Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For the purpose of winning, she's a worse version of Vanessa

Good Jasons spam sense so stealth is useless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they made Sense work like Stalk. Stealh would be more reliable since Stalk resets after every use.

If they made Sense not be able to detect counselors in cabins and instead only outside of cabins or only if they give off noise pings, it would be even better.

Then again, if they made Fear more worthwhile...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aaron said:

For the purpose of winning, she's a worse version of Vanessa

Good Jasons spam sense so stealth is useless

I wouldnt say it's useless. Jason usually follows noise pins to sense someone until there's no noisy counslers left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Armani? said:

I wouldnt say it's useless. Jason usually follows noise pins to sense someone until there's no noisy counslers left

not good jasons...noise pings aren't as reliable as sense...spam sense around objectives and you will not repair or drop anything off without me seeing you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Armani? said:

I wouldnt say it's useless. Jason usually follows noise pins to sense someone until there's no noisy counslers left

Good Jasons trap the objectives and then spam sense to see if anyone is nearby. If no one pops up he will morph to the next objective. He will chase people and kill them one by one, only breaking chases if someone pushes an objective by triggering a trap or screwing up a repair. Jason will never go to an area that doesn't have an objective until half the lobby is dead and there are no people in the objective zones.

Jason has no reason to care about some noisy Vanessa that will take five minutes to catch when he could be quickly killing Deborahs that want to repair things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's Vanessa and Tiffany left, who do you think Jason will find and chase first? Vanessa, because she can be heard across the map. After taking 5 minutes to kill Vanessa, Tiffany just needs to survive the last 2 minutes to run out the clock. Stealth can be valuable in this instant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archgamer said:

If it's Vanessa and Tiffany left, who do you think Jason will find and chase first? Vanessa, because she can be heard across the map. After taking 5 minutes to kill Vanessa, Tiffany just needs to survive the last 2 minutes to run out the clock. Stealth can be valuable in this instant. 

Well, Tiffany will be sensed across the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Well, Tiffany will be sensed across the map.

The amount of noise Vanessa makes covers more ground for Jason to detect then pre and after raged sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

If he sense's both Tiffany and Vanessa, he will go after whoever is closest.

True, but he still has a point in that the Tiffany could be hiding in a corner of the map to evade the sense, while the Vanessa is making a ton of noise while jogging. He's less likely to sense the Tiffany, but I don't think it matters because most people play AJ or similarly slow characters and die almost instantly when Jason shows up. In my experience almost everyone is escaped or dead by the time Jason gets rage. Usually as Jason there's only one guy left when I get rage, and It's often someone hiding under a bed or in a tent forcing me to wait until I get rage to sense them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Armani? said:

I think you've confused Tiffany with Jenny Myers?

 

Tiffany is definitely not the final girl. Jenny has max composure (the most important asset in the game to avoiding Jason), very high luck(stamina boosts, weapon durability, etc) and decent stealth. 

Jenny doesn't have the speed to escape a bloodbath. Jenny has to be in the middle of a fight to stun Jason with a bat. Composure is a odd stat, it doesn't help with sense. Tiffany and Vanessa have the speed and stamina to escape a bloodbath, and manage to distract Jason. Unless he has rage, he'll use the white blimps to follow Vanessa. If I play Tiffany I get items and the sweater, and wait out the clock with speed and stamina to jump to cabin to cabin. Jenny can't do that with her speed. Jenny is definitely not the final girl in the game. Vanessa or Tiffany take the cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Jenny doesn't have the speed to escape a bloodbath. Jenny has to be in the middle of a fight to stun Jason with a bat. Composure is a odd stat, it doesn't help with sense. Tiffany and Vanessa have the speed and stamina to escape a bloodbath, and manage to distract Jason. Unless he has rage, he'll use the white blimps to follow Vanessa. If I play Tiffany I get items and the sweater, and wait out the clock with speed and stamina to jump to cabin to cabin. Jenny can't do that with her speed. Jenny is definitely not the final girl in the game. Vanessa or Tiffany take the cake.

