Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, andtodayidied said:

AJ is my go-to character. If you think she needs to be changed you aren't using her correctly. 

She's great for lurking around the woods with parts and fixing objectives. Put Marathon & Restful perks on her and she can run a Jason around if in a pinch. Add a Level Headed or Light Foot perk if you want to be even harder to detect. I personally like to use an Epic My Dad's A Cop perk because she can fix the fuse box easily and get the cops on the scene fast.

When choosing weapons, use a shotgun, flare gun, or wrench. If you are using AJ correctly, you will really only encounter Jason once, maybe twice, in a match. Bats will stun Jason every time but you only get 1 swing with it. Pipes and wrenches are a bit of a gamble. 50/50 on if you will get a stun. Wrenches will last for quite a few hits with AJ and they are literally everywhere on every map.

Firecrackers are great to use with her as well. When a Jason shifts on you time it so you throw them towards the middle of his shift so they will go off and stun him at the end of his shift when he comes out of it to either slash or grab you. 

The only buff I think she really needs is maybe  moving her strength up to 3 or 4. Nothing drastic though. She's great as is.

THIS right here is why I love AJ and she's my go-to as well.

I'd like to add the pots/pans also work really well with AJ in a pinch for a nice stun on Jason for an escape.

The only times I've been caught with AJ is if I spawn near an objective and Jason morphs to it right away and I wasn't fast enough to hide or if I am using quick play and I go hide in a spot, some douche bag comes into the house and sees I am hiding, purposely makes noise and shines his light so the Jason player can find him/her and then uses emotes to tell Jason I'm hiding here. I've had people with Mics scream out things cause I am in the spot and then say, "Jason let me go, they are hiding the closet, get them first, you can get me later" and normally since AJ stinks at running, I get nailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trident77 said:

[...]

The only way to detect someone with Sense is when they reach Stage 3 fear (the penultimate fear stage) 

[...]

Where are you getting that from? You can sense everyone within the same neighborhood at zero fear even before you unlock shift. Besides, reaching those fear levels without Jason's presence isn't at all realistic. You'd have to be limping, diving multiple windows or tanking traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trident77 said:

1. Being near an objective doesn't make you automatically show up on Jason's sense ability, I don't even know where you're getting that. The only way to detect someone with Sense is when they reach Stage 3 fear (the penultimate fear stage) or you have Rage Mode activated. The former can be countered with A.J.'s high composure as well as maintaining good control over fear, the latter is something Jason doesn't reach until late game.

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh come on.. Like I said in the Tiffany -topic..

"Everyone has a prefered counselor and ideas for buffs that in their mind would make playing her / him more enjoyable.

In truth, no counselors should get any buffs. Not in design or perks. Counselors and their chances have been buffed enough, while Jason got nerfed a bit too much. No more I say! No more! "

Although, A. J. has a little extra junk in her trunk, so she could use a little buff to the chest area. Take a few inches from her back side perhaps?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astherisk said:

AJ is way too weak right now, I say we remove 5 stealth and add all of it into luck, so that she will have 6 luck like vanessa, then remove 4 composure and add those into speed. I believe this would make AJ a much better character as she is easily by far the worst character right now.

 

Thanks for reading!

First of all, Aj just looks so damn good in everything she wears I can't play anybody else! Just like some love Tiffany even if she's called useless. 

Her luck is the worst but maybe with Man at Arms perk you can get better weapon durability to offset her terrible luck. I haven't tried enough to see if it's great. 

AJ does have bad stamina & speed but I have Epic Marathon & Restful that I sometimes use which help a lot. I don't know what my favorite combo of perks is yet but it might be...Epics Thick Skin, Swift Attacker (must have for any counselor's) & Sucker punch (now that it's working). 

Here's how it's done.....

I'll admit the Jason wasn't very good lol. Also everyone had speed looted the whole map so I really barely had anything to work with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hancove said:

Do you also want a cookie or a slice of cake? 
There will never be counselors that are fast and can repair. They will be OP.

