ZooMalfunction

Had some matches last night for the first time in a month

14 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read. Literally every multiplayer game I own, I play with friends, and those friends have other friends they play with, and so on and so forth. Are we in the minority? No, we are the majority.

Dead by daylight never used to have a 'play with friends' option before, if you wanted to play with people you already knew, you had to keep on dodging lobbies till you recognised eachother lmao. 

Private isn't the majority, trust me. I play with friends and we all play quickplay because at most there's 6 of us, not 8. You're forgetting about timezones, too.

@Tommy86 - You seem to have genuine difficulty understanding that neither your tastes nor experiences are universal.

Here's some surprising stats from the PS4 version for you:

20% have never finished a match as Jason.

50% haven't killed more than 13 counselors.

55% have never driven the car out.

77% have never driven the boat out.

I think I did all 4 in my first day or two.

Like it or not, most people are not deeply enfranchised in videogames like we are, and do not play regularly or in groups. They hit QP solo for an hour or two each week to pass the time, and only stay for a month or so. These people make up the vast majority of every playerbase until it inevitably dwindles to just the hardcore.

Just because you can't understand it, doesn't mean it isn't true. You are in no way the majority in anything other than games that are virtually dead.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

I wish the game was actually somewhat eerie.

I feel the same way. Things could be more terrifying.

18 hours ago, Jawbone said:

If you put people who have been playing the game for half a year against someone who might have only picked it up a few days ago on sale then the veteran clearly has the advantage over the new player in both knowledge and game skill.

This holds true the majority of the time. I see the occasional exception.

18 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

The root of the problem@Jawbone is still the complete lack of in-game guidance and knowledge for new players, because without it, they don't know what they did wrong or how they can improve next time.

Veterans should be open to giving a couple pointers to newbies, if you want the player base to continue growing. Otherwise, veterans will play with other veterans, and adapt to their skills, and possibly become bored over time.

28 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

20% have never finished a match as Jason.

50% haven't killed more than 13 counselors.

55% have never driven the car out.

77% have never driven the boat out.

Out of curiosity, where are you pulling your stats from?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Out of curiosity, where are you pulling your stats from?

PS4's achievements. They tell you what percentage of players have hit them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ZooMalfunction said:

PS4's achievements. They tell you what percentage of players have hit them.

Ahhhhh, very useful information indeed. Thanks.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@Tommy86 - You seem to have genuine difficulty understanding that neither your tastes nor experiences are universal.

20% have never......

You should work in politics. You're a natural with propaganda.

You're still needlessly overreacting and grandstanding. 

And like a politician you change your tune to fit your agenda. You kept saying how items on the map are turning QP lobbies into private matches, but then when Alkavain said no one does shit in QP, regardless of the items on the map, you agreed and twisted up some theory to make it fit. Stop it already, ok? It's embarrassing.

If you made good points, maybe you'd be worth listening to. Everything you say is covered a whole lot better in the bugs and glitches thread.  

I can't tell if you have passion for this game or you use this forum to practice for your job. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Private isn't the majority, trust me. I play with friends and we all play quickplay because at most there's 6 of us, not 8. You're forgetting about timezones, too.

I've already explained it multiple times when people incorrectly assumed I play PM, so I will just paste this from the previous post - I don't play PM with my group, I party up with them and join/host QP lobbies. Even with just a few friends it makes the experience far more enjoyable.

3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You seem to have genuine difficulty understanding that neither your tastes nor experiences are universal.

Pot calling the kettle black. Let's take a look at some of the things you've said -

7 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The issue now is that QP has essentially become Private due to marking, and it's killing the game. They've changed the mode that 99% of people played to appease the 1%

They made a indie game, got a taste of unexpected success, then got greedy and hastily tried to retool it clunkily into a faster-paced e-sport IMO, and completely misjudged their audience along the way.

19 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Also, Jason is not easier to deal with due to "accumulating bugs". That's absurd. He's easier because his grab's been ruined and counselors always know where everything is. Everyone knows it.

What these quotes all have in common are wild exaggerations, and false statistics to back up your baseless assumptions. "99% of people", "Everyone knows it", "e-sports". So because Jason's grab was nerfed, and because item marking was introduced, suddenly the game is e-sports? And everyone is pro level having perfect knowledge of everything in a match? This is some next level BS.

