1 hour ago, Just Hit X Tommy said:

And this is why stealth is an irrelevant stat. Jason is not chasing pings at the start of the match (or really any time outside the last counselor standing if i don't have rage) he's objective checking/protecting.  Anyone who is not near an objective is meaningless to the game so i don't care that she's sneakily found a part. I can't stress this enough to people who play this game. IF YOU ARE NOT AT AN OBJECTIVE YOU ARE NO THREAT TO JASON (unless you are kiting) and if you are no threat it doesn't matter what character you play. You can have 10 in every stat or 1 in every stat. If you aren't at the objectives you don't matter unless you are kiting and wasting Jason's time.  

How is it irrelevant? If Jason is tracking you by pings why would I ever want him to see me moving in the direction of an objective caring one of the items.  Once you have the gas/battery/propeller and you have the ability to repair something you better head off in that direction to fix it. Half of the time Jason is distracted by noisy players and is chasing them. As long as you don’t mess up the QTE you’re gonna to fix it.

If Jason is randomly morphing between the phone and 4 seater it means he’s a bad Jason. When I play Jason I watch the sound the pings and keep an eye on my map. If people are heading toward the objective or if a trap is cut then you morph. Otherwise, you wasted the ability and then you can’t react to someone fixing the far off objective and your left holding your dick.  

AJ is fine the way she is. High composure, steath, and repair. If you prefer fighters she isn't for you. But she is pretty great for sneak repairs. Today I put together the two seater and phone box and escaped all in the same match.

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Stealth and Composure is of so little value in the game that believing these stats are responsible for your success is simply misguided. No amount of long-winded posts is going to convince me otherwise.

I didn't really know what to think about Composure at first but after trying Jenny I realised that Composure is hands down the most important stat for MY playstyle. Yes, composure is not the reason that you fix an objective and escape. However, composure is the sole reason why I've survived the night multiple times as the "final girl" (or final guy as Mitch). Simply because these counselors almost never reach maximum fear and you don't get the stamina regeneration penalty. You can have a high stamina character in Vanessa sure, but she will freak out, and then her stamina is basically useless. Whereas Jenny will almost always have her normal stamina regen.

I personally find little use for Strength since I am never trying to go for the kill anyways.

AJ is one of the most well rounded characters in the game. If you think she needs a buff then you haven’t been playing the game for very long. Her stamina/ strength are decent, has good repair, composure & stealth. What more could u want? Luck doesn’t really matter if you don’t plan on fighting back with melee weapons.

After reading through this thread... I can't help but feel that people that want AJ's stats "buffed" should really just play as Fox. There are multiple counselors with different stats for a reason. 

• Like 2

To be fair, a good Jason player will be constantly making choices on how and when to use his abilities and whether or not the situation requires him to stay at an objective, to constantly morph between objectives or to chase a counselor to take him out of the equation.

With that in mind, AJ's stats do allow her to move around without alerting Jason too much and then get stuff done quickly while he is busy contesting a different objective. Doesn't necessarily mean she would be my first choice, though.

AJ sucks because stealth sucks. Stealth sucks because Jason can just spam sense and toggle it on and off to keep it from going on cooldown for more than three seconds. If the devs fixed this and made other tweaks to stealth and stealth perks then stealth would become a viable playstyle. But they're too busy nerfing Jason in ways that he never needed to be nerfed, such as how he breaks windows, how he fights and how he grabs people.

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Do you mean repair under pressure or repair reliably at all? Because you are sorely mistaken if you think counselors with low repair stats can't repair just as well when Jason isn't there. What you say would be OP, which is a fast counselor who can repair, I already get with Vanessa.  I run the parts and I repair myself, all that is required is cancelling out of the QTE until I'm down to 5 steps. Perfect repairs are possible without alerting Jason. Why am I doing repairs in the first place? Because the AJs are losing all their stamina just trying to get there.

I was just referring to the fact that there will never be counselors with high repair stats together with high speed/stamina stats. 

I also main Vanessa and do the same as you. I was just talking about stats since the OP was about buff on AJ stats. Hope now it's more clear.

