11 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

while we definitely see Jason players get frustrated and quit when not being able to kill counselors as quickly as they like

Not at all

I'm frustrated when 7 counselor chase me instead of running away. I'm frustrated when i see 7 counselor running with 6 med spray each. I'm frustrated when they are able to chain stun me. I'm frustrated when i miss them because the HIT BOX IS NOT WORKING ON EVERY JASON, not only on part 7. I'm frustrated when they just have to crouch and i'm unable to hit them. I'm frustrated when they are able to call the cops in 2 minutes. I'm frustrated when they loop around the table for 10 minutes then jump through a broken windows without taking damage and i'm stuck there because there's a force bubble around the window. I'm frustrated when they can hit me behind a closed door. I'm frustrated when they run around me and i can't grab/hit them...

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

The difference here is, your responses to both. "Jason is too OP" = you changed the game. "Jason is too underpowered" = "Adapt"

I never had an issue escaping when Jason was "too OP" ... I adapted to that Jason and how to escape him. So because some people didn't want to do that, the entire game gets changed up.

In the current state that Jason is in and the bugs that have NOT been addressed, no amount of skill matters.

And if it is intended that counselors can get free hits while Jason is stunned, whereas he has a pause in between attacks ... then you're going to lose a lot of players. Because that isn't "balanced" at all, especially when you can have 5-7 counselors swinging at Jason, and he can only hit 1 at a time IF the hit even works.

Also, I was in quick play ... not a private lobby when Jason was killed 9 games in a row and every game was "fight Jason". Even games where Jason isn't killed, it's still a "fight Jason" game because there is no consequence to doing so.

This is an excellent point. 

My feeling is they wanted to cater to the causal gamer that bitched and moaned because they died too often. The casual gamer isn't the one that's going to stick with this game. They play for a few weeks, then move onto a new game. The people here voicing their opinions on the games fucking official message board are the ones that seem to be falling on deaf ears. We get a shoulder shrug and are basically told to deal with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blinckx said:

Not at all

I'm frustrated when 7 counselor chase me instead of running away. I'm frustrated when i see 7 counselor running with 6 med spray each. I'm frustrated when they are able to chain stun me. I'm frustrated when i miss them because the HIT BOX IS NOT WORKING ON EVERY JASON, not only on part 7. I'm frustrated when they just have to crouch and i'm unable to hit them. I'm frustrated when they are able to call the cops in 2 minutes. I'm frustrated when they loop around the table for 10 minutes then jump through a broken windows without taking damage and i'm stuck there because there's a force bubble around the window. I'm frustrated when they can hit me behind a closed door. I'm frustrated when they run around me and i can't grab/hit them...

It falls on deaf ears. For some reason they are in the mindset that when people scream "Jason is too OP" everything has to change. They never considered that maybe counselor players were frustrated that they weren't escaping as often as they "liked" or as easily as they'd like.

But when people flat out EXPLAIN everything wrong with Jason and how he's a joke now. We get "you're frustrated because you're not killing people as quickly as you'd like."

This shows where they are at. So it's all good. Just stop playing. Eventually these counselor priority players won't have a Jason to dance around or teabag. 

I really think it's going to have to come for that for the devs to wake up. Just quit every game that you're chosen to be Jason. Refuse to play as Jason until all of quick play is unplayable because you won't get a game. Maybe THEN they'll wake the fuck up.

Sad that it takes so much to show them how badly they fucked Jason, but all it took was "Wahhh Wahhh, I can't escape, Jason is too OP!" for them to ruin the game.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Even if they want to run around in a Halloween costume while using a dancing emote to frustrate a Jason player, a counselor should know that Jason is going to probably kill them

Really ?

And there are a LOT of those things happening in this game over and over and over and over

But hey it's totally fine right ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

That being said; we have acknowledged that Part 7 Jason does have a hit issue. We are looking into resolving that. 

Thank you for responding. I love this game and I can also say honestly that it is one of two multiplayer games I love to play the other being Alien vs Predator. I like many others just want Jason to feel powerful and capable of dealing with seven to one odds. Right now he dosen't. We have seen the councilors get better at survival and now we need a melee buff and a grab tweek to Jason compensate. Grab range needs to be wider so you just can't run by Jason. The window invincibility bug needs to go real bad. Melee changes I mentioned earlier need implementation. Kind of embarrassing when all you need to do to avoid getting slashed is crouch. The phone fuse change is a good step in the right direction. The Jarvis House map needs it's phone box to spawn in at least one other place and needs a four seater car to spawn in every time you play it. We love this game and your communication with us is key. 

