Gooby

So what's Jason's official canon height?

Obviously the height changes between actors, footwear and such, but let's not talk about the real life aspect, but instead the canon or ''lore'' side of Jason Voorhees. In-game he seems to be around 6'8'' to 7ft which in my opinion is a very good height for him to be visually intimidating, but has there ever been an official statement to Jason's height?

My opinion of Jason's canon height is about 6'4'' to 6'8'' in the movies, obviously varying, and the game version standing at the aforementioned numbers.

Seemed like he was only five foot something in Part 2, and had a major growth spurt by the time Part 3 started. The Part 2 Jason looks ridiculous in-game, mainly because he's way too tall.

Your overall opinion there I'd believe is spot on.

Jason doesn't stay the same age...he gets bigger. In Part 8 and 9 I feel like he's massive. But in Part 3 & 4 hes still large but not "as" large.

4 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

Seemed like he was only five foot something in Part 2, and had a major growth spurt by the time Part 3 started. The Part 2 Jason looks ridiculous in-game, mainly because he's way too tall.

Your overall opinion there I'd believe is spot on.

I feel that way too, Part 2 just isn't like he is in the Movie.

Averaging out the actors that portrayed him, I'd say he is between 6'3" and 6'5". The range has been quite inconsistent in the movies. He is a tad tall in the game, but I think that is to make him imposing and a bit scarier. It also lines up more with later portrayals from FvJ and the reboot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/12/2017 at 5:33 AM, Alkavian said:

Averaging out the actors that portrayed him, I'd say he is between 6'3" and 6'5". The range has been quite inconsistent in the movies. He is a tad tall in the game, but I think that is to make him imposing and a bit scarier. It also lines up more with later portrayals from FvJ and the reboot.

Most likely not because I’m 5.7 and I don’t look close go as Jason’s height 

imo he looks 7.5

Kane Hodder was 6'3", with boots probably an inch or two more so I think @Alkavian nailed it. Basically anywhere from about 6' to 6'5".

The remake is another story, as well as Freddy vs. Jason. Both went for height for some reason. FvJ Jason has Frankenstein's Monster's clogs and the remake has him looking like a pro wrestler, similar to the remake of Halloween (who's actor is an ex-pro wrestler).

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Kane Hodder was 6'3", with boots probably an inch or two more so I think @Alkavian nailed it. Basically anywhere from about 6' to 6'5".

The remake is another story, as well as Freddy vs. Jason. Both went for height for some reason. FvJ Jason has Frankenstein's Monster's clogs and the remake has him looking like a pro wrestler, similar to the remake of Halloween (who's actor is an ex-pro wrestler).

I always thought Kane was shorter.  Didn't they sling the camera low in his scenes to make him look taller, especially in part 7?

34 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

I always thought Kane was shorter.  Didn't they sling the camera low in his scenes to make him look taller, especially in part 7?

They do that with most horror villains to make them look imposing. I remembered reading he was 6'3'' when I was younger but that may be with the boots on. I could be wrong too. He's likely lost an inch or two as well with age, as most people do.

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'd say 6'3 to 6'5... But he feels 4'3 since the latest patch. 

Hahahah! Since the patch i've seen Jason literally running away from counselors and begging on mic to spare him from a brutal gang beatdown.

10 minutes ago, Gooby said:

Hahahah! Since the patch i've seen Jason literally running away from counselors and begging on mic to spare him from a brutal gang beatdown.

Counselor Bullies: The Game.

Developers are going to integrate a fear system for Jason. Gain XP to unlock more hurtful words to shout at Jason to raise his fear level while you're dancing under the moonlight dressed as a Fairy and Pink Cop. Catapult and pea shooter are also rumoured to be new weapons to taunt and antagonise Jason with.

The game is turning into a semi-open world version of "Whack-a-Mole" with Jason as the Mole let loose around Camp for players to chase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Counselor Bullies: The Game.

Developers are going to integrate a fear system for Jason. Gain XP to unlock more hurtful words to shout at Jason to raise his fear level while you're dancing under the moonlight dressed as a Fairy and Pink Cop. Catapult and pea shooter are also rumoured to be new weapons to taunt and antagonise Jason with.

The game is turning into a semi-open world version of "Whack-a-Mole" with Jason as the Mole let loose around Camp for players to chase. 

Leave him alone. He's suffered enough beatings from those evil teenage brats.

sparemepls.png

Just now, Gooby said:

Leave him alone. He's suffered enough beatings from those evil teenage brats.

sparemepls.png

You're DEFINITELY not going to like the special counselor abilities to push Jason into a puddle and steal his homework from the shack then! 

Part 2 was the shortest of all the Jasons, I'd say all the heights listed above should be about right. In game he is tall, but hearing a child whining through their mic as they're using him makes the fear factor really take a nosedive.

If they make Jason really tiny, he can hit crouching counselors as well as the standing ones.