39 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

AJ sucks because stealth sucks. Stealth sucks because Jason can just spam sense and toggle it on and off to keep it from going on cooldown for more than three seconds. If the devs fixed this and made other tweaks to stealth and stealth perks then stealth would become a viable playstyle. But they're too busy nerfing Jason in ways that he never needed to be nerfed, such as how he breaks windows, how he fights and how he grabs people.

Don't you mean composture though? Or both, at least?

4 minutes ago, JulianVK said:

Don't you mean composture though? Or both, at least?

No, I'm not talking about stats. I mean that the stealth playstyle and concept is worthless because Jason can just spam sense over and over to constantly keep you in sight while overpowering any stealth perks you may have.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

No, I'm not talking about stats. I mean that the stealth playstyle and concept is worthless because Jason can just spam sense over and over to constantly keep you in sight while overpowering any stealth perks you may have.

Gotcha.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Sigh...that spam Sense has got to go although I will admit it's a nice ability to have as Jason but it breaks the Sense resistance perk rolls, rendering them pretty much useless.

I play AJ about as much as I do any other counselor, and I like her- but only cuz the cat shirt is cool :(

At least with my playstyle, she's the objectively worst counselor. If I want to repair, I'm gonna go with Deborah or Eric. Having good repair necessarily means you're gonna have lower stamina/speed- at least with them, their higher luck gives me a fighting chance. When I'm kiting Jason as an unathletic character, especially when Rage is already active, I need those bat/wrench hits for the stamina to get to the next cabin cluster. With AJ, I've only got 1 or 2 hits with the bat and maybe 4 with the wrench. Their 10/10 repair also makes repairing the phonebox silently a lot less of a gamble, which can be important on the Jarvis House since his morph spot is directly next to it <_<. Plus Deb's 9/10 stealth means basically as much as AJ's 10/10 unless she's got a good Lightfoot, but stealth is kind of a wasted stat anyway since Jasons just assume (usually correctly) that you're at an objective and spam sense to double check. Only utility I can see in it is wasting his time in a big cabin by making him hunt for you room to room.

..she also triggers me a little bit :P since most the people I see in PUBs using her are too immersed hunting for pocket knives to bother tanking the trap at the car she brought the battery to. The only reason to play a repair character is because you can repair under pressure- anyone can fix shit with 0 pressure, even Tiffany. When I tank the trap as Vanessa or Chad and ask AJ to install it and call while I protect the box, I can usually count on them to run away as soon as the chase music starts up. Then he retraps it. No objective gets done cuz AJ is too spooked even tho im the one doing the fighting. Jason is actually pretty vulnerable to counselors- I think if more new players read/applied the data in Rydog's guide, there'd be a lot less misinformation and a lot more badass players out there B) you've got like 20 seconds of sprinting but 2 MINUTES of jogging AJ. Don't be afraid to repair in his face!

AJ is a cool character. I like her design and whole Violet/JJ mash-up- I think that's what attracts a lot of new players to her. But tbh I'd have the avg Kenny on my team over the avg AJ.

ps devs give us an actual tutorial and accurate stat descriptions pls, new players shouldnt need to go through a third party to find out that luck affects car starting time or that there's a range where sense is guaranteed to work regardless of your fear level/whatever ACTUALLY affects sense chance cuz so little of the information we get is accurate ahhHHHHHHHHH

• Like 2

AJ is the best character for surviving and staying away from Jason, IMO.

Her detection rate is low, especially with the right perks. Add in silent jogging, and she’s potent.

When I’m killed with her, 9/10 times I am last or second-to-last killed.

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Well you can't have max stealth & composure.

You have to manage. A 7 in composure is manageable with perks, and it will just as good as stealth.

5 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Well you can't have max stealth & composure.

You have to manage. A 7 in composure is manageable with perks, and it will just as good as stealth.

I'm not sure what you're even talking about to be honest.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm not sure what you're even talking about to be honest.

You said stealth sucks because Jason can still see you with sense.

AJ only has 7 composure so she's still vulnerable to be sensed close to Jason without a perk. 

Just now, Armani👑 said:

You said stealth sucks because Jason can still see you with sense.

