I think a lot of people make some very good points in this thread.  As long as people aren't needlessly insulting or demeaning the developers, I think it's important to give them honest feedback.  I bought the game a few week after release and still play the game pretty regularly.  Admittedly, I don't complain much about the developers.  There's a lot I don't like and I report bugs, trolls, cheaters to Jason Kills Bugs regularly.  A problem I've been having pretty consistently is that when I play as Jason, his icon disappears from the map a few minutes in.  It happens too often.  I've reported it and hope that it will get fixed at some point.  Sometimes I glitch and can't break windows or swing the weapon, but at least that can be undone by getting hit.  I'm level 101 and since I don't care about XP, having fun is the most important thing.  Of course, that's not to say that I don't miss the Jason who use to be feared! Those were the good old days.  Sorry this post was so long and not altogether on topic.  I accept criticism for that.

@Rexfellis

Yep, I'm definitely open to disagreeing without having to be adversaries in any regard. I appreciate your well-thought out position even if I disagree with it. Hopefully by saying it didn't require explanation, you didn't view it as dismissive. It was late/early and I felt for forum members who've been here a while that they'd already know my position. :)

@Alkavian

I've mentioned before but sometimes I think I write in the same way the loudest guy at a party tells a bad joke.

I appreciate the positive comments and I agree, a lot is lost in translation on a forum (or anywhere online text-based) and it can be difficult to discern the tone and intent of a post or poster.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Rexfellis

Yep, I'm definitely open to disagreeing without having to be adversaries in any regard. I appreciate your well-thought out position even if I disagree with it. Hopefully by saying it didn't require explanation, you didn't view it as dismissive. It was late/early and I felt for forum members who've been here a while that they'd already know my position. :)

I appreciate that man. And no, I don't take anything you say as dismissive. If anything, you always explain your viewpoint very clearly. I never wondered what you meant by anything you have posted, because you made it obvious. Like I said, this is one thing we do not agree on, it does not lessen my respect for you in any way. Hell, I'm pretty sure we could have a beer and discuss horror movies and video games for hours, and have a great time doing so.

We can all just hope that this next patch does fix some of the more glaring problems with the game. It seems as if the Devs know the concerns, so the ball is in their court now. Have a great night bro.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for directing us to an already active thread that’s only 2 days old.   I don’t know what I would have done without this one. 

Let’s be clear here - this game has been in ameteur hour since release.  The issues they can’t seem to foresee as Devs astounds me and is flat out reprehensible this far after release and after earning millions upon millions of dollars solely from the good fortune of inheriting a popular IP. 

If you lack the expertise to do it right - maybe spend some of that money on people who know what they are doing. 

——-

This is honestly my feedback right now as someone who made a thread asking People to vote for this game for an award.  The amount of time ruined due to the lack of dedicated servers, bugs rendering Jason unplayable, and their balancing ideas makes me regret the once a week I might try playing again.

listening to a dev suggest we are stupid movie watchers with no knowledge of gaming is just the icing on my hateful cake. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Thanks so much for directing us to an already active thread that’s only 2 days old.   I don’t know what I would have done without this one. 

I haven't been anything but respectful to other members of this forum, but you just want to make a smartass comment for no other reason than to make a smartass comment. I originally linked the thread because I felt that some of the responses to the Developers were needlessly rude, and I wanted people to read what they had to say, and the (what I feel as) unwarranted things that were said back to them. It was a kneejerk reaction to a situation that pissed me off. Which is something that I have already acknowledged in this thread. 

But, thanks for your input.

While I understand especially those who are passionate backers being frustrated, I have read people around here going "I'm done being polite and devs deserve being berated and insulted", content-wise. I'd say it's by far the minority, but this can never help making your case in any form. So, yeah...this thread is more than justified.

I think the connection issues are most pressing on PS4. A solution is needed for host quitting and such. I do get lobbies pretty quickly, unfortunately hosts often quit midgame screwing everyone over.