At this point I'm not even inclined to keep replying, but just this once, I will make the effort to provide you with the far more plausible explanation. Then I'm calling it quits on this discussion -

The game has always been bad at showing new players the ropes. Now history is simply repeating itself with the influx of new players from physical release. Whereas before new players were typically hiding or crouch walking in the woods the whole match, they can now jump on YouTube / Twitch, check out videos in the last 6 months of the game and watch Jason getting abused. Monkey see monkey do, but does not understand. Does not learn the game, still dies anyway.

Jason is weaker now than he was back then, for various reasons, but then he was always weak to begin with against good teams and all the information and evidence exists to back that up. On the counselor side, there is still a lack of coordination despite item marking. There is still a lack of knowledge, and a lack of skill. On the Jason side, new players likewise lack an understanding of abilities, mechanics and strategy and are taken advantage of. Older players may have a firm grasp of these things, but are ultimately subjected to more bugs and design flaws in Jason's gameplay than at any other point in the game's history.

Lastly, what I said in regards to people playing with their friends being the majority. Let me clear that up in case it wasn't obvious. We are talking in the context of people who play this game on a regular basis, and in general multiplayer games they have invested time into. Given the opportunity, I believe majority of people would prefer to play with friends and do so if they are able to either make some online or play with existing ones. It's a social thing, and a very easy thing to understand. But not for you. 

And after all your long-winded posts, and clutching at straws by posting statistics to back up your misguided arguments which seem to change direction at a moment's notice, it all boils down to this -

I want to feel like a scared teenager in the woods without a plan.

Now I'm done here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's an example of how nerfed the game is right now: As Part 6 Jason, I had gotten friendly with another player who ended up as Tommy Jarvis and the last surviving counselor. We decided to have some fun and fight it out, man-to-man. We both went into combat stance and took turns with our melee attacks. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS ATTACKS HIT AND KNOCKED ME OVER, and EVERY ONE OF MY ATTACKS MISSED. My spear was going right through him without registering a hit...even HE was like, "What the hell? How are you missing me? This game is messed up."

Aside from that guy (who was actually very nice and a solid player), the recent Steam sale has ushered in a new batch of players on PC which is nice, but some of them are just plain obnoxious. Like the Spanish guy who only said "Jason eees gay. Jason eees gay" over and over, every single match. When I was Jason, I ripped his jaw off. So satisfying.

That said, I am slowly coming to grips in terms of compensating for Jason's nerfs, but they really have to adjust his grab and the hit detection for his melee attacks. That's a must.

After taking some time off, a friend and I played a few games over the weekend and it was miserable. I was Jason twice and one match and couldn't use my weapon until someone hit me. The second time people got stuck in the boat and I couldn't flip it. Two of the many reasons I quit playing in the first place. I gotta clear some room on the PS4. Seriously debating on just dumping this bullshit game for good.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:17 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

...and everyone was terrible. I've never seen counselors worse in my entire 6 months with the game. Even considering we visited about 6 different lobbies, plus the regular lobby churn.

I had Jason as my preference, and got him every 3rd or 4th match, which makes me believe almost nobody wants to play as him anymore. Even with the Jason nerf, I killed everyone each match simply by virtue of how overconfident and incompetent counselors are these days. I regularly had people squaring up against me in the open without backup rather than retreating.  Nobody had any fear at all. AJs were trying to rush me with machettes.

As Jason is so poor these days, it seems like the skill of the average counselor has dropped to match, as there's no challenge for them to use to improve. And on the rare occasion they encounter a 101 Jason who honed their skills pre-patch, they just get annihilated, because they're so used to using him as a punching bag that they have no idea of what to do when one fights back intelligently. Most matches, the counselors tried killing me as a matter of routine, and failed spectacularly. Killing Jason now seems like as normal an objective as fixing up the car. He's now the victim, and they're the hunters, which is ridiculous.