Six

@kitcat Sorry if I will sound rude, but don't you remember this is an horror game? People are suppposed to be afraid of Jason. There needs to be tension when playing as a counselor.

By reducing the amount of pocket knives, we are also making decisions harder to make and thus, adding more tension to the game. Since knives are your second life, you need to feel lucky when encountering one. But you also don't know if you use on Jason to escape or you use on a  trap to not alert him. Sprays helps to make the game less challenging too.

Removing these 2 items would make the counselor game unplayable, similar to what's happening now, but the opposite. But too many of them makes the game unplayable for Jason. There needs to have a game balance and your last comment didn't help with this at all.

• Thanks 1

@GunMedia_Ben

I appreciate the reply. I do feel when you guys say that you hear the comments from us but also take into consideration the comments of other sources that it is a way of minimizing the complaints here. I don't want to believe that's your intention but that's how it comes across. As a regular forum member, I can say at no point have I seen so many people say they're done, they've had it or they're out until the next patch. I would be surprised if similar sentiments haven't been expressed elsewhere.

On the issue of balance, you said a decently good game for a Jason would be considered killing the majority. As it is, all counselors can escape in less than 6 minutes (less than 5 with a perk) by calling the police. Counselors have been spawning in the phone house where the fuse has spawned too. With Jason in his current state, it would be very rare to see a Jason clear a lobby or kill a majority in that same time. That alone suggests the balance is off. Coupled with Jason's grab and melee issues, it's an improbable task.

I get majority rules and there are seven counselors to one Jason but Jason isn't a threat anymore. There is no game without Jason. His grab and melee are all over the place. Counselors have several buffs, such as perks and items whereas if Jason misses one shift or poorly morphs or is being chain-stunned, an escape option can be opened to allow all counselors to escape. Trolling Jason for five to six minutes while his abilities slowly activate is not a difficult task. Trolling a Jason with rage isn't a difficult task anymore either.

Jason players aren't losing to skilled players, they're losing to broken game mechanics.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@kitcat Sorry if I will sound rude, but don't you remember this is an horror game? People are suppposed to be afraid of Jason. There needs to be tension when playing as a counselor.

By reducing the amount of pocket knives, we are also making decisions harder to make n thus, adding more tension to the game. Since knives are your second life, you need to fell lucky when encountering one. But you also don't know if you use on Jason to escape or you use on a  trap to not alert him. Sprays helps to make the game less challenging too.

Removing these 2 items would make the counselor game unplayable, similar to what's happening now. But too many of them makes the game unplayable for Jason. There needs to have a game balance and your last comment didn't help with this at all.

I know it's a horror game. But there's a huge difference between challenging and impossible. We only have ONE use from one pocket knife and Jason can grab 1000000x times if the player wants to. During a full match you can find seven counselors, right? And like I said in another thread, sometimes I spend three or four matches without finding one knife. I agree about the balance, but not by taking away the chances of survive for the counselors, as I already said. The grab was nerfed, but used to work just "fine" before without nerfs about knifes and sprays. So it makes no sense at all. 

"There needs to have a game balance and your last comment didn't help with this at all."

I'm sorry, but I don't work with them. I can't do anything for the game's balance or whatever. But as a player who bought the game (Aren't you that guy who doesn't have the game yet?"  I have the rights to tell my opinion. Thank you and have a good night, amigo! :)

31 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

Really ?

And there are a LOT of those things happening in this game over and over and over and over

But hey it's totally fine right ? 

@GunMedia_Ben

I see a Jason trying to slash and use his knives as you suggested. You can't deny Jason looks pathetic here- a complete joke.

Is this Jason really losing to skilled players in this video? 

Edit:

Someone should show this to Kane Hodder, on Twitter or at a convention, and see what he thinks about it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I would posit here that you are focusing on your specific play-style. We have had over 2 million people purchase and play this game. Not every game is a 'fight Jason' game. Rarely do I actually ever see people taking the fight to Jason, and those that do are generally well-versed players against those that aren't as well-versed. You might have your friends and those that you play with that follow your style of gameplay, but there's a lot out there that have their way of playing. 

Over 2 million people bought the game. 1000 players on steam vs 10k+ on DbD.

I'm on PS4 ... went from being able to hold a full private lobby on any given day, any time day or night with people WAITING for spots. Having several others with full lobbies as well that if people in my lobby had to go for a bit, I could jump in any number of those. 

Now? Lucky if can 2-3 people in a party to go in quick play. All of this has occurred since the October update and it's not a coincidence.

