Hello. Myers here............. 

And I am here tonight to discuss the apparent most important topic regarding Friday The 13th The Game... Quality of the gameplay

Here are the general topics that we will be discussing, which will be regarding the upcoming update.

The Upcoming Update

Virtual Cabin 2.0

Offline Bots

The Patch

Theory of more upcoming updates

Okay let's begin.

Virtual Cabin 2.0

Okay so if we use the Friday The 13th The Game roadmap we are standing right between the Halloween pumpkin "My favorite Halliday" "Yes I said Halliday" and the Virtual Cabin 2.0 update you can obviously tell that our next update without a doubt will involve that specific content. However if I am to be honest with you I am not to hyped for this content though it still sounds like a good addition to the game. All we have to do is look back at our sources from the official site. 

From what we know it will still contain a F13 museum experience with according to them will have Easter Eggs, secrets and unexpected jump scares... Sounds fun. It will also be in a first person view while playing... One could only guess what lies behind the secrets of this content. But we've had a Virtual Cabin before on the PC. However it is confirmed that this Virtual Cabin 2.0 update will indeed make it's way to not just the PC but consoles as well such as XBOX One and PS4 which I reckon is good for me considering I am a console player. Not much more details to go into with this update so that leads us to our next topic which is my favorite discussion thus far...

Offline Bots

Yes this is what I look foward to the most and what I can say about this update which includes the last I mentioned is that we do know unless plans change that the next 5 content/updates are suppose to be here between now and Winter according to the roadmap the next icon is a snowflake mark rather if that means the first day of winter "December 21st" Christmas day "December 25th" or the last day of winter "March 20th 2018" that is central time of course. However I refuse to believe that all this content between Halloween and The snowflake is a time period between now and 2018. I would like to think that the snowflake means Christmas in general. What I do know is that the informers of the game have informed on this website just a couple days ago this new update will be content focus with minor patches and we should be seeing very shortly. Pretty much in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to say two weeks but I'm gonna say three-four weeks. The Offline Bot mode will allow players to play Offline without an internet connection which is good for many players. Not just the fanbase but the developers as well because that means more money comes in for them. There are many gamers who want to enjoy this Friday The 13th experience but incase you didn't know there are loads of gamers or have no internet connection, not only that but many gamers prefer singleplayer experience and doesn't like playing online due to the unfortunate fact there are many bad sports and screaming people over their microphones. Sure you can mute them but there's still a huge list of things that ruins gaming experience for other players while playing online, thus is why it's a really good move to give players like myself or even you the Offline Bots mode to enjoy at least til the actual singleplayer mode is released which we'll discuss in another topic. The Offline not mode is just like the online mode just offline. You will be playing as Jason and only Jason so you can hunt down councillors and skill and level up your Jason. Plus it's a good break from surviving as that for some players may get tiring after awhile. The reason you can only play as Jason in offline mode is simply because the developers are having a hard time programming Jason to feel like a real Jason. Programmed Jason has an issue with running into walls rather than trying to properly chase you which as they said and as I agree is not fun, nor is it scary. I hope and believe that this content will be released the same time as Virtual Cabin 2.0 update which should be very soon. 

The Patch

There are a lot of huge issues regarding the game. Achievment issues and my biggest issue with the game of all are hosting sessions. Let's face it. If you've played long enough we've all waited forever for a chance to play as Jason and when the moment finally comes the host will quit and if the host quits you and everyone else in the session will be kicked. That's terrible! What they need to do is make it to where when a current host quits a session a new host takes over out of the selection of players. I remember the first time I got the game I waited forever to be Jason and the first time I got to be Jason my first time experience was ruined because my first kill was literally the host and before I got to kill anyone else the host quit because he/she didn't want to wait for the game to end. That really sucked. I think when it comes to patches that should be the biggest concern to fix rather if you disagree or not. As the informers posted there will not be major bugs and fixes unlike the previous update. They fix some minor stuff though. Many players are heated by this fact and that's understandable but I think what we need ASAP is the offline mode because there are many players who don't have a connection to the internet to play and wants to and has been waiting longer for this game than those who have a internet connection. Besides the offline mode as for the rest of the content I think should be put off until the major issues are fixed. All we do know is while there will be some minor fixes, this next update is content focus which will contain Virtual Cabin 2.0 and most likely offline Bots as well, possibly more. 

