friday-map-presentatiwijy9.jpg

I´ve watched the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th yesterday, for the 10th time or so. 
Eventhough i know that there is a problem with the rights, there could be a possibility to simply change the name of the map and alter the location a little. So this is what i did. Some important chunks are still in the map, as you can see, but i altered a lot as well. I think this would be a real fun map. There is not much new to it, it doesn´t have to be in my opinion, the gameplay works just fine. The only thing i changed is the possibility to ride a motorbike to get out of the map and that there is only one way to escape with the help of the police. 

I would really like to know what you think about it, possible changes and if there is a possibility to use this as a map even if there is the problem with the rights. 

The picture was done by myself. 

• Like 5

This is an amazing idea! I am fascinated by this map! I see the one blue objective is a motorcycle, that sounds like a great idea but idk if they would add that to all maps. Still this is really good! I wouldn't mind playing this map at all, there is plenty of things to look for on this map!

29 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

I´ve watched the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th yesterday, for the 10th time or so. 
Eventhough i know that there is a problem with the rights, there could be a possibility to simply change the name of the map and alter the location a little. So this is what i did. Some important chunks are still in the map, as you can see, but i altered a lot as well. I think this would be a real fun map. There is not much new to it, it doesn´t have to be in my opinion, the gameplay works just fine. The only thing i changed is the possibility to ride a motorbike to get out of the map and that there is only one way to escape with the help of the police. 

I would really like to know what you think about it, possible changes and if there is a possibility to use this as a map even if there is the problem with the rights. 

Very well done. And great map creation! (What program did you use to mock it up?)

I do very much like the idea of the motorbike. It leaves a few questions, however:

• Is your intent for this to be a single rider only or to allow someone to jump on the back?
  • All you would need to start the bike is gas and keys, yes?
  • How would Jason stop the motorbike? 

Also, I notice there's a LOT of water on your map. Two crossing points - one each on the southeast and southwest of the map. The southeast has Jason's shack, but the southwest has one lone cabin, along with a bard and a maintenance shed that looks as though it would be quite a hike to reach. I would assume your plan to justify the journey would be a considerable objective item usually spawning there?

I'd like to play this map. Well done, sir. 

(EDIT: I reeeeaaallllyyy want something to always spawn on that tiny island!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Very well done. And great map creation! (What program did you use to mock it up?)

I do very much like the idea of the motorbike. It leaves a few questions, however:

• Is your intent for this to be a single rider only or to allow someone to jump on the back?

Also, I notice there's a LOT of water on your map. Two crossing points - one each on the southeast and southwest of the map. The southeast has Jason's shack, but the southwest has one lone cabin, along with a bard and a maintenance shed that looks as though it would be quite a hike to reach. I would assume your plan to justify the journey would be a considerable objective item usually spawning there?

(EDIT: I reeeeaaallllyyy want something to always spawn on that tiny island!)

I am also enjoying the idea of the motor bike, in Part 6 Jason Lives, the couple gets on the motorbike but they both got stabbed instantly, I think the motorbike should be its own kill animation where even if you have a pocket knife it shouldn't do anything, like the drowned kill. An instant stab through both riders or one of them or a double decapitation. 

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Thanks a lot, sir. 
I use Photoshop for about everything. I made the whole mockup myself, that is also why there are several differences to the original :P
The bike would be a single rider. Jason's animation would have to be tweaked a little so that when the bike comes right at him, he steps to the side and reaches out his arm/weapon so that the driver would get hurt and drop from the bike. The gas and the keys would be the only thing you need, that is correct. It is a little douchey but at the same time, it could be the last chance for a lone survivor to get away. 

To your question about the south west region: 
Yes, i would like to spawn the propeller there. The propeller is one thing, that always was near the boat when i played it. 

I just realised that i forgot to show the option to escape with the boat... 

It also seems like a little far for the motorbike to escape compared to everything else, unless the boat escape is under the bridge near Jason's shack.

