[IllFonic]Courier

Regarding the upcoming patch - 11.27.17

23 minutes ago, token said:

I play GTA V on a high/very high setts, Friday 13 on a low/medium. This game is heavy you know. lol

On Friday the 13th you cant use your gpu at 99% he gave some "bottleneck", is bad otimization. I have this tweaks and performance improved:

https://segmentnext.com/2017/05/27/friday-the-13th-game-tweaks/

I can play 1080p at HIGH settings with 60 fps .Important detail, at Jason gameplay the huts with counselours hidden lost some shades of red.

• Like 1

Hurry up with the achievement bug, developers! You've known about this issue for months! it has been on the back-burner, get on IT!

• Like 1

Ben - can you give us any updates on dedicated servers launching on consoles in the next patch?  I don't think that is reflected on the timeline map and a heads up would be cool if you have a target date.

2 hours ago, YouWontKillMe said:

Hurry up with the achievement bug, developers! You've known about this issue for months! it has been on the back-burner, get on IT!

Maybe if you keep on them every single day about it, it will get fixed faster.

Jesus Christ. Kids today need to learn some patience. Remember when some games came out broken and stayed that way? Remember when you couldn't patch a console game at all? Remember when you actually had to go to a store/stores just to find the game you're looking for? I do and all that taught me to have a little patience in life. This instant "your way" world has spoiled people and turned them into soft, pathetic whiners that when something doesn't go their way they don't know what to do with themselves so they complain incessantly like a 6 year old.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

Jesus Christ. Kids today need to learn some patience. Remember when some games came out broken and stayed that way? Remember when you couldn't patch a console game at all? Remember when you actually had to go to a store/stores just to find the game you're looking for? I do and all that taught me to have a little patience in life. This instant "your way" world has spoiled people and turned them into soft, pathetic whiners that when something doesn't go their way they don't know what to do with themselves so they complain incessantly like a 6 year old.

I'm making my voice loud and clear for an issue that should've been fixed months ago! You clearly can't relate, so rest your fingers.

Anyway, as I was saying, developers, hurry up! We Deserve Better! Stop taking your time and get sh*t done!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

That actually is a solid idea. Do you think EA would have backtracked on those microtransactions if people weren't constantly hammering them?

Anyway, there's a difference between shouting that the sky is falling and demanding a refund or something over a grab range nerf that will likely be tweaked, and complaining that the game you paid for outright does not work due to a software issue that can only be fixed by the devs, and who knows when they will get around to that.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

That actually is a solid idea. Do you think EA would have backtracked on those microtransactions if people weren't constantly hammering them?

That was a solid burn.

• Like 1

It’s funny how I have over 500+ friends and all play f13 only 2% of which still play it while the other 98% have quit the game due to the lack of effort they put in this game to fix it. In their words. They do have a point tho . . . most of them were ppl who were here and since Kickstarter and tried sticking around. But there is a lack of effort. All these people complain about Jason’s grab range like stfu the grab range b4 was such a cheat. But although you guys could re arrange some counselors stats due to Jason’s lack of ability to grab counselors. So uh just think of how much money you’d be losing if you didn’t fix all these bugs in game. It’s nearly 2018 and dedicated servers were said to be here in 2016 but this has not happened. So all I’m saying is first work on educated servers and fixing bugs fuck adding new content.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:45 PM, MichaelMemers said:

Well, they're basically the same thing. Winter starts a few days before Christmas. Thanks for the link as well.

Winter and Christmas are two different things Christmas is a liturgical holiday while winter is a season. And winter hasn’t started yet so . . . And winter starts about the month of december so all items after snowflake will probs be here in nearly before january

Im so upset. We dedicated almost 3 weeks to achieving 100%. Would have never done it if it was going to make it unplayable. Thanks for the robotic answers and the very minimised answers, but can we even get an acknowledgement to the problem. Are you going to fix it or not. ?.

• Like 1

So I bought a physical copy for XBOX One in October and have NOT been able to play it at all, because of the 100% achievement bug.  Now that I know this is a THING, how do I get my money back?

7 hours ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

So I bought a physical copy for XBOX One in October and have NOT been able to play it at all, because of the 100% achievement bug.  Now that I know this is a THING, how do I get my money back?

they are working on fixing it. The devs can't do anything about refunding you money, they can only help the backers who purchased the game, this has been said many times.

11 hours ago, residentchaosx said:

Im so upset. We dedicated almost 3 weeks to achieving 100%. Would have never done it if it was going to make it unplayable. Thanks for the robotic answers and the very minimised answers, but can we even get an acknowledgement to the problem. Are you going to fix it or not. ?.

I can understand the frustration with this bug. It is a priority that is being looked into and it has been addressed that it is actively being investigated. Another issue being it's an inconsistent bug and they are working to replicate it, identify what is causing it and then once that is done, it will be patched. Unfortunately it is not as easy as 1,2,3. I can also understand that while that is not an ideal answer to your issue it is the current state where they are at with this. 

13 hours ago, Impuhlsively said:

It’s funny how I have over 500+ friends and all play f13 only 2% of which still play it while the other 98% have quit the game due to the lack of effort they put in this game to fix it. In their words. They do have a point tho . . . most of them were ppl who were here and since Kickstarter and tried sticking around. But there is a lack of effort. All these people complain about Jason’s grab range like stfu the grab range b4 was such a cheat. But although you guys could re arrange some counselors stats due to Jason’s lack of ability to grab counselors. So uh just think of how much money you’d be losing if you didn’t fix all these bugs in game. It’s nearly 2018 and dedicated servers were said to be here in 2016 but this has not happened. So all I’m saying is first work on educated servers and fixing bugs fuck adding new content.