Last but not least.

The Theories

Well as for more upcoming content soon we will be getting a Singleplayer demo which will contain challenges, new councilors and a new map. While as far as I'm concerned there are not much confirmations of these contents. I theorize that the upcoming new map could be from crystal lake from the beginning of part 8 but there is not much to show from that considering most of the part 8 film took place on a boat and Manhattan, New York. I've heard somewhere that one of the new councilors will be Mark from Part 2.... Only problem is... Mark is in a wheelchair... How would that even work? But just cause it's Mark doesn't mean that he'll be in a wheelchair which I'm sure he won't. As for councilors I'd like to see the female lead from 1980 The original Friday The 13th or even the lead from part 2. As for the demo I have not much to go on about that. Like I said before they will be challenge based but with story elements from the movies.

That's all I have left to say and I will post more news and topics whenever more announcements are made. I may do a post about the possible upcoming new Jasons we are getting soon. Leave a comment and leave me your thoughts on these topics. What would you like to see? What are you looking foward to the most? 

Sincerly,

Michael Myers

Dammit, Michael.  Who allowed internet in haddonfield?  Seriously though.....big fan of your work!  When is your game coming out?  A game dedicated to arguably the most iconic horror killer of all time!  

This may be locked, man.  Don't take it personally, but there are threads related to these topics already.  

• Like 1

Hello, Maddog_8121 

You think Jason will keep me from his world of horror? Never! But anyhow thank you for your post and I will do my best to keep up with as much content as I can. If you have any opinions on my post or things you'd like to see done with this game let me know please! Thanks! 

Oh! Forgot to mention...

I'm sure my game will be here before you know it. You just can't keep me down you know. I've always got work to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers said:

I've heard somewhere that one of the new councilors will be Mark from Part 2.... Only problem is... Mark is in a wheelchair... How would that even work?

@DamonD7

You called it Damon.

Mark confirmed as a new counselor. ;)

My updated DLC road map confused a few people. :lol:

y4mKjxnPG2lR-7QWTHPkBKst7EfGZ3c-h_m5L67d

• Like 3

great theories and good discussions can come from the post @MichaelMyers

IF Mark is confirmed (?) and I'm not sure who confirmed (not doubting it, just never saw it) the whole wheelchair character will be a major handicap for playing a counselor. It would eliminate any real defense for him.. maybe they will make him super fast as you can really move in a chair to make up for the lack of ways to get into places? But he'd also have trouble getting over certain land obstacles.. not to mention, getting in and out of (cars/boats). Making him not in a wheelchair is the solution, but I can already see the bitching happening from the hardcore group. 

Now the hosting issue.. I don't think that's possible to be able to switch a host like, I am an network admin and engineer.. I don't know how the console sets up the game, but if its anything like I think, people are connecting to a host to play the game and if that host quits it terminates all the connections closing the door. We sadly are just going to have to wait for dedicated servers. :(

Hello @Punisher_2099 Yes I agree 100% However I do not know the developers networking skills however there are plenty of games that allows a new host to take in place when the current host leaves. Maybe it depends? But anyhow yes I was thinking the same thing about Mark and the wheelchair. I just don't see them making us play as a guy in a wheelchair... It just wouldn't work and you and I have pointed out. Thank you for your post. If you have anymore you'd like to discuss please feel free to post! Thank you!

Mark was originally a stretch goal on the kickstarter so I'd love to see him in the game eventually. Would add a totally new play style to master.

I assume his appearance will come down to permission from Tom McBride's family as he sadly passed away in 1995.

We will never get a snowy map, or Christmas clothing packs. If we ever did I might consider leaving the game. This game is set in the summer when Jason had his fun. Winter Crystal Lake would not work!

• Like 1

I might sound like a dick but I don't want Mark unless he can run. They'd have to change so much to make him work when they could put that time into something else. As far as the update I just want Offline Bots and new counselors. Throw in a new map or two and I'm good, at least for awhile.