Do you mean repair under pressure or repair reliably at all? Because you are sorely mistaken if you think counselors with low repair stats can't repair just as well when Jason isn't there. What you say would be OP, which is a fast counselor who can repair, I already get with Vanessa.  I run the parts and I repair myself, all that is required is cancelling out of the QTE until I'm down to 5 steps. Perfect repairs are possible without alerting Jason. Why am I doing repairs in the first place? Because the AJs are losing all their stamina just trying to get there.

Onto the topic of AJ and similar counselors. All the things being spoken about here were already spoken about months ago, particularly when Rydog was here (who is the reason why there is any hard technical info about the game). What was said back then is just as true now. Stealth and Composure is of so little value in the game that believing these stats are responsible for your success is simply misguided. No amount of long-winded posts is going to convince me otherwise.

Here is the reality - the places Jason is always going to be checking are objectives. If he is not in cooldown, and is not checking on a different one, then he will be checking your one. Whether or not he has seen pings or used Sense, even if you were immune to both. This is what any competent Jason will do exactly because objectives can be completed without alerting him. For example, if you're at the phone box and he hasn't shown up, that's probably because he's busy around the 4-seater or in cooldown. That's all you have to count on against a good Jason. Anyone thinking Stealth was responsible for getting away with a repair is fooling themselves. 

Repair counselors in general are only useful for the time it takes to repair objectives (and power boxes if we're pushing it) within a match, and that's assuming they somehow manage to repair everything. I can't give you an exact time but I know it is in the seconds. I will take it further and say they are only useful for repairs done under pressure in Jason's face, where the speed is actually necessary. Any counselor with a repair stat of at least 2 is able to reliably repair when Jason isn't there. Even if picking a repair counselor in a coordinated team effort where objectives are actively contested, Deb or Eric are the better pick as they are maxed out. Eric in particular also has decent Luck to defend himself.

I'm not asking for AJ buffs personally, I don't really care. Just trying to impress upon people that only her repair stat is actually meaningful in practice, and even for that there's better counselor choices. If you're a good player you can still consistently have success with her, but it's not because you picked her specifically and ultimately you're just limiting yourself IMO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ's my main since day 1 and I enjoy playing as her, a lot. But I think her speed or stamina need some buff, yes. I honestly don't care about composure and luck and stealth isn't useful all the time, so...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astherisk said:

AJ deserves a buff, as of now she is by far the weakest character and should maybe even be removed from the game.

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen. AJ is great if you know how to play her plus she's a cutie to boot.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ's stealth is insane.  I don't know why anyone thinks she needs a buff.  I once used sense on AJ and two male counselors right in front of me, but AJ did not glow.  When I missed a shift grab and they sprinted in the other direction, I  used sense again and despite her stumbling and screaming she did not glow but the males did. I was like wtf?

Can someone confirm if she needs perks to avoid sense or is that just natural for her because of comp and stealth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

AJ's stealth is insane.  I don't know why anyone thinks she needs a buff.  I once used sense on AJ and two male counselors right in front of me, but AJ did not glow.  When I missed a shift grab and they sprinted in the other direction, I  used sense again and despite her stumbling and screaming she did not glow but the males did. I was like wtf?

Can someone confirm if she needs perks to avoid sense or is that just natural for her because of comp and stealth?

Sense detection has NOTHING to do with Stealth. Fear governs detection ability by Sense. Fear gain/loss and stumble/mumble chance is governed by Composure. Sense avoidance perks and Fear mitigation perks help with Sense non-detection.

There is a write-up here I did talking about the basics of how Sense works. Hope it helps answer your question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think her current stats don't really reflect her character/archetype well. Everyone else is pretty much perfect the way they are, but A.J. stands out to me because of how unfitting her statistics are.

For someone who is described as 'tough-as-nails' on her profile, she has terrible Strength and Luck. With only 3 points in total, this makes her the worst combatant in the in the game.

