http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13657-starving-for-information/

To everyone bitching, complaining, and whining about "radio silence", go read this thread. Read the whole thing, all 4 pages. @GunMedia_Ben and @ShiftySamurai attempt to answer people's questions and concerns in this thread. Yet, they are still fucking berated for no reason. I wouldn't be saying a goddamned thing at this point. It makes this community sound like a bunch of ungrateful, entitled little shitheads. And I bet 99% won't take the time to read the whole thing, because "It would take too long". But, you expect the people working on the game to read it all and answer your questions because you dropped a little cash on the project a long time ago.

I am not in any way happy with the state of Jason in this game right now (as I've stated many times), but, I am appreciative of the fact that people working on it are taking time out of their busy schedules to to give detailed answers to the questions that many of us hardcore fans are asking. I am optimistic about the changes coming up. Of course, we could all be disappointed, but that is just life.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I apologize to all the children I offended with it. I have no doubt that this topic will be locked, and I may get my first strike against me (Or banned, or whatever). I just call things like I see them, and I have never seen a game company that tried so hard to be interactive with the fans, and get shit on so much for it. Then, they get shit on even more because they are tired of repeating themselves, and hold out information until they have something concrete.

I just hope the topic stays up long enough for some people to read through it and realize that Gun actually cares what we think about the game.

Later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13657-starving-for-information/

To everyone bitching, complaining, and whining about "radio silence", go read this thread. Read the whole thing, all 4 pages. @GunMedia_Ben and @ShiftySamurai attempt to answer people's questions and concerns in this thread. Yet, they are still fucking berated for no reason. I wouldn't be saying a goddamned thing at this point. It makes this community sound like a bunch of ungrateful, entitled little shitheads. And I bet 99% won't take the time to read the whole thing, because "It would take too long". But, you expect the people working on the game to read it all and answer your questions because you dropped a little cash on the project a long time ago.

I am not in any way happy with the state of Jason in this game right now (as I've stated many times), but, I am appreciative of the fact that people working on it are taking time out of their busy schedules to to give detailed answers to the questions that many of us hardcore fans are asking. I am optimistic about the changes coming up. Of course, we could all be disappointed, but that is just life.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I apologize to all the children I offended with it. I have no doubt that this topic will be locked, and I may get my first strike against me (Or banned, or whatever). I just call things like I see them, and I have never seen a game company that tried so hard to be interactive with the fans, and get shit on so much for it. Then, they get shit on even more because they are tired of repeating themselves, and hold out information until they have something concrete.

I just hope the topic stays up long enough for some people to read through it and realize that Gun actually cares what we think about the game.

Later.

Starve someone for a while and then hand them some food.  I highly doubt they will eat it will composure or grace.  They will rip into it with little tact or civility. Such is human nature.  The same can be said here.  Community engagement and interaction is far too inconsistent.  The community is tired of being ignored for long periods of time only to be met with a trollish(regardless if it was meant or not to be trollish, it was) reply.  Then to be followed up with a tone deaf reply?  I don't really blame people for being upset by it especially since some have been dealing with it for 6 months now.  Again, regardless of how it was intended, you can obviously see the community is at a boiling point.  It isn't just one person.  It's multiple people across multiple platforms like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and even here.  That is a clear sign something is extremely wrong on the communication front.  This isn't anything new and it has been a constant problem since day one.  Community management has been awful for a while.  It sucks for the new guy because pretty much he was handed a ticking time bomb that was already at 1 second and is being asked to defuse it.  Pretty shitty thing to do honestly.  Ignore/Dont actively engage the community for 6 months so they are extremely frustrated and then pass it off to someone else while washing your hands clean of it.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@Corkenstein I am not an avid gamer like I was 10 or so years ago, but I have been an active gamer for most of my life. I don't ever remember having this much interaction with the development team of a game...ever. I'm quite sure some people on here will be able to come up with examples. I'm just frustrated as hell constantly seeing people that say they love the game constantly talking shit to and about the people that made that game. I'm quite sure that the most vocal are people that have no idea what goes into the development or evolution of an organic online gaming community.

My actual job description is that I have to piss people off on a daily basis. I do Quality Assurance/Quality Control for an industrial electrical and instrumentation contractor that works mainly in refineries and chemical plants. That means that I have to tell grown ass construction workers that they are doing their jobs incorrectly. The difference between me doing this, and the people that bitch and complain in this community is that I've done their job for years, so I have a pretty damn good idea what I am talking about in this industry.

Trust me, I understand the frustration with the bugs, nerfs, hosting...etc... My point is to give these guys a fucking break, it seems like they actually care. For the most part, the community comes across as whiny little punks. I paid for the game, twice. I have been frustrated as hell on many occasions, much like everyone else. But, I don't see the point in talking shit about the developers when they don't respond, and then talking shit to them when they do.

