as Jason (balance issues), and then you don't have a good time playing as Jason because so much of the game is buggy or the host quits (server issue, Jason's grab/hit detection, bugs/glitches), and then you get trolled by people in dancing in Halloween costumes (why are they still around?).

 

I need dedicated severs so do other people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

All of the above.

Pretty much, the costumes were fun for a week or so. Hit box is just terrible, kinda like in part five when Demon was in the outhouse and so eloquently said. "This shit box is gross!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redrum138 said:

Pretty much, the costumes were fun for a week or so. Hit box is just terrible, kinda like in part five when Demon was in the outhouse and so eloquently said. "This shit box is gross!"

I don't mind the costumes. Or the dancing. People bought it so it's going to stay in. Everything else is an issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. I play mainly private. But I totally would vote for this if I didn't. Even despite the other issues being pretty major as well.

i got to the point with you, boxing and the other guys/gals that i wasn't really playing QP too much but as people have started dropping off i started relying on it more. man, what a shit show. at least the servers distract from the trolls and the subpar player base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

All of the above.

stock-photo-handsome-man-pointing-up-519

But I voted grab/hit detection,with a hard emphasis on hit detection.

It's been wonky since the beta and IMO more broken than the grab.

Then other bugs,trolls,atmosphere,and servers (I'm on PC),in that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't mind the costumes. Or the dancing. People bought it so it's going to stay in. Everything else is an issue.

True, true. Hit box and servers/ host quitters are the worst of the issues. I play mostly private when i do play so host quitters Don't happen much, although hit box = shit box. That's the thing I hate most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gdain said:

I believe the devs said something along the lines of, “Jason hasn’t been nerfed, the counselors are just getting better.”

Apparently that was Randy that said it on the stream 2 Fridays ago. Last Fridays stream he seemed to acknowledge that Jason wasn't nerfed on purpose but that fixing bugs for Jason created the nerfed issue and that they are looking into it. At least that is what has been said in other forum posts. 

4 hours ago, matisangry said:

dedicated servers... hands down. unless you exclusively play private, i have no idea how anyone could vote for anything else. 

I voted for grab nerf because I'm on Steam and we've had dedicated servers since day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the developers are about to abandon ship they just wanted their millions of dollar cut and now are making the game a joke. What are we looking forward to? DLC that no one asked for. I don't give a shit about virtual cabin offline bots this new mystery game mode they are pushing and you know why? Because the game is broken completely. Why would you dump all this content out with no fixing at all that makes no sense I wonder what they are smoking up in the office at this point. You can't be excited about something for a game that doesn't even work. Remember part fours launch? All I remember was excitement we all wanted that because the game was fine now no one is even bringing up new content debates anymore because no one likes the state of the game. Btw Randy is a a cuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Btw Randy is a a cuck.

Are you saying he likes to watch his wife fornicate with other men? That seems like private information. How close are you with the guy?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many issues and just ignored. How many times have the counselors and Jason just glitched to not be able to do anything. Bad enough that Jason can’t grab anymore, but seriously, how can these not get fixed with a hot fix or something. Didn’t happen before, but now it happens all the time. Oh yea, and the connection issues are just absolute garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the above.

But in order.

1. Jason's Grab/Hit Detection - If nobody wants to play as Jason or very few...the game dies eventually, plain and simple

2. Bugs/Glitches/Dedicated Servers - Either/Or

3. Bugs/Glitches/Dedicated Servers - Either/Or

4. Atmosphere/Emotes/Costumes - I feel this is the easiest fix, but the most controversial.

4A. Emotes use up Stamina almost instantly, takes effort to dance or do hand gestures, all emotes suck up the same amount of stamina

4B. The Halloween Costumes/Spring Break outfits can be played on the normal maps as of now, but if Winter maps come along, you MUST select the default oufits or winter/heavy clothing outfits which will be separate loadouts in case a winter map gets chosen, controversial but nobody is going to be in swim wear during a blizzard or in costumes. Likewise, it doesn't make much sense for people to be wearing heavy jackets in summer, so no winter attire in summer maps

5. Trolls/Hackers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted dedicated servers, though Jason's current issues are equal in my eyes.

I tried something similar in July: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9043-f13-community-poll-what-issues-require-the-most-urgent-attention/

Hopefully this thread/poll has a little more success and creates some meaningful dialogue with the publishers and developers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense that these two issues would be considered the top 2.

Can't play the game very reliably without dedicated servers. Then once you manage to get around those issues, you have to deal with a nerfed Jason, making the game you're TRYING to play less fun.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Let's use this thread to vote on and discuss what we believe to be the top issues with the game.

