Jason LivesVI

Creative Trapping Outside the Box

I couldnt find a thread on traps so I will. Lets say with part 2 mostly im trying  out and thinking of unorthodox trap placing. I was thinking the best way to get trap kills by themself. How about early game double trapping in front of cabin doors two in a row. Are main houses good for kills? Ormaybe double trapping windows? any other spots or high traffic areas besides car n phone for  easy kills? 

And then whats some good ways to bait traps? Like the idea about trapping the window by the phone. Any other good creative baiting spots would be appreciated. 

Or what about letting the fuse get fixed then stalk waiting in the cabin by the phone, like in the bathroom or close enough to get thembefore they get off the phone.

I wrote a piece on my help thread if you want some ideas or have some ideas.

• Like 1

The side door of the Packanack lodge gets used a lot, even if the phone or car isn't there. Two traps at the bottom of the stairs guarantees unavoidance, but one trap near the middle should usually get an unaware runner. 

I've also seen traps hidden beneath a dead body or a recently broken down door.

7 hours ago, Jason LivesVI said:

I couldnt find a thread on traps so I will. Lets say with part 2 mostly im trying  out and thinking of unorthodox trap placing. I was thinking the best way to get trap kills by themself. How about early game double trapping in front of cabin doors two in a row. Are main houses good for kills? Ormaybe double trapping windows? any other spots or high traffic areas besides car n phone for  easy kills? 

And then whats some good ways to bait traps? Like the idea about trapping the window by the phone. Any other good creative baiting spots would be appreciated. 

Or what about letting the fuse get fixed then stalk waiting in the cabin by the phone, like in the bathroom or close enough to get thembefore they get off the phone.

I find trapping the approaches and doors helps too.

I've been seeking a general thread on traps (for counselor traps too). Anybody else set a trap outside the front of a barricaded cabin door? I find it helpful for 2 door cabins since it sometimes guides Jason players to go for the other cabin door, helping to anticipate where to expect him to break in. I feel trap play in general is very under looked in this game.

Friday the 13th_ The Game_201710022.jpg

Occasionally if I have traps to spare and catch someone in either of the tiny cabins close to Packanack I'll place a trap outside the window.

Break down the door, counselor instinctively jumps out the only window to what they think is safety at the moment. Trapped.

As a counselor, I enjoy trapping outside the cabin door, and then possibly inside as well too. This creates a nice place to escape to. Usually Jason will step in the first trap outside and never expect a second inside. This always makes me giggle.

• Haha 1

When I approach a cabin I know a Counselor is I like to place one trap near a back window, I then intentionally forget to break that window, and proceed to break all the others before bashing in the front door. I know it sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often I manage one.

I also like to just drop them on the fly in high traffic areas, especially between cabins in an area where a car is. Alot of people get caught on them when they are running from you house to house..

Basically try to herd them into them.

Also, I like to put traps down on top of car parts too. Doesn't work sometimes, but hella funny when it does, especially given how players like to drop them near the car.

Basic Advice someone told in regards to traps and jason in general. 

Think about what you do as a counselor, then think of a way to counter it.