Jenny would only work as a final girl if she plays it stealthy, avoiding objectives and not contributing in any way. Tiffany can still contribute because she can quickly deliver items and then keep Jason busy long enough, leading him to an area with no objectives, that he abandons the chase and decides to kill her last. If Jenny is completely useless all match and other counselors don't die too quickly, then Jenny could camp in the middle of nowhere and only be detected by a Jason who morphs close enough to her. He isn't going to do that until she's the last one left, and at that point she may be able to evade him long enough with the items she has saved up. But this is all predicated on her being completely useless all match and everyone else being too competent to die quickly but not competent enough to escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Jenny doesn't have the speed to escape a bloodbath. Jenny has to be in the middle of a fight to stun Jason with a bat. Composure is a odd stat, it doesn't help with sense. Tiffany and Vanessa have the speed and stamina to escape a bloodbath, and manage to distract Jason. Unless he has rage, he'll use the white blimps to follow Vanessa. If I play Tiffany I get items and the sweater, and wait out the clock with speed and stamina to jump to cabin to cabin. Jenny can't do that with her speed. Jenny is definitely not the final girl in the game. Vanessa or Tiffany take the cake.

Jenny is literally the final girl....it's not arguable. She's based of the final girl in part 3

 

Tiffany does not fit that name in any form.

 

Composure, if you used properly will keep you off sense forever until Jason gets rage which makes it harder.

 

Tiffany only has 3 composure, and in the hands of a inexperienced or even regular player, she will glow red over Jenny any day. Which means she will die before Jenny. 

 

Stamina and speed is irrelevant. And with Vanessa, you'll make noise as well so not sure how you expect to avoid Jason with 4? composure and 1 stealth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Jenny would only work as a final girl if she plays it stealthy, avoiding objectives and not contributing in any way. Tiffany can still contribute because she can quickly deliver items and then keep Jason busy long enough, leading him to an area with no objectives, that he abandons the chase and decides to kill her last. If Jenny is completely useless all match and other counselors don't die too quickly, then Jenny could camp in the middle of nowhere and only be detected by a Jason who morphs close enough to her. He isn't going to do that until she's the last one left, and at that point she may be able to evade him long enough with the items she has saved up. But this is all predicated on her being completely useless all match and everyone else being too competent to die quickly but not competent enough to escape.

I don't find camping out in the middle of nowhere good for fear management. It's way better to hide in a locked house with the light on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Jenny is literally the final girl....it's not arguable. She's based of the final girl in part 3

 

Tiffany does not fit that name in any form.

 

Composure, if you used properly will keep you off sense forever until Jason gets rage which makes it harder.

 

Tiffany only has 3 composure, and in the hands of a inexperienced or even regular player, she will glow red over Jenny any day. Which means she will die before Jenny. 

 

Stamina and speed is irrelevant. And with Vanessa, you'll make noise as well so not sure how you expect to avoid Jason with 4? composure and irrelevant.

Jason gets rage roughly 2/3 of the way into the match, often earlier if he gets beat up enough. At that point speed, stamina and luck are what will get you the timer victory, composure will not help you because Jason will morph around until he finds you regardless of your fear level simply by being close enough. With Jenny you're basically hoping that everyone will last to the 17 minute mark or so and that you can be the last one crouching in the woods for the last half of the match. Once she gets found, she's dead, while Tiffany can play keepaway for a very long time.

Quote

I don't find camping out in the middle of nowhere good for fear management. It's way better to hide in a locked house with the light on.

That's the worst thing you can possibly do once Jason gets raged, because he can just morph to the campground you are in and sense you regardless of your fear level, even if you're in a hiding spot. Once Jason gets rage the only proper way to hide is to sit in the woods in an obscure corner of the map.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Jason gets rage roughly 2/3 of the way into the match, often earlier if he gets beat up enough. At that point speed, stamina and luck are what will get you the timer victory, composure will not help you because Jason will morph around until he finds you regardless of your fear level simply by being close enough. With Jenny you're basically hoping that everyone will last to the 17 minute mark or so and that you can be the last one crouching in the woods for the last half of the match. Once she gets found, she's dead, while Tiffany can play keepaway for a very long time.

Jenny has decent stamina, and unlike most counselors, she gets big boosts in stamina if she lands a hit on Jason and has weapon durability. 