I agree that the balance is off between Jason and the counselors. But online gaming is always like that. If World of Warcraft introduces a new class or buffs an existing one, it tends to be ridiculously overpowered. Often you will get groups and raids filled with afromentioned new or buffed classes. Generally this gets nerfed with the next patch. Well, I should say it used to be like that, back when I played WoW.

It is unfortunate that GunMedia/Illfonic aren't quick to react, and of course I'd like to hear a statement like "Jason will get a little more reach!" ASAP, but they seemed aware of the issue and stated there will be some tuning coming up. I can imagine the content patch blocking quite a few ressources and the issues being adressed directly afterwards in an "express" manner.

Yes, the first reply to the quoted thread was not very clever from a CR-perspective. It was without ill-intent though and Ben's second statement should have appeased everyone willing to still take part in fair and polite communication, whether it was in agreement or disagreement.

Edited by Thor_Bjarnason
Grammar failed me

11 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

While I understand especially those who are passionate backers being frustrated, I have read people around here going "I'm done being polite and devs deserve being berated and insulted", content-wise. I'd say it's by far the minority, but this can never help making your case in any form. So, yeah...this thread is more than justified.

yeah. this stuff is dumb. i'm frustrated with the state of the game as well but being a dickhead to people is never the answer. if anything, it does these people a disservice by making them look like irrational blowhards. there are several folks on here i straight-up skip over when i see their avatar because of their toxic nature. do these people think the devs don't do the same? i've been critical of decisions that were made but i don't think at any point i've said anything that could be considered disrespectful. there's no need for any of this to get personal, man. really, this is a business transaction. people need to learn to voice their opinion without resorting to insults and threats. if you're unhappy, voice your opinion. if things don't improve to your liking, voice it again... with your wallet and your time. 

On 12/6/2017 at 5:51 AM, WashingtonJones said:

These forums are the ramblings of mental patients. Once you start reading it too much you become one yourself.

Everyday after checking the forum I'll have to remind myself...

980x.gif

I like to joke around alot on the forum.

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of which voice in my head told which joke.

If you like a joke of mine maybe it was from @bewareofbears, @AldermachXI @Tattooey @Alkavian @TheHansonGoons @DamonD7 @lHeartBreakerl @Risinggrave @Brigadius @ColdArmy13 @Truth

I can't remember the entire list of voices. :lol:

8315461.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I can't remember the entire list of voices. :lol:

giphy.gif

Strolling through Ghost's head like.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I haven't been anything but respectful to other members of this forum, but you just want to make a smartass comment for no other reason than to make a smartass comment. I originally linked the thread because I felt that some of the responses to the Developers were needlessly rude, and I wanted people to read what they had to say, and the (what I feel as) unwarranted things that were said back to them. It was a kneejerk reaction to a situation that pissed me off. Which is something that I have already acknowledged in this thread. 

But, thanks for your input.

Bullshit.  Read your very first sentence in this thread and then evaluate the whole purpose of this thread.  It was to look down on posters who express concerns.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Bullshit.  Read your very first sentence in this thread and then evaluate the whole purpose of this thread.  It was to look down on posters who express concerns.  

I know what the very first sentence of this thread said, as well as the reason behind it. I think the purpose of this thread may have been lost on you. I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm asking other people to stop putting everything that the folks that are working on the game say (or don't say) into a negative light. I brought up the thread "that was less than 2 days old" because it was an example of what I was talking about. I did talk some shit, but I didn't call anyone out personally. There were a few people I mentioned by name, but if you read those posts, you would have noticed that I did so with respect. If what I said offended you, maybe some of it hit home.

I've acknowledged the fact that there are numerous problems with the game. As I said previously, I paid for this game on 2 separate platforms, one of which has been largely unplayable for me since launch. I have been aggravated by the game, I have been pissed off about some of the changes, and I have been annoyed by what I consider to be useless DLC. But, I am not talking shit to the people that made, and continue to work on, this game. They gave me a game that I personally have been wanting for years. I think it is counterproductive to intentionally shoot down any official proclamations about the game as "bullshit" and then bitch when those same people don't say anything at all.

