Is there anyway they can implement a way to get rid of idle players at all? I'm sick of playing matches where the Jason is just in idle not doing anything at all. Why are people even playing matches in idle? It seems like a troll thing going on tbh it happens way to often and it's annoying.

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

Maybe they have their preference set as counselor and don't enjoy being Jason. 

so they make everyone wait and get out and have a few troll councelers wonder around till the last minutes? While in the shack? Sounds messed up and something that happens way too often

12 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

so they make everyone wait and get out and have a few troll councelers wonder around till the last minutes? While in the shack? Sounds messed up and something that happens way too often

Nothing you can do about it.  There is no option for counselors only yet.  

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Nothing you can do about it.  There is no option for counselors only yet.  

Thats two games already with two idle jason's right now wtf is this some form of protest? Jeeze

10 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Thats two games already with two idle jason's right now wtf is this some form of protest? Jeeze

Idk.  Hard to say.  Can only assume at this point.  And you know what they say about assuming.  It makes an ass of u and me. 

yep had this happen a few times.. the guy playing was an active and good counselor (not a dick or troll at all).. came time for him to be Jason. he just stood in the shack the entire game. We all escaped, next match started, he played as if it was no big thing to him. Shrug.

I've noticed a lot of hosts end up idle.  I think they start a room then go to work or bed or something and let XP rack up without playing.  Even as a councelor, dying early but staying to the end will net you some XP.

the idle kick seems to work very randomly for counselors and not at all for Jason - i don't think it ever worked for him. 

could be a host AFK or maybe he just really hates playing jason. can't say i blame him if that's the case. especially in QP where there are a lot of people that get off beating the piss out of bad jasons. 

i prefer counselor, hate playing as jason, but i always at least play when I'm selected. if the lobby is full of toxic trolls just looking to teabag or gang stun me for half the round, I'll just morph around the map breaking generators and collecting knives. they can call me a "pussy" all they want but I'm not giving them what they came for. 

9 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

Is there anyway they can implement a way to get rid of idle players at all? I'm sick of playing matches where the Jason is just in idle not doing anything at all. Why are people even playing matches in idle? It seems like a troll thing going on tbh it happens way to often and it's annoying.

This has never happened to me.

I was idle as Jason last night.  Here's what happened: First, the marker on the map disappeared after I set traps and knocked out all the power everywhere. I had no idea where I was for the rest of the match except by memory.  So I had a lot of trouble morphing to catch people. Then, to make matters worse, I stopped being able to do anything except run.  In the past, the problem has always fixed itself by getting hit, but I had so much trouble finding the counselors.  It was taking too long.  I swear they must've all been huddled up together somewhere so I took a bathroom break.  I didn't want to leave because I was the host.  When I came back, Fox had found me with 2 minutes left and hit me! I tried the best I could in the last 2 minutes but they were helping each other.  Then another glitch that happens to me a lot.  I grabbed a counselor and heard the kill animation while I was holding her yet it didn't actually happen and then she got free and I wasn't able to grab her again. At least counselors were able to gain XP by repairing stuff.

People play as idle counselor just to harvest XP.

I think they should be auto kicked after, say 5 minutes of no input at all. And after repeated kicks banned for a while.

On 2017-11-29 at 7:36 AM, Maddogg_8121 said:

Maybe they have their preference set as counselor and don't enjoy being Jason. 

It really strange that you can still become Jason with that setting.

I tried setting it to counselor earlier, the 5 following matches I was Jason 3 times...

2 hours ago, Fooobar said:

It really strange that you can still become Jason with that setting.

I tried setting it to counselor earlier, the 5 following matches I was Jason 3 times...

it is intended. hence it is called preference. with this choosen you should become counselor more often than when you choose the Jason or None preference. They said a "Counselor only" option is coming tough.

Hope they finally introduce temp bans for leavers then.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

it is intended. hence it is called preference. with this choosen you should become counselor more often than when you choose the Jason or None preference. They said a "Counselor only" option is coming tough.

Hope they finally introduce temp bans for leavers then.

3 of of 5 when preference set to "near 0 out of 5" with a lobby full of people that love to be Jason (and quits if they don't) is just stupid.

The whole assign Jason-algorithm is broken and need fixes.

5 hours ago, Fooobar said:

3 of of 5 when preference set to "near 0 out of 5" with a lobby full of people that love to be Jason (and quits if they don't) is just stupid.

The whole assign Jason-algorithm is broken and need fixes.

Yeah, very true.

Just wanted to point out that counselor only is no option so far.

21 hours ago, Soxette said:

I was idle as Jason last night.  Here's what happened: First, the marker on the map disappeared after I set traps and knocked out all the power everywhere. I had no idea where I was for the rest of the match except by memory.  So I had a lot of trouble morphing to catch people. Then, to make matters worse, I stopped being able to do anything except run.  In the past, the problem has always fixed itself by getting hit, but I had so much trouble finding the counselors.  It was taking too long.  I swear they must've all been huddled up together somewhere so I took a bathroom break.  I didn't want to leave because I was the host.  When I came back, Fox had found me with 2 minutes left and hit me! I tried the best I could in the last 2 minutes but they were helping each other.  Then another glitch that happens to me a lot.  I grabbed a counselor and heard the kill animation while I was holding her yet it didn't actually happen and then she got free and I wasn't able to grab her again. At least counselors were able to gain XP by repairing stuff.

you can always try going in to the water. sometimes that helps.