AJ only has 7 composure so she's still vulnerable to be sensed close to Jason without a perk. 

Even Jenny with 10 composure is still going to be sensed, no matter how many perks she has, because Jason can just spam sense over and over.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Even Jenny with 10 composure is still going to be sensed, no matter how many perks she has, because Jason can just spam sense over and over.

Not many Jasons will spam sense over and over again until there's not many people left. There's usually many people red in the beginning and middle of match.

Only towards the end when the stealthy & composure counslers are left that he'd start doing that

Just about every single Jason spams sense over and over again. He has no reason to not do so while chasing someone, walking over to a knife to pick it up, and generally waiting for his morph to recover so he can check another objective.

You may be able to dodge him with stealth perks early on, having him go after another player but this will only help you if that player tries to lead him to a different place instead of looping windows in the same building you're hiding in. And being stealthy is no comfort when Jason has rage, which is roughly the last half or third of the match. At that point almost everyone will be dead or escaped.

I would say that the only value of stealth perks is that if Jason morphs in and activates sense, you may, with enough perks, have a good chance of dodging the first sense and then you can hide under a bed before he can toggle it on a second time. That would be useful pre-rage, but not as useful as running medic, thick skinned and a perk that makes the police show up faster.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Astherisk said:

AJ is way too weak right now, I say we remove 5 stealth and add all of it into luck, so that she will have 6 luck like vanessa, then remove 4 composure and add those into speed. I believe this would make AJ a much better character as she is easily by far the worst character right now.

Thanks for reading!

The real issue is that AJ is a lonewolf with no way to defend herself. Stealth is a pretty bad stat the more you play, and composure doesn't help with sense. Why play AJ when you have Mitch and Deborah? She can't work in a team or she'll die. She can't solo or she'll die as well. Her and Tiffany are in awkward situations, and oddly both have high stealth. 

11 hours ago, Raskkii said:

However, composure is the sole reason why I've survived the night multiple times as the "final girl" (or final guy as Mitch). Simply because these counselors almost never reach maximum fear and you don't get the stamina regeneration penalty. You can have a high stamina character in Vanessa sure, but she will freak out, and then her stamina is basically useless. Whereas Jenny will almost always have her normal stamina regen.

You can believe Composure is responsible for your survival if you like, but I do not. I also know that the impact Fear has on stamina is negated by landing hits on Jason, which is the biggest stamina boost you can receive. Over half a bar per hit approximately, which basically makes Jason a walking stamina regenerator. That means the better a counselor's Luck stat is, the better their ability to maintain their stamina regardless of Composure.

I also don't believe you are never gaining any significant Fear level or able to maintain your stamina around Jason purely relying on Composure, rather than combat. That would mean you are never exposed to Jason for prolonged periods of time, and if you are playing as Jenny who is basically forced to deal with Jason due to bad mobility, I especially think that's a stretch. The way Fear also operates is that the more Composure you have, the harder it is to lose Fear once you have gained it. It is like a bucket, and the more Composure, the deeper the bucket is, so consequently it takes longer to pour the Fear out. Therefore high Composure is a double-edged sword.

EDIT: Additionally, I will once again mention that a Jason in Rage will find you no matter what Fear level you're at. So even the benefits of avoiding detection with high Composure are nullified at that point, even if the stat is maxed out it will not protect you from being located and forced to deal with Jason.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, doitagain said:

AJ is one of the most well rounded characters in the game. If you think she needs a buff then you haven’t been playing the game for very long. Her stamina/ strength are decent, has good repair, composure & stealth. What more could u want? Luck doesn’t really matter if you don’t plan on fighting back with melee weapons.

I'm compelled to reply to this because it really sounds like you need help. Her stamina is not decent and neither is her speed, which means she is among the counselors with the worst mobility in the game. Strength doesn't go towards anything other than demasking, and that's not going to be a quick job for her with a stat of 2/10. Stealth for many reasons already mentioned by myself and others in this thread is of limited value. High Repair is also only valuable for a fraction of the match and only under pressure.