You obviously misunderstood the purpose of this thread. It wasn't to belittle the people complaining. It was a plea that the people doing so use a little more tact in their responses. Look through the majority of threads on this board in the last couple of months. It's bitching that the devs won't say anything, there are no updates, and they "deserve" some answers. Then, when a couple of guys from the company came on here and tried to give some explantations, updates, etc..., people jumped on them like a pack of wild fucking wolves. 

TL;DR? I think you misunderstood the reason behind the making of the thread. Of course, intention can be kind of lost it printed media. We'll just blame it on that.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

Strolling through Ghost's head like.......

I have seen Danny DeVito's crack far more times than I anticipated I would, at this stage of my life.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I have seen Danny DeVito's crack far more times than I anticipated I would, at this stage of my life.

Hmm...that is a disturbing trend. Funny how the unexpected can become the expected.😄

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

I know what the very first sentence of this thread said, as well as the reason behind it. I think the purpose of this thread may have been lost on you. I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm asking other people to stop putting everything that the folks that are working on the game say (or don't say) into a negative light. I brought up the thread "that was less than 2 days old" because it was an example of what I was talking about. I did talk some shit, but I didn't call anyone out personally. There were a few people I mentioned by name, but if you read those posts, you would have noticed that I did so with respect. If what I said offended you, maybe some of it hit home.

I've acknowledged the fact that there are numerous problems with the game. As I said previously, I paid for this game on 2 separate platforms, one of which has been largely unplayable for me since launch. I have been aggravated by the game, I have been pissed off about some of the changes, and I have been annoyed by what I consider to be useless DLC. But, I am not talking shit to the people that made, and continue to work on, this game. They gave me a game that I personally have been wanting for years. I think it is counterproductive to intentionally shoot down any official proclamations about the game as "bullshit" and then bitch when those same people don't say anything at all.

You obviously misunderstood the purpose of this thread. It wasn't to belittle the people complaining. It was a plea that the people doing so use a little more tact in their responses. Look through the majority of threads on this board in the last couple of months. It's bitching that the devs won't say anything, there are no updates, and they "deserve" some answers. Then, when a couple of guys from the company came on here and tried to give some explantations, updates, etc..., people jumped on them like a pack of wild fucking wolves. 

TL;DR? I think you misunderstood the reason behind the making of the thread. Of course, intention can be kind of lost it printed media. We'll just blame it on that.

Your intentions and what you actually wrote are two different things.  Starting off a thread by diminishing people's posts as bitching and whining is not the way to go.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Your intentions and what you actually wrote are two different things.  Starting off a thread by diminishing people's posts as bitching and whining is not the way to go.  

I actually wrote what I meant to say at the time. You don't agree with it, and that is ok. We all have opinions, I am not going to go into any further detail of mine with you right now. Thanks for your input. 

On 12/6/2017 at 5:55 AM, Rexfellis said:

@Corkenstein I am not an avid gamer like I was 10 or so years ago, but I have been an active gamer for most of my life. I don't ever remember having this much interaction with the development team of a game...ever.

You would think that the ability to communicate with the devs would make for a better experience, but it rarely does. What usually happens instead is that people complain to the devs to change something for their benefit with no consideration to what said change will do to the game's balance. You would think that a more thoughtful response with many bases considered would be received with more respect, but you'd be wrong. The loudest whiners win, sadly. ...and this is by NO means a F13 only problem. It's industry wide. Some devs actually test said changes to see if they will break the game first before adding them to the game, though.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, AldermachXI said:

A. You speak for no one but yourself. Get on social media...These comments are parroted everywhere. It's not the same handful of people who post here.

B. Patience is wearing thin. "We're working on it" is cool for a couple of months. Not 6. Plus, I don't think dedicated servers are the fix people think they'll be.

It solves some problems and creates others. I think host-migration would be a better fix, but that's just my opinion.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, AldermachXI said:

For the record, I have no issue with Ben's "We've got plans" comment. I'm sure they do have plans. That's their job.

