Vortex

Please stop being dicks to New Players that get Jason...

2 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Actually if a teenager hit Jason with a baseball he'd tilt his head then kill them.

If a teen stabbed Jason with a pocket knife..he wouldn't just drop them.

Zombie Jason, yes. Human Jason was constantly getting knocked to the ground like a mook. And no Jason would stop a car like he does in the game. Even Part 8 gets knocked down by a car crashing into him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Actually if a teenager hit Jason with a baseball he'd tilt his head then kill them.

If a teen stabbed Jason with a pocket knife..he wouldn't just drop them.

Um.....good talk bro

Just now, mancavehawkeye said:

Um.....good talk bro

Just pointing out to the guy saying the cops would come in and start tracking Jason down, the logical conclusion of that line of thought.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Zombie Jason, yes. Human Jason was constantly getting knocked to the ground like a mook. And no Jason would stop a car like he does in the game. Even Part 8 gets knocked down by a car crashing into him.

The car thing does create an odd contrasting balance of Jason's strength and stability in the game. He can get hit full speed by a car and stop it on a dime, meanwhile a 2x4 being swung by a 140 lbs teenage girl can knock him down for 10 seconds... He's able to destroy a car engine with his bare hands, but a simple string of firecrackers stops him dead in his tracks... :huh:

• Like 2

Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

The car thing does create an odd imbalance of Jason's strength and stability. He can get hit full speed by a car and stop it on a dime, meanwhile a 2x4 being swung by a 140 lbs teenage girl can knock him down for 10 seconds... He's able to destroy a car engine with his bare hands, but a simple string of firecrackers stops him dead in his tracks... :huh:

Pyrophobia perhaps? LOL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Pyrophobia perhaps? LOL

Even the scariest of monsters have fears I suppose.

I've often thought that a more clever and sensible thing for the game to do is have Jason hang on the front of the car when he's hit. Then engage a quick time event, or some sort of button mini-game, where each successful button press by the Jason player has him climb up the car hood, progressively blocking more of the drivers view. Imagine the excitement as you watch from a first person view as Jason is slowly climbing up the car after you... :D After the third success, Jason grabs the driver and throws them out of the car or stabs them to kill them, whichever works better for game balancing. If Jason misses one or two of the button presses though, he falls off the car, giving the driver a few precious seconds to make it to the exit.

The only trick to that would be what to do if the car escapes while Jason is riding on top of it. I suppose the only thing to do would be to let Jason warp back onto to map wherever he wants, either that or automatically have the slide off the hood animation occur when they hit the escape point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Makes sense that the lone rural cop might gather everyone he can fit in the squad car and drive them to safety before backup arrives (Full Disclosure: I'm not well versed in '80s era first responder protocol).

Mostly in the first three they showed up in force in the morning, after the massacre. In the first movie a cop showed up on a bicycle, part 2 Jason killed a cop who showed up messing around. Part 3 I don't think the cops showed up till the end. And part 4 no cops till the end. I think if the cops were called they would send a deputy to "check it out." But would not show in force right away, thus it makes sense the deputy would grab and go.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Even the scariest of monsters have fears I suppose.

I've often thought that a more clever and sensible thing for the game to do is have Jason hang on the front of the car when he's hit. Then engage a quick time event, or some sort of button mini-game, where each successful button press by the Jason player has him climb up the car hood, progressively blocking more of the drivers view. Imagine the excitement as you watch from a first person view as Jason is slowly climbing up the car after you... :D After the third success, Jason grabs the driver and throws them out of the car or stabs them to kill them, whichever works better for game balancing. If Jason misses one or two of the button presses though, he falls off the car, giving the driver a few precious seconds to make it to the exit.

The only trick to that would be what to do if the car escapes while Jason is riding on top of it. I suppose the only thing to do would be to let Jason warp back onto to map wherever he wants, either that or automatically have the slide off the hood animation occur when they hit the escape point. 

Now that sounds intense.

I'd even go as far to say, make the car harder to steer with big ole Jason clinging to the hood.

9 hours ago, matisangry said:

"*AN education" 

maybe you should work on your own grammar before calling people out for their's. (you also use "cuz" so maybe don't call people out for using spelling shortcuts, too?) 

