6 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

This is off-topic, but in regards to Jenny her stamina is decent. It's literately middle ground in terms of overall stamina, and even someone like Eric is still able to jog for a good number of seconds before he would need to rest. One must remember that you're normally supposed to jog away from Jason until he uses Shift, so usually the times are a bit skewed, but you can usually play keep away from Jason if you play it smart (as well as use perks like Marathon or Restful to help).

I took this from Rydog's guide regarding stamina used when jogging/sprinting:

Running Distance

Here is approximately how long a counselor can jog (slow run) or sprint (full run) at each Stamina level. These speeds are very consistent across counselors who share the same Stamina level. This suggests that no other counselor stats or other variables affect Stamina use when running.

• Stamina 10 counselors (Tommy) can jog for 2:29 or sprint for 0:26 without stopping.
  • Stamina 9 counselors (Tiffany, Vanessa) can jog for 2:22 or sprint for 0:25 without stopping.
  • Stamina 8 counselors (Brandon) can jog for 2:16 or sprint for 0:24 without stopping.
  • Stamina 5 counselors (Jenny, Kenny) can jog for 2:00 or sprint for 0:22 without stopping.
  • Stamina 4 counselors (A.J., Adam, Chad) can jog for 1:55 or sprint for 0:20 without stopping.
  • Stamina 3 counselors (Deborah) can jog for 1:52 or sprint for 0:20 without stopping.
  • Stamina 2 counselors (Eric) can jog for 1:48 or sprint for 0:19 without stopping.

As for speed, Jenny as well as Eric are still able to outrun Jason merely by jogging. While it's true that speed becomes more useful the longer the distance, it's also true that stamina regains go a long way towards improving the running distance as well. For Jenny, 5 stamina isn't bad. It's not Vanessa/Tiffany great for sure, but it's enough to last a while before you have to either run to safety in a cabin or fight Jason to regain stamina.

Then ofc there's the fear penalties regarding stamina regen/stumbling, luck affecting stumbling chances (supposedly), etc. Long story short, Jenny is actually pretty good for acting as bait if you want to draw Jason's attention away from her team/the objectives. She can kite Jason fairly well, resist fear penalties longer than most counselors, and her stats look crappy enough that many Jasons will sometimes tunnel vision her in hopes of getting an easy job. Or, at the very least, he would much prefer chasing her compared to someone like Vanessa with her better speed/stamina.

On topic, I like A.J. compared to Deborah/Eric because she has better control over her fear, and she's more athletic compared to the two. So in terms of stealth/repair counselors, she's actually the one best one of the three when it comes to running away from Jason. Being able to resist fear better helps a lot, even if Jason is able to sense her.

As tommy said Jason is a walking stamina regenerator... AJ gets 1 baseball bat hit.. Eric/Deb > AJ

Buff AJ or stealth pls

Just now, Aaron said:

As tommy said Jason is a walking stamina regenerator... AJ gets 1 baseball bat hit.. Eric/Deb > AJ

Buff AJ or stealth pls

Jenny as well as Chad are the only counselors who can reliably get a second hit with the baseball bat. I've yet to see a baseball bat survive more than one hit using Eric, Deb, or A.J. that didn't involve using the Man at Arms perk.

Jason also has a faster swing/grab speed than the counselors, so fighting him is dangerous unless you're acting with a mob. But if you swarm Jason then it doesn't really matter which counselor you picked since multiple people armed with high stun/durability weapons are going to be a problem. Outside of mobs, you basically have to ambush him around corners or at doors, otherwise you're at a serious disadvantage speed-wise if you fight him head on while alone. Firearms can get around that limitation, but you only get one shot.

AJ herself cannot be buffed without turning her into a different character. All that can be done is to fix stealth. The solution is obvious. Stop Sense spam, treat it like stalk, give everyone a base chance to dodge sense based on stealth with composure as a secondary element. Nerf the perks that increase sense dodge chance so that if AJ uses them, the value is basically what it is now, but the perks would do very little for Vanessa. Make Jason's Sense trait increase or decrease sense chance. Now make Rage double the chance to sense.