In my reply, I was just letting him know that none of those plans are relevant until Jason can grab and hit someone directly in front of him again. Content isn't needed at this point. We don't need Virtual Cabin 2.0. We don't need offline bots. We need the stuff we've been playing since May to work, above all else. Things should be getting better on that front - not worse. Yet things are going downhill.

Yes, things can be fixed. But priorities need to be straightened out. If they think they can band-aid Jason's grab for another 2 months with Virtual Cabin and bots, they're wrong. That'll keep people busy for the better part of 2 days until they start asking about MP fixes again. Or who knows...they might have stuff to complain about in VC or bots.

The upcoming patch should have been solely focused on bug fixes and re-adjusting Jason's grab. People have been very vocal about that since the Oct. 25th patch. The notes say they're open to re-adjusting, and it's clear it needs to be done. There's no reason why it shouldn't be fixed by the next patch. It's been more than long enough as is. They skipped a patch for Thanksgiving. Fine. Fair. But bumping this issue isn't a good idea.

This times a hundred, thousand, trillion.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:59 AM, Rexfellis said:

@AldermachXI I don't disagree with anything you've said in this thread.  At the moment, the game is in bad shape due to Jason being completely punked out. I've stated that in many threads. I honestly do want to see Jason made scary again. I remember the beta, and I just about shat myself when Jason showed up at a cabin I was in. It was GREAT!!!

We had the PERFECT Friday the 13th game, and now it's gone!!!

Why is life so cruel?!!!

On 12/6/2017 at 12:22 PM, AldermachXI said:

A lot of the problem is timing...Like most games, they've gotten this thing on a production schedule. But we're sitting at one patch per month, at best. It's just the standard for a development/certification timeline.

It's really unfortunate and untimely that the patch before Thanksgiving was the patch to "break the game". It's the worst possible time to skip a patch and leave the game in it's current state for 2+ months. Most people agree - the game has never performed worse than it does now, with the exception of maybe launch week.

As soon as they patched on Oct. 25th and we played with the current Jason grab tuning, everyone knew it was off. So at that point we basically know we're stuck with it for a month...It is what it is, I guess, right? But then we find out they're skipping November because of Thanksgiving...Ok, so now we're stuck with it for 2 months, assuming they'll patch somewhere between December 18th-22nd. THEN they tell us the next patch (December) is a content and bug patch and that:

"we want to make it clear that this will not be a balance focused patch. This does not mean that we won’t be making any adjustments to balance, but there certainly won’t be as many high impact changes like the previous patch. A majority of this upcoming patch will be focused on introducing new content and fixing bugs. We acknowledge that Jason currently requires some additional tuning and we will be releasing a few posts in these following weeks with information regarding some of the recent balance changes."

That last bit basically says "Nothing to do with Jason's grab will be addressed in the upcoming patch" and "we'll make excuses for it later".

So if you're following, that's NO Jason grab fix THROUGH the December patch...So maybe January?

The game hasn't been fun to play since Oct.25th, and they want us to wait until (at least) January before Jason isn't a joke?

Yeah...good luck hanging onto the player base that long. Something tells me they're scrambling to fix this in time for the upcoming patch. They'd really be stupid not to.

Wow, @AldermachXI! You are on a tear in this thread. Bullseye after bullseye after bullseye...

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

You would think that the ability to communicate with the devs would make for a better experience, but it rarely does. What usually happens instead is that people complain to the devs to change something for their benefit with no consideration to what said change will do to the game's balance. You would think that a more thoughtful response with many bases considered would be received with more respect, but you'd be wrong. The loudest whiners win, sadly. ...and this is by NO means a F13 only problem. It's industry wide. Some devs actually test said changes to see if they will break the game first before adding them to the game, though.

It solves some problems and creates others. I think host-migration would be a better fix, but that's just my opinion.

This times a hundred, thousand, trillion.

We had the PERFECT Friday the 13th game, and now it's gone!!!

Why is life so cruel?!!!

