Sign in to follow this  
Jason LivesVI

Shift Grab Ideas\Questions

First off I never played before the nerf so forgive me, is the idea to shift behind them and end shift behind them? Do you shift through there body then stop? Which direction to you push with the grab?    Is it practical to shift past them a bit, spin 360 then come from the front? I seem to lose my direction after I end shift and dunno where they are in time for grab range. Would you work shift past them, enter combat to lock on then cancel grab? Is it easier to shift slash and if so how

Welcome to the forums. Here is one of my post-patch matches where I make some good shift-grabs. I apologize for the poor framerate. Apparently OBS decided to take a dump.

What you want to do is end the shift in front of their direction of running and let them kind of run into you and then grab. I always try to make sure I start shift while out of sight because if they have their camera on you when you shift, Jason will appear as an icon on their minimap and they will be able to avoid you.

If you are chasing them directly in front of you, try shifting in an arc like a semi-circle to get a better shot at grabbing them. Never, EVER make the mistake of trying to start shift while very close to someone and then trying to end it and grab them all in less than 3 seconds. If you have shift and want to use it, let them get a bit of distance from you and shift at them from an unexpected angle. This will give you more time to line up your shot and makes them feel a bit safer which will make it easier to grab them.

Also, Jason still occupies physical space while shifting. He still has collision active on his body. Jason cannot shift THROUGH people. Jason can block counselors from going through door ways if he shifts into it before they get through, for example. Jason can also shift over set bear traps, so don't think you always have to step in the trap. This way, you can potentially get them to run into their own trap while they try to run away.