VexxeV

Can't hear players voice chat on PC

Hi all,

can't hear any player talking but when I talk they can hear me. I tried reinstalling, verifying cache, all my windows sound settings are fine and steam sound settings are fine. Tried it with 3 different audio outputs one at a time. Weird because I can hear game sound just not players voices. Google has nothing on it so hopefully someone here can help:)

Had this issue since getting the game

19 hours ago, VexxeV said:

Hi all,

can't hear any player talking but when I talk they can hear me. I tried reinstalling, verifying cache, all my windows sound settings are fine and steam sound settings are fine. Tried it with 3 different audio outputs one at a time. Weird because I can hear game sound just not players voices. Google has nothing on it so hopefully someone here can help:)

Had this issue since getting the game

Welcome to the forums, please take a moment to introduce yourself when you can.

Onto your question..

1) is your headset a usb plugged into the PC or are you using the old 3.5mm style headset?

41 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Welcome to the forums, please take a moment to introduce yourself when you can.

Onto your question..

1) is your headset a usb plugged into the PC or are you using the old 3.5mm style headset?

Hi,

Thanks, I'll make sure I do :) I'm using a usb headset with a blue snowball mic

3 minutes ago, VexxeV said:

Hi,

Thanks, I'll make sure I do :) I'm using a usb headset with a blue snowball mic

cool thanks for that info. so, if the mic is what I am thinking, its different (input) then the headset... correct?

If so sometimes the PC will see those as two different inputs with similar names.. like "USB CODEC" or whatever.. look at exactly is showing up under the options in steam, for output.. maybe try them all.. list them and maybe we can look at it.

2 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

cool thanks for that info. so, if the mic is what I am thinking, its different (input) then the headset... correct?

If so sometimes the PC will see those as two different inputs with similar names.. like "USB CODEC" or whatever.. look at exactly is showing up under the options in steam, for output.. maybe try them all.. list them and maybe we can look at it.

Indeed it is.

Yeah it does steam is set to the snowball as my headset doesn't have a mic. Players can hear me just can't hear them.

I'll post an image of my sound settings when I'm home from work. everything is disabled but the mic and the headset of the top of my head

1 minute ago, VexxeV said:

Indeed it is.

Yeah it does steam is set to the snowball as my headset doesn't have a mic. Players can hear me just can't hear them.

I'll post an image of my sound settings when I'm home from work. everything is disabled but the mic and the headset of the top of my head

okay.

I have feeling the PC is seeing them as one input somehow.. we just need to break them apart.. I could be completely wrong. BUT hey I'm trying my friend :)

3 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

okay.

I have feeling the PC is seeing them as one input somehow.. we just need to break them apart.. I could be completely wrong. BUT hey I'm trying my friend :)

Haha yeah I'll check when I'm home. Thanks for helping:) literally can't find anyone with the same issue who has resolved it and f13 don't have official support :(

5 minutes ago, VexxeV said:

Haha yeah I'll check when I'm home. Thanks for helping:) literally can't find anyone with the same issue who has resolved it and f13 don't have official support :(

I didnt ask, but does this happen JUST in F13? how about steam games? cause if its others.. you can contact steam support for help too :)

10 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I didnt ask, but does this happen JUST in F13? how about steam games? cause if its others.. you can contact steam support for help too :)

Just f13 :/

I can speak and hear my friends in discord so I'm really confused why I just can't hear anyone :(

54 minutes ago, VexxeV said:

Just f13 :/

I can speak and hear my friends in discord so I'm really confused why I just can't hear anyone :(

wait. Okay.

So you use discord. people hear you, you can hear them.

are you using discord when playing the game at the same time?

if that's the case, I think that's where the problem is. both are fighting to use the inputs.

21 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

wait. Okay.

So you use discord. people hear you, you can hear them.

are you using discord when playing the game at the same time?

if that's the case, I think that's where the problem is. both are fighting to use the inputs.

Even when I play without my friends and have discord closed the same issue occurs :(

2 minutes ago, VexxeV said:

Even when I play without my friends and have discord closed the same issue occurs :(

Are you certain its closed? I've noticed that discord like to hang in the background when you close it and I've cursed it.. finding that out :)

1 minute ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Are you certain its closed? I've noticed that discord like to hang in the background when you close it and I've cursed it.. finding that out :)

Yeah I always make sure it's closed in the system tray ;/

my mic settings showing them all disabled - image.png.ff0aed9c32468b8b5449f5b1bbcb5f9c.png

and then the headset settings  - image.png.e800188c29d02bfbaec3286185d5d381.png

1 minute ago, Punisher_2099 said:

okay cool.. how about Steam itself.. what is defaulted in there?

I'm almost 90% sure its something to do with some game files somewhere that linger even after a reinstall as I get it with no other games  :(

image.thumb.png.284ac15f50a1dc307f36f4c152f4b591.png

16 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I haven't used steam in a minute.. so.. wasn't here an output as well.. make sure to check that

I don't think there is an output option on steam just receive volume :(which is maxed

I'd contact steam support.. I don';t think the game itself has options for audio and it falls under steam, though I HAVE seen certain games that do have options for audio, screw up what steam has listed.

Did this go anywhere? I literally just lost the ability to hear other players yesterday. Didn't change anything. 

It's a mixed blessing.