If you ignore his inability to repair, he's a pretty good runner and can get Jason's mask off easily and singlehandedly. Problem is, most Buggzy players will pick up a wrench instead of a machete and will play him like a vastly inferior version of Vanessa or Chad.

• Like 1

I main Buggzy. Outside of his atrocious repair skill, He's an awesome character. I love him.

His repair skill being low never stopped me from attempting to repair things. He is nearly as good a runner as Vanessa as well.

If he had even 1 more point on repair he'd probably be OP.

I love buggzy but he just isn't necessary for a Jason kill...

But he's not as trash as AJ or Tiffany 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I love buggzy but he just isn't necessary for a Jason kill...

But he's not as trash as AJ or Tiffany 

Unless you have a party setting out to intentionally kill Jason from the start, then you definitely need a strength character, unless you're going to have Tommy do the demasking, but that creates its own problems.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Unless you have a party setting out to intentionally kill Jason from the start, then you definitely need a strength character, unless you're going to have Tommy do the demasking, but that creates its own problems.

?

you never demasked with Vanessa solo?

it's not hard

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

?

you never demasked with Vanessa solo?

it's not hard

You'd need like five or six hits with a machete and that isn't happening against a competent Jason.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You'd need like five or six hits with a machete and that isn't happening against a competent Jason.

bro

No Jason can break in any cabin I'm in without getting hit

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

bro

No Jason can break in any cabin I'm in without getting hit

A competent Jason isn't going to let you hit him through doors or windows.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Impossible after block swinging was patched

Every hit on the door and windows leaves you vulnerable to a hit... 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Impossible after block swinging was patched

Every hit on the door and windows leaves you vulnerable to a hit... 

You don't need to block, just don't stand so close to the door that you're practically hugging it. Same with the windows. Granted you're probably screwed with those specific windows that prompted them to change the window smashing mechanics in the first place, but you don't necessarily need to smash them when there's someone standing there ready to hit you.

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You don't need to block, just don't stand so close to the door that you're practically hugging it. Same with the windows. Granted you're probably screwed with those specific windows that prompted them to change the window smashing mechanics in the first place, but you don't necessarily need to smash them when there's someone standing there ready to hit you.

Do you have a video proof of this? (for learning purposes) From my knowledge it's not possible to avoid a heavy attack from an axe or bat through the door..

Windows definitely leave you vulnerable to attack because of the button prompt thing...you can't just slash the window anymore..and if you don't break windows I will loop Jason the entire game

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Do you have a video proof of this? (for learning purposes) From my knowledge it's not possible to avoid a heavy attack from an axe or bat through the door..

Windows definitely leave you vulnerable to attack because of the button prompt thing...you can't just slash the window anymore..and if you don't break windows I will loop Jason the entire game

They may have made the hitboxes a little worse, but I remember being able to stand away and to the side of doors so that your weapon hits the door without actually hitting it, keeping you safe. Even without that, if you are in combat stance you attack quickly and can back up and block before you can be hit, since you can attack with whatever rhythm you want and the counselor can't possibly predict what you will do.

You absolutely can still slash windows, you just have to attack from a distance or go into combat stance. I'd only recommend the latter for the annoying windows that prompted the change in the first place.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They may have made the hitboxes a little worse, but I remember being able to stand away and to the side of doors so that your weapon hits the door without actually hitting it, keeping you safe. Even without that, if you are in combat stance you attack quickly and can back up and block before you can be hit, since you can attack with whatever rhythm you want and the counselor can't possibly predict what you will do.

You absolutely can still slash windows, you just have to attack from a distance or go into combat stance. I'd only recommend the latter for the annoying windows that prompted the change in the first place.

I think you're right.. I remember seeing pappus break doors a specific way that I thought was odd but now I know why..this might make part 6 the most vulnerable because you can't break doors from the side as easily as part 3

I appreciate this knowledge :)

28 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I think you're right.. I remember seeing pappus break doors a specific way that I thought was odd but now I know why..this might make part 6 the most vulnerable because you can't break doors from the side as easily as part 3

I appreciate this knowledge :)

Part 6's weapon has a longer range making him completely immune to any door hits. Just stand back from the door, enter combat stance and use stab attacks by holding the attack button. Won't get stuck and will let you hit the door from far away.

2 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

He sure wasn't underrated when it was quick play team-killing season.

Lol. Yeah, Buggzy kind of became the team-killing mascot/poster boy. 

20 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Part 6's weapon has a longer range making him completely immune to any door hits. Just stand back from the door, enter combat stance and use stab attacks by holding the attack button. Won't get stuck and will let you hit the door from far away.

bats and axe range is so long tho

i'll test it

I main part 6. Use his left shoulder in combat stance to attack doors at an angle. I never got hit that way as counselors just hit the door frame first. I even sometimes clip through the door and hit them.

No counselor is underrated. Each counselor serves their purpose and some people have a different game play. Someone may main Tiffany while someone else hates her and loves Debby they all work for how they are supposed to play.

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I am a amazing Jason, but breaking down a door you have like a 1-2 second delay until you can do anything at all. That gives any counselor a chance to swing at you from inside. Unless you work at doors with combat stance, which doesn't work for me. I either get stuck in the wall or it just doesn't work. Now windows, I have never had anyone hit me through one.

Buggzy is a good character, he is best at fighting Jason 1v1, he can demask him in a few hit from the machete, and he his speed is only second to Vanessa, so he can also serve as a "I'll distract him you repair stuff" Counselor, armed with Sucker Punch he is a good counselor to defend other counselors/help get the car started by stunning Jason, Over all he is a all around good character, just has lousy repair.

I swap between Buggzy and Mitch depending on the group layout.  If there are four or more fixers, I'm grabbing Buggzy to use as a defender/deliverer.  With proper perks, he can knock Jason down for longer periods of time and can quickly close the gap when a quick rescue is needed. 

Again, though, it's all depends on the group composition.  Too may Vanessas and Buggzies and nothing's getting fixed, which is definitely a bad situation to be in.

Buggzy is actually my second favorite counselor, behind Deb. I normally like to fix things during a match. But, there are times I just need to open a can of whoop-ass on Jason! Unfortunately, that is all too easy with any counselor now since Jason has been punked out. It's just that I've been playing so long that I have become accustomed to playing Deborah and Buggzy. I will set it to random just to change things up, but if I am choosing it will always be Deb or Brandon.