Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jenny Myers is a tank for composure. 

 

I currently have equipped the Night Owl perk for 58% darkness resistance.

Controlled breathing - 22% (faster composure increase while hiding)

And Ice Cold - 49% (reduction of fear of dead bodies)

For some reason I think Ice Cold may not be that good. Is there any sources of how much fear rises from seeing a dead body?

 

Lone Wolf or Nerves Of Steel are interesting choices. Nerves of Steel is overall fear resistance right?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would agree with you about Ice Cold, mostly due to how situational it is. As far as fear reduction goes, I'd prefer something like Preparedness for the extra convenience of starting with the map in addition to the fear resistance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be frank, as someone who also mains Jenny, I've never really used too many composure/fear perks. Jason will eventually be able to sense you regardless once he hits Rage Mode, and because of my playstyle I usually end up living around those times (helping counselors, letting them take the seats in the car if I know there are others out there, etc.).

I'm especially not a fan of "Nerves of Steel" because it takes well over 3 minutes worth of Jenny being exposed to fear elements in order to reach the point where that perk is useful, and if Jason tunnels you for that long, yet your team didn't fix anything during that time period, then you're already screwed unless you're able to kite him repeatedly.

If you really want perks of that nature, try Night Owl or Preparedness. NIght Owl helps reduce the darkness fear penalty, one of the most prevalent fear sources in the game (to put it this way, if you stood in the forest armed with a weapon plus your flashlight turned on, you will still accumulate fear at a steady pace), and Preparedness gives you a free large map with a little extra fear resistance to boot.

My personal setup is Night Owl / Restful / Swift Attacker. I like being flexible in my choices, and I don't like using meta perks (e.g. Medic), so I choose perks that dabble in a bit of everything. I already explained Night Owl, Restful is good for stamina regen, and I lucked out a while ago by rolling an epic Swift Attacker perk (19%). Swinging the bat a little faster can make all the difference between stunning Jason or getting an axe shoved into your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealth is largely useless and broken and even when it does work, Jenny isn't going to need any fear perks because she has 10 composure. If you want stealth perks you're better off just running sense-dodging perks like low profile, homebody and level headed. If you manage to dodge Jason's first sense roll you can crouch walk to a bed and get under it before he senses again. But you're probably better off stacking perks like medic, thick skinned, swift attacker, man at arms and sucker punch so that when Jason does inevitably find you, you'll be able to put up a fight and loop around cabins for a while.

Nerves of Steel doesn't do much for your fear and is best used as a way to guarantee you can keep your minimap, making it easier to drive and avoid shift grabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Thick Skin, Medic and Swift/Suckerpunch

Every other perk is trash

My Dad's A Cop is worth running on repair characters and you could argue that Marathon may be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

My Dad's A Cop is worth running on repair characters and you could argue that Marathon may be worth it.

my dad's a cop is too situational but yea marathon is ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aaron said:

my dad's a cop is too situational but yea marathon is ok

It wouldn't be situational if you were playing with friends who could guarantee you the phone call (and help you distract Jason so you can pull it off) but yeah you'll rarely see any use out of it. And yet, in the situations where you don't use it you probably won't survive even with that thick skin. I'm running Medic and Swift Attacker on all characters. Repair characters get My Dad's A Cop for their third slot. Other characters get Thick Skinned if they are fast or high luck characters and Sucker Punch if they are low luck characters, to transform those wrenches into bats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

It wouldn't be situational if you were playing with friends who could guarantee you the phone call (and help you distract Jason so you can pull it off) but yeah you'll rarely see any use out of it. And yet, in the situations where you don't use it you probably won't survive even with that thick skin. I'm running Medic and Swift Attacker on all characters. Repair characters get My Dad's A Cop for their third slot. Other characters get Thick Skinned if they are fast or high luck characters and Sucker Punch if they are low luck characters, to transform those wrenches into bats.

Every match I run through broken windows, get slashed and tank traps so I need thick skin

and yea dad a cops is perfect in a group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Thick Skin, Medic and Swift/Suckerpunch

Every other perk is trash

Restful is a good perk alongside Marathon for stamina.