The last sentence about Luck is especially misguided, since combat ability should be a high priority for any player. It means you can always defend yourself when confronted by Jason, and acquire significant stamina to create distance if need be. Without skill in combat and the ability to maintain it with Luck, your options are always limited. Melee weapons are superior because they are usable more than once. If you shoot Jason you only buy yourself enough time until he gets up again, and then you're without a weapon.

Given your obvious lack of knowledge on the game I would really not recommend you go around assuming people haven't been playing the game for long. Because it seems quite the other way around.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm compelled to reply to this because it really sounds like you need help. Her stamina is not decent and neither is her speed, which means she is among the counselors with the worst mobility in the game. Strength doesn't go towards anything other than demasking, and that's not going to be a quick job for her with a stat of 2/10. Stealth for many reasons already mentioned by myself and others in this thread is of limited value. High Repair is also only valuable for a fraction of the match and only under pressure.

The last sentence about Luck is especially misguided, since combat ability should be a high priority for any player. It means you can always defend yourself when confronted by Jason, and acquire significant stamina to create distance if need be. Without skill in combat and the ability to maintain it with Luck, your options are always limited. Melee weapons are superior because they are usable more than once. If you shoot Jason you only buy yourself enough time until he gets up again, and then you're without a weapon.

Given your obvious lack of knowledge on the game I would really not recommend you go around assuming people haven't been playing the game for long. Because it seems quite the other way around.

do u play on xbox?

14 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Her stamina is not decent and neither is her speed, which means she is among the counselors with the worst mobility in the game.

This is off-topic, but in regards to Jenny her stamina is decent. It's literately middle ground in terms of overall stamina, and even someone like Eric is still able to jog for a good number of seconds before he would need to rest. One must remember that you're normally supposed to jog away from Jason until he uses Shift, so usually the times are a bit skewed, but you can usually play keep away from Jason if you play it smart (as well as use perks like Marathon or Restful to help).

I took this from Rydog's guide regarding stamina used when jogging/sprinting:

Running Distance

Here is approximately how long a counselor can jog (slow run) or sprint (full run) at each Stamina level. These speeds are very consistent across counselors who share the same Stamina level. This suggests that no other counselor stats or other variables affect Stamina use when running.

• Stamina 10 counselors (Tommy) can jog for 2:29 or sprint for 0:26 without stopping.
  • Stamina 9 counselors (Tiffany, Vanessa) can jog for 2:22 or sprint for 0:25 without stopping.
  • Stamina 8 counselors (Brandon) can jog for 2:16 or sprint for 0:24 without stopping.
  • Stamina 5 counselors (Jenny, Kenny) can jog for 2:00 or sprint for 0:22 without stopping.
  • Stamina 4 counselors (A.J., Adam, Chad) can jog for 1:55 or sprint for 0:20 without stopping.
  • Stamina 3 counselors (Deborah) can jog for 1:52 or sprint for 0:20 without stopping.
  • Stamina 2 counselors (Eric) can jog for 1:48 or sprint for 0:19 without stopping.

As for speed, Jenny as well as Eric are still able to outrun Jason merely by jogging. While it's true that speed becomes more useful the longer the distance, it's also true that stamina regains go a long way towards improving the running distance as well. For Jenny, 5 stamina isn't bad. It's not Vanessa/Tiffany great for sure, but it's enough to last a while before you have to either run to safety in a cabin or fight Jason to regain stamina.

Then ofc there's the fear penalties regarding stamina regen/stumbling, luck affecting stumbling chances (supposedly), etc. Long story short, Jenny is actually pretty good for acting as bait if you want to draw Jason's attention away from her team/the objectives. She can kite Jason fairly well, resist fear penalties longer than most counselors, and her stats look crappy enough that many Jasons will sometimes tunnel vision her in hopes of getting an easy job. Or, at the very least, he would much prefer chasing her compared to someone like Vanessa with her better speed/stamina.

On topic, I like A.J. compared to Deborah/Eric because she has better control over her fear, and she's more athletic compared to the two. So in terms of stealth/repair counselors, she's actually the one best one of the three when it comes to running away from Jason. Being able to resist fear better helps a lot, even if Jason is able to sense her.