MichaelMemers

What would you like for the next kill pack DLC?

I doubt the Part 4 kill pack DLC is the only one we're going to get. Which Jason would you like to see get more kills next? I'd like Part 3 to get some because I feel he has the weakest kills in the game.

Part 6 or 7 would be at the top of my list.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Part 6 or 7 would be at the top of my list.

I'm pretty happy with Part 6's kills, and the problem with part 7 is that he's trash so no one would play him. Most people wouldn't even bother to buy the DLC.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm pretty happy with Part 6's kills, and the problem with part 7 is that he's trash so no one would play him. Most people wouldn't even bother to buy the DLC.

I'm looking purely at the weapon aesthetic. The machete is iconic. Part 6 is the only readily available Jason that has a reach weapon. ? 

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I'm looking purely at the weapon aesthetic. The machete is iconic. Part 6 is the only readily available Jason that has a reach weapon. ? 

The only kills I can think of for Part 6 would be something where he uses the spear to pin them and then kills them without the weapon itself, and one where he kicks them away like Part 8's axe throw, but the spear impales them, either through the chest or through the head like what happens to Chad in the DLC trailer from months ago.

Doesn't matter.  I'm no longer supporting this game until they prove they can actually make it a Friday the 13th game.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Doesn't matter.  I'm no longer supporting this game until they prove they can actually make it a Friday the 13th game.  

This game is "Friday the 13th game" That's the name isn't it? Give them time, there are problems that need fixed but it takes hope to get there, and you have none of that. You can't get anywhere just trash talking the game! They are always adding new features and open to new ideas. Send them your ideas, let them know you want the game to be #GreatAgain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I doubt the Part 4 kill pack DLC is the only one we're going to get. Which Jason would you like to see get more kills next? I'd like Part 3 to get some because I feel he has the weakest kills in the game.

A savini kill pack but they would most likely not do that because the others would have the savini kill pack and they don’t have savini 

Just now, Moe9999633 said:

A savini kill pack but they would most likely not do that because the others would have the savini kill pack and they don’t have savini 

I imagine they could make it so you can't purchase it unless you already have Savini tied to your account, but more importantly there's far less money in a Savini kill pack so it would be the last thing on the list.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

I imagine they could make it so you can't purchase it unless you already have Savini tied to your account, but more importantly there's far less money in a Savini kill pack so it would be the last thing on the list.

Maybe they would do that

a comical kill pack that any Jason could use. I want to see Jason do a Mortal Kombat Uppercut that'll either knock off a counselor's head or send their body flying 10 stories over the map. Imagine running around and your counselor gets scared cause a flying corpse is landing their way.

we got a part 4 pack which is known as the best Friday the 13th movie so the second best Friday the 13th movie was part 6 so that would actually be a smart move since its either everyones second or most favorite one

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

This game is "Friday the 13th game" That's the name isn't it? Give them time, there are problems that need fixed but it takes hope to get there, and you have none of that. You can't get anywhere just trash talking the game! They are always adding new features and open to new ideas. Send them your ideas, let them know you want the game to be #GreatAgain.

No, I will not "give them time".   Yes, this game has the Friday name attached to it, but that's really as far as it goes.  It has been 6 months and each patch is a newer, more dumbed down version of the game.  I have added my suggestions in the correct subforum, however, when was the last time anyone from gun or Ill has acknowledged them and said "hey, that's a great idea" or "no, that won't work, here is why".   So, no.  Jason isn't scary and more often than not is hunted.  New kills packs aren't the answer.  New clothes aren't the answer.  New emotes aren't the answer.  No one knows for sure what they are considering a bug and what they consider balance, because.... they don't communicate anymore.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

He's not trash talking, this was F13 the game at the beggining, when you if you know what were you doing you won't came near Jason unless it was necessary. Now we have a game where you can run to Jason, evade a grab right next to him, stun him and dance with silly dances is not a F13 experience, if they make Jason a force that you need to stay away then we can talk. And pls, don't give the argument of "you can kill everyone with Jason" because that's exactly his job, not because of that means he is the power house he was.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I’ve been critical but it’s time to chill.  They told us they can’t talk about server status due to nda’s - that’s fair and ample reason to trust they are still working on them.  They all but promised lots of more content soon and sp seems around the corner.  And they acknowledged the grab concerns.  Altogether, more than enough reason to cut some slack and avoid the hyperbole and silly claims suggesting this isn’t already  the best Friday 13 game in history.

as for the topic, a little part 9 love would be cool too.  But part 6 should be next.  Like someone else said, second best movie behind 4.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

No, I will not "give them time".   Yes, this game has the Friday name attached to it, but that's really as far as it goes.  It has been 6 months and each patch is a newer, more dumbed down version of the game.  I have added my suggestions in the correct subforum, however, when was the last time anyone from gun or Ill has acknowledged them and said "hey, that's a great idea" or "no, that won't work, here is why".   So, no.  Jason isn't scary and more often than not is hunted.  New kills packs aren't the answer.  New clothes aren't the answer.  New emotes aren't the answer.  No one knows for sure what they are considering a bug and what they consider balance, because.... they don't communicate anymore.  

