1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

What? Who said this? There are lots of people who actually made much more than me for this game. Like for example, @Alkavian. Like I said, the forum members are the ones who helped this game with their feedback. I just watched and tried to help.

Yeah I don't think you understand what you were saying but okay. If the devs only cared for what forum members said we wouldn't have had the grab change. So just take a moment to realize that this place isn't nearly as important as you think it is.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

First, not yet. I'll get it for Christmas. 

Second, it is good for groups, sure. But since the combat in this game is clunky, is a bit hard to hit counselors. I rarely see Jason players using their weapon to undo groups of counselors. But thanks for @dandop1984, I was able to actually see it being used in some matches. You're right, man. To an extent...

Against counselors alone, crippling them still takes some time. If it was 2 hits = death, it would've been an even more important Strength for Jason.

Not to sound like a prick, but I think it's fair to say you really need hands-on experience with the game to form an opinion on mechanics and strategies. Theory will only get you so far, and relying purely on streams for knowledge is misguided as they are wildly varied in terms of skill. There is little gained in watching a good Jason pummel an inexperienced lobby and vice-versa, and especially a bad Jason vs bad lobby. If watching a match where both are skilled, you need personal experience for reference to truly understand what you're watching.

For instance saying you rarely see Jasons using their weapon to undo groups of counselors suggests to me that the majority of Jasons you watch must be attempting grabs instead. Which is the worst thing you can possibly do as Jason against a group who are armed and within vicinity of your target. At best, there may be a small window of opportunity to quickly to grab a counselor and walk to a safe distance to whiff a grabsave, but it's not guaranteed. Neither is using a counselor as a shield because you can never protect all sides. Even despite hit detection issues, weapon swings are still the best option.

2 hits = death would definitely be overpowered. It's something that would dismantle groups efficiently, but would also impact every other aspect of the game in a negative way. Jason does require improvements but this is not the way to go about them. More tools / better options is the ideal method.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

:) Rewatch your movies. There's a final girl at the end of each of the movies you listed, and he's lying "dead" on the ground in 2/3 of those. None of the final girls from 2, 3, or 4 are killed in the movie that follows them. We never hear from any of those girls again.

@LuckyDrunkTed gets a pass, because he technically never even encountered Jason.

Edit: On a side note, Paul Holt's whereabouts are unknown at the end of Part 2. We can either assume that he died fighting Jason off of Ginny and successfully kept Jason from killing her by himself, or that he and Jason teamed up and went on some magical adventures together before the events of Part 3.

Of course I get a pass! I was wasted off my arse!

And, BTW, who’s this “Jason” bloke that you speak of? Wondering, because everyone’s always so worked up about the guy.

Never heard of him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Of course I get a pass! I was wasted off my arse!

And, BTW, who’s this “Jason” bloke that you speak of? Wondering, because everyone’s always so worked up about the guy.

Never heard of him.

Local legend . That's all. Here. Have another drink.

... and a pocketknife.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 9:31 PM, bewareofbears said:

They escaped because of skill, they outplayed me. I'm not getting outplayed or out-skilled in Friday the 13th- I'm losing to broken game mechanics.

A-fucking-men. 

When I lose in Dead by Daylight as killer, it's usually because I played poorly and made mistakes, not because my weapon started randomly passing through the survivors on a 60% smaller version of Autohaven Wreckers where the survivors only have to do two gens. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1