Maybe it's just me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Maybe it's just me.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I think providing feedback, including negative feedback, is the job of the players / community. I just think most people go about it the wrong way, without much thought in the process. Certainly a lack of creative thinking, or offering up solutions that could actually be beneficial. 

Take a look at This thread for example. Great ideas, great discussion. Unfortunately, useful threads like this typically get buried under the mound of crap that is usually posted here. Even worse, majority of mindless criticism is posted by members who admittedly post more than they actually play.

5 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

a lot of that was uncalled for.. but what @GunMedia_Bensaid was a stupid response. sorry, I called it like it was.

You guys are hardcore. You're like prisoners. 

The poor guy was trying to be lighthearted and got torn apart. 

• Like 1

I mostly disagree. I don't think it requires explanation. I can't view a company who takes money and fails to deliver as victims.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I can't view a company who takes money and fails to deliver as victims.

What? I can't make sense of that. 

What am I missing?

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

What? I can't make sense of that. 

What am I missing?

The last year? :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I have never seen a game company that tried so hard to be interactive with the fans

LOL

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You guys are hardcore. You're like prisoners. 

The poor guy was trying to be lighthearted and got torn apart. 

what I said, was actually tame compared to what others have said and honestly, in that type of situation, either give up some information or keep quiet. Say what he said, is just pure trolling an already pissed off community. There is no room for jokes in a situation like that. sorry, no offense here I am just being a straight shooter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Punisher_2099 said:

what I said, was actually tame compared to what others have said and honestly, in that type of situation, either give up some information or keep quiet. Say what he said, is just pure trolling an already pissed off community. There is no room for jokes in a situation like that. sorry, no offense here I am just being a straight shooter.

You're not wrong. It was trolling. If anyone jumped into topics with the same line everytime, or set of lines, they'd be trolling.

4 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Say what he said, is just pure trolling an already pissed off community. There is no room for jokes in a situation like that. sorry, no offense here I am just being a straight shooter.

I hope he was trolling. That would be so funny. 

If I was him I would troll you motherfuckers so hard....

I don't think he was trolling. It didn't look like trolling. I think he was trying to be fun and it backfired.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

You're not wrong. It was trolling. If anyone jumped into topics with the same line everytime, or set of lines, they'd be trolling.

add get a warning and most likely have the topic shut down.

• Like 1

Just now, Punisher_2099 said:

add get a warning and most likely have the topic shut down.

Yep.

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

I hope he was trolling. That would be so funny. 

If I was him I would troll you motherfuckers so hard....

yeah, cause that's real smart to do to your player game base that supports you and buys the stuff you do, to keep you working. I hope you never own a business my friend, I wouldnt want to see it go under quickly.

29 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

a lot of that was uncalled for.. but what @GunMedia_Bensaid was a stupid response. sorry, I called it like it was.

I'm with you.

People are trying to get information and get "We got plans". Of course they have. So a stupid response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My opinion is:

1) A lot of people here is disrespectful towards other forum members and the work of Gun and Illfonic. Critic is good (I made as well) but often tones are way to brat-ish and arrogant.

2) Point 1 doesn't mean producers and devs don't have a communication problem. There is no way to keep all that silence for that longtime. Take for example "dedicated servers" they said they will be implemented 3 months ago and now silence, after 3 months of people raging against that silence they said that there are NDAs but they're working on it. 
WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU SAID THAT SOON? Everybody is ok with that. We understand that NDAs means you can't update us. After that statement nobody asked for dedicated servers anymore. But why wait 3 months just telling everybody "near future" and "soon"? 

3) All games have bugs and glitches but after so many months this game have too many of them. There could be reasons behind this but I think that's a bit too much because the game is sold as a finished game and not as a beta. This situation doesn't help an healthy discussion. 

The new thing is to shut down topics here in the forum instead of doing something about what the topic is all about. The thing lacking is mostly information.

For every topic they shut down a new one will pop up.

4 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

yeah, cause that's real smart to do to your player game base that supports you and buys the stuff you do, to keep you working. I hope you never own a business my friend, I wouldnt want to see it go under quickly.

Are you kidding me? I would hire someone to do that. And I would instruct my staff to never let me know the admin log in.

I would have consolidated reports made. These forums are the ramblings of mental patients. Once you start reading it too much you become one yourself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Are you kidding me? I would hire someone to do that. And I would instruct my staff to never let me know the admin log in.

I would have consolidated reports made. These forums are the ramblings of mental patients. Once you start reading it too much you become one yourself.

yep, that would be a better plan to do what you are doing. apparently they didnt do that here. Its a mess like you said.. BUT the mess started when they stopped communicating with us