Lost Krusader

Lots of hours later...3 quick things

So after countless hours of play I've got three quick suggestions.  (Besides the usual fix the glitches/servers/yadda yadda stuff)

Adjust the time limit if players drop out before the match starts.  7 counselors have a lot better chance going 20 min than 4 or even less (if people drop after match has begun).  To make it more fun/worthwhile, perhaps the time limit could be shortened for smaller groups.

I know there is a raging debate about the shift grab.  Jason players love it, councelor players hate it.  All I can say is that nobody likes having a stalking Jason appear out of thin air and grab/kill them before anything can be done.  As a sweater lover I often find myself grabbed and in a kill sequence before I even can hit Y.  Maybe give it a half-second delay unless Jason is in rage mode?  Or give out more pocket knives? (any decent Jason is hardly slowed down much by a pocket knife defense, and it takes away the feeling of frustration from an instant kill if you are given at least one more chance since you are now aware).  Or maybe make it fair by adding a tape-like rare one-shot item like Freddy's Glove that allows for an instant mask-removing attack.  I figure if Jason fanatics are ok with dishing it out, they should be also willing to sometimes take it.  

Finally, and most importantly, the only aspect of the game that really takes away my enjoyment is the idea that actually being active is far more detrimental than just sitting there.  Sure, you get rewards for taking risks, but they aren't enough to make it worth it.  There actually needs to be penalties for players that just find a knife, spray, and a weapon and then crouch in a corner for 20 minutes.  Nothing is more frustrating then frantically searching for that final car part or phone box and dying, then watching one or two hosers who've contributed nothing hide somewhere for 10 minutes and then run from cabin to cabin for the last 4.  Yes, that strategy works. It's actually quite smart because it's exponentially more dangerous to expose yourself in the open, make noise, go weaponless while you carry a part, and then visit and re-visit a place Jason is obviously constantly watching instead of just passing through.  And all this to try and create a means for escape and then having to actually avoid him even further while you escape with by that means.  Its hard.  Yet its what makes the game fun.   Anymore for me though it only takes a round or two of watching people crouch in the corner for 10 min+  on a large map as Jason wanders around aimlessly before I'm switching to a different game for the night.  I realize maybe there is no solution to have people play differently, but at least let us get our points and move on to a fresh start instead of having to stare at a guy creeping back and forth in a bedroom for agonizingly long periods of time.  

Thanks Guys, 

Lost Krusader

I agree, I HATE watching someone just crouch behind a door for an entire match. I also hate the shift grabs, but I don't think they are frustrating enough to cause more pocket knifes being added. There are already way too many pockets knives on each map...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lost Krusader said:

I know there is a raging debate about the shift grab.  Jason players love it, councelor players hate it.  All I can say is that nobody likes having a stalking Jason appear out of thin air and grab/kill them before anything can be done.  As a sweater lover I often find myself grabbed and in a kill sequence before I even can hit Y.  Maybe give it a half-second delay unless Jason is in rage mode?  Or give out more pocket knives? (any decent Jason is hardly slowed down much by a pocket knife defense, and it takes away the feeling of frustration from an instant kill if you are given at least one more chance since you are now aware).  Or maybe make it fair by adding a tape-like rare one-shot item like Freddy's Glove that allows for an instant mask-removing attack.  I figure if Jason fanatics are ok with dishing it out, they should be also willing to sometimes take it.  

Killing Jason is already MUCH easier than intended. It is Jason, after all. 

Once you have the mask off, his only defence is offing either the sweater girl or Tommy. If he catches either of you off-guard and without knife then it's fair game to him, better luck next time.

I've killed him pleanty of times pre-patch when he had his so-called 'stretch armstrong' grab range. It's a lot easier when you have a competent group and communicate well. In fact, the only reason me and my group stopped bothering is because we all have the 'hero' badge to level three and the 'roll credits' trophy. There's not much in it for us anymore. 

Also, people that survive via running out the timer don't get any survival XP.

• Like 1

Just letting you know, there are already many topics related to this. Make sure to check forum rules and look for other topics relating to one you want to make. I agree with you on some stand points but please follow rules! 

Jason just needs to be more dynamic than shifting around grabbing people.  Lots of people play him with just this one move, over and over, because it's so easy and effective.  Makes things really dull.  Maybe it he was limited to the amount of kills per match using this move to make people actually do something different that would be great.

Hey Tiffany tell ya what.  You get people to follow my rule of no spamming shift-grab all the time, and I'll stop posting about it.  I think its a fair deal =-)

2 hours ago, Lost Krusader said:

Hey Tiffany tell ya what.  You get people to follow my rule of no spamming shift-grab all the time, and I'll stop posting about it.  I think its a fair deal =-)

Shift-grabs don´t work a lot of the time, i never had the experience to get grab right after a shift. I tried it sometimes myself and i never got one, with a lot of luck i managed a shift-slash but that´s about it. 

Playing Jason with only one move can be really boring, i don´t know how much fun that would be. I changed my Jason from 3 to 7 after i managed to kill all counsellors + tommy every single match. Now the shift is shorter than before and i can´t run, so i have like another difficulty level, which makes it much more entertaining for me to actually get all of them. 

3 hours ago, Lost Krusader said:

Jason just needs to be more dynamic than shifting around grabbing people.  Lots of people play him with just this one move, over and over, because it's so easy and effective.  Makes things really dull.  Maybe it he was limited to the amount of kills per match using this move to make people actually do something different that would be great.

You know what, it's as hard as it it already to shift grab, I agree on a certain stand point of dieing or escape 5 minutes into the match and having to watch people for 15 minutes, possibly when Virtual Cabin comes out you can mess with that for 15 minutes! And no deal because its a rule...

3 hours ago, Lost Krusader said:

Actually Tiffany is only stating the policy and rules of the forums, violations can result in warnings.. which can lead to you getting booted out of here.. so.. take the friendly advice, use search and keep the bitching to one thread.