I think these changes would benefit her more than it would now:

Composure: 7 to 5

Luck: 1 to 2

Repair: 7 to 6

Speed: 4 to 5

Stamina: 4 to 5

Stealth: 10 to 6

Strength: 2 to 6

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prons said:

I agree. I don't get how she's so good at stealth but Jason keeps finding me. Like I'm crouching in the woods wearing all black, and he just seems to know where I am... 

Because he uses sense to see you red, which is composure, not stealth. Work on keeping the flashlight on while in the dark or outside alone, to keep her from becoming nervous.

 

 

OT - No, stealth makes AJ stand out. She can get around without being heard at the beginning of the match to find parts for escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Do you mean repair under pressure or repair reliably at all? Because you are sorely mistaken if you think counselors with low repair stats can't repair just as well when Jason isn't there. What you say would be OP, which is a fast counselor who can repair, I already get with Vanessa.  I run the parts and I repair myself, all that is required is cancelling out of the QTE until I'm down to 5 steps. Perfect repairs are possible without alerting Jason. Why am I doing repairs in the first place? Because the AJs are losing all their stamina just trying to get there.

Onto the topic of AJ and similar counselors. All the things being spoken about here were already spoken about months ago, particularly when Rydog was here (who is the reason why there is any hard technical info about the game). What was said back then is just as true now. Stealth and Composure is of so little value in the game that believing these stats are responsible for your success is simply misguided. No amount of long-winded posts is going to convince me otherwise.

Here is the reality - the places Jason is always going to be checking are objectives. If he is not in cooldown, and is not checking on a different one, then he will be checking your one. Whether or not he has seen pings or used Sense, even if you were immune to both. This is what any competent Jason will do exactly because objectives can be completed without alerting him. For example, if you're at the phone box and he hasn't shown up, that's probably because he's busy around the 4-seater or in cooldown. That's all you have to count on against a good Jason. Anyone thinking Stealth was responsible for getting away with a repair is fooling themselves. 

Repair counselors in general are only useful for the time it takes to repair objectives (and power boxes if we're pushing it) within a match, and that's assuming they somehow manage to repair everything. I can't give you an exact time but I know it is in the seconds. I will take it further and say they are only useful for repairs done under pressure in Jason's face, where the speed is actually necessary. Any counselor with a repair stat of at least 2 is able to reliably repair when Jason isn't there. Even if picking a repair counselor in a coordinated team effort where objectives are actively contested, Deb or Eric are the better pick as they are maxed out. Eric in particular also has decent Luck to defend himself.

I'm not asking for AJ buffs personally, I don't really care. Just trying to impress upon people that only her repair stat is actually meaningful in practice, and even for that there's better counselor choices. If you're a good player you can still consistently have success with her, but it's not because you picked her specifically and ultimately you're just limiting yourself IMO. 

I guarantee no one will attempt to debunk this..

AJ or stealth needs a buff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichWalk9891 said:

Personally, I think her current stats don't really reflect her character/archetype well. Everyone else is pretty much perfect the way they are, but A.J. stands out to me because of how unfitting her statistics are.

For someone who is described as 'tough-as-nails' on her profile, she has terrible Strength and Luck. With only 3 points in total, this makes her the worst combatant in the in the game.

I think these changes would benefit her more than it would now:

Composure: 7 to 5

Luck: 1 to 2

Repair: 7 to 6

Speed: 4 to 5

Stamina: 4 to 5

Stealth: 10 to 6

Strength: 2 to 6

 

Isn't that who Fox is pretty much? I haven't looked at her stats lately but maybe she has a bit more luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

It was the other way around.

It was both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Armani👑 said:

OT - No, stealth makes AJ stand out. She can get around without being heard at the beginning of the match to find parts for escape.