Likewise, in every counselor match I was in, we easily killed Jason. I actually felt sorry for him. He takes such a beating, his mask falls off as a matter of course most matches. As nobody wants to play as him, I get the impression most current players have very little experience with him as they set their preference as counselor. As a result, this just creates a cycle that dumbs the game down into nothingness. Where as with a fearsome Jason, everyone was forced to raise their game. With a joke of a Jason that has no room to learn, everyone's skills erode. How is he supposed have space to learn and get better when he has to fight a 8 v1 against coordinated humans and defend 3 objectives simultaneously, and defend against getting killed, when he can't even grab people in front of him?

Randy tried to make out in his streams that the counselors have improved, and this is just a natural evolution of the game. I call bullshit on that. The last time I saw counselors this bad at the game was in the first few weeks. The counselors have gotten much worse. It's just Jason is in such a sorry state, that even with all that they seem better in comparison. And these weren't players in the first 10 levels, but mid 30s on average, which suggests people who bought the retail version or got it for Halloween. This is all they've ever known. All the 'improved' counselors seem to have abandoned the game entirely, other than the occasional curious 101 who's essentially just farming easy kills for achievements.

I'm shocked at how badly the game has regressed. Not just in terms of balance and atmosphere, but player ability in general. And the only people to blame are the developers.

This sums up the state of things perfectly. Anyone who defends this new patch most likely want the game to fail or doesn't know how to engage a wide audience with taste that differ from their own.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:41 PM, R.J MacReady said:

The tension when encountering Jason....Even a half decent one.....probably meant death

Where I have the keys to the car and it has a battery but no gas and my teammates are dropping like flies because Jason isn't a bitch like he currently is.

That tension, where Jason and thus the game are actually scary and thrilling to play.

IDK where you get this idea that the tension dies once you get experience with the game? I'm lvl 101 and have been since around late June and was still immersed within the game right up until the Oct 11 patch where the tension died.

That guy you replied to is full of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fooobar said:

Players today are REALLY bad. They do no objectives at all.

I'm guessing because a majority of the 'veteran' players have stopped playing. I used to play pretty much on the daily since the launch, now I haven't played much since I joined the forums.

The constant changes and lack of communication have really worn my patience thin, and to think I used to be one of THOSE people that diehard defended the devs. 

The game has turned into a big joke/troll fest for those who aren't brand new and actually want to play.

That's pretty much it. Jason is too weak, Counselors who have a shred of knowledge either steam roll or just troll Jason to waste time because hey...pocket knives, bugs and nerfs make them feel invincible, so why sweat it?

Random scenario from today. Keep in mind, I play a relaxed Jason. There is only one objective I constantly push and its the phone.

1. I have my preference set to Jason, I play random counselor/Jason

2. I got Part 7

3. Two traps on the shack since trying to kill Jason seems to be a lot more popular

4. The remaining trap on the nearest window towards the phone, not the phone itself, so when they predictably go for the window nearest the phone, its a quick stop

5. No boat, just the two cars

6. They get the 4 seater going, they get near the exit, but they realize I haven't bothered to push the car once

7. All 4 counselors don't bother escaping, instead 2 of them try to push the phone with me camping it, one of them had the fuse, so of course if they bothered to escape, it would've been on the top of the shore line, point being, he was going to hold onto it regardless

8. Eventually they run out of pocket knives, they had 2 each, of course thick skin, medic, etc

9. One of them disconnects when I grab them, the other one disconnects when I fake shift them and they run right into my shift because as we know...you have to be right on top of the counselor to actually grab them now...I grab him, he quickly disconnects...this was after he was flashlight trolling...I guess mommy and daddy couldn't pay for the dance emotes

10. Before those 2, I had already killed 2, so now were down to 4

11. The other 2 go and help get the 2 seater going

12. I finally decide to morph over to the 2 seater, they basically blew 2 shotguns, melees, etc and I basically just stood in front of the car door so they couldn't get inside. I decide to start slashing one of them of course they had a brain cell and ducked, so my machete wouldn't hit them. I grab kill that one who quickly disconnects. The other was an AJ would tried to run away but luckily, I had one knife left and killed her off from far away. The remaining Tommy and AJ barely get away.

Point being...it was a mix of newbs and seasoned trolls. Its a big mess, I still cleaned up with only caring about one objective but still...

1. 2 med uses

2. Plethora of pocket knives

3. Random first aid that can spawn

4. Thick skin

5. Not many throwing knives on the maps

6. Bugs

7. Nerfs

The game is basically Part 9 Jason stuck in the opening minutes where the FBI blow him away constantly. That's what the game is. Sure, you have might fun from time to time, but its a mess.