Obviously, none of this should be done until almost all of the Jason nerfs and bugs have been stripped away and he is returned to his former greatness. These nerfs are all coming from AJ mains that try to hide, fail because stealth is a meme, and then die because they aren't Vanessa. There will be no need for a weak Jason when AJs can actually hide from him.

21 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Jenny as well as Chad are the only counselors who can reliably get a second hit with the baseball bat. I've yet to see a baseball bat survive more than one hit using Eric, Deb, or A.J. that didn't involve using the Man at Arms perk.

Jason also has a faster swing/grab speed than the counselors, so fighting him is dangerous unless you're acting with a mob. But if you swarm Jason then it doesn't really matter which counselor you picked since multiple people armed with high stun/durability weapons are going to be a problem. Outside of mobs, you basically have to ambush him around corners or at doors, otherwise you're at a serious disadvantage speed-wise if you fight him head on while alone. Firearms can get around that limitation, but you only get one shot.

lol eric and deb get more hits with every weapon without any perks.. learn how to whiff bait ... you can effectively stun jason by yourself with practice...and then there's doors and window hits which are completely safe

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

lol eric and deb get more hits without any perks.. learn how to whiff bait ... you can effectively stun jason by yourself with practice...and then there's doors and window hits which are completely safe

You can fight Jason alone for sure, but you're at a major disadvantage in terms of attack speed compared to his. Speed kills; that's one of the basic rules of combat both in-game as well as real life, and the fact that Jason can stuff a counselors' attack animations by hitting them first makes him all the more dangerous.

Keep in mind that experienced Jason players will know how to fight counselors, so even with practice you're overall at a disadvantage when fighting him since his attack/grab speed is still superior to the counselors. This is coming from someone who was lucky enough to roll an epic Swift Attacker perk (19%).

Honestly though, I'm getting tired of these debates since they're really getting off-topic, so I suppose I'll end here.

Just now, Trident77 said:

You can fight Jason alone for sure, but you're at a major disadvantage in terms of attack speed compared to his. Speed kills; that's one of the basic rules of combat both in-game as well as real life, and the fact that Jason can stuff a counselors' attack animations by hitting them first makes him all the more dangerous.

Keep in mind that experienced Jason players will know how to fight counselors, so even with practice you're overall at a disadvantage when fighting him since his attack/grab speed is still superior to the counselors. This is coming from someone who was lucky enough to roll an epic Swift Attacker perk (19%).

Honestly though, I'm getting tired of these debates since they're really getting off-topic, so I suppose I'll end here.

Timing kills speed

but go ahead and crouch walk with AJ 

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

lol eric and deb get more hits with every weapon without any perks.. learn how to whiff bait ... you can effectively stun jason by yourself with practice...and then there's doors and window hits which are completely safe

Good Jasons aren't particularly vulnerable to any of these strategies and will see them coming and know how to counter them. Granted most Jason players aren't that good. But when they are, you need at least one buddy to be safe.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Good Jasons aren't particularly vulnerable to any of these strategies and will see them coming and know how to counter them. Granted most Jason players aren't that good. But when they are, you need at least one buddy to be safe.

At a high level it becomes a mind game

The counselor will constantly cancel their attack and the Jason has to guess when the counselor will actually swing...every missed grab/swing will be punished

19 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I do agree, having a buddy is important in case you are grabbed, as stumble can occur at any time as well. But whiffbaiting is extremely effective. I think most people with negative opinions on combat are thinking of scenarios where counselors are trying to hit Jason point blank when he is expecting it. His start up frames are faster so of course he will beat you every time. The focus must be on baiting him, conditioning him, and punishing at the right moment. Force him to act first, then make your move.

Cabins are especially useful for taking advantage of your environment, as you can get plenty of easy stuns on Jason. Unfortunately most people think cabins are only good for their barricades. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I do agree, having a buddy is important in case you are grabbed, as stumble can occur at any time as well. But whiffbaiting is extremely effective. I think most people with negative opinions on combat are thinking of scenarios where counselors are trying to hit Jason point blank when he is expecting it. His start up frames are faster so of course he will beat you every time. The focus must be on baiting him, conditioning him, and punishing at the right moment. Force him to act first, then make your move.

