Vortex

Please stop being dicks to New Players that get Jason...

As a new player myself I really sympathize when another noob gets Jason and is struggling.

He's suppose to be the funnest part of the game...then you get these level 101 Counselors with all epic perks, just dragging out matches to be an asshole.

It really makes it unfun.

Shit-Talking is fine, and fun hey even I do it as a Counselor.

But dancing infront of the cops and using your epic level perks to constantly stun jason, and run laps around him well...you guys doing that are making new players not want to play..and that -will- eventually kill this game.

So please for the fellow new boots and myself, if you have the opportunity to end the game...just do it.

• Like 9

Just now, Aaron said:

no.. it's fun

And when new players stop coming back, and the game slowly dies...will it still be fun?

Especially when you end up waiting console lengths of time for a match?

• Like 3

Just now, Aaron said:

I'm not gonna stop my fun because someone else sucks..stick it out and git gud

Ah now I get it you.

You are just some troll in general.

• Like 3

Just now, Vortex said:

Ah now I get it you.

You are just some troll in general.

do you even comprehend.. I'm saying we shouldn't coddle new players... good things are forged through fire

but I do think this game needs a better "how to play" guide

You literally have to search hard for quality tips on the game

• Like 2

Just now, Aaron said:

do you even comprehend.. I'm saying we shouldn't coddle new players... good things are forged through fire

Nice limp attempt to hide your obvious trolling. 

Now get back under your bridge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Nice limp attempt to hide your obvious trolling. 

Now get back under your bridge.

It's not nice to assume people's intentions.. I'm offended

I don't know what to say about this thread. Honestly I don't. Asking people not to be assholes to one another in any way these days seems to be too much to ask. I guess I could say that you can't let it bother you.

don't forget that not all counselors are always in on horse play, some of us just want to reap in xp and move onto the next game. what is most important is that you learn from your mistakes and move forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silencedeffect said:

don't forget that not all counselors are always in on horse play, some of us just want to reap in xp and move onto the next game. what is most important is that you learn from your mistakes and move forward.

That's what I'am saying.

If you can end the game, please do.

No reason to try and make someone feel legitly bad about not being able to catch you.

3 minutes ago, Vortex said:

That's what I'am saying.

If you can end the game, please do.

No reason to try and make someone feel legitly bad about not being able to catch you.

ending the game would kind of ruin the xp gain some of us has worked for. I know it is hard dealing with horseplay counselors, but you have to remember every small stupid thing they do on Jason counts toward higher xp score in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silencedeffect said:

ending the game would kind of ruin the xp gain some of us has worked for. I know it is hard dealing with horseplay counselors, but you have to remember every small stupid thing they do on Jason counts toward higher xp score in the end.

Counselors that fight and stun is fine, part of the game.

I am specifically talking about situations were people just camp one or two tiles away from the cops dancing, and shit talking.

Instead of moping about it, use that opportunity to practice. Get a game plan together and figure out a way to penetrate their defenses.

E.G. Morph a short distance from them > activate stalk > and then shift behind them.

But yeah, if you've got people waiting at the cops with pocket knifes and weapons, your best bet is to spam slash them and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Let's not be antagonizing in our posts with sayings such as "git gud" thanks. In regard to the cop exit. There is a thread that has already brought this topic up. General consensus on that is and I am guilty of doing that myself is some have not seen Jason all game they usually have a pocket knife and want to get XP prior to leaving so I will shoot Jason Or hit him and make a dash to the exit. 

however what I have seen and it's generally an annoyance is someone who burns their pocket knife and still does not leave. or makes their way back to camp. you want to get a little XP before match end? that's fair but to just be show boating is entirely something else. as someone suggested, if counselors are just hanging around. slash at them they will either leave or they will die because there is a high chance they have a pocket knife in their possession. 

also there is a group that often plays together on here. It's a group of passionate players and they are pretty helpful. They should be able to help out and give tips. I forget the name because maybe old age but I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Not the fault of the players that the game provides such limited information, and even misinformation on how to play. There's no knowledge base for new players other than the very basic in-game guide, no accurate explanation of mechanics, no tips on strategy, no guidance on what's important in a match as Jason or counselor. So it's no wonder that new players either get sent directly to spectate mode, experience a crushing 0/8 as Jason or even get killed as him. 

