Chace Hollett

What is your favorite Friday the 13th?

I flip flop between Part IV and VI. The remake has been growing on me (not that it's good) simply out of the need for a new Friday movie. I'd like to swirly someone for putting underground tunnels in that film.

• Haha 1

Part VI easily for me. I'm hoping that one day Megan Garris becomes a counselor, but for now a doppelganger of Chris Higgins will suffice.

Part 5 is my favorite.. Sure, Steinman was a exploitation flick director before doing Part 5, but what is horror really? It's not some classy genre meant to inspire world peace and fuzzy feelings. 

I thought the Roy thing was cool, his mask was great, and all the characters were fun and likable. C'mon, Billy and his weather forecast are unforgettable. 

I love part 5. Has the hottest F13 girl imo. Pam. Reggie is awesome. Great kills, great music. Almost every character is memorable. Even though it basically rips off Part 3s outhouse scene and Part 3 barn ending, but other than that I love it. Especially Ethel & Junior lol. 

Jason Lives. I also really like 1, 2, and the reboot. Don't care for any of them other than those four to be completely honest. And I like the game better than the movies.

This isn't an actual Friday the 13th film, it's fan made and that's a part of the community I've personally enjoyed even though many are loveable awful. Anyways this is old, made in 1995 by some teenagers and is supposed to work as a sequel to Jason Goes To Hell. For all it's quirks these kids really put some serious effort in to this and acted their little hearts out. Personally I can't help but love it. So, figured I'd share the link and if anyone feels like burning an hour + of their life you should check it out. Friday the 13th 10, To Hell And Back, one of my favorites.

To Hell And Back

Part 1-3; part 6; part 4 was OK. I didn't like part 5 much, except for the Violet dance scene, but that's it. 

- Part 1 had a good, mysterious atmosphere, given that the killer wasn't revealed until the very end...anyone could be a suspect 

- Part 2 because of the appearance of Jason's shack/Pam's sweater..oh, and because of Muffin 

- Part 3 because it had some unique characters, many of which made it into the video game (Chris/Jenny, Chuck/Mitch, Fox, Shelley) 

- Part 4 was ok, while I did like little Tommy and his family, I found the counselors rather annoying, particularly Rob 

- Part 6 because of Tommy and the plot, because it had a real showdown, and because of the end credits song 

Part 7. I don't have much of a reason, I just like watching it and almost always put it on whenever I'm in the mood to watch a Friday movie.

Part IV is my pick, but i love all the films to varying degrees

Part VI. It has the best plot line. Tommy Jarvis is an easy character to get behind in this movie, and it keeps the series consistent and gives us someone worth rooting for. It carries the continuity and gives us a nice finale for a character that's been beefed up for two movies. It also has a nice blend of horror and humor, has great kills, and has multiple characters that are actually likable and not just plot fodder for us to roll our eyes at and non-nonchalantly say ,"Wow, I can't wait to see them get killed!".  It also has some really cool cinematics and the kills have style to them. They're almost structured like a cheesy action movie, and to add to the "cheesy action movie" atmosphere, we have Jason slashing the camera at the beginning like he's freaking James Bond! What's not to love about this movie? 

8.5/10

Part VII - I think this one was entertaining and original, poor Jason.

2009 -  I liked the modern feel of this one, ended up buying the DVD.

oddly enough,i like Parts 1-4 as classics,but i like Parts 6,8,VS,X and the Reboot because of the sense of humor added into those movies.I tend to enjoy when a horror movie stops being horror for a moment and gets me to laugh a bit....it's unexpected,but in a good way.

1-6 besides pt.5

and the 2009