Cabins are especially useful for taking advantage of your environment, as you can get plenty of easy stuns on Jason. Unfortunately most people think cabins are only good for their barricades. 

I actually prefer fighting outdoors as dodging shifts is easier there and less of a chance of hitting an object.

26 minutes ago, Astherisk said:

I actually prefer fighting outdoors as dodging shifts is easier there and less of a chance of hitting an object.

Outdoors is fine too of course. But Jason has a harder time with Shift indoors in my experience since his trajectory is blocked by obstacles. He can't get through doorways easily and is likely to get caught on a wall wasting his Shift. I like the large cabins for doing this, and shutting internal doors on his Shift as well.

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Outdoors is fine too of course. But Jason has a harder time with Shift indoors in my experience since his trajectory is blocked by obstacles. He can't get through doorways easily and is likely to get caught on a wall wasting his Shift. I like the large cabins for doing this, and shutting internal doors on his Shift as well.

Easier to slide outdoors :D

I have merged the thread with this one. We do not need individual posts for each counselor. Please search for a topic before creating a new one. 

8 hours ago, Astherisk said:

Instead of making these posts defending how good stealth/composure is, why not eat some bananas? I heard they're tasty. ?

Note: he enjoys phallic fruit.

8 hours ago, Astherisk said:

I love how posts like these are battles between the players that actually knows how the game works (minority) and the majority of players that think composure means you can't get sensed.

Let's be honest here, the reason you are the last player alive as AJ isn't because of her stealth/composure, but because you are being an immersed jogger staying 5 miles away from any objective and hiding.

Note: what an not-good player says.

Personally, I'm always in the thick of it, and I survive (not all of the time, but most) because I'm pretty good, not hiding like a scrub.

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm compelled to reply to this because it really sounds like you need help. Her stamina is not decent and neither is her speed, which means she is among the counselors with the worst mobility in the game. Strength doesn't go towards anything other than demasking, and that's not going to be a quick job for her with a stat of 2/10. Stealth for many reasons already mentioned by myself and others in this thread is of limited value. High Repair is also only valuable for a fraction of the match and only under pressure.

The last sentence about Luck is especially misguided, since combat ability should be a high priority for any player. It means you can always defend yourself when confronted by Jason, and acquire significant stamina to create distance if need be. Without skill in combat and the ability to maintain it with Luck, your options are always limited. Melee weapons are superior because they are usable more than once. If you shoot Jason you only buy yourself enough time until he gets up again, and then you're without a weapon.

Given your obvious lack of knowledge on the game I would really not recommend you go around assuming people haven't been playing the game for long. Because it seems quite the other way around.

No I don’t need help, I’ve been playing this game since launch and have an understanding of how the game works. My comment about luck isn’t “misguided.” We all know luck is mostly related to weapon durability and it isn’t a top priority when there’s so many weapons all over the place. Sure luck is nice to have but it isn’t as helpful as other stats. You mentioned after shooting him with a gun you become empty handed compared to melee weapon but the benefit with the flare/shotguns is you get a guaranteed stun whereas with melee you’re at risk of getting grabbed & killed.

Relating to AJ, yea her stamina is decent. Yes she is on the lower end but that doesn’t make them horrible. 2 or 3/10 stamina is bad for me but I guess that’s more of my opinion. I meant to say they haven’t been playing the game with AJ long enough to know her play style, sorry if it came off the wrong way. 

3 hours ago, Astherisk said:

Doesn't play as AJ, but comments on her like he knows exactly how she plays. Ok, gotcha.

Also, monkey? RACIST.

*EDIT* Looks like either Astherisk or a mod deleted his racist post, lol. A ban would be nice, too.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, Tommy86 said:

Buggzy is not a discount Vanessa, not even close. He truly is single purpose, and a short lived one at that. The way to fix him is to actually make Strength a more meaningful stat

Like, for example, having the boat beached on shore instead of already in the water, and requiring him to perform a Strength-based QTE to push it into the water?

• Like 1