[IllFonic]Courier

Regarding the upcoming patch - 11.27.17

Ohhhhhh I can't wait for bots

I'd get to be Jason every time!

3 hours ago, Gooby said:

The only bugs i've noticed nowadays are some counselors turning invincible under some beds (As in Jason can't damage them no matter what), and also Jason not being able to open some of the drawers (Not enough space for the animation, i'd assume).

•  X key suddenly stops working as counselor
  •  Jason suddenly can't grab or swing his weapon until he is hit.
  •  Car jumping up in the air
  • The barricade action is sometimes hard to trigger and you have to move a little first
  • Jasons grab knife action highlights but can't be performed
  • 16/8 killed
  • The achivement bug 
  • Flying counselors
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JPops said:

I can understand that everyone wants answers to those questions as that is what is important to you and there are some issues that will be addressed going forward and I know that is also not an ideal answer for everyone but there is not one person sitting on their hands purposefully ignoring You or actively working to deceive anyone. As soon as items whether it is a patch or new content and a date can be met then that info will be put out. Sometimes not wanting to disappoint people can look a different way.

I hope this post was beneficial and helped some understand where gun media is coming from. I apologize for the wall if text and thanks for hanging in there through it with me. 

Thank you for this. It really helps to know what's been going on behind the scenes (so to speak), and I understand how things can get lost in translation during the balancing act.

• Thanks 1

The roadmap is completely irrelevant to me at this point. I don't care about anything that's currently on it.

Fix the bugs. Get the game we CURRENTLY have working properly, and then we can talk about more content.

Grendel and Jason X?! Pointless if all the current bugs are still around. What's the appeal in Jason X if I can't move/interact?

New counselors? New maps? Again, who cares? Unless the game gets fixed, it's all useless. No amount of extra content is gonna make us forget that the game plays at an all-time low.

If they release a new content patch and these bugs are still present, I'm just gonna laugh, shake my head, and promptly uninstall from my Xbox and PC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

The roadmap is completely irrelevant to me at this point. I don't care about anything that's currently on it.

Fix the bugs. Get the game we CURRENTLY have working properly, and then we can talk about more content.

Grendel and Jason X?! Pointless if all the current bugs are still around. What's the appeal in Jason X if I can't move/interact?

New counselors? New maps? Again, who cares? Unless the game gets fixed, it's all useless. No amount of extra content is gonna make us forget that the game plays at an all-time low.

If they release a new content patch and these bugs are still present, I'm just gonna laugh, shake my head, and promptly uninstall from my Xbox and PC.

The devs clearly have a philosophy of updating the game as infrequently as possible. We don't get bugfixes, and we don't get content updates. We get large updates that include everything they were working on for months. This means that bugfixes are held ransom to the next content update. The most egregious examples of this was when the game went for two whole months without an update despite massive gamebreaking bugs occurring every single match. They couldn't just fix the issue of items glitching into the ground, they just had to package it with the small maps, along with gameplay changes that were reviled. Also I think when they added the swimsuits they broke the luck stat and waited until they added Part 4 Jason to fix it.

They most likely do this because it takes time and money to patch a game, especially on consoles, and it's cheaper and easier to bundle it all together.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

And 9 pages later, 9 pages full of questions, complaints, requests and more,  there is a complete radio silence from the dev team.

21 hours ago, Fooobar said:
  •  X key suddenly stops working as counselor
  •  Jason suddenly can't grab or swing his weapon until he is hit.
  •  Car jumping up in the air
  • The barricade action is sometimes hard to trigger and you have to move a little first
  • Jasons grab knife action highlights but can't be performed
  • 16/8 killed
  • The achivement bug 
  • Flying counselors

There is 80% chance to bug Jason, make him unable to press E or mouse left. All you need is a good timing, just use a firecrackers right under yourself while Jason grabs you, once all is done he will stun with firecrackers and let you break free. After that (with a big chance) Jason transforms in to a helpless fool. 

I'm talking about a Steam version, don't know how it works on Xbox or Station.

------

Reminder:

1) Fix the sweater (Q button doesn't work sometimes)

2) Fix the stucked E button in the air for Jarvis when he tries to kill Jason

3) Fix the god damn JASON HOUSE map, oh sorry, JARVIS HOUSE. This new map is absolutely unbalanced, the main buildings are useless, the items spawns every f. where like on the other side from the object, boat and a two seater car (seriously?), phone box in an only place everytime, propeller bug. etc. ALL experienced players hate this map, all ask to change it in a lobby. I played like 60 times on it and only five times i saw people repaired a car (lol).

4) Give an extra XP for those who kill Jason. I mean seriously, i come back as a Tommy Jarvis, unmask Jason, kill him and get like 50-100XP (5-10CP) as Tommy. Really?

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The devs clearly have a philosophy of updating the game as infrequently as possible. We don't get bugfixes, and we don't get content updates. We get large updates that include everything they were working on for months. This means that bugfixes are held ransom to the next content update. The most egregious examples of this was when the game went for two whole months without an update despite massive gamebreaking bugs occurring every single match. They couldn't just fix the issue of items glitching into the ground, they just had to package it with the small maps, along with gameplay changes that were reviled. Also I think when they added the swimsuits they broke the luck stat and waited until they added Part 4 Jason to fix it.

They most likely do this because it takes time and money to patch a game, especially on consoles, and it's cheaper and easier to bundle it all together.

I think a monthly patch is as frequently as they can feasibly do it. It's absolutely the certification process on consoles that slows down the entire process. Between actually making the fixes and getting through cert. it can easily take a month. Which, honestly, would be fine as long as a patch didn't take so many steps backwards. It stresses the importance of getting your patches right.