Hopefully the addition of a poll can give the devs/mods and Gun a clear indication of what it is the community sees as the biggest issues that need to be addressed.

I've added a few choices of Top Issues to vote on for the time being. Please feel free to nominate other issues for consideration. If a few people agree, we'll add it to the poll. 

Please also discuss/explain what you voted for. Hopefully mods/devs can pop in and let us know which issues they are / aren't aware of or can ask for clarification on the issues we're seeing as players.

I'll get the ball rolling with Jason's Grab / Hit Detection. I think this has had a greater negative effect on the game than anything else...I think it has compounded and exposed several other issues. But it's the reason why I'm just not having fun with the game right now. You spend time getting into a good lobby (server issues), finally get a round as Jason (balance issues), and then you don't have a good time playing as Jason because so much of the game is buggy or the host quits (server issue, Jason's grab/hit detection, bugs/glitches), and then you get trolled by people in dancing in Halloween costumes (why are they still around?).

 

The selection list in the poll is too short and is not specific enough. Bad game design and gameplay direction would be what I would select, not on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

This would fall under "dedicated servers". Quitters aren't a problem on dedicated servers, unless it's Jason quitting. Even then, you end up back in the lobby and not searching for a new one entirely.

what? 2 i am not jason leavers at start of the match are not a problem? even one is. This is a 7v1 dude. finally punish this leaving scum gun/illfonic. yesterday i had the sad record of 4 "i am not jason leavers" at once.

 

this is a fkn plague. 8/10 games are not complete due to leavers at start. Not even talking about, grab, out of stamina or jason enters the same room leavers during match. i have around 60 leaver screenshots from 3 weeks. and i didn´t get all of them in time, so make that 80 overall.

 

dedicated servers won´t help a bit here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

what? 2 i am not jason leavers at start of the match are not a problem? even one is. This is a 7v1 dude. finally punish this leaving scum gun/illfonic. yesterday i had the sad record of 4 "i am not jason leavers" at once.

 

this is a fkn plague. 8/10 games are not complete due to leavers at start. Not even talking about, grab, out of stamina or jason enters the same room leavers during match. i have around 60 leaver screenshots from 3 weeks. and i didn´t get all of them in time, so make that 80 overall.

 

dedicated servers won´t help a bit here.

as long as the host doesn't leave, who cares? play the game. If its 4 vs 1 -- so what? it will make it harder for Jason to find you right away and give you more a challenge to work on shit. I'd rather play a game where a bunch of cry babies bail on the game, but the host stays so I can play. Most of the time if you are playing in QP, its every man for himself, not many people help one another. people are just dicks most of the time. When I find the few that have mics and enjoy helping, the game is grand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

as long as the host doesn't leave, who cares? play the game. If its 4 vs 1 -- so what? it will make it harder for Jason to find you right away and give you more a challenge to work on shit. I'd rather play a game where a bunch of cry babies bail on the game, but the host stays so I can play. Most of the time if you are playing in QP, its every man for himself, not many people help one another. people are just dicks most of the time. When I find the few that have mics and enjoy helping, the game is grand!

i paid for a 7v1 i want a 7v1. simple. I don´t see why i should have my games messed up because they are selfish pricks that can´t do a simple research before spending 40$ on a game.

Sugarcoat it for yourself as much as you like, but it is a problem. If you enjoy a 4 v1 vs Jason than do private matches.

The problem is that if the first one leaves usually one follows like a minute later. These people break rules, that should make sure we can have a full counselor team. Punish them like usual in PvP games. I really don´t see why we should let these people do whatever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JASON GRAB ALMOST PAIRED WITH DEDICATED SERVERS, REALLY???

I still spent more time trying to find a session (with enough people) than playing. And when I do, I have to exercise my Jedi mind to ignore the high latency and ping going crazy. And after that, pray to not lost the connection with the host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

i paid for a 7v1 i want a 7v1. simple. I don´t see why i should have my games messed up because they are selfish pricks that can´t do a simple research before spending 40$ on a game.

Sugarcoat it for yourself as much as you like, but it is a problem. If you enjoy a 4 v1 vs Jason than do private matches.

The problem is that if the first one leaves usually one follows like a minute later. These people break rules, that should make sure we can have a full counselor team. Punish them like usual in PvP games. I really don´t see why we should let these people do whatever they want.

I AGREE with all this 100%. UNFORTUNATELY we have to deal with what we have or just not play. Luckily I have enough friends now that play the game on my list I can get a party of 4 to 6 people, to do a private server or do a team play in QP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be dedicated servers. Horrible being Jason and having to see which character the host is to try and avoid killing them too soon. Past 2 times the host has quit after I killed them. Actually feeling relieved when the host has escaped! What kind of game does this to it's players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×