Wow, @AldermachXI! You are on a tear in this thread. Bullseye after bullseye after bullseye...

Haha...Thanks brutha. Just calling it as I see it.

7 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Hahaha this is great... typical forum behavior.

As for the original post, I get what @Rexfellis is trying to get at. Sometimes people's gripes get very annoying and some people get carried away and take an abusive route. Clearly not an affective approach to accomplishing anything. Actually more of the opposite as it leads to more distractions from investing time in delivering news or doing more important aspects of a job to handle. 

I had written a similar thread about exercising patience back in June? July? Can't remember. It was when waiting on the Xbox patch and back then I was gung ho to defend developers as I felt they were aware of issues and working on them. It's a small team, it takes time, etc. 

Then we had to wait how long on preventing items from falling in the ground? Glitchers. The Savini incident of 2017. Window animation breaks. Goofy costumes blended with bikinis. Issues with weapons sticking in doors when trying to break it. Backer copy issues delivered incorrectly. People felt promises were broken. Nerf counselors, nerf Jason, blah, etc. We could all compile a plethora of issues and incidents. This is what @bewareofbears was referring to if you didn't get it @WashingtonJones. @AldermachXI, you seriously nailed the issue with the last patch. Combine a month of no patch, with next patch won't fix balance issues, not a great deal for the enraged gamers.

It seems with each patch, a few things are fixed, but balance issues and new bugs appear. This is why I understand those who are tired of this game. The ones that call it broken. It's called empathy and understanding where each other comes from; even if they share their opinion brashly.

Also, the fact of complaining about complainers is redundant and has been done several times on the forums. A quick comment saying "we have plans", "big news coming soon", and all of the other lines that actually aren't any news are silly and unnecessary. This is a video game forum. As with the game itself, it contains trolls(this word is getting old to me), and people are going to complain or say some ridiculous stuff for either attention, humor, or to irritate people because their own lives are so pathetic. Even though I get your idea behind it Rex(use the search button and do research, be smart before ranting) this is the type of thread that plays into the hysteria. I realized that a while back with mine.

I think one of the communication issues people would like to see is the devs just popping into off topic and replying about a new game, some favorite horror movies, Halloween plans, favorite bamds or types of music, favorite Freddy one liners, whatever it may be. Just more participation like they used to do. You know, be involved in the community. Takes 10 minutes of their day. Two less tweets while taking a shit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Even though I get your idea behind it Rex(use the search button and do research, be smart before ranting) this is the type of thread that plays into the hysteria. I realized that a while back with mine.

I know exactly what you are saying man. I was away from the forums for a couple of months and I was just surprised by the level of toxicity towards the devs. I mean, there has always been those types of posts, but, the amount of bullshit I read in the thread I linked just pissed me off. I've admitted that it was a knee-jerk reaction. But, I still stand behind what I said.

SIde note: My fucking xbox is a brick! I can't download anything on it! The downloads will start, and then just get stuck, including the initial 713 mb patch for the console itself. I've checked my internet connection, it is not on their end. It looks like I'm going to have to send it back to Microsoft. So that, along with drinking some really nice 8.2% abv craft beer that night may have contributed to my little rant. I'll admit that I didn't search. I read the thread and felt the need to discuss it. Then, I drank some more beer! :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 2:03 AM, Rexfellis said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13657-starving-for-information/

To everyone bitching, complaining, and whining about "radio silence", go read this thread. Read the whole thing, all 4 pages. @GunMedia_Ben and @ShiftySamurai attempt to answer people's questions and concerns in this thread. Yet, they are still fucking berated for no reason. I wouldn't be saying a goddamned thing at this point. It makes this community sound like a bunch of ungrateful, entitled little shitheads. And I bet 99% won't take the time to read the whole thing, because "It would take too long". But, you expect the people working on the game to read it all and answer your questions because you dropped a little cash on the project a long time ago.