You talk about having over 2 million people buy your game. I guess you don't give a shit how many are playing it though. And it seems apparent that you don't want to hear WHY they aren't playing it, because you've been told why and yet still hold the same stance.

That being said; we have acknowledged that Part 7 Jason does have a hit issue. We are looking into resolving that. 

It isn't just part 7 that has a hit issue.  It's pretty much all of them.  The two with the longest weapons in the game may as well be carrying a toothbrush, because that's about how close you need to be in order to get their 10 foot weapons to connect. Play, test, collect data, fix.  

For me, the bottom line is, this game no longer feels like Friday the 13th. It feels like a cheap arcade version of what the game formerly was, due to everything that has been pointed out repeatedly for the past 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@GunMedia_Ben

I see a Jason trying to slash and use his knives as you suggested. You can't deny Jason looks pathetic here- a complete joke.

Edit:

Someone should show this to Kane Hodder, on Twitter or at a convention, and see what he thinks about it. :lol:

Funny enough this is a game from before the grab change. Kind of makes the grab complaints a moot point. Imagine that, grab really isn't the problem with Jason like people have been saying.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@GunMedia_Ben

Bears, let's be real here. That Jason just walked up to the cops with seven players ready to leave. They were armed with weapons, firecrackers, and dance emojis, and Jason repeatedly walked into the fire crackers. No shift. Just straight walking. The skill level of those counselors is irrelevant. That was either staged for the video, or the Jason player started that match with no plan in place and a complete lack of experience. I'm not saying you can't be right, but that video is terrible evidence

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Bears, let's be real here. That Jason just walked up to the cops with seven players ready to leave. They were armed with weapons, firecrackers, and dance emojis, and Jason repeatedly walked into the fire crackers. No shift. Just straight walking. The skill level of those counselors is irrelevant. That was either staged for the video, or the Jason player started that match with no plan in place and a complete lack of experience. I'm not saying you can't be right, but that video is terrible evidence

So you're saying all it would have taken in all of those movies was for seven dancing counselors to group together?

I seem to remember Jason walking into a dance party (rave) in a cornfield (while he was on fucking fire no less) and murdering everyone in his path...

3 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Funny enough this is a game from before the grab change. Kind of makes the grab complaints a moot point. Imagine that, grab really isn't the problem with Jason like people have been saying.

As I mentioned, he's attempting throwing knives and slashing. Slashing has been an issue for a long time. I was pointing out that he was using the strategy suggested by Ben.

Do you think it would've mattered if he grabbed pre or post-patch in that scenario? I don't.

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

So you're saying all it would have taken in all of those movies was for seven dancing counselors to group together?

I seem to remember Jason walking into a dance party (rave) in a cornfield (while he was on fucking fire no less) and murdering everyone in his path...

Was Jason being controlled by a toddler in the scene from Freddy vs Jason?:P 

The Jason in that clip ignored all objectives and counselors long enough for them to find all of those items, find the fuse, repair the fuse, call the cops, wait for the cops, gather at the exit, and wait for Jason to catch on. That was either a brand new player, controlling Jason for the first time, or a planned video, with Jason's knowing participation, staged for maximum plays. Was @Laphin's barn wedding video, where Jason acted as a minister, also evidence of poor balance? :huh:

You're smarter than that, man. :D

Just the hit issue? Has there been any consideration to the fact that both his morph and shift being weak, combined with 3 traps make it very difficult to get good rounds with any group above beginner level?

Personally, just giving him +Destruction would probably be enough for me. Either way it would be nice if he was a little more threatening 

2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Was Jason being controlled by a toddler in the scene from Freddy vs Jason?:P 

The Jason in that clip ignored all objectives and counselors long enough for them to find all of those items, find the fuse, repair the fuse, call the cops, wait for the cops, gather at the exit, and wait for Jason to catch on. That was either a brand new player, controlling Jason for the first time, or a video staged for maximum plays. Was @Laphin's barn wedding video, where Jason acted as a minister, also evidence of poor balance? :huh:

You're smarter than that, man. :D

It's good evidence in my books because it correlates with what I've seen and experienced. ;)

I'm not a fan of the 'git gud' mentality or conspiracies so I believe even a rookie Jason should've been enough of a threat, just based on Jason's abilities, to prevent that dance party. The counselors saw no threat there because Jason, skilled player or not, isn't one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Just the hit issue? Has there been any consideration to the fact that both his morph and shift being weak, combined with 3 traps make it very difficult to get good rounds with any group above beginner level?