I don't know about you, but I still feel that Jason is more dangerous than he used to be. I remember when my Thick Skinned gave me a 45% damage decrease so it took 16 hits for the average Jason to slash me to death, and I could step in 3 traps as Chad or Vanessa without dying. The third would get me limping. Sure the balance is worse than it was when they added Part 4, but things can roll back.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I don't know about you, but I still feel that Jason is more dangerous than he used to be. I remember when my Thick Skinned gave me a 45% damage decrease so it took 16 hits for the average Jason to slash me to death, and I could step in 3 traps as Chad or Vanessa without dying. The third would get me limping. Sure the balance is worse than it was when they added Part 4, but things can roll back.

I don't feel he is real dangerous at all unless he tunnels you which is a valid strategy right now.  

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I don't feel he is real dangerous at all unless he tunnels you which is a valid strategy right now.  

Tunneling was always a valid strategy depending on where you are. If you're trying to evade Jason near a car or phone there's no reason for him to not chase you until he kills you because he's protecting an objective at the same time. The only reason to stop chasing someone is if they lead Jason to an area with no objectives nearby, and even then if traps are all still in place there's no reason for him to stop until they are triggered. That's why it's Vanessa's job to go around deliberately stepping in all of Jason's traps as early as possible. This job is even more important than dragging key items to objectives, because anyone can do that.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

The only kills I can think of for Part 6 would be something where he uses the spear to pin them and then kills them without the weapon itself, and one where he kicks them away like Part 8's axe throw, but the spear impales them, either through the chest or through the head like what happens to Chad in the DLC trailer from months ago.

The spear lift and toss was in one of the mocap clips. Same kill from the movie. Can't wait to see it in game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Opps. You're in the wrong thread. You should've posted that here.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Part 3 has got the best camera angles for his kills. 

Part 7 already has some of the best kills overall. 

I can't think of anything more I'd want out of Part 8.

2, 6, and 9 could use more quicker kills. 

8 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Opps. You're in the wrong thread. You should've posted that here.

Part 3 has got the best camera angles for his kills. 

Part 7 already has some of the best kills overall. 

I can't think of anything more I'd want out of Part 8.

2, 6, and 9 could use more quicker kills. 

2 of part 6's kills are very long, but the other is short. I've never felt that part 2 or part 9 had very long kills outside of part 9's How to Peel a Coconut.

5 hours ago, Shaild said:

He's not trash talking, this was F13 the game at the beggining, when you if you know what were you doing you won't came near Jason unless it was necessary. Now we have a game where you can run to Jason, evade a grab right next to him, stun him and dance with silly dances is not a F13 experience, if they make Jason a force that you need to stay away then we can talk. And pls, don't give the argument of "you can kill everyone with Jason" because that's exactly his job, not because of that means he is the power house he was.

The players who truly knew what they were doing at the beginning, and knew how to take advantage of Jason's weaknesses, played the game just as it is commonly played now 6 months later. They were simply ahead of the curve, and realised early on that if counselors adopted an aggressive playstyle with a heavy focus on combat and coordination, they could not be stopped. 

Jason has always been a weakling. You only need to check out players like Pappus Gaming to be convinced. You can go back to videos all the way from June, and for all the naysayers that was even before he started using exploits. But back then the majority did not know how to play at all, and spent all their time avoiding and hiding from Jason with a heavy focus on Stealth to get things done. I'll be honest, I was one of them. That's why it seemed like Jason was stronger, but he really wasn't. All the information to be a high level counselor already existed, especially from players like Rydog but most people were too stubborn and misguided to accept it or even understand it. I still remember the arguments on here about it.

The only thing that was ever OP about Jason was his Darth Vader grab, particularly when paired with Shift. It allowed even a relatively new Jason to wipe a lobby at the beginning, even despite a limited understanding of the gameplay since most counselors had not learned Shift defense tactics yet. Fast forward to now. Much of the core playerbase have finally caught up, and understand the many design flaws Jason has which can be taken advantage of. When you also factor in the large accumulation of bugs in his gameplay, and all the Jason players who heavily relied on force-pull Grabs now constantly clutching at air due to the nerf, then it's no wonder he looks like a total joke against any competent team.

For Jason to be a real threat, against teams who largely know what they are actually doing now as counselors, it would take more work than merely adjusting a few mechanics. For one, combat certainly needs to be redesigned.

EDIT: Something on topic. Next kill pack DLC should be for Part 7. Just so Gun have their hands full with complaints about how useless Part 7 is when many players won't often get the chance to use the kills they paid for. Maybe then they will be more motivated to bring J7 up to speed with the rest of the Jasons.

• Like 2