Psychic is beast on coordinated groups if multiple people have it. Being able to communicate with your team from the get-go is amazing for figuring out parts, locations, and what you're going to try fixing. Combining that with Preparedness gives coordinated groups a huge advantage in terms of intel (plus a small fear resistance boost for kicks).

As for Thick Skinned, it has seen better days. For now, it's only really useful for handling window damage, and even there's better perks. You might as well just use Medic instead; this gives you two more perks to utilize.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Every match I run through broken windows, get slashed and tank traps so I need thick skin

and yea dad a cops is perfect in a group

That's why I run Thick Skinned on the fast, high luck characters like Chad and Vanessa. They're the best suited for tanking traps and looping windows. Someone with low luck and not amazing speed and stamina in my view is probably better off just stunning Jason over and over.

Quote

Psychic is beast on coordinated groups if multiple people have it. Being able to communicate with your team from the get-go is amazing for figuring out parts, locations, and what you're going to try fixing. Combining that with Preparedness gives coordinated groups a huge advantage in terms of intel (plus a small fear resistance boost for kicks).

The only coordinated groups that would run Psychic or Preparedness are groups of friends that are probably in a Discord channel anyway. So as soon as one of them gets a map they all know where everything is and they don't need to find a radio.

Quote

As for Thick Skinned, it has seen better days. For now, it's only really useful for handling window damage, and even there's better perks. You might as well just use Medic instead; this gives you two more perks to utilize.

Window damage, slashing damage, knives, traps. It does plenty. I just don't think it's absolutely essential on slow characters that probably won't be tanking traps anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Thick Skin, Medic and Swift/Suckerpunch

Every other perk is trash

They made thick skin horrible way do you use thick skin? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

They made thick skin horrible way do you use thick skin? :huh:

1 extra slash before limp and two more throwing knives

and most importantly I can use broken windows longer

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Stealth is largely useless and broken and even when it does work, Jenny isn't going to need any fear perks because she has 10 composure. If you want stealth perks you're better off just running sense-dodging perks like low profile, homebody and level headed. If you manage to dodge Jason's first sense roll you can crouch walk to a bed and get under it before he senses again. But you're probably better off stacking perks like medic, thick skinned, swift attacker, man at arms and sucker punch so that when Jason does inevitably find you, you'll be able to put up a fight and loop around cabins for a while.

Nerves of Steel doesn't do much for your fear and is best used as a way to guarantee you can keep your minimap, making it easier to drive and avoid shift grabs.

She usually doesn't. But she has reached scared rate with me before if Jason chases me for a long time and I don't want that to happen. 

 

I havent reached full fear with her yet, so I don't need the map perk.

 

I often find she gets nervous towards the end of game if I haven't been around any other counsler, regardless if I have a weapon and my flashlight on. So maybe Lone Wolf will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

They made thick skin horrible way do you use thick skin? :huh:

 

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

1 extra slash before limp and two more throwing knives

and most importantly I can use broken windows longer

Using a rare thick skin (16% damage reduction I think) on Chad I dove out of a 2nd floor window and fell into one of Jason's traps and didn't die. That's why you use thick skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aaron said:

my dad's a cop is too situational but yea marathon is ok

For awhile I put my epic My Dad's A Cop perk on all my characters with a repair stat of 5 of higher and had my counselor set to random.  I was calling the cops about 7 out of 10 matches.  Sometimes that minute and a half can make all the difference.  But my favorite perks are Marathon, Restful, Thick-Skinned & Low Profile.  I think it makes the game more interesting for me to change my perks around once in awhile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon, Swift Swing, and Restful on my Jenny. I never really cared for composure perks since I assumed standing infront of camp fires restore composure anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon, sucker punch, swift attacker on my Jenny. All epic. She really shouldn't need fear perks, you can't scare Jenny! Lol. Medic, Thick Skinned, and restful are always good picks too. It just depends on how you play her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...