Jump to content
carnage4u

Quiting Games. Small time penalty for Next game

Recommended Posts

I really wish when people quit a game in the first 2 minutes there would be some sort of small penalty so they can't just hope games. it is such an annoying aspect that has been around since launch. I've give everyone 1 free drop an hour to account for disconnects, but I'd make people wait a few minutes if they drop in the first 2 minutes.  and if they drop a lot in the first 5 minutes, give a time penalty as well. It is frustrating to see people drop because they don't get to be Jason.

 

 

Last game 3 people dropped while I had them grabbed (after  I went through 5 pocket knifes) to not let me get the kill. I know that is harder to factor in, but there should be some code to monitor if people drop while grabbed by Jason and if do it X times, they get some sort of warning.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

I really wish when people quit a game in the first 2 minutes there would be some sort of small penalty so they can't just hope games. it is such an annoying aspect that has been around since launch. I've give everyone 1 free drop an hour to account for disconnects, but I'd make people wait a few minutes if they drop in the first 2 minutes.  and if they drop a lot in the first 5 minutes, give a time penalty as well. It is frustrating to see people drop because they don't get to be Jason.

 

 

Last game 3 people dropped while I had them grabbed (after  I went through 5 pocket knifes) to not let me get the kill. I know that is harder to factor in, but there should be some code to monitor if people drop while grabbed by Jason and if do it X times, they get some sort of warning.



 

Imo they should make it like DBD if someone leaves you get 1000 xp and if the killer leaves you get 1000 xp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any kind of penalty can be given since you can't be 100% sure that he didn't crash. 
As @Moe9999633 suggests you can reward those who remain but the game is ruined anyway for them, and unless you are one of those who play for XPs you don't care too much about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell no! How can you know why people left a match in the first place? There's a real life out there, you know? 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic has been discussed a million times on this forum. We all hate the match hoppers but this situation is a double edged sword.

Considering how buggy and unstable this game is it would be unfair to just start tossing out punishments when somebody disconnects. I get the non-interaction bug where your camera is locked in one direction and you can't do anything at least once every ten games as a counselor. Also, to add insult to injury, many counselors can tell when Jason has the non-interaction bug where he can't swing or press e until he gets smacked in the face so they will literally just sit in a fortified cabin and be invincible while talking shit the whole time.

Should I be punished for leaving a match when I literally cannot do anything? Hell no.

Should people who hop matches until they get Jason be punished? Hell yes, they are selfish bastards that ruin games for everyone else. (*cough* *cough* Add a Jason only queue to weed out these pricks *cough* *cough*)

If one of you comes up with some rain main type solution by all means share it with us. Otherwise, please stop making this topic over and over again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The argument about not knowing if they crashed or lagged out doesn’t stand. Because they can track if the person backed out and hit the “are you sure?” confirmation button. So yes. Anyone that backs out as a host should be punished and temporarily banned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On DBD if you rage quit from the killer it will decrease your survivor rank, same with the killer with his killer rank, Plus you lose everything you brought into that match such as your toolbox or rare medkit etc. Also as @Moe9999633 said you also get XP if they quit on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, of course, let's ban people that disconnect from the game to pick up the phone, deal with some important business, check out the kids, talk to family or, you know, normal things. It's a game, you won't die just because someone quit before you kill them. If the host quits, search for another lobby. That's pretty simple. You can't decide what other people do and ban them for having a life outside of a game. You can't force people to play as Jason if they don't want to. You can't force people to play as a counselor if they don't want to. Some opinions on this forum are so fucking annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Yeah, of course, let's ban people that disconnect from the game to pick up the phone, deal with some important business, check out the kids, talk to family or, you know, normal things. It's a game, you won't die just because someone quit before you kill them. If the host quits, search for another lobby. That's pretty simple. You can't decide what other people do and ban them for having a life outside of a game. Some opinions on this forum are so fucking annoying.

Then don’t host a game if you can’t commit to it. Dropping out as a host just because you think your shit is more important, screws everyone else over and makes you a selfish prick. Don’t host. Simple. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Then don’t host a game if you can’t commit to it. Dropping out as a host just because you think your shit is more important, screws everyone else over and makes you a selfish prick. Don’t host. Simple. 