24 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

It also seems like a little far for the motorbike to escape compared to everything else, unless the boat escape is under the bridge near Jason's shack.

I thought that the bike might be a little faster than a car. It should be riskier than every other vehicle. But at the same time give you the possibility to get away faster. You have to be focused when you drive the bike. 

1 minute ago, cwlunatic said:

I thought that the bike might be a little faster than a car. It should be riskier than every other vehicle. But at the same time give you the possibility to get away faster. You have to be focused when you drive the bike. 

Yea great idea! It would be more for the skilled players. And the risky low players

The only thing I see "wrong" with the map, is that there is only one exit from the map, meaning cops will always spawn there, and thats the only place vehicles can go...you need a second exit.

• Like 1

Great map, I think adding a second escape for cars/bike and police.. otherwise I can see everyone crowding the exit for when the cops arrive.. and just a giant keystone cops scene running around until they show up.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will implement a second exit and post an updated version soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cwlunatic said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will implement a second exit and post an updated version soon. 

I like the fact there is so much water. It might give you a reason to use water perks as a counselor and water speed Jason's. The motorcycle escape is an idea we have seen before and I thought it was a decent idea then. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cwlunatic said:

I love this even the map looks great 

• Like 1

I had to comment. The map is fantastic. It’s very different which is what the game needs. I like that there’s only one exit and a lot of water. Who dares swim to Jason’s shack!?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cwlunatic said:

Good job. Even if they can't get the rights, they should make a map like that anyway. 

And one of my signatures approves of your avatar.

Love this idea.

just find it weird that there’s nothing on the island and there’s a repair shop by the barn. I’d move the repair shop.

also where else would the shack spawn?

I actually like one cop exit...would be different to see that.

how does Jason stop the motorbike? Can’t exactly smash the hood lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rycornog said:

how does Jason stop the motorbike? Can’t exactly smash the hood lol.

He grabs, slaps, slashes or impales the driver. Not sure if death is the right punishment right away, but it would make the bike a risky way to survive.

Thanks for the feedback. Especially that you like the the idea with only one police exit. Unfortunately but rightfully other members pointed out, that it would be too crowded if there's only one spot for the police to spawn. 

I would spawn his shack on the little island in the middle of the lake as an option. 

I placed the repairshop near the barn because, in the movie of 2009 there is a barn next to where the pot smoking dude has his woodchipper. Which would by the way be a hilarious kill. Stuffing a counselor face first in a woodchipper :P

Everyone has already thrown in the biggest points I would want to highlight. I would love a chance to play on a map like that! Well done!

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Everyone has already thrown in the biggest points I would want to highlight. I would love a chance to play on a map like that! Well done!

I would like your comment, but iam not allowed to like anymore posts today, so i say: Thanks a lot. Maybe a dev is as cheerful as you guys. @GunMedia_Ben :P

Wow. That is one hell of a nice job. That road with one way out would be a serious car escape challenge!

As far as the motorcycle single player escape, what if the bike leaving the map triggered a police response? Maybe the escapee going for help?

All that water...just begging for someone to try to get around by swimming.

Nicely done!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Fathom said:

Wow. That is one hell of a nice job. That road with one way out would be a serious car escape challenge!

As far as the motorcycle single player escape, what if the bike leaving the map triggered a police response? Maybe the escapee going for help?

All that water...just begging for someone to try to get around by swimming.

Nicely done!

Thanks man! 
It´s interesting to see how many members are really interested in swimming and to see a lot of water. I never imagined that this would be the most special part about the map in general.

On 2017-12-06 at 4:09 PM, cwlunatic said:

The bike escape would only be good if was a one try escape. If Jason stops it, it will be destroyed.

Only the gas is to easy otherwise.

7 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

You need a Key  as well :)

Ah, missed that :) 

Still it has to have some draw back against the boat. On the boat you die if Jason ses you leaving. The car is not like that, but instead Jason can hear it start.

So Jason should hear the bike start.