I find it common that people underrate composure. They value stealth much much more, when they go hand in hand. Jason sees you more easily with sense if you're scared. If you're at maximum fear, you will blink red anywhere on the map regardless if you're hiding or not. And if you're hiding & scared, your character will give up their position and get killed if Jason walks by.

I always play as Jenny Myers, because she's meant to be the final girl. She has max composure, and it takes a while to get her to maximum fear. If people bring Jason to my house, all I have to do is hide under a bed and wait till they kill them. Jason usually doesn't detect me in the house, so he leaves after that, and I go back to doing what I was doing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I find it common that people underrate composure. They value stealth much much more, when they go hand in hand. Jason sees you more easily with sense if you're scared. If you're at maximum fear, you will blink red anywhere on the map regardless if you're hiding or not. And if you're hiding & scared, your character will give up their position and get killed if Jason walks by.

I always play as Jenny Myers, because she's meant to be the final girl. She has max composure, and it takes a while to get her to maximum fear. If people bring Jason to my house, all I have to do is hide under a bed and wait till they kill them. Jason usually doesn't detect me in the house, so he leaves after that, and I go back to doing what I was doing.

Right on bro, you're playing Jenny right as she was ment to be played - the last one alive. 

True. But there also needs to be a better visual representation of what level fear is at. You mention "maximum fear"...Most people have no idea what that means, therefore they have no idea how exposed they are.

14 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

True. But there also needs to be a better visual representation of what level fear is at. You mention "maximum fear"...Most people have no idea what that means, therefore they have no idea how exposed they are.

True

But people know that if the screen is black or they're tripping that they're scared. They just think it's irrelevant. Many people will literally crouch without the flashlight on the entire game and be confused why Jason found them. They think stealth is the sole factor.

10 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Why Jenny?  Just use Mitch.  At least you can repair shit and hold your own if you're playing in a public match.

They're both cool. But Jenny has luck too, which is nice. 

I'd use both of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

From personal tests, I've learned there are four different stages of fear:

1. Completely relaxed.
  2. Counselors looks afraid, an indicator that the elements which build up fear are starting to overshadow your ability to resist fear. If Jason is nearby (you don't have to see him, just have to hear the music), you will build up fear regardless of what you have to resist fear.
  3. Counselors starts to panic. They will scream, and if pre-Rage Mode Jason uses Sense he can now see you in red when you're outside (unless you occupy a hiding spot before Jason has Rage). This is also the stage where stumbling as well as lessened stamina regeneration penalties start to kick in, and if you occupy a hiding spot when Jason is nearby the counselor will talk outloud to themselves which can give away your position.
  4. Counselors are completely hysterical. Stumbling penalty becomes more severe, the screen blacks out, and if you don't have the "Nerves of Steel" perk then you lose the mini-map as well.

It's hard to track down a solid idea of how Sense works because we have no official confirmation from the devs on how it detects people. There was a game where a mass majority of people left the game at the start, and the only other two left alive stayed in the cabin they started off in from the get-go...I'm assuming they were hiding under a bed or in a closet. I was able to run in the woods as A.J. using Night Owl as well as the Prepardness perk with Lone Wolf, and was relatively calm the entire time while holding a jerry can (in other words, I only had the flashlight turned on to help me reduce fear, no weapon in hand). I used outdoor light posts as well as bonfires to help reduce fear, but I never once used a hiding spot.

It wasnt until later in the game when Jason finally found me (Jason gained Rage Mode; I used a stop watch at the beginning of the match to time this). It's definitely not noise pings that gave me away since I was jogging with her the entire time. He also wasn't AFK; there were a lot of destroyed cabins that I came across when I visited the town, and I even saw Jason checking on the four seater, but he still didn't find me despite the fact I was right behind a building near the car, and Morphed away (this happened before he gained Rage Mode).

To me, Sense as well as Fear/Composure might be just bugged. I've seen reports of people claiming they could always Sense people nearby (pre-Rage mode), whereas in games I've played I could see a Jenny right in front of me yet Sense didn't make her highlight red. IMO, Composure is mainly to help deal with fear better in order to avoid reaching the stamina regeneration/stumbling penalties that occur when you hit Stage 3-4 fear.

Edited by Trident77
Typos. Fixed.

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

Shush. Your giving away our advantage. Lol. Jenny Myers main.

i only play as chad and i never really cared for fear my fear gets high when hes near and goes away when hes gona i just stun him till gets sick of me i will say it has almost fucked me when my fear is high im doing great and i keep walking into a fense  since i cant see it while jasons keep on my ass