ZooMalfunction

Had some matches last night for the first time in a month

25 minutes ago, matisangry said:

all i said was that i agreed that they teased it too soon. if you're going to tease a release that early, it's smart to release new teasers as time goes on. it's how you keep people interested. 

I'm a musician. have been for many years. I've released lots and lots of albums and am not unknowledgeable when it comes to promoting things. it doesn't irritate me they dumped the trailer and then failed to keep the excitement going, i just think it's kind of a silly move, especially given all the other stuff going on with the game. pumping up paranoia would be a great way to distract from the issues with servers and gameplay while simultaneously getting people excited about their game. what do i know, though? 

I'd just like to come here and be able to talk about the game instead of talking about all the things that make it frustrating for everyone. 

That tis why it's going to be a "surprise" when all of a sudden it shows up in the download inbox!

26 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

They have been teasing paranoia since August 11th. 

I know your new,but the whole "have patience" thing died out a few months ago,when even the most diehard preachers of patience just gave up.

;)

I am a diehard preacher of patience.

I am being patient.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

You can not tell me I am new, when I have been playing the game since July. I was on the forums before starting a new account. The game development crew for F13 is small and they have alot of things to get out to us in December and it takes time. 

Ah,I was referring to the forums because I didn't know you had 2 accounts. But my point still stands. Have patience and the small indie devs excuse got old months ago.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Ah,I was referring to the forums because I didn't know you had 2 accounts. But my point still stands. Have patience and the small indie devs excuse got old months ago.

It's all good! But surely it won't be long. People getting impatient and frustrated on these forums, tend to lead to arguments and clashing against Gun and Illfonic, when really they are working their hardest to get us content!

26 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

That tis why it's going to be a "surprise" when all of a sudden it shows up in the download inbox!

it seems clear by the general tone here that "surprise" isn't what most people want. 

personally, I'm not angry about any of this. more bummed out than anything else. i just try to look at this purely from a business prospective. my decreasing interest in the game isn't spiteful... or even intentional for that matter. it's just the natural consequences of the state of the game. it's more frustrating than fun so I moved on to something that doesn't cause me frustration. as a gamer, I'd probably have deleted this by now. like I've said a million times, there are hundreds of other games out there that function smoothly waiting to be played. but it's the horror fan in me that keeps me around. that and i do think underneath all the inexperience and head-scratching decisions this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. 

for me, the last patch screwed some stuff up, sure, but my biggest complaint still remains the servers. my free time is a premium to me. i don't get a lot of it, so if I'm going to use it playing games, i need to feel like i got something out of it besides one completed game an hour. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

It's all good! But surely it won't be long. People getting impatient and frustrated on these forums, tend to lead to arguments and clashing against Gun and Illfonic, when really they are working their hardest to get us content!

I hear ya. I even make it a point to try and remember everyone is human when I'm criticizing. You can't step over the line. I don't hate anyone over a video game,and I certainly don't agree with harassing the development team the way they were harassed before.

But patience wears thin and I think they were given a lot of leeway since the game released. Unfortunately given the existing track record,I don't see things improving too much. But I would love to be wrong about that.

There is just a wide range of people playing. We now have casuals, hardcores, newbies and vets. This kind of discrepancy isn't because of patches. The game had been out for a while and then went physical right around busy season.

If I play ten games, I encounter all types of players as both Jason and counsellors.

I think people like to be overdramatic when it comes to jason's nerf and the patches. Yeah, he was nerfed, and yes he didn't really need it, but we are also seeing better counsellors (and worse counsellors who are lambs for the slaughter). The player base is all over the map right now. Blaming a reduced grab range (that was necessary but overdone-causing new problems) for the state of the game is ridiculous and people need to stop. It certainly contributed to the problems, but those problems aren't the signs of doomsday. We're looking at molehills, maybe large ones, but they should not be mistaken for mountains.

Noone is blind to the fact that Jason was nerfed or blind to the fact that he was nerfed too much even, but the devs didn't make him this weak dandillion (some people) are claiming. His grab and the new item icons maybe cost me 1 kill per match or less. In fact the item markers even help my Jason game in some ways, so I pretty much call that a wash. I could side with the Jason needs a buff crowd but many of them are so overdramatic I would rather side with the Jason's grab is perfect now crowd. If we are honestly and subjectively looking at the issue without overvaluing our own opinions and playstyles, we should be able to acknowledge that the truth is in the middle. Niether side is the right or wrong side. Rather the devs should learn from both arguments.

If I miss a grab on a counsellor, not relying on grab as much has improved my Jason game in all other areas so I can usually still kill that counsellor.

Wouldn't it be awesome if in private lobbies his grab range was on a slider? Max would be vacuum like before, low would be like it is now... And public lobbies would be auto set to the middle. If it was my game, that's how it would be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if in private lobbies his grab range was on a slider? Max would be vacuum like before, low would be like it is now... And public lobbies would be auto set to the middle. If it was my game, that's how it would be.