And this is why stealth is an irrelevant stat. Jason is not chasing pings at the start of the match (or really any time outside the last counselor standing if i don't have rage) he's objective checking/protecting.  Anyone who is not near an objective is meaningless to the game so i don't care that she's sneakily found a part. I can't stress this enough to people who play this game. IF YOU ARE NOT AT AN OBJECTIVE YOU ARE NO THREAT TO JASON (unless you are kiting) and if you are no threat it doesn't matter what character you play. You can have 10 in every stat or 1 in every stat. If you aren't at the objectives you don't matter unless you are kiting and wasting Jason's time.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

Isn't that who Fox is pretty much? I haven't looked at her stats lately but maybe she has a bit more luck...

I forgot about Fox's stats, and you're right, the stats I provided looks almost the same as Fox. I'll change it up a bit:

Composure: 7 to 5

Luck: 1 to 2

Repair: 7 to 6

Speed: 4 to 5

Stamina: 4 to 6

Stealth: 10 to 6

Strength: 2 to 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Just Hit X Tommy said:

And this is why stealth is an irrelevant stat. Jason is not chasing pings at the start of the match (or really any time outside the last counselor standing if i don't have rage) he's objective checking/protecting.  Anyone who is not near an objective is meaningless to the game so i don't care that she's sneakily found a part. I can't stress this enough to people who play this game. IF YOU ARE NOT AT AN OBJECTIVE YOU ARE NO THREAT TO JASON (unless you are kiting) and if you are no threat it doesn't matter what character you play. You can have 10 in every stat or 1 in every stat. If you aren't at the objectives you don't matter unless you are kiting and wasting Jason's time.  

Simply because AJ is AJ makes her a threat. She has high repair. 

 

And it's not always about being at the objective. You kill people as you hear or sense between going to check the objective, especially later on in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The counselors are fine as is, put on perks, and quit making posts saying "so and so is useless, or "so an so needs a buff". Use what you have, or don't use them , its that simple, its been 6 months since launch, things aren't going to change about the counselors, so get over it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trident77 said:

If A.J. fixes objectives successfully (no misses on the QTEs) then Jason isn't alerted. Furthermore, her maxed stealth means she can't be found while jogging unless she ran out of stamina or is critically injured, and with an epic(?) Light Foot perk she can even sprint silently. On top of this her composure is very high; she can resist showing up on Jason's Sense radar even if he's nearby as long as he doesn't know where she's at, which means she can silently jog away if Jason doesn't know someone is currently at the objective. She won't always be near the objective when he shows up, and might just be doing a routine checkup to make sure no one is trying anything.

So it's entirely possible for A.J. to fix an objective silently, and since most Jasons will typically Morph between the four seater as well as the phone box, the two-seater as well as boat are the best objectives for her to fix if she's alone. But she's also a good candidate to silently fix the phone box, and Jason might be distracted by someone drawing aggro from him to notice on the map that his trap was disarmed by a pocket knife at some point during his chase.

Stealth is fine; it has its uses. A.J. doesn't need to be altered into a completely different gameplay, she just needs more reasons to want to travel away from cabins. Visiting campsites that have more reasons to be visited (e.g. items) would help, especially since a considerable number of counselors freak out very quickly when they're alone in the woods.

I 100% agree with you, I’ve tried the other councelors and their play styles are not for me. The high stealth and composure make it easy to survive with her, and being able to ninja your way around the camp fixing objectives makes here one of the most valuable councelors.

Yes she’s weak, and yes her luck is terrible but her roll isn’t to fight Jason. As you pointed out she can easily sneak away as long as Jason doesn’t see her, half of the time he’s going to focus in on a noisy character. There are 3 stealth perks that complement her nicely, two avoid sense, and the 3rd lets you run quietly. This turns her into a true ninja.  The only way Jason has a good chance to counter this is to cut the power forcing you repair them to stay hidden.

 I rotate between Aj, Adam, Fox and the Hippy, only because I like being characters that can actually do something to compete a goal.  In pubs if I’m not playing a smarter character, the objectives aren’t getting fixed and no one survives.  The only reason I pick Adam or Fox is so I have the option to fight Jason because I’ve gotten bored of being the stealth ninja

When this happens I’m usually the “Final Girl” and die as I run out of options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×