You would think that in a game with no matchmaking based on something even as simple as level, steps would be taken to try to get the new players to stick, and offer guidance on how to improve. But it's not the case, and even if there was progress on that front, at this point I doubt anyone but the players actually know how much counselor gameplay has evolved, and how much advantage counselors have once coordinated and proficient in combat. It is not surprising therefore that new players simply have no chance, and must hunt for information themselves in order to improve. Otherwise they will always be vulnerable to the trolls. 

• Like 1

@Vortex, the group that @JPops is talking about is described in the thread linked below. If it looks interesting to you, drop a line in there and the appropriate person will get you an invitation.

• Like 1

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@Vortex, the group that @JPops is talking about is described in the thread linked below. If it looks interesting to you, drop a line in there and the appropriate person will get you an invitation.

Thanks for the help. I was way off, which is why I didn't want to guess I got the club part right that has to be worth some points right? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPops said:

Thanks for the help. I was way off, which is why I didn't want to guess I got the club part right that has to be worth some points right? ;)

I have calculated your points, and added them to your overall score. Well done. :D

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

That topic is pinned so always up front.

Alkavian's provides stronger details. Some of the cone descriptions are prepatch, so you will have to look for his new cone in the nerf Jason thread.

Lastly and least helpful is this thread:

There are a few great guides easily accessed on the forums alone. Then try YouTube like every other Millennial. Plenty of streamers offer advice. 

As for the OP, I can empathize with where you are coming from. It does leave a sour taste in a new players mouth. However, it isn't done to just new players, so don't take offense. The last patch helped counselors escape much easier and now counselors are sitting in packs in front of cops having dance parties every other game. It used to be rare to see because no one wanted to risk it. Now everyone is so confident in fighting back or evasive measures they troll him relentlessly. 

My advice is don't take offense as it's nature of the beast to flaunt conquests. Me personally, I would rather end the game quicker and move on. It's like playing a sport and acting as if you had scored before. Keep celebrations minimal and classy. Don't drag it out for other players.

Besides, most players that say how bad a Jason player is aren't forum members. I think I have encountered only 1 forum member that turned out to be a shit talking asshole. He was quickly removed from the club

As for the "more XP" excuse, you will get more quickly by ending the game and starting up another one faster. Isn't the surviving the entire time bonus something like 200xp? I see if yoh have a shotgun and want to hit Jason once and run, or some firecrackers, but to think the time bonus is better than ending and playing another game quicker is backwards thinking. 

• Like 1

@VortexI am with you on this. I can understand @JPops points of wanting to get the extra xp and those that fight back.. its all part of the game, I do those thing too. but its the A-holes that dance around instead of escaping...

what's even worse are the ones that grab the car, don't pick people up and drive around the map honking. I see that a lot as a counselor and when I think it might be a serious player coming to help, boom that person drives off the road purposely to kill me..cause what do they care, they are 101, XP doesn't mean crap at the moment to them.

Had someone last night.. purposely follow me off the road around a tree and around a fence to hit me.. then get out.. dance on me, and take my health spray.. laughing the whole time (she had a mic).

and yes I'm part of the good sportsman club thing, but its dead. I never see anyone when I play and I've played on weekends.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I can only speak for ps4, Crystal Lake employment agency. Which is headed by the gentleman I've quoted. We love new players, a bunch of us are 101s but we definitely help new players and will not troll you with the whole "git gud" nonsense. Get with the community and make some friends. Mostly private games, invites get sent to friends we see in game. We will not coddle you, no one can learn like that Anyway. I died soooo much in the beginning! I've learned quite alot just listening to the others and observing their tactics, after the match ask questions and we will all help you if we can. And just about all my friends are from there, all great people. So many fun games, why not try it? Do you play fair? Don't glitch? Don't use exploits? Don't troll your fellow campers? Not a Jason helper? Not a sexist or racist? Then you're the kind of player we want to game with, join us!

31 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I'm part of the good sportsman club thing, but its dead. I never see anyone when I play and I've played on weekends.

There is something unusual with how the PlayStation Community mechanic displays online members. I promise you we're on. Have you tossed out some friend invites to community members?

• Like 1

Being a "dick" as you say gives us additional time bonus XP which is usually why players stop at the police exit. 

Perks don't come cheap you know.