The lack of bug fixes, new bugs, AND nerfs to Jason's grabs included in the last patch crippled the game. That was on October 11th...So we're entering the longest stretch without a patch since launch and the game has never been in a worse state than it is now. We'll be lucky if we see this next patch by Dec. 22nd - and that patch likely won't be addressing anything to do with Jason's grab, as that is a balance issue, and not content or bug fix.

It seems like Jason won't get the attention he deserves until the new year. But in the meantime, enjoy VC and bots. Nerfed grab doesn't matter there.

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

There is no such philosophy in place. when you push multiple patches they often times clog up the certification pipeline. you can not have multiple patches in cert. This often will delay content delivery and cause an inconsistency in approvals of the patches. I believe this was covered awhile back when inquiries into content delivery were questioned in regards to patch time tables. I can understand frustrations if you run into the same bugs. Both content and bug fixes can be worked on in tandem. If you submit a patch for one thing and then find 5 more  issues well now the other 5 issues and new content are taking a back seat. Even longer if the patch holding the one fix gets kicked back. It's just the way things work. Big patches including a slew of fixes are common in any game. 

So when's the next update coming? This has been the longest wait between patches yet, right?

I wish you well, Gun Media.

On 29.11.2017 at 8:36 PM, YouWontKillMe said:

Hurry up with the achievement bug, developers! You've known about this issue for months! it has been on the back-burner, get on IT!

What system are you using? I’m on ps4 and missing only the play 500 and play 1000 matches as Jason trophys/achievements. So I rather be happy I don’t have them so I can still play the game cauz it will crash if I do have them? Is that correct? Or is this a pc or Xbox only problem? 

I wish this game went to a big name company it’s now obvious these guys are the typical “I got your money already so piss on you” People like me who backed this game a year ago do not want new clothing packs or Jason to be made a joke like he is now.

You guys have catered to the young kids who like the stupid content shit, funny thing is those kids aren’t even at the age where they could see an R rated movie , you guys are pathetic, you are not in it for the long Hall like you stated months ago, you want a quick cash grab, mean while you have lost thousands of players.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gooby said:

So when's the next update coming? This has been the longest wait between patches yet, right?

I wish you well, Gun Media.

It will only be the longest wait between patches if we have to wait until the end of December. We had two wait two whole months, from the end of June to the end of August, once.

20 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I wish this game went to a big name company it’s now obvious these guys are the typical “I got your money already so piss on you” People like me who backed this game a year ago do not want new clothing packs or Jason to be made a joke like he is now.

They used the diehard fans to get the game made. Pre-beta,they were all over the forums. They made us feel important. We were the "F13 Army" and our marching orders were clear. Spread the word about the game.

Now? Well we've outlived our usefulness. They made the game. They made money. They don't give a shit anymore.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

They used the diehard fans to get the game made. Pre-beta,they were all over the forums. They made us feel important. We were the "F13 Army" and our marching orders were clear. Spread the word about the game.

Now? Well we've outlived our usefulness. They made the game. They made money. They don't give a shit anymore.

I think they give a shit. But I also think they're in way over their heads.

This franchise has some huge shoes to fill, and I'm just not sure a small team can deliver on people's lofty expectations. Which is a shame, because the game has a very simple formula...They just can't seem to iron out the bugs. I don't know if it's inexperience with the engine or what. But the game just lacks any layer of polish whatsoever. In fact, looking back at beta footage, things actually seem less buggy. I also don't recall any bugs effecting Jason and his interactions at launch...all of those slowly creeped in over patches as they tried to change his mechanics.

On 29.11.2017 at 4:24 AM, residentchaosx said:

The whole thread still breaks down to one general thing. Fix the 100% achievement bug. THOSE are the most dedicated players. And your losing them slowly but surely

What system does this bug accure on? I’m on ps4 and except 2 I have all of the trophy’s/archievements 

Cool redesign on the forum guys - takes me back to the old Friday the 13th films forum days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Tick, tock...

I feel like a countdown to the next patch would be helpful. ;)

There's your helpful countdown to the next patch.

latest?cb=20130714091551.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think what's most troubling for me going forward is less the time it takes or doesn't take for a patch to come out. I totally buy they are held up by the certification/console nonsense.

That is something I buy.

What I find to be pretty bad is they have two community managers now right? One for Illfonic and one for Gun?

How is it that they can't at least give us WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE ADDED INTO THE NEXT PATCH IN TERMS OF CHANGES, FIXES OR CONTENT?!

There is no logical excuse why they can't give us changelogs ahead of time of what they plan on doing with the latest patch. I'm ok with them not giving me a date because again...that's tied to the bs above. But the idea that they can't even give us what it is they are working on in the latest patch in terms of the changelog itself and then you know...even modify it if something doesn't make the cut in that patch. That would go a long way, but the fact that they don't do that even now is pretty worrisome/bad.

Keeping everybody in the dark in terms of both the date of release AND WHAT'S IN IT UNTIL AFTER ITS RELEASED is a big double whammie I don't think the community is going to put up with much longer. Especially with community managers in place.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

What I find to be pretty bad is they have two community managers now right? One for Illfonic and one for Gun?

Yeah its kinda ridiculous that we have a representative for both sides of the development teams,and neither can give any solid info.

51 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I don't think the community is going to put up with much longer. Especially with community managers in place.

Look around,it's gotten to the point where everyone is pretty much fed up with how everything is handled. Nothing has changed since launch,but more and more people are done putting up with the same shit.

I agree. The lack of communication is ridiculous. I don't want to believe they don't give a shit about the game anymore, but what else can I do?

17 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Tick, tock...

I feel like a countdown to the next patch would be helpful. ;)

Another vacation,so soon?

^_^