Chace Hollett

What is your favorite Friday the 13th?

I don't have a favorite. There are things I like about all of them. Well, the first eight anyway. The rest after that don't really compare. And I don't what excuses are made, what arguments are constructed, what mental gymnastics are used, or anything of the sort, but the fact of the matter is this - Friday the 13th only really works in the 80's setting. That's just a stone cold fact.

Some horror franchises can get away from that. However, it's just a big part of Friday the 13th's atmosphere. It doesn't feel right when you try to take it into the other decades due to the pop culture and overall societal trends of those beyond the 80's.

Part 4 followed by part 6.

As much as people love Kane Hodder as Jason, he was in all the bad movies with some of the stupidest storylines.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, bewareofbears said:

Part 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan/Vancouver) is my favourite but I believe the best film of the bunch is the original.

I really like this one too, but damn that ending. I sometimes can't watch it because it's that bad. After the elephant scream it's all downhill and I sometimes just stop there. To make up for the ending, it's has the beginning with the awesome song of The Darkest Side of the Night.

I think is Jason Lives is my favorite because I like Tommy Jarvis in it, even though he's the reason the movie even happens in the first place. Bonus points for calling Jason maggot head, an asshole, chicken shit, and a pussy.

@The Tommy

I saw Part 8 as a kid so I always viewed Jason as some form of monster with a pumpkin face and elephant scream. I wasn't bothered by any of it as a kid so I assume that's why it doesn't bug me much now. It's not a great film but it's a fun monster movie. :)

@bewareofbears Jason was even a temporary hero in the film too. Plus he tangled with a future Jason actor. I saw all the movies as a kid/younger teen as well. If only part 8 Jason had the elephant scream in game. 

I really like part 4. It introduces us to Trish and Tommy Jarvis, cool kills, Chris Glubber's dancing, the "deadfuck" quote I use on a daily bases, and I feel it's the apitimy of a summer camp slasher film.

Part 6. I love the whole Frankenstein's monster vibe and it's got a great autumn feel for watching at Halloween. Plus the musical score is quality. Keeps pumping away but still has all the weird sounding moments from the earlier films.