At this point, depending on how well offline bots/singleplayer challenges turn out. If that pans out ok, I might just abandon the multiplayer game all together and I think others will probably consider doing something similar, or just all together. Paranoia might have a small audience too, but since the killer isn't Jason, I doubt that sticks either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I might just abandon the multiplayer game all together and I think others will probably consider doing something similar, or just all together. Paranoia might have a small audience too, but since the killer isn't Jason, I doubt that sticks either.

All of my friends have already abandoned this game. It's a chore to recruit for matches,to the point where I've just given up. I feel like I'm bothering them at this point. Paranoia was revealed WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too soon,especially if you factor in the whole blue dots garbage.

If/when paranoia finally releases,I'm sure it will be a nice weekend where everyone comes back to the game. But that will be it,a weekend. After that,things will go back to the way they are now.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

All of my friends have already abandoned this game. It's a chore to recruit for matches,to the point where I've just given up. I feel like I'm bothering them at this point. Paranoia was revealed WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too soon,especially if you factor in the whole blue dots garbage.

If/when paranoia finally releases,I'm sure it will be a nice weekend where everyone comes back to the game. But that will be it,a weekend. After that,things will go back to the way they are now.

Hey I haven’t abandoned you lol(I did last night because the dogs were going apeshit).  But yeah past few times my friends list has shown me that no one has been playing.  

5 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Hey I haven’t abandoned you lol(I did last night because the dogs were going apeshit).  But yeah past few times my friends list has shown me that no one has been playing.  

We're the last of the original campers :(

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Alcanx said:

I'm guessing because a majority of the 'veteran' players have stopped playing. I used to play pretty much on the daily since the launch, now I haven't played much since I joined the forums.

The constant changes and lack of communication have really worn my patience thin, and to think I used to be one of THOSE people that diehard defended the devs. 

I think they should think about doing match making based on rank/skill.

16 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

i agree. they teased paranoia, release a trailer devoid of any real information and then... BAM! a month and a half later and radio silence. no attempts being made to even try and keep players' on the hook. 

with so many games out there, and with gif-length attention spans people are just going to move on. speculating got old after a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fathom said:

I wish they would focus on fixing the bugs first.

They are...The support from all of us, has gotten them to start working on these things. They might not be perfect but Gun & Illfonic are working hard to get everything including patches and updates out to the players. Be patient!

29 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i agree. they teased paranoia, release a trailer devoid of any real information and then... BAM! a month and a half later and radio silence. no attempts being made to even try and keep players' on the hook. 

with so many games out there, and with gif-length attention spans people are just going to move on. speculating got old after a couple of weeks. 

Have you noticed that they are wonderful with surprises. Its also on the DLC road-map. So saying that they are staying quiet and not releasing it is because its coming "after" the snowflake; not before.

6 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Have you noticed that they are wonderful with surprises. Its also on the DLC road-map. So saying that they are staying quiet and not releasing it is because its coming "after" the snowflake; not before.

all i said was that i agreed that they teased it too soon. if you're going to tease a release that early, it's smart to release new teasers as time goes on. it's how you keep people interested. 

I'm a musician. have been for many years. I've released lots and lots of albums and am not unknowledgeable when it comes to promoting things. it doesn't irritate me they dumped the trailer and then failed to keep the excitement going, i just think it's kind of a silly move, especially given all the other stuff going on with the game. pumping up paranoia would be a great way to distract from the issues with servers and gameplay while simultaneously getting people excited about their game. what do i know, though? 

I'd just like to come here and be able to talk about the game instead of talking about all the things that make it frustrating for everyone. 

6 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Be patient!

They have been teasing paranoia since August 11th. 

I know your new,but the whole "have patience" thing died out a few months ago,when even the most diehard preachers of patience just gave up.

;)

22 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

They have been teasing paranoia since August 11th. 

I know your new,but the whole "have patience" thing died out a few months ago,when even the most diehard preachers of patience just gave up.

;)

You can not tell me I am new, when I have been playing the game since July. I was on the forums before starting a new account. The game development crew for F13 is small and they have alot of things to get out to us in December and it takes time.