I'm not one to get personal on here but don't come to the forums and be a dick. if you feel like thumping your chest and waving your golden controller in the air because you're just so damn good, take it to reddit. 

your original statement is too ridiculous to even address. you literally said hanging around just to teabag jason doesn't make you an asshole. 

First the words “maybe” and “your” need to be capitalized and your supposed to use capital letters after a period. Bye Hun ? 

2 hours ago, Impuhlsively said:

First, the words “maybe” and “your” need to be capitalized, and your (you're) supposed to use capital letters after a period. Bye Hun.

It would've been funnier if you corrected all his mistakes in red.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It would've been funnier if you corrected all his mistakes in red.

Well I wasn’t worried because all these people keep coming at me talkin about me being a child when half of them were just using the same words a child would have used. But, it’s whatever.

10 minutes ago, Impuhlsively said:

Well I wasn’t worried because all these people keep coming at me talkin about me being a child when half of them were just using the same words a child would have used. But, it’s whatever.

You're not a child.

But you're not an adult.

You're halfway there.

3 hours ago, Impuhlsively said:

First the words “maybe” and “your” need to be capitalized and your supposed to use capital letters after a period. Bye Hun ? 

stylistic choice, but whatever floats your boat, bub. glad to see that's what you've got to contribute. 

If I'm camping the exit with my pocket knives it's only to keep Jason busy to give people time to get to the police themselves. I dodge his grabs and try to stun him as many times as possible, I can usually buy a minute or two depending on my character.

10 hours ago, Vortex said:

In a thread about not being dicks, people start being dicks about grammar.

GG Internet.

to be fair, i only mentioned grammar because dude rolls in here fresh to the boards and starts flaming people - questioning their education and busting on them for using slang when their own posts are riddled with garbage english. not that @WashingtonJonesneeds anyone running to his defense, but this stuff drives me mental. contribute or piss off. i usually steer clear of message boards because of dudes like this. i've stuck around here because there's a a remarkably low number of members like this here. 

Using your skill and better perks to play better? No

Showboating? Of course. I absolutely cannot stand showboating or tea bagging or any of that ridiculous nonsense so you won't ever see me doing it because I find it to be bad sportsmanship and in poor taste.

This isn’t so much a problem with ppl being ass hats, it’s a problem with Jason. Even a brand new, fresh level 1 Jason should be a threat, to even the most seasoned 101 level counselor. Jason needs to be feared EVERY match. Regardless of who is behind the character. I’m not saying he should go 8/8 every match, but you should always dread when he’s near by. Always. 

I just started Slashing alot, not as flashy, but it seems effective. Especially when they try to swarm me.

I'd rather not play part 3 Jason, but he's the best I got atm for dealing with that.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:18 AM, Vortex said:

As a new player myself I really sympathize when another noob gets Jason and is struggling.

He's suppose to be the funnest part of the game...then you get these level 101 Counselors with all epic perks, just dragging out matches to be an asshole.

It really makes it unfun.

Shit-Talking is fine, and fun hey even I do it as a Counselor.

But dancing infront of the cops and using your epic level perks to constantly stun jason, and run laps around him well...you guys doing that are making new players not want to play..and that -will- eventually kill this game.

So please for the fellow new boots and myself, if you have the opportunity to end the game...just do it.

Try to forget about it, don't let other players bother you. Im level 97 and I still deal with jerks often. Not that i'm for it..because I horse around with noob Jason's because it keeps me alive. If I can mess around with a non-professional Jason i have a easier way to survive. But its not to be rude, some people are different strategists. I didn't have this problem when I was in my low levels, but now newer people admire my "professionalism".

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

This isn’t so much a problem with ppl being ass hats, it’s a problem with Jason. Even a brand new, fresh level 1 Jason should be a threat, to even the most seasoned 101 level counselor. Jason needs to be feared EVERY match. Regardless of who is behind the character. I’m not saying he should go 8/8 every match, but you should always dread when he’s near by. Always. 

Exactly. And at this point the developers made a Jason that isn't dangerous AT ALL in the hands of new counselors and also gave us dance emotes. What did they think was going to happen?

I actually agree with you. I think if someones first impression of a community is that it is toxic, they probably will not want to return to it. But also lately Jason hasn't been that easy for most people to play, even at higher levels.