Yeah dude, there's a lot of more important things in life than a game. Sometimes you host a game but at some point you have to quit. That's how life works for adults. 

If I have a daughter, for example, and suddenly she starts to cry I will not be able to check out what's going on only because YOU can't deal with the simple act of search for another lobby? Jesus, get a life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Yeah dude, there's a lot of more important things in life than a game. Sometimes you host a game but at some point you have to quit. That's how life works for adults. 

If I have a daughter, for example, and suddenly she starts to cry I will not be able to check out what's going on only because YOU can't deal with the simple act of search for another lobby? Jesus, get a life. 

Wtf so as a host your time is more valuable than others? Its not a question of 'find another lobby' when your past 15 minutes have been wasted by some selfish jerk. Why can't you leave it on when you attend to your daughter anyway? Bottom line if you can't commit to a full match don't host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Wtf so as a host your time is more valuable than others? Its not a question of 'find another lobby' when your past 15 minutes have been wasted by some selfish jerk. Why can't you leave it on when you attend to your daughter anyway? Bottom line if you can't commit to a full match don't host.

I had a neighbor show up the other night, he and his wife were having issues. But wait! I'd just started playing a video game, and those people were expecting me to do that. So I said, "tough luck on your marriage, bro, I've got Jason's to kill- I made a time commitment! Gotta book my time if you want to talk."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

This topic has been discussed a million times on this forum. We all hate the match hoppers but this situation is a double edged sword.

Considering how buggy and unstable this game is it would be unfair to just start tossing out punishments when somebody disconnects. I get the non-interaction bug where your camera is locked in one direction and you can't do anything at least once every ten games as a counselor. Also, to add insult to injury, many counselors can tell when Jason has the non-interaction bug where he can't swing or press e until he gets smacked in the face so they will literally just sit in a fortified cabin and be invincible while talking shit the whole time.

Should I be punished for leaving a match when I literally cannot do anything? Hell no.

Should people who hop matches until they get Jason be punished? Hell yes, they are selfish bastards that ruin games for everyone else. (*cough* *cough* Add a Jason only queue to weed out these pricks *cough* *cough*)

If one of you comes up with some rain main type solution by all means share it with us. Otherwise, please stop making this topic over and over again.

On the devs' end, there has GOT to be a way to tell whether the player goes to the "leave" option, verifies they wish to leave the match, and goes back to the lobby -- which should be easily distinguishable from a person's signal suddenly vanishing. So yes, I agree that if you FREQUENTLY use the "Leave match" option (while your character is still alive, at least), there should be a penalty. But, of course, signal drops are detectable and should not be penalized.

39 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Wtf so as a host your time is more valuable than others? Its not a question of 'find another lobby' when your past 15 minutes have been wasted by some selfish jerk. Why can't you leave it on when you attend to your daughter anyway? Bottom line if you can't commit to a full match don't host.

 I'm with you on no mid-match host quitting. I think hosts should wait until they're in the lobby to quit. That being said, to @kitcat's point -- yes, sometimes life happens. Sometimes you NEED to quit to attend to something important. But at that point, you should get a warning. Something like:

WARNING: Mid-match host quitting is heavily discouraged. Frequent mid-match host quitting may result in game penalties. 

Then the player has to click "I understand" or "Return to game".

So that way, INfrequent mid-match host quitting would only result in the warnings. But people who rage quit all the time because they "didn't get to be Jason" or they got killed would ultimately be punished and/or banned. AGAIN, this would not count against signal drops -- only by clicking on the agreement above. (Sure, some people will cheat it by just shutting their systems off -- but hey! That gets them out of the game and prevents them from doing it again anytime soon. Can't imagine any of these impatient frequent host-quitting jerks having enough patience to wait for their systems to reboot and reconnect every time they die or aren't Jason.)

I can't see the harm in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDA said:

I had a neighbor show up the other night, he and his wife were having issues. But wait! I'd just started playing a video game, and those people were expecting me to do that. So I said, "tough luck on your marriage, bro, I've got Jason's to kill- I made a time commitment! Gotta book my time if you want to talk."