Exactly he is the worst Jason period. I’m sorry there is no justifying it. He was already difficult enough to play before the patches screwed up the game now it’s almost impossible to kill as him. He needs to have a complete overhaul.

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

As I mentioned, he's attempting throwing knives and slashing. Slashing has been an issue for a long time. I was pointing out that he was using the strategy suggested by Ben.

Do you think it would've mattered if he grabbed pre or post-patch in that scenario? I don't.

It might have according to 50% of users on this forum who voted on grab as the biggest problem the game is facing.

I don't think its realistic to take the video as evidence of anything since its the heaviest Jason sided map in the game and we only see a fraction of the gameplay.

14 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's good evidence in my books because it correlates with what I've seen and experienced. ;)

I'm not a fan of the 'git gud' mentality or conspiracies so I believe even a rookie Jason should've been enough of a threat, just based on Jason's abilities, to prevent that dance party. The counselors saw no threat there because Jason, skilled player or not, isn't one.

So we're just going to ignore the fact that the video is likely staged, complete with camera angles positioned to maximize capturing the dance party in action? :lol: Very well, then.

@GunMedia_Ben, please have your team review the following video, as I think it presents clear evidence that Jason's ministers license should be buffed. Nobody in the video remained married for more than 10 minutes:

Not trying to be rude here but people that play in private with there friends truly cant understand the jason shit show like people that play in QP. And i really don't think the devs play in QP either there is no way they can just shrug this shit off as counselors are getting better and jason is fine. on a side note i find it funny every one of these trolls F with and talk mad shit about  mr voorhees until they loose there weapons and pocket knifes then run away like bitches lol talk about lame..

On 12/4/2017 at 6:35 AM, Fooobar said:

You would need 500 XP as incentive.

50 is nothing.

lol....the “Incentive”’is that you can do a repair without alerting Jason as to what you were up to.  Hording the knife means that’s your probably going to die at somepoint, and the only thing you’ve done is deny yourself a chance to escape.  As Jason, I’m glad when they do this they can laugh and think they’re owning you, but really they just burning through their inventory and breaking their weapons.  Eventually you’re own of options and dead.

Cutting the trap allows you get the repair done, and avoid the “Jason camps X” scenario because he sees what you’re trying to do. 

8 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I know it's a horror game. But there's a huge difference between challenging and impossible. We only have ONE use from one pocket knife and Jason can grab 1000000x times if the player wants to. During a full match you can find seven players, right? And like I said in another thread, sometimes I spend three or four matches without finding one knife. I agree about the balance, but not by taking away the chances of survive for the counselors, as I already said. The grab was nerfed, but used to work just "fine" before without nerfs about knifes and sprays. So it makes no sense at all. 

First, the survivor chance needs to be slow when next to Jason, but the amount of tools counselors have makes this situation the complete opposite. As you said, there are 7-8 counselors total in a match. And you cannot expect them to survive too. I've saw a lot of matches where Jason got stabbed with pocket knives 4-5 times! In public matches, where you can encounter mostly inexperienced players, I generally see 3 or 4 counselors escaping because of PKs. This is a very bad situation for Jason. He either needs to be heavily buffed or the item spawn needs to drop. I know you encounter a little amount of them, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. They're probably in the hands of other players. Your luck is just against your favour:P

Also, you forgot it wasn't just the grab that got nerfed. Trap Stacking got removed too. I think both of them helped make the game what it is now. Trap Stacking was to defend against stepping on Jason traps and healing. Pre-patch grab helped people to use their pocket knives quickier. It was cheap, but it helped. A lot. Now that Jason needs to work before grabbing someone, the knives destroy the game's balance too.

1 hour ago, kitcat said:

"There needs to have a game balance and your last comment didn't help with this at all."

I'm sorry, but I don't work with them. I can't do anything for the game's balance or whatever.

You can share your ideas with us and hope the devs listen. With your help, this thread got GunMedia_Ben's attention. And we could see him actually answering us!

Also, I PMed ShiftySamurai with examples of Jason's poor hit detection and he passed to the F13th team.

1 hour ago, kitcat said:

But as a player who bought the game (Aren't you that guy who doesn't have the game yet?"  I have the rights to tell my opinion. Thank you and have a good night, amigo! :)

I have the triple amount of posts you have, I'm here before you, I alerted you to make an introduction post an I did this thread. I could've bought the game before you if I had the money to.

You can express your opinion like everyone can, but you cannot use the argument that you have the game and I not to make me look inferior.