It's all about playstyle. You don't run in the middle of nowhere with Jenny, you run cabin to cabin.

 

Also I've seen a round where Jason had to be literally in front of the house with rage to be able to sense a Jenny. Anywhere else and he couldn't sense her.

 

Regardless, Jenny has a much higher chance of not being sensed over Tiffany at the end of the game so regardless of her stamina, Jason will just trail her till she dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Jenny is literally the final girl....it's not arguable. She's based of the final girl in part 3

 

Tiffany does not fit that name in any form.

 

Composure, if you used properly will keep you off sense forever until Jason gets rage which makes it harder.

 

Tiffany only has 3 composure, and in the hands of a inexperienced or even regular player, she will glow red over Jenny any day. Which means she will die before Jenny. 

 

Stamina and speed is irrelevant. And with Vanessa, you'll make noise as well so not sure how you expect to avoid Jason with 4? composure and 1 stealth

That's doesn't matter if she's based off Chris. She still doesn't have the stats to be a final girl. Like the other person said, luck, speed, and stamina will get to the last few minutes to survive. Jenny only has 1 of the useful stats. Tiffany has 2. Vanessa having all 3. Composure will get you no where when Jason is on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Jenny has decent stamina, and unlike most counselors, she gets big boosts in stamina if she lands a hit on Jason and has weapon durability. 

It's all about playstyle. You don't run in the middle of nowhere with Jenny, you run cabin to cabin.

 

Also I've seen a round where Jason had to be literally in front of the house with rage to be able to sense a Jenny. Anywhere else and he couldn't sense her.

 

Regardless, Jenny has a much higher chance of not being sensed over Tiffany at the end of the game so regardless of her stamina, Jason will just trail her till she dies.

Five stamina isn't that decent, especially when paired with 3 speed. She's going to have to sprint a lot because a jogging Jason will move faster than her. Running cabin to cabin is worthless as Jenny because of how slow she is, and how much stamina must be expended to do it, coupled with Jason just being able to oneshot the door at that point. Only the fact characters can do that effectively.

Jason never has to be right in front of the house, that Jenny was just running sense dodge perks. With the right ones at the right level you can get around 50% chance to dodge sense, I think I've got 43% with all 3 of them equipped. But that doesn't matter when you can just spam sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

That's doesn't matter if she's based off Chris. She still doesn't have the stats to be a final girl. Like the other person said, luck, speed, and stamina will get to the last few seconds to survive. Jenny only has 1 of the useful stats. Tiffany has 2. Vanessa having all 3. Composure will get you no where when Jason is on you.

Speed and stamina are not good to AVOID Jason sense. Regardless if Tiffany is faster and has more stamina than Jenny, she will be sensed before Jenny theoretically, and die before her.

 

Composure, stealth, and luck are final girl stats. Not speed & stamina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Speed and stamina are not good to AVOID Jason sense. Regardless if Tiffany is faster and has more stamina than Jenny, she will be sensed before Jenny theoretically, and die before her.

 

Composure, stealth, and luck are final girl stats. Not speed & stamina. 

It's more likely that, unlike Jenny who would die after leaving the first cabin against a raging shift strong Jason, Tiffany would lead Jason across the map to the area that Jenny is in and then Jason would drop the Tiffany chase to kill Jenny instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's more likely that, unlike Jenny who would die after leaving the first cabin against a raging shift strong Jason, Tiffany would lead Jason across the map to the area that Jenny is in and then Jason would drop the Tiffany chase to kill Jenny instead.

It all depends

Jason killed Buggzy right in front of my house as Jenny. I hid under the bed, and he didn't sense me and left. He may have broken the door too

I had no home body perk, just controlled breathing +22%

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

It all depends

Jason killed Buggzy right in front of my house as Jenny. I hid under the bed, and he didn't sense me and left. 

I had no home body perk, just controlled breathing +22%

 

 

He didn't have rage, or just didn't bother to turn on sense before morphing, something every other Jason would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

He didn't have rage, or just didn't bother to turn on sense before morphing, something every other Jason would do.

Maybe, but I doubt it considering everyone died in the match including myself. It was a experienced Jason player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×