No. It would be awful.

11 hours ago, Fooobar said:

No. It would be awful.

Lol another exagerration. No, it woudlnt. Fair enough if you wouldnt like it, I understand, but nothing about democracy and compromise in this community is "awful".

Anyway I did get a good chuckle out of your post so thanks for that.

On 2017-12-08 at 6:50 PM, CPLhicks31 said:

Lol another exagerration. No, it woudlnt. Fair enough if you wouldnt like it, I understand, but nothing about democracy and compromise in this community is "awful".

Anyway I did get a good chuckle out of your post so thanks for that.

Product development is no democracy.

I work with software development and in my experience such a slider would make the game hard to grasp. You will never be sure how your current game will be like. And that is really bad.

7 hours ago, Fooobar said:

Product development is no democracy.

I work with software development and in my experience such a slider would make the game hard to grasp. You will never be sure how your current game will be like. And that is really bad.

The slider was for private matches only. Not public. The average player would get a happy medium and absolutely know what to expect.

The hardcore private players would know to expect three outcomes. Long grab, short grab, or most likely medium grab. I should not have used the term slider, sorry about that. I meant a 3 options essentially.

Many successful games have general settings for public games and more customized versions for private ones. This would be no different. And I never claimed it was a good idea (I am open to your professional opinion that it would not work), but it is far from "terrible". We need to encourage constructive discussion about improving the game, not writing off ideas completely  as "terrible" just because they are flawed.

15 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

The slider was for private matches only. Not public. The average player would get a happy medium and absolutely know what to expect.

The hardcore private players would know to expect three outcomes. Long grab, short grab, or most likely medium grab. I should not have used the term slider, sorry about that. I meant a 3 options essentially.

Many successful games have general settings for public games and more customized versions for private ones. This would be no different. And I never claimed it was a good idea (I am open to your professional opinion that it would not work), but it is far from "terrible". We need to encourage constructive discussion about improving the game, not writing off ideas completely  as "terrible" just because they are flawed.

I understand you, for privat only.

Still a bad decision in my opinion as a software developer.

I think the developers should make the game with the balance they want. They sees things we cannot.

28 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

I think the developers should make the game with the balance they want. They sees things we cannot.

And we see things they do not, even when explained to them. It is abundantly clear to me now that they don't have a firm grasp of the current gameplay and what is actually important to the community / playerbase.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

And we see things they do not, even when explained to them. It is abundantly clear to me now that they don't have a firm grasp of the current gameplay and what is actually important to the community / playerbase.

Absolutely, I totally agree.

But the solution is not to make everything configurable by the players. 

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Lmao

This is a shining example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

His name is Freddy Krueger, stupid. Dunning? Hahaha!

I see what you did there... 

On a topic-related note, I've noticed that every time someone complains about how Jason is supposedly an easily trolled pinata who gets danced all over, and I mention how I play dozens of matches a day and regularly get 6/8 or more as Jason, even with the nerfed grab range and alleged counselor buffs, it's only because I was in a lobby full of n00bs...

Which is it? You can't have it both ways, kids. 

If people aren't playing the way you want them to, then find a group to join. If you find Jason too easy to escape from now, it's probably because of the influx of new players getting adjusted to Jason's controls and abilities. And since there are so many new players in addition to those who've had the game since launch, they have less opportunities to play as Jason than we did, so it's taking them longer to become acclimated. 

This recent false narrative being pushed by some that "no one wants to be Jason anymore" is just complete horsecrap. I want to be Jason. I enjoy being Jason. I have a lot of fun being Jason. If you don't, I'm not really sure what to tell you, other than try to hone your skills when offline mode drops. 

Just now, Brevator said:

On a topic-related note, I've noticed that every time someone complains about how Jason is supposedly an easily trolled pinata who gets danced all over, and I mention how I play dozens of matches a day and regularly get 6/8 or more as Jason, even with the nerfed grab range and alleged counselor buffs, it's only because I was in a lobby full of n00bs...

Which is it? You can't have it both ways, kids. 

If people aren't playing the way you want them to, then find a group to join. If you find Jason too easy to escape from now, it's probably because of the influx of new players getting adjusted to Jason's controls and abilities. And since there are so many new players in addition to those who've had the game since launch, they have less opportunities to play as Jason than we did, so it's taking them longer to become acclimated. 

This recent false narrative being pushed by some that "no one wants to be Jason anymore" is just complete horsecrap. I want to be Jason. I enjoy being Jason. I have a lot of fun being Jason. If you don't, I'm not really sure what to tell you, other than try to hone your skills when offline mode drops. 

Jason works fine :D I notice all these people complaining about how wrecked he is...I can still play him like a boss! If you know what your doing it is really easy, I actually enjoy it