PastyMcBalderton

XP For Using Pocket Knives on Jason's Traps

As the title says, I think to give more incentive for counselors to use their knives on traps at objectives and not just hoard them, XP could be awarded for doing so. It should also be a good amount, between 25-50 points.

I actually thought there were points for disarming traps when the game had launched, I may misremember. I like the idea. It's a nice incentive to disarm instead of stepping in.

I was thinking too since you only get 10 pts for breaking out of Jason's grab with a knife, so perhaps awarding 25 or more points you would see more people disarm a trap and in turn, help with objectives.

14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Using your pocket knife is a huge risk and should reap a big reward... at least 200 XP per knife used on a trap.

There is no risk to using a pocket knife. You don't even have to use them in the current state of the game. There SHOULD be a risk to using a pocket knife, but there isn't. Pop a trap and done. Also, you get 50pts for each car part repair, 200 pts for popping a trap is ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

There is no risk to using a pocket knife. You don't even have to use them in the current state of the game. There SHOULD be a risk to using a pocket knife, but there isn't. Pop a trap and done. Also, you get 50pts for each car part repair, 200 pts for popping a trap is ridiculous.

The pocket knife is still a free pass on a Jason grab kill and gives you the ability to trip his traps without him getting A sound  cue.

I do agree with your assessment of the game as it stand right now, hopefully a future patch will shift the balance of power back to Jason where it belongs.

My post using the term “huge” risk of using a pocket knife was made basing on that idea the developers will make a change to the balance for Jason and his clunky/ glitchy gameplay. 

The high XP would making using a pocket knife on a trap relevant and worth it.

( I really feel that the developers will make Necessary changes to Jason.....I am confident our voices are being heard.)

• Like 1

I think 200 XP is a little much too. I feel like 50 XP would be a good amount in this case. Part of it is to still allow for choice when it comes to using your knife or not. An XP incentive would (hopefully) encourage more players to disarm traps at objectives and help out othee counselors, but the choice is still ultimately up to the player if they want to or not.

27 minutes ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

I think 200 XP is a little much too. I feel like 50 XP would be a good amount in this case. Part of it is to still allow for choice when it comes to using your knife or not. An XP incentive would (hopefully) encourage more players to disarm traps at objectives and help out othee counselors, but the choice is still ultimately up to the player if they want to or not.

It could go down to 150 XP but anything less wouldn’t be any incentive to use it on a trap you are essentially using your only guarantee that you won’t die if Jason grabs you that first time...for an objective that you could possibly wait for someone else to do if you leave the item by the objective... one pocket knife should be worth at least what a kill is worth to Jason in XP for a counselor player.

and I will be honest I only use a pocket knife on the phone fuse box never any other objective the perks counselors have to tank it are way better than wasting a knife on a battery or gas tank objective.

for this to really work those perks that allow tanking need nerfed... thick skin and medic.

Maybe just make traps more dangerous? 

Counselors can already break free from a trap under 5 seconds. Usually not enough time for Jason to catch them unless he is right on top of them. 

Make it 8 to 10 seconds for a counselor to be completely free from it.

11 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

one pocket knife should be worth at least what a kill is worth to Jason in XP for a counselor player.

I see what you're getting at now. In that case, 150 XP is a number I could live with, but no higher than that.

• Like 1

150 XP for using a pocket knife is a little outrageous...If pocket knives were more rare maybe. But because every other cabin you can find one, its pushing it a little bit.

I try to use them on those traps around the car and I was shocked you didnt get a little xp for using it. considering it gives you a "Escape death grab". But what's lovely is those people that horde 2 to 3 of them, and when you ask them, "can you pop this trap so we can fix the car?" they said dont have any.. and a few moments later when they die by a slashy jason you see them pop up.. SMH

8 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I try to use them on those traps around the car and I was shocked you didnt get a little xp for using it. considering it gives you a "Escape death grab". But what's lovely is those people that horde 2 to 3 of them, and when you ask them, "can you pop this trap so we can fix the car?" they said dont have any.. and a few moments later when they die by a slashy jason you see them pop up.. SMH

I play as tiffany, I always go to the bathroom, collect a first aid spray, which i have x2 of; and firecrackers or a pocket knife, and go straight to objectives and instead of using my pocket knife, I have always just ate the trap to help out high repair counselors. It's just my good deeds, lol.

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

I play as tiffany, I always go to the bathroom, collect a first aid spray, which i have x2 of; and firecrackers or a pocket knife, and go straight to objectives and instead of using my pocket knife, I have always just ate the trap to help out high repair counselors. It's just my good deeds, lol.

are you on the console? PS4? I want to team up with you. I main AJ a lot so by the time I get a pocket knife (cause ya know all the speed looters our there) I have to consider, do I want to blow that one knife on the trap to fix the car and help everyone out or keep it for myself. 95% of the time, I blow it on a trap, fix the car.. and hope not to get screwed by some lone wolf stealing the car...

Yes I am on console, PSN Gamertag: Thesnotlicker

I am always just used to eating traps, ferrying items, or juking Jason. But as Jason, don't expect to escape :D

Just now, TiffanyCox said:

Yes I am on console, PSN Gamertag: Thesnotlicker

I am always just used to eating traps, ferrying items, or juking Jason. But as Jason, don't expect to escape :D

Im adding you, if you dont mind.. Im Larcen_1997.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

150 XP for using a pocket knife is a little outrageous...If pocket knives were more rare maybe. But because every other cabin you can find one, its pushing it a little bit.

Yeah, it would be outrageous right now for sure with how often the knives can be found each match.

• Like 1

if i recall correctly you get 10 xp for freeing yourself from jason with a pocket knife so why not do 10-20 xp for unlocking a bear trap. reason to double it would be that freeing urself from jason is only good for yourself, while unlocking a trap benefits the entire team and should count as an encouraged teamwork action like calling tommy jarvis or fixing up a car / calling the police

last time i was playing i had a jarvis player not willing to unlock a trap at a 2 seater gas tank with his pocket knife because of the xp he gains from freeing himself from jason (true story sadly) so 20xp for unlocking would surely encourage teamwork much more 

On 12/3/2017 at 6:23 PM, PastyMcBalderton said:

I was thinking too since you only get 10 pts for breaking out of Jason's grab with a knife, so perhaps awarding 25 or more points you would see more people disarm a trap and in turn, help with objectives.

I think this is perfect here. The reward is greater than keeping the insurance plan, but not too ridiculous.

On 12/4/2017 at 4:33 PM, dmack621 said:

Also, you get 50pts for each car part repair, 200 pts for popping a trap is ridiculous.

200 points is insane. That is as much as surviving 20 minutes. 50 even seems high to me personally. After all, there is no guarantee you will even accomplish the goal in front of the knife. With Tommy J having one guaranteed, there is some easy XP if you have a Tommy willi ng to hand it over to a counselor

• Like 1