havek

Single player will kill the game

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I see your point, but I highly doubt it will kill the game. If anything, it will bring those that waited for it for so long back. The devs will always attempt to fix it. Don't get me wrong, I think it will always have bugs personally and accepted this a while ago. 

Point is, they won't stop trying to fix things just because SP is out. I don't think it will kill the game either because multiplayer is more engaging than bots.

Thanks for making a post on this thread that isn't toxic. I'm just concerned that right now, at this moment as they work on singleplayer, they will lose focus on the multiplayer. The average player numbers are at 1,288 right now. The game is in a critical state in terms of playerbase.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, havek said:

Ive already moved to dead by daylight for the most part. I had good memories on this game, a moment of silence for a dead friend of a game. I hope we will meet again f13 game. I'm not crying it's just the rain they added to the game

DBD just seems generic compared to f13 can’t tell the gender of the want to be survivors they look all hunched over... the killer just looks like a knife floating around ...no furniture in the houses ...f13 (bugs aside) just seems like the devs put a lot of effort into the detail and have created a game that will be a classic that will have a lot of replay value!

• Like 1

I have no desire to play against bots in single player lol. That sounds beyond boring.

I really feel bad for people who haven’t found a good group of people to regularly play with. For me that makes or breaks the game. 

• Like 1

As a Jason fan, offline bots are what I’m waiting for. Online multiplayer gameplay is the furthest thing from a F13 film. I just want to stalk around Crystal Lake and kill bots. I don’t even give a shit if they walk into walls or in circles. Online is garbage right now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

As a Jason fan, offline bots are what I’m waiting for. Online multiplayer gameplay is the furthest thing from a F13 film. I just want to stalk around Crystal Lake and kill bots. I don’t even give a shit if they walk into walls or in circles. Online is garbage right now. 

I agree, man. Hell...the characters in the movies are dumb, so I don't see the problem. Ever since I was a little kid, I've dreamed of a game where I can play as Jason, stalking and killing dumb counselors. I really don't see the big deal. Bottom line, it's gonna be fun and satisfying. 

As a film fan from way back I gotta say I'm looking forward to single player, it will be fun to slaughter in that manner. But in my opinion, it won't be as rewarding as multiplayer against real opponents. I'll still play multiplayer, and hopefully some of my friends who have moved on will come back. So I Don't think single player will kill the game, it will be cool to see how they bring moments from the films to the game. But, multiplayer will still be my biggest draw to bring me back.

5 hours ago, havek said:

Thanks for making a post on this thread that isn't toxic. I'm just concerned that right now, at this moment as they work on singleplayer, they will lose focus on the multiplayer. The average player numbers are at 1,288 right now. The game is in a critical state in terms of playerbase.

No problem! I totally get what you are saying with the lack of numbers in peak players. Honestly, I think they lost a good chunk of the players back in June and July. What we are seeing now is the dedicated fan base that will be playing this game for most of its life cycle. What will bring people back (although probably only for a weekend or two) are things like new maps, new Jason, new kills. The reason people got this is love of the killer. Not love of counselors. Want people to keep playing? Make more private match options for customizable games. Give them new content more frequently.

5 hours ago, Madmaxxxxxxx7 said:

DBD just seems generic compared to f13 can’t tell the gender of the want to be survivors they look all hunched over... the killer just looks like a knife floating around ...no furniture in the houses ...f13 (bugs aside) just seems like the devs put a lot of effort into the detail and have created a game that will be a classic that will have a lot of replay value!

Someone here niece said hooks and generators.

Hooks and generators

Hooks and generators. 

Sadly, best comment of the game ever. I play it occasionally, but swriously, the killers all have one real attack. It's corny and a disgrace to the big name killers. Though DbD has many incentives and does a few things better than Friday, such as level progression, as @Tattooey pointed out in an old thread.

3 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I have no desire to play against bots in single player lol. That sounds beyond boring.

I really feel bad for people who haven’t found a good group of people to regularly play with. For me that makes or breaks the game. 

Some old school gamers prefer single player. They don't like playing with kids, or hearing bitching, racist, ignorant comments. They prefer the chill pace of single player.

I myself am all about multiplayer, but I respect what other people like. I will play some SP  as well to see if it counts towards Jason achievements. Besides, it's something new and shiny to try out for a bit.

Single Player will eliminate some of the negativity and stress brought on by the technical issues of multiplayer.

People who don't like the idea of single player or dealing with the issues of multiplayer can always play something else in the meantime, and check back from time to time to see if things have gotten better. I've chosen to do that rather than stress out over the game.

• Like 1

I'd rather have single player so that the game doesn't become completely useless when the online servers eventually close down. So bring on that SP! 

Single player is what will keep the game alive!

The online playerbase will die someday/servers will be shut down, you won't always be able to play multiplayer...single player you'll be able to play until your grey and old. 

