I'm lvl 101 and been playing for a few months, but ever since the trap nerf I can't put 2 traps on the phone without 1 being useless and not catching counselors when they are repairing the fuse box. 

Can someone take a picture of how they trap the phone?

I don't have a picture, but if you center up a trap as far against the phone fuse box as possible and then turn around. You should just have to take a slight step, and you can place another. I go with part 2 Jason so I normally put one on the box like I said, then turn around and put down two side by side directly behind them. And If you're really feeling mean you can look around for obvious entry points, like paths or windows they can go in. Then think "If I were those little shits how would I go for the box, or the phone inside?" Put down a trap where it will blend in, out of the light and in a random spot where they won't think to look. They'll curse you for it, and hopefully you catch one of them as they try to tank your traps and run away. Or even better if they pop them with their pocket knives then go for the phone.

1 minute ago, Redrum138 said:

I don't have a picture, but if you center up a trap as far against the phone fuse box as possible and then turn around. You should just have to take a slight step, and you can place another. I go with part 2 Jason so I normally put one on the box like I said, then turn around and put down two side by side directly behind them. And If you're really feeling mean you can look around for obvious entry points, like paths or windows they can go in. Then think "If I were those little shits how would I go for the box, or the phone inside?" Put down a trap where it will blend in, out of the light and in a random spot where they won't think to look. They'll curse you for it, and hopefully you catch one of them as they try to tank your traps and run away. Or even better if they pop them with their pocket knives then go for the phone.

OK thanks dude. I play Part VII, Part IV and IX with only 3 traps so I put 2 traps on phone and 1 on the 4 seater.

35 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

OK thanks dude. I play Part VII, Part IV and IX with only 3 traps so I put 2 traps on phone and 1 on the 4 seater.

That's good strategy for those Jason's, no doubt there. I do the same when I play a different Jason, just trap the battery on cars. Ya never know if the little nerds got the gas in till they start it up...

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

I've always thought that a trap as far against the fuse box as possible, wouldn't go off because it was too close. I've avoided a ton of phone box traps simply because they're too close to the box, and the animation doesn't pull you in far enough to trigger it. Was this changed with the trap placement nerf?

I personally love playing as Jason and have become pretty good at it. I usually place a trap by itself about a foot beyond the phone so when the player bends down to fix the phone, their back foot lands in the trap. Once they set the trap off I head over to the phone and place a trap in front of where I placed the other so when they bend down once more, their front foot goes right into it. Pretty easy to understand I hope, and it always has worked for me.

6 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I've always thought that a trap as far against the fuse box as possible, wouldn't go off because it was too close. I've avoided a ton of phone box traps simply because they're too close to the box, and the animation doesn't pull you in far enough to trigger it. Was this changed with the trap placement nerf?

It was not changed, you are correct. If you place the trap too close to the phone it will not go off.

The strategy that the op wants is to place the trap slightly in front of the phone where the counselor will be kneeling to make the repair and then another directly behind that. It takes a bit of practice but if you do it correctly most people will disarm the front one and try to repair the phone but when the animation finishes for some reason the counselors step back a foot and will land directly in the second trap.

As long as you conserve your morphs and regularly check the map nobody should ever be able to make a call.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It was not changed, you are correct. If you place the trap too close to the phone it will not go off.

The strategy that the op wants is to place the trap slightly in front of the phone where the counselor will be kneeling to make the repair and then another directly behind that. It takes a bit of practice but if you do it correctly most people will disarm the front one and try to repair the phone but when the animation finishes for some reason the counselors step back a foot and will land directly in the second trap.

As long as you conserve your morphs and regularly check the map nobody should ever be able to make a call.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that.

1 hour ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I was wrong, you were right. Now that i think about it the trap under the phone might not have sprung, didn't mean to spread false info. Sorry bout that.

I've tried putting two traps at the fuse box a few times and mess it up. I guess this is something you have to be picture perfect.

For the record, I just place one and come back to retrap it again if the first one gets triggered. You can only retrap it once though. After that your out of luck.

I've never really bothered with this. I prefer to just put one trap and check my map to see if it has been disarmed. If it is, I kill the person who did it and then plant another, and maybe another since then my map will be covered in the disarmed trap and it will hard to see the second one's status. If you plant all your traps at once it just makes it easier for them to tank them all before you can deal with them.

i place one on one side of the box and the other a bit closer, sometimes they can angle themselves in and avoid the trap, also the battery spots, never at cabins or doors unless i have enough traps like with pt2

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

:D gotta love the trap and timewasting.

I agree.. I would spend too much time trying to perfectly stack the traps and it still might not be triggered

I suggest using one and keep an eye on it in case someone disarms it

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I agree.. I would spend too much time trying to perfectly stack the traps and it still might not be triggered

I suggest using one and keep an eye on it in case someone disarms it

I spend 15 s trapping the phone.

The thing is not to place the traps so they all trigger. The thing is to place the trap so the counselors think they will all trigger.

17 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

I spend 15 s trapping the phone.

The thing is not to place the traps so they all trigger. The thing is to place the trap so the counselors think they will all trigger.

yea but obviously a good counselor will know...I've personally seen this and only set off one trap...it's harder to make it so both traps must be tanked to repair like before..

49 minutes ago, Aaron said:

yea but obviously a good counselor will know...I've personally seen this and only set off one trap...it's harder to make it so both traps must be tanked to repair like before..

Yea, I have played as a counselor so much I just know if the trap might just be out of range of the battery or gas, but for the phone its pretty hard to mess up placing a trap unless you waste 15 seconds on it. The first 5 minutes i plan my strategy, so placing on the right spot is key.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Yes, absolutely.

But the average counselor is really bad.

And, at least one of them will trigger. Probably two. The third sometimes is not trigger. But most counselors repair the fuse and is happy and back out into the trap anyway. At least they die.

53 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Yea, I have played as a counselor so much I just know if the trap might just be out of range of the battery or gas, but for the phone its pretty hard to mess up placing a trap unless you waste 15 seconds on it. The first 5 minutes i plan my strategy, so placing on the right spot is key.

Nah, I don't think so.

I get 8/8 most of the time. And nowadays even 16/8 sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Yes, absolutely.

But the average counselor is really bad.

And, at least one of them will trigger. Probably two. The third sometimes is not trigger. But most counselors repair the fuse and is happy and back out into the trap anyway. At least they die.

Nah, I don't think so.

I get 8/8 most of the time. And nowadays even 16/8 sometimes.

I do as well, lol. But some people have different strategies of playing Jason. Mine has always been planning and morphing to objectives within the first 5 minutes. If you go straight into killing counselors; good for you and good luck! But my strategy works all the time.

2 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I do as well, lol. But some people have different strategies of playing Jason. Mine has always been planning and morphing to objectives within the first 5 minutes. If you go straight into killing counselors; good for you and good luck! But my strategy works all the time.

Oh, I never kill counselors the first minute or two. I trap and destroys some doors. Start hunting somebody without shift is wasting my time.

Sometime I get an easy kill the first minute.

But, you can always pretend you gonna kille them and make them run and ruin their plan. And then just morph away.