I am not in any way happy with the state of Jason in this game right now (as I've stated many times), but, I am appreciative of the fact that people working on it are taking time out of their busy schedules to to give detailed answers to the questions that many of us hardcore fans are asking. I am optimistic about the changes coming up. Of course, we could all be disappointed, but that is just life.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I apologize to all the children I offended with it. I have no doubt that this topic will be locked, and I may get my first strike against me (Or banned, or whatever). I just call things like I see them, and I have never seen a game company that tried so hard to be interactive with the fans, and get shit on so much for it. Then, they get shit on even more because they are tired of repeating themselves, and hold out information until they have something concrete.

I just hope the topic stays up long enough for some people to read through it and realize that Gun actually cares what we think about the game.

Later.

I agree people are pretty negative and whine a lot. As I have stated in previous topics, nothing will please this fan base.  For almost every issue they complain about (mostly grab) there are many previous topics complaining about the exact opposite (see previous forum topics about jason reach being too long).

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is what @bewareofbears was referring to if you didn't get it @WashingtonJones

Oh, I had a feeling it was either an inside reference or he was drinking. 

I still think he was drinking though.

It seems with each patch, a few things are fixed, but balance issues and new bugs appear. 

Is this not uncommon with all games, in one form or another? Is it wrong to take into consideration that they really are a small team with a short track record? 

Criticism is essential but there's no need to be disrespectful about it. And I don't think those notions should be allowed to get old.

Also...and I don't know how, but I still feel there could be a different way to organize the forums to help this.

I think one of the communication issues people would like to see is the devs just popping into off topic and replying about a new game, some favorite horror movies, Halloween plans, favorite bamds or types of music, favorite Freddy one liners, whatever it may be. Just more participation like they used to do. You know, be involved in the community. Takes 10 minutes of their day. Two less tweets while taking a shit.

This would probably end up agitating people even more at this point. And people have said such shitty things about them, how could you expect them to come here and pal around?

I've read through old posts. I've seen them write about future stuff and when it was gonna come out; things that never happened. It doesn't look good to do that. There's nothing of interest that they can really tell us. They're stuck. 

But...the forums and the website should be the first place updated with current information. Unless I missed it on the forums, (and this is a small thing but) why was the road map's snow flake explained on Twitter but not here?  

There's some organization issues that need to be ironed out. 

47 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I know exactly what you are saying man. I was away from the forums for a couple of months and I was just surprised by the level of toxicity towards the devs. I mean, there has always been those types of posts, but, the amount of bullshit I read in the thread I linked just pissed me off. I've admitted that it was a knee-jerk reaction. But, I still stand behind what I said.

As you should. Extreme negativity is one of the major things that turns me off about this forum. And it's been abundant lately. I still enjoy discussions on gameplay here and there, although even then some people are just downright hostile. Just seems everyone's pissed off lately, which makes for a bad environment that I'm not sure I want to be part for much longer.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

As you should. Extreme negativity is one of the major things that turns me off about this forum. And it's been abundant lately. I still enjoy discussions on gameplay here and there, although even then some people are just downright hostile. Just seems everyone's pissed off lately, which makes for a bad environment that I'm not sure I want to be part for much longer.

I think it'll get better soon. For starters, we now have information of a few balance changes we'll see in the future, and if the devs start discussing possible game balance changes with the community then it'll solve one of the hugest stigmas in the community: more communication from the people making the game.

Couple that with people feeling as if they can make a difference for the better by pitching their ideas, and the mood will probably change from doubtful to hopeful. Not a perfect stance, but at least better. I used to see these kinds of mood swings on the old gaming forum I used to be a part of.

9 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Couple that with people feeling as if they can make a difference for the better by pitching their ideas, and the mood will probably change from doubtful to hopeful. Not a perfect stance, but at least better. I used to see these kinds of mood swings on the old gaming forum I used to be a part of.

Yeah same, seen the same kind of thing on other gaming forums I've been part of. Pitching ideas is great IMO, something I try to do myself. In that regard there's some great threads on here by members I respect, but they just keep getting buried under all the one-dimensional crap and don't get the attention they deserve.