Vortex

Please stop being dicks to New Players that get Jason...

7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

There is something unusual with how the PlayStation Community mechanic displays online members. I promise you we're on. Have you tossed out some friend invites to community members?

maybe? dunno. normally when I get home from work, first thing I do is wake the PS4 from rest/sleep do a few things and then check to see who's online friends wise.. and then I check the community.. I look to see if there is any sessions going on or any party chats open.. I see nothing. I've seen you on a few times, but idle not playing.. figured it was maybe your phone showing you online or you just booted up.

On the weekend, I've normally been playing for hours and hours and see nothing.. it should show I am playing.. no one has reached out to me to say, "hey wanna game?" or "hey let's do a private server match?"

:(

40 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

maybe? dunno. normally when I get home from work, first thing I do is wake the PS4 from rest/sleep do a few things and then check to see who's online friends wise.. and then I check the community.. I look to see if there is any sessions going on or any party chats open.. I see nothing. I've seen you on a few times, but idle not playing.. figured it was maybe your phone showing you online or you just booted up.

On the weekend, I've normally been playing for hours and hours and see nothing.. it should show I am playing.. no one has reached out to me to say, "hey wanna game?" or "hey let's do a private server match?"

:(

I try to make sure that if I'm in, I show as online. Otherwise, my status shows the app, since I manage the community through the mobile app. I'll PM a few usernames for you to send friend requests to, that'll up your chances of getting seen by playing members. I'm at work, so it'll take me a little while to make it happen, but I'll jump on it as soon as I can.

17 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I try to make sure that if I'm in, I show as online. Otherwise, my status shows the app, since I manage the community through the mobile app. I'll PM a few usernames for you to send friend requests to, that'll up your chances of getting seen by playing members. I'm at work, so it'll take me a little while to make it happen, but I'll jump on it as soon as I can.

Sounds good. thanks for your efforts.

5 hours ago, Vortex said:

As a new player myself I really sympathize when another noob gets Jason and is struggling.

He's suppose to be the funnest part of the game...then you get these level 101 Counselors with all epic perks, just dragging out matches to be an asshole.

It really makes it unfun.

Shit-Talking is fine, and fun hey even I do it as a Counselor.

But dancing infront of the cops and using your epic level perks to constantly stun jason, and run laps around him well...you guys doing that are making new players not want to play..and that -will- eventually kill this game.

So please for the fellow new boots and myself, if you have the opportunity to end the game...just do it.

Don't blame the players blame the devs for making Jason so weak.

only troll jason if he's being a dick. 

taunting new players makes you an asshole and troll. the xp excuse is BS.  these type of players aren't dancing at the exit and beating jason's ass for ten minutes for an extra 111 xp.

people don't need to take it easy on new players. fix objectives, get shots in when you can, but don't hang around and troll jason for half a round because he's new and doesn't know what he's doing. unless, of course, you want new players to say "screw it" because the community seems toxic. 

• Like 8

When I get a new Jason player in a match I act scared and play the game bad so they can catch me lol, I wanna make their match more easier instead of ruining it for them by tbagging and dancing on them. 

I would offer tips to any new Jason player if they were willing to listen. Even though I have fun playing as a counselor, I'm really all about playing as Jason, and I'm of the mindset that Jason is supposed to kill the counselors...even when I'm one of them. I'm not saying I try to get killed or play half-assed as a counselor, but I also don't get upset when I do get killed because I love Jason so much and I want his mommy to be proud of him. So, if it'll help some scrub newbie get better and enjoy the game more, I'd be happy to school him.

That said, I don't mind a little showboating to earn a few extra XP or whatever, but the guys that just drag out a match to troll non-stop really should be peed on IRL. Just held down by fat bikers and peed on. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

When I get a new Jason player in a match I act scared and play the game bad so they can catch me lol, I wanna make their match more easier instead of ruining it for them by tbagging and dancing on them. 

i've only given a new Jason a gimme once. he was a level one, literally first time as Jason, and he was being mocked and trolled by four 101s who were obviously playing together. they teabagged, danced and looped tables all while aggressively talking mean-spirited  shit. they continued their harassment in the post-game lobby. 

so the next game i ran two of them over with the car. now my usual MO but these guys are dicks and i don't deal well with racial and homophobic slurs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vortex said:

As a new player myself I really sympathize when another noob gets Jason and is struggling.

He's suppose to be the funnest part of the game...then you get these level 101 Counselors with all epic perks, just dragging out matches to be an asshole.

But dancing infront of the cops and using your epic level perks to constantly stun jason, and run laps around him well...you guys doing that are making new players not want to play..and that -will- eventually kill this game.

So please for the fellow new boots and myself, if you have the opportunity to end the game...just do it.

I’m with you in this as well. This is overall the most toxic community. Ever. They’re gonna push people into quitting. I believe we need every player possible to keep this game going.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i've only given a new Jason a gimme once. he was a level one, literally first time as Jason, and he was being mocked and trolled by four 101s who were obviously playing together. they teabagged, danced and looped tables all while aggressively talking mean-spirited  shit. they continued their harassment in the post-game lobby. 

so the next game i ran two of them over with the car. now my usual MO but these guys are dicks and i don't deal well with racial and homophobic slurs. 