Dedicated servers for consoles were not announced in 2016. The game released in 2017 and the decision to pursue dedicated servers was made some time after launch. This is unfortunately a very in depth process and certain information can not be shared due to NDA with partners and so forth but they are moving in the right direction as quickly as the process can roll ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPops said:

Dedicated servers for consoles were not announced in 2016. The game released in 2017 and the decision to pursue dedicated servers was made some time after launch. This is unfortunately a very in depth process and certain information can not be shared due to NDA with partners and so forth but they are moving in the right direction as quickly as the process can roll ahead.

I believe the first we directly heard of it was in August from Gertz.

Really disappointing announcement. 

I’m done playing for now. I’ll check out the update when it drops, but since balancing issues aren’t being addressed, I’ll likely walk away from the game again shortly after. 

It’s a shame. I’ve been a huge F13 fan since I was a kid and I’ve been playing this game and patiently hoping for the best since the day it digitally came out. This game has so much potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andtodayidied said:

Really disappointing announcement. 

I’m done playing for now. I’ll check out the update when it drops, but since balancing issues aren’t being addressed, I’ll likely walk away from the game again shortly after. 

It’s a shame. I’ve been a huge F13 fan since I was a kid and I’ve been playing this game and patiently hoping for the best since the day it digitally came out. This game has so much potential.

Had potential, but they've ruined Jason, especially Part 6 and Savini, to where they have little advantage now.

42 minutes ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Had potential, but they've ruined Jason, especially Part 6 and Savini, to where they have little advantage now.

The nerfs are annoying, the lack of dedicated servers are annoying, the glitches and frame rate issues are annoying.

But, what is really making me walk away from the game, is the poor customer service / lack of engagement and slow development of fixes from the developers. It just becomes more and more clear that Illfonic / Gun don't have what it takes to support this game or it's community of users. I'd rather do other things with my life than play and be frustrated with a video game.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:09 PM, YouWontKillMe said:

Your message is way too extra.

I'll break it down for you, this issue shouldn't have occurred anyway, the developers have been winging it since day one, someone who has all of the achievements has been waiting to play for over two months! The developers have taken ages to get started on the bug, I'm not thankful. You're not in the same boat as me, so I don't appreciate your tedious, futile message. Take that sh*t somewhere else. 

Please make a video game. Then when ANYTHING goes wrong with it regardless of how well you try to avoid it, I will hit you with the same line that it "Never should have happened in the first place."

When you are writing and CHANGING thousands of lines of code between THREE seperate platforms, the chances of bugs, glitches, crashes and UNINTENDED and UNFORSEEN issues is pretty much a guarantee. 

There is simply NO WAY for ANY developer to guarantee 100% issue free games, apps, software etc.

Go look at the app store for most of the big popular giants and I PROMISE you, you'll find dozens of customer reviews complaining about crashes, app not working, bugs etc in EVERY update version to date. And you'll see some of those issues go MONTHS before a fix because that's how long it can take to actually FIND the monkey wrench in the code causing it let alone fix the code without it breaking something else in the process.

Go operate ANY computer and tell me during regular use, you never run into crashes, errors, software malfunctions etc.

So unless you can open the games code, find the problem yourself and submit the fix to th3 devs, it's rather silly to tell them how an issue should never have happened and how it should have been fixed in X amount of time.

I tried to be empathetic to your situation and simply offer you some objective insight to help you understand that despite your valid frustration, lack of a fix doesn't nevessarily mean the devs have been ignoring it and not caring.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:24 PM, DEATH said:

Jesus Christ. Kids today need to learn some patience. Remember when some games came out broken and stayed that way? Remember when you couldn't patch a console game at all? Remember when you actually had to go to a store/stores just to find the game you're looking for?

"Hey guys, remember how things were shitty once so it's totally fine that they're shitty now? Now put that Tylenol away and slap on a few of these leeches."

2 hours ago, andtodayidied said:

The nerfs are annoying, the lack of dedicated servers are annoying, the glitches and frame rate issues are annoying.

But, what is really making me walk away from the game, is the poor customer service / lack of engagement and slow development of fixes from the developers. It just becomes more and more clear that Illfonic / Gun don't have what it takes to support this game or it's community of users. I'd rather do other things with my life than play and be frustrated with a video game.

Yeah, and we love this game so much that it sucks that they give you answers like "We're looking into this; stay tuned."

On 11/28/2017 at 5:43 PM, JPops said:

Please be mindful that the snowflake does not indicate Christmas but the winter season. 

That's the exact same damn one i posted. So what's so official about that one from mine? How about since there isn't a update this month we get a break down on whats next for dec patch/update?

And seriously, a real answer would be appreciated. Instead of these generic bot responses. We as a community deserve some honesty. Instead of hey that snowflake doesn't mean xmas. Um well duh. Its days before xmas anyway. I just want to know is all this content gonna be released on time? And is there any other news on fixes? And what are they?

Well, I was replying to others so I am not sure which post of yours that you are refrencing. Details will be forthcoming as it is available and will be discussed in coming weeks through some posts on the site as noted by courier. 

On 11/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

what he is trying to say is this content will be released before spring 

And then why dont they say that? Or at least give a damn date. I've backed this game from day one of the damn thought process and before release. I just wanted some honesty is all.

And jpops this is what i was talking about. I was just curious if this should be expected soon or later? Cause according to this map and they way it has followed suit with dates has been pretty much on point.

FB_IMG_1511893406125.jpg