Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown9

What happens when you die?

Alright, so just a thought I had. What happens when you're a survivor and you die? I imagine in matchmaking after you find a game you can stay in that group so you don't have to go looking for another game, but I feel like after someone dies, you'll have people quitting, which will lead to more waiting in lobbies for people to show up. Not a huge deal, just wondering. I'm guessing you'll just go to a spectator view but I don't know if that will really keep people there.

It is a spectator view when you die, yeah, and they're trying to make that something you'd want to stick around for to watch the action.

Plus, I guess plain quitting out of a game before it's over (and they're only 15-20 minute kind of affairs, not much more than an Overwatch game) might screw you out of your chances of unlocking stuff or something. Not quite sure how that whole system works yet.

It is a spectator view when you die, yeah, and they're trying to make that something you'd want to stick around for to watch the action.

Was that confirmed? I wished they went the Dead by Daylight way where you get the option to either spectate or leave, without negative consequences. Like sur the game are only 15-20 minutes, but what if Jason kills you in the first 2 minutes? Thats a hell of a long time to waste xd

Was that confirmed? I wished they went the Dead by Daylight way where you get the option to either spectate or leave, without negative consequences. Like sur the game are only 15-20 minutes, but what if Jason kills you in the first 2 minutes? Thats a hell of a long time to waste xd

Well if they won't let you leave I just believe they want you to act like it's a horror movie flick you are watching. Like you are watching a Friday the 13th sequel each time. Use your imagination, Lol. Cause the matches will end with a trailer cinematic, I'm betting that you can edit cause they said they can't wait for us to "share" our horror movie trailers with the best highlights. I know some people will just see this as a game but I believe with the developers it's not just a game it's like something you immerse yourself into, into the story and all that good stuff. Instead of worrying about competition but how you feel around this virtual environment and having to escape it somehow.

(I say story meaning our own horror slasher stories we are making just by experiencing the game and how you choose to make our decisions through your cat and mouse game with Jason.) 

• Like 1

Well if they won't let you leave I just believe they want you to act like it's a horror movie flick you are watching. Like you are watching a Friday the 13th sequel each time. Use your imagination, Lol. Cause the matches will end with a trailer cinematic, I'm betting that you can edit cause they said they can't wait for us to "share" our horror movie trailers with the best highlights. I know some people will just see this as a game but I believe with the developers it's not just a game it's like something you immerse yourself into, into the story and all that good stuff. Instead of worrying about competition but how you feel around this virtual environment and having to escape it somehow.

(I say story meaning our own horror slasher stories we are making just by experiencing the game and how you choose to make our decisions through your cat and mouse game with Jason.) 

Oh I agree with you 100%!!! Even in Dead by Daylight if I die I enjoy spectating the other survivors and seeing if they make it and Friday the 13th The Game looks a million times more exciting to spectate! :D

I'm just worried about leavers. Don't want too many people rage quitting cause they have to watch :/

• Like 1

I'd like to be taken to the virtual cabin where I can either watch the match continue on the TV or just entertain myself until the next match starts.

• Like 1

I like the idea of going to cabin after you die, I for one have a crappy PC but still would like to view and walk around in cabin on my XB1 and PS4 with watching on the tv as an option gives players a reason not to quit they still have stuff to do

Uh...you die. 

But yeah. We've actually been talking about things that could be done while you are in a 'dead' state. However, there's nothing to talk about just yet. 

I hope for gameplay's sake that in-game chat is disabled for all dead players so they can't use the spectator view to tell the living players where Jason is. That wouldn't stop people over party chat though.

BUT, and I mean a big BUT: What if Jason is INVISIBLE to all dead players entirely or until he initiates a kill on a living player? Eh? Eh?

I hope for gameplay's sake that in-game chat is disabled for all dead players so they can't use the spectator view to tell the living players where Jason is. That wouldn't stop people over party chat though.

BUT, and I mean a big BUT: What if Jason is INVISIBLE to all dead players entirely or until he initiates a kill on a living player? Eh? Eh?

This!  Dead councilors shouldn't be able to spectate Jason's POV and Jason shouldn't render for them until the councilor they are spectating has Jason in camera.

Uh...you die. 

But yeah. We've actually been talking about things that could be done while you are in a 'dead' state. However, there's nothing to talk about just yet. 

My two cents, Ben?  What about a virtual cabin-alike placed outside the play-map bounds in which players could spectate the rest of the match on the TV, or play party games with other dead councilors?  The load, I would hope, wouldn't be any greater than Time-0 with all living councilors, and teams could stick together from match to match much easier instead of  match hopping right after death.

• Like 1