This why I hope the single player components are good...in many ways they will be the game's legacy. It's the part of the game people can still pick up and play 10-15 years later if they wish. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, havek said:

Well my post was that single player will kill the game regardless of whether you like SP or not. Multiplayer can be cancer if the developers don't really know what they're doing. Not the genre's fault. But you calling multiplayer cancer and a dark time for games without explanation is bs. Artificial intelligence cannot match humans in most ways right now

The amount of money companies like EA and Activision have made during the last seven years off multiplayer has lead to games that are pretty sparse on content lately. Loot boxes in particular are very lucrative for publishers. Greed is driving the game industry right now. The publishers assume all a game needs to be a success is a multiplayer mode and loot boxes. So basically that is all we are getting now.

22 hours ago, havek said:

With all the people on these forums whining for single player it will distract gun from fixing the damn game. Also single player will reduce multiplayer player numbers. Usually in other games when they have both a single player AND multiplayer they fail pretty miserably, lack of focus on a specific gameplay mode. I will like to see where this poop train will end up, quite thrilling. I still have hope

I respectfully disagree I think sp mode will keep the game alive, I mainly play now with people I've met online so if they aren't on I play other games but if sp was around I'd keep playing especially since I can play Jason all the time, sp keeps the frustration of hosts quitting, disconnects, and people teaming with Jason at least until we get dedicated servers and new content 

• Like 1

I play my single player Atari 2600 game since 1979.  What in the heck are you talking about that single player kills games?

Also play my PS2 Star Wars battlefront SINGLE PLAYER since 2004.  Still a fun game to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobgoblin238 said:

I play my single player Atari 2600 game since 1979.  What in the heck are you talking about that single player kills games?

Also play my PS2 Star Wars battlefront SINGLE PLAYER since 2004.  Still a fun game to me.

The problem is not with the idea of singleplayer itself, but with the developers trying to do multiple game modes at once, resulting in poor quality of both. Multiplayer already has so many issues as is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, havek said:

The problem is not with the idea of singleplayer itself, but with the developers trying to do multiple game modes at once, resulting in poor quality of both. Multiplayer already has so many issues as is.

As far as I know, Illfonic outsourced the SP component to another company. So it should not affect their work on MP. Not sure about Paranoia, but I'm assuming that one is Illfonic's work.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

As far as I know, Illfonic outsourced the SP component to another company. So it should not affect their work on MP. Not sure about Paranoia, but I'm assuming that one is Illfonic's work.

But they are still spending big cash to outsource the SP I'm assuming. If they aren't splitting their time then they are splitting resources.

10 minutes ago, havek said:

But they are still spending big cash to outsource the SP I'm assuming. If they aren't splitting their time then they are splitting resources.

Can't argue with that. Even dedicated servers are not a good management of resources IMO. By the time they are released, will it even be worth it? It's not a big playerbase, even from an optimistic point of view. Dedicated servers should've been here from release. That would've made more sense.

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

If we ever get single player mode ... I've almost given up waiting

Me too :(

17 hours ago, havek said:

It got down pretty low previous to Halloween or somewhere around there. The sales helped and it experienced a bump in active players but it's in decline again.

Unfortunately, all those new players were brought into the game while it's in the midst of some severe balance issues as well as multiple longstanding issues.

At the moment, it's been six full weeks since the last patch and those that jumped in likely view it as a broken/abandoned game. The average consumer doesn't care about Gun's "plans" or about Gun at all. They will judge the game on their personal experience and I think it's safe to say (if the game sold over 1.8 million copies and can only maintain around 1k on PC) that the experience for them has not being positive.

I have next to no interest in multiplayer games unless its with people that I know.

I backed this game for single player.

If they "lose focus on multiplayer" then oh well.  They'll get back to it I'm sure.  Single player people have had nothing yet even though the game came out in May and single player was promised in the kickstarter.  Multiplayer can sit back and wait a little while so the single player people can get something too.  

11 minutes ago, auticus said:

I have next to no interest in multiplayer games unless its with people that I know.

I backed this game for single player.

If they "lose focus on multiplayer" then oh well.  They'll get back to it I'm sure.  Single player people have had nothing yet even though the game came out in May and single player was promised in the kickstarter.  Multiplayer can sit back and wait a little while so the single player people can get something too.  

Single player should be just a bonus not the focus. God only knows the bugs single player is gonna have....no thanks i'll pass on that mode.

Thats fine.  We all like different things.  

If single player wasn't going to exist or get any focus, then the company shouldn't have mislead people on the kickstarter about it.

11 minutes ago, auticus said:

Thats fine.  We all like different things.  

If single player wasn't going to exist or get any focus, then the company shouldn't have mislead people on the kickstarter about it.

Single player was a "stretch goal" during the original Kickstarter campaign but the goal was not met. The addition of single player was revealed in October 2016 (if I remember right) during the Backerkit funding phase as Gun was able to secure private funding to create the mode. The cost of pre-ording the game on Backerkit rose $10 after the announcement of single player.

This is a rare case where I don't think they did anything misleading at all. I've wanted a single player (offline bots) mode since Day 1 and I'm hoping it will be satisfying for myself and others who wanted it.