A lot people might not consider Alice the hero type compared to Tommy. Understandable, but she did put up a good fight with Pamela so I figured this qualified her enough as additional hero. Also, her survival chances are better when she sticks with another group of counselors, especially since she never dealt with the likes of Jason until Part 2.

In order for Alice to spawn, the players simply have to find her by the lake. They must look for a canoe with Alice laying it unconsciously. Her location is unknown though, it could either be similar to the shack where it has different spawn locations or it could just be very random to the point where it's difficult to find her. Make the players feel like it's a long search party journey.

A couple ways this can work.

One is by finding her by swimming somewhere in the lake. Now this seems tricky, because if Jason finds you in the water, it's pretty much death guaranteed. So the developers might have to find the appropriate steps to get the right balance for both counselors and Jason. One of them could be having the canoe at a fair distance near the shore in order to swim to safety if the players don't mind a little cat and mouse mini game. Although it might seem like a risky way to have Alice spawn, it can be fun just for the thrill of trying to save her. Sometimes when things can go all wrong or when you're all alone, bringing in Alice can be your last ditch effort.

Another way, is to have the canoe with Alice inside washed up on shore. Once a player finds her, the counselor will be startled causing fear. Then the game will go to a cut scene where Alice wakes up and stands out of the canoe while the counselor is in a fear state looking at her. For the cut scene, to make it easier, you can use the same animations from counselors falling out windows and standing up and apply that to Alice. Now like the shack, this will alert Jason automatically and give him the location. Pamela will notify Jason by yelling something along the lines of "She's here Jason! Stop her!" Another thing is that Alice will start off at low health and one slash from Jason will put her in a cripple state. So if you're going to find Alice or if you think you might accidentally stumble upon a spot where she's nearby, be sure to come prepared in order to defend her.

• Like 1

There are topics related to adding Alice Hardy already, go and check them out! Make sure to check before starting a repeat thread.

1 hour ago, TiffanyCox said:

There are topics related to adding Alice Hardy already, go and check them out! Make sure to check before starting a repeat thread.

I had a feeling was going to post something like this. <_< Interesting for you out of some of the people here who post that, didn't you make a thread not too long ago about an idea for Alice stats? Lol.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13667-alice-hardy-stats/

Well now I know it's obvious you didn't skim through the other topics, because if you did, you would've known the topics related to Alice are suggesting her as a character, not how she spawns in the game. So I'm certain this thread is not a repeat. 

22 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I had a feeling was going to post something like this. <_< Interesting for you out of some of the people here who post that, didn't you make a thread not too long ago about an idea for Alice stats? Lol.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13667-alice-hardy-stats/

Well now I know it's obvious you didn't skim through the other topics, because if you did, you would've known the topics related to Alice are suggesting her as a character, not how she spawns in the game. So I'm certain this thread is not a repeat. 

Acutally I have seen 2 topics relating exactly to Alicy Hardy spawning in the game as a so called "hero" or "Tommy Jarvis comperison", I am not dumb when I say check for other topics.

3 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

A lot people might not consider Alice the hero type compared to Tommy. Understandable, but she did put up a good fight with Pamela so I figured this qualified her enough as additional hero. Also, her survival chances are better when she sticks with another group of counselors, especially since she never dealt with the likes of Jason until Part 2.

In order for Alice to spawn, the players simply have to find her by the lake. They must look for a canoe with Alice laying it unconsciously. Her location is unknown though, it could either be similar to the shack where it has different spawn locations or it could just be very random to the point where it's difficult to find her. Make the players feel like it's a long search party journey.

A couple ways this can work.

One is by finding her by swimming somewhere in the lake. Now this seems tricky, because if Jason finds you in the water, it's pretty much death guaranteed. So the developers might have to find the appropriate steps to get the right balance for both counselors and Jason. One of them could be having the canoe at a fair distance near the shore in order to swim to safety if the players don't mind a little cat and mouse mini game. Although it might seem like a risky way to have Alice spawn, it can be fun just for the thrill of trying to save her. Sometimes when things can go all wrong or when you're all alone, bringing in Alice can be your last ditch effort.

Another way, is to have the canoe with Alice inside washed up on shore. Once a player finds her, the counselor will be startled causing fear. Then the game will go to a cut scene where Alice wakes up and stands out of the canoe while the counselor is in a fear state looking at her. For the cut scene, to make it easier, you can use the same animations from counselors falling out windows and standing up and apply that to Alice. Now like the shack, this will alert Jason automatically and give him the location. Pamela will notify Jason by yelling something along the lines of "She's here Jason! Stop her!" Another thing is that Alice will start off at low health and one slash from Jason will put her in a cripple state. So if you're going to find Alice or if you think you might accidentally stumble upon a spot where she's nearby, be sure to come prepared in order to defend her.

I really like this idea and how thematic it is with regard to the original film. I also like how it offers a "last ditch" effort to a sole-surviving counselor as well as an additional means for interactions in the water between Jason and the counselors beyond the boat or otherwise ill-thought ventures. Was it a balancing suggestion that you had proposed that Alice be injured? Or was that meant to be thematic as well?

I am not saying your idea is bad, because its acutally really good! But other people have talked about putting her in as a helper or hero before, and using their topic as a starter would work better instead of starting a new topic relating somewhat to it. Sorry

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

I'd rather add Tina over Alice....

Alice won't add anything to the game.

Exactly, Alice was only in the movie with Jason for like 5 or 6 minutes, and unless Pamela was added it wouldn't work. I also noticed that the stats I placed for her would make her a counselor not used often. She just isn't completly "balanced" in the movie and would neither in the game.

I just don't see any benefit adding her to the game, regardless of how cool it might be. Just what exactly would she do once she showed up? It's not like she can be a maxed-out hero character like Tony Dingus (my nickname for Mr. Jarvis). It would be adding her for the sake of adding her.

Only way it would be relevant for me is if it had Pamela factored into it. Maybe she could be the hero character for the 4 v 1 Pamela mode that someone already suggested? I could get down with that.

1 hour ago, Blackwater34 said:

Was it a balancing suggestion that you had proposed that Alice be injured? Or was that meant to be thematic as well?

It's really both actually, haha. The injured idea was something I came up since I don't think OP Alice and Tommy would sit right with Jason. And yeah, after taking a good few blows from Pamela, it would make sense to leave her at low health.

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

I'd rather add Tina over Alice....

Alice won't add anything to the game.

I'm definitely in favor of Tina over Alice as well. But if it was Alice instead of Tina, I would be alright with that.

1 hour ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

I just don't see any benefit adding her to the game, regardless of how cool it might be. Just what exactly would she do once she showed up? It's not like she can be a maxed-out hero character like Tony Dingus (my nickname for Mr. Jarvis). It would be adding her for the sake of adding her.

Only way it would be relevant for me is if it had Pamela factored into it. Maybe she could be the hero character for the 4 v 1 Pamela mode that someone already suggested? I could get down with that.

Alice taking on Pamela is one thing, with her set of survivor skills like that, why wouldn't it be beneficial to assist other counselors on defending themselves against Jason? Who says it can't happen?

The Pamela mode sounds like a neat idea too. I know there's others characters that can benefit more, but Alice just seemed like a fan favorite to most so this just an idea I pitched at if Alice was to ever be playable in the game.