Dang bro are they even fans of the films? Going around disrespecting Jason like that, holy crap. They're probably the type of people saying "get gud" when like 7 counselors escape them when they are Jason 

27 minutes ago, matisangry said:

This seems to be the norm since the last sale of the game.. people running around calling Jason these things as they run around him or just scream out terms at other players based on their characters skin color. Sure you can mute these turds, but they are just toxic poison to everyone on the servers.

One guy kept following me around because I had the gas and kept saying he was gay chad and wanted to butt fuck me. calling me the F word.. I was like, "whaaa? really?"

I don't get too salty personally.

If some garbage is going on like what I posted, I just morph back to Jason's shack and stay there until they get bored and leave.

I'am just saying when someones obviously new, but are trying...why be a dick and rub it in there face? It's not like we have a steady way to practice Jason except against other players at the moment. I've gotten clean sweeps before, along with really bad ones where I only get 1-2 kills if that. I've not killed a counselor cause he was hiding in a fridge, but you know what? He wasn't a dick about it about calling me a F***** or a N***** just because he lived. We both laughed about it and had fun for a few more rounds.

4 hours ago, MyersVoorhees said:

I am with you on that.

I've gotten pretty decent as Chad, so if a Jason is truly struggling I might accidentally drop my pocket knife, or crawl through a broken window. Not giving him the kill, but at least a sporting chance, that's just me though.

10 hours ago, Vortex said:

I'm not new but I still sympathize with new players, especially Jasons. 

Getting XP is cool, but if you're waiting around wasting time so you can troll Jason at the exit, then you're a selfish, lame player. That shit gets old after the 1st or 2nd time doing it. If that continues to be fun, then you have a poor sense of entertainment. Not everybody has the luxury to play for hours and hours...stop wasting other people's time.

And I'm all about not going soft on new players, but if you think trolling them is teaching them anything useful, then you're full of shit. Powerless young children need to flex what little they have by being antagonistic trolls. It's easy to do. But it's not easy to show responsibility. Maybe all you troll players should start practicing that instead of this game. 

If you're getting picked on in real life...deal with it in real life. Don't fuck up my rounds with it.

At least it isn't Dead by Daylight where the entire group will camp the exit 75% of the time indefinitely, willing to wait an entire hour (not exaggerating) for you to show up so they can teabag you, and then they'll tell you to kill yourself both in the endgame chat and by spamming you with invites to Steam groups with mean names.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm not new but I still sympathize with new players, especially Jasons. 

Getting XP is cool, but if you're waiting around wasting time so you can troll Jason at the exit, then you're a selfish, lame player. That shit gets old after the 1st or 2nd time doing it. If that continues to be fun, then you have a poor sense of entertainment. Not everybody has the luxury to play for hours and hours...stop wasting other people's time.

This sums it up in a nutshell. It can be hard enough for people using QP to get a match. Likewise, if you are allowed to play in a private match, it is a general courtesy to not waste everyone's time. Play the game. Do your part. Get ready to get in some more good matches. Don't be a douche.

• Like 2

I'll be honest.  Playing against a new jason and decided to wait at cops to stab him in the neck with a knife and laugh while running off.  But he slashed me real quick instead (didnt even know how to grab) and I died.  Felt really stupid afterwards.

11 hours ago, Vortex said:

What?

15 hours ago, Vortex said:

It’s not being an asshole actually. Just because we want to mess around with Jason a bit by hitting him, tea bagging, or camping to use pocket knives do not mean we are being assholes. We want to have a more thrilling experience within the game so it is not our fault and if you have a problem then you should just leave the lobby or whatever. And it’s annoying for you to come on this forum pouring out your heart because you cannot simply play the game as good as us others. Don’t be self centered, cuz who wants to escape right away. Especially when we have things to use as defense and make it exciting.

Edited by Impuhlsively

i hate the bullyembarrass the new Jason. especially if its just to get attention and show off when your already maxed. it really drags out the match for other players who arent maxed that have died or escaped already. if the Jasons good then fuck em do whatever to him. i just hate losing new players due to it discouraging them, i usually msg the jason and try to encourage them not to give up. it takes a while to get good and some people dont have as much time to play as someone i.e. who can just play all day. i just dont like the dumb dance thing, i dont find it funny or cool to keep doing it., and it doesnt make me mad and flustered when im Jason, it kinda makes me embarrassed for them cause it looks stupid.

15 hours ago, Vortex said:

And when new players stop coming back, and the game slowly dies...will it still be fun?

Especially when you end up waiting console lengths of time for a match?

I guess they shouldn't have made Jason too easy.

This is why I would like a leave timer on the cops. If they arrived, you have 5 minutes to get your ass out of there otherwise the cops leaves you behind.

This applies to time wasters in general, but I guess it could apply for newbies as well when all counselors should escape with ease. The game should also offer big bonus in XP the earlier you can escape and not have to wait for Jason to get some free stuns for measly XP's. Like I'm suppose to believe that.

Escaping early is all the insult a newbie Jason needs. Not showboating the entire length of the match. Fuck that. And that's what help causing people to leave matches instead of sticking around.

• Like 1