Or, novel idea, leave the console  on until the match finishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Or, novel idea, leave the console  on until the match finishes

No, in the group(s) I play with, they're way better served not having me in, than having me occupy space that I'm not making actual use of. I can get back in when I'm done, no harm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want this but I also don't want this. Now if it's because they didn't get Jason or they died but sometimes the game crashes, their power goes out, or something else. I remember I was playing Overwatch competitive and my game crashed, I ended up gaining like 150 rank and a warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the issue that I see is that most people feel that match quitters are quitting so they can reroll the RNG and try and be Jason for the round, right?  Set a value that locks a player out of being Jason if they start the match as a counselor and quit before they either die or escape.  

Even if they get disconnected by a technical glitch, the game can track what role they initially loaded in as.  If it's a counselor, they really didn't lose anything by being forced to be a counselor on their next round.  In this way, you prevent the player from tricking the system by performing a force quit and making it appear they disconnected due to a technical reason.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kitcat said:

Yeah, of course, let's ban people that disconnect from the game to pick up the phone, deal with some important business, check out the kids, talk to family or, you know, normal things. It's a game, you won't die just because someone quit before you kill them. If the host quits, search for another lobby. That's pretty simple. You can't decide what other people do and ban them for having a life outside of a game. You can't force people to play as Jason if they don't want to. You can't force people to play as a counselor if they don't want to. Some opinions on this forum are so fucking annoying.

Taking the initial suggestion to extremes.  I did suggest a once an hour "free pass" on any disconnect reason.  

If you are dropping for 3 or 4 games an hour for "real life" issues, maybe you should'nt be playing an online co-op game right now.
Also I'm suggestion to start simple with a few minutes delay from next game.

So you get those 3 critical business calls while trying to play F13,  you get to wait 2 to 3 minutes before you next game. Not some crazy life ban. If you continue to disconnect at rate for, then a slightly longer time penalty. 

a small delay would be enough to discourage some people from quick dropping from games. and people that always drop while being grabbed should be easy to track and penalize as well. I'm not calling for extreme measures, so lets not over react. 


This is a game, where its 8v1. when those players who feel they are too cool to play counselors now and then drop too often and degrade the quality of player for those left behind.  If you think you have a right be Jason 100% of the time,  then it seems like that is the problem.  That is not how this game is designed.  Penalties should be put in place to safeguard against this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kitcat said:

Yeah dude, there's a lot of more important things in life than a game. Sometimes you host a game but at some point you have to quit. That's how life works for adults. 

If I have a daughter, for example, and suddenly she starts to cry I will not be able to check out what's going on only because YOU can't deal with the simple act of search for another lobby? Jesus, get a life. 

No s*** sherlock.

But here's the deal.

If you are hosting a Server (on a platform where if you leave the game flat out ends) and think you MIGHT have some other stuff to take care of...then DONT HOST.

If you got a sudden phone call, family issues, and such to deal with...AFK and let the round end, don't be a chad bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 10:03 PM, carnage4u said:

I really wish when people quit a game in the first 2 minutes there would be some sort of small penalty so they can't just hope games. it is such an annoying aspect that has been around since launch. I've give everyone 1 free drop an hour to account for disconnects, but I'd make people wait a few minutes if they drop in the first 2 minutes.  and if they drop a lot in the first 5 minutes, give a time penalty as well. It is frustrating to see people drop because they don't get to be Jason.

 

 

Last game 3 people dropped while I had them grabbed (after  I went through 5 pocket knifes) to not let me get the kill. I know that is harder to factor in, but there should be some code to monitor if people drop while grabbed by Jason and if do it X times, they get some sort of warning.



 

The problem with the ban for quitting is pretty simple. There is no way to tell if someone actually quit. People losing connection with the host, crashing, internet interruption are constantly happening in this game. So you get kicked out by the server only for the game to be unplayable when you reboot it because your banned. Stop asking for things that will never get implemented. @Kodiak lock this up we got a ton of these threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been a lot of these threads already. Please use the search function before starting new threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×