[IllFonic]Courier

Regarding the upcoming patch - 11.27.17

Too many ungrateful people in one place. They can't fix things in a blink of an eye, if you think game development is that easy then you need to do some research. I understand that Jason is probably "broken" for some of you, but we already had issues 10 times worse (like the performance ones) and the team fixed it (at least for me), so learn how to have some patience. Things isn't like when we were children and cry or be "ignorant" about it was the answer to have everything we want.

You aren't going to die only because Jason's grab is "broken" and you won't be able to make some 8/8 for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Relax. 

• Like 3

Even though this statement is perfectly fine and it talks about a lot of different things, most importantly bug fixes and balance changes coming ahead besides content.

The fear is legitimate.

1. More bugs that aren't intended become a reality, because its happened before.

2. Even though they've seemingly acknowledged that Jason needs work, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll take any of the communities suggestions into consideration. Mind you, if they come up with good ideas then fine, like the fuse idea. If they come up with stuff that really doesn't add anything to Jason's gameplay, then there will be backlash.

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

They didn't say it wouldn't have any balance changes, just that it wouldn't be focused on balance. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Jason's grab up to halfway between the current state and the previous state.

It is absolutely vital to do at least this. This is not hyperbole, this is fact. Jason's grab needs to be fixed NOW.

11 minutes ago, kitcat said:

we already had issues 10 times worse (like the performance ones) and the team fixed it (at least for me)

Maybe for you, but I still see a lot of people still complaining about performance/fps issues, especially when it rains. I personally noticed a nice performance jump with the Oct. 11 patch, but the one after that saw some issues pop back up.

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Maybe for you, but I still see a lot of people still complaining about performance/fps issues, especially when it rains. I personally noticed a nice performance jump with the Oct. 11 patch, but the one after that saw some issues pop back up.

are these PC related issues? I see no issues on the console and hardwired into my network.

3 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

are these PC related issues? I see no issues on the console and hardwired into my network.

Yes, most of the people with issues like that are playing on PC. A couple patches ago I wasn't able to OPEN my game. Can you believe that? But now I can play decently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DontrelleRoosevelt said:

Are you referring to XBOX One's version, where the game crashes constantly, after getting 100%?

If this is true, then I've been dealing with this shit for over two months now, and there's NO EXCUSE for it.

Yes. Exactly.

I for one dont care about the single player content or VC. Yea theyre nice and all but not what I play this game for myself and Im sure a majority dont either. I think the single player will be short lived unless somehow Gun has found the holy grail of AI programming.

To me this game is about working together with people or terrorizing them. Its fun to frighten people and get their reactions. The ONLY thing it sound like that Ill be happy with in this patch is bug fixes BUT we dont know which bug fixes are being addressed. Do they consider they window interaction bug fixes? Is the hit detection a bug fix? and so on.

I just hope if theyre going this route with a content patch, theyll do another update within the month, December, but that seems unlikely. New content is usually a large patch and companies try to cram as much as possible into them, which means if theres not going to be balance changes this coming patch, we wont get one until probably January.

Maybe Im wrong though and Im in the minority. I just rather have the multiplayer fixed and fun again for Jason players. People shouldnt be getting upset when theyre picked as Jason in a Friday the 13th game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I for one dont care about the single player content or VC. Yea theyre nice and all but not what I play this game for myself and Im sure a majority dont either. I think the single player will be short lived unless somehow Gun has found the holy grail of AI programming.

To me this game is about working together with people or terrorizing them. Its fun to frighten people and get their reactions. The ONLY thing it sound like that Ill be happy with in this patch is bug fixes BUT we dont know which bug fixes are being addressed. Do they consider they window interaction bug fixes? Is the hit detection a bug fix? and so on.

I just hope if theyre going this route with a content patch, theyll do another update within the month, December, but that seems unlikely. New content is usually a large patch and companies try to cram as much as possible into them, which means if theres not going to be balance changes this coming patch, we wont get one until probably January.

Maybe Im wrong though and Im in the minority. I just rather have the multiplayer fixed and fun again for Jason players. People shouldnt be getting upset when theyre picked as Jason in a Friday the 13th game.

Would you rather trust some random guy playing this game or your own computer.

I'll take the bots please.

Just a small request to the developers,Ive been for the most satisfied with the game. Just PLEASE,when you decide the date for the next dlc, whatever it is, dont make us Euro and other countries wait a week! Its a simple request,yet watch them screw it up!:P

27 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Well written.

I want to play with my friends. Not bots.

And virtual cabin will be fun for 30 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Lootron said:

Would you rather trust some random guy playing this game or your own computer.

I'll take the bots please.

You do realize that the bot matches are you as Jason against bots right? You dont have to trust anything but your own skills in either scenario.

But to actually answer, I rather trust the random. Bots are usually very predictable. I like the random craziness that can happen from things being uncoordinated. It adds a bit of charm and character to each match. Can it be frustrating at times? Yes, but thats better than something being bland. 

13 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

You do realize that the bot matches are you as Jason against bots right? You dont have to trust anything but your own skills in either scenario.

But to actually answer, I rather trust the random. Bots are usually very predictable. I like the random craziness that can happen from things being uncoordinated. It adds a bit of charm and character to each match. Can it be frustrating at times? Yes, but thats better than something being bland. 

I'll take both

I love predictabillity, I don't know why, maybe because it makes it easier? I don't know man, maybe its because I play singleplayer games so much. Bots seem like real friends to me

Randy didn't really shy away from a Jason bot eventually in that recent stream. He just said it would be expensive. Same for counselor bots in multiplayer as a possibility.

Think of it this way. If they ever end up adding that feature that makes it so counselor players never play Jason, ever again. You will likely run into lobbies where everybody has that set to a preference. So then...what do you do? Force players who clearly don't want to be Jason...as Jason? Ok great, dedicated servers will fix that issue. Nope, not necessarily, because again, if you literally run into a lobby full of nothing but people set to never be Jason, all your doing is WASTING EVERYBODY ELSES TIME.

So this is where not only are the counselor bots essential not only for singleplayer, but the multiplayer aspect as well. Its very unlikely that you would run into a lobby full of all 8 players wanting to be Jason and even if you did. The more complicated thing to do would be pooling together lobbies of 7 players who only want to be counselor with the 1 person who wants to be Jason. Again though, more complications and are we sure this Dev team could handle such a task?

At least with the AI Jason in the lobby of nothing but counselor players. They could considerably buff the AI Jason to be as cheap as possible. Imagine an AI Jason that never misses a shift grab? An AI Jason that has a faster morph than the human Jason would have? This is what the counselor players are in for if they never want to be Jason again. Could be very challenging and very annoying all in one.

Translation:

”We know most people think Jason is a bitch in his own game now, and Xbox dashboards constantly, but who cares?! What you guys need is a dance emote that lets you do Kevin Bacon’s Footloose dance, and Santa Claus and Rudolph costumes...coming soon!!”

Love,

Gun and Illfonic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPops said:

You are incorrect, what was specifically stated was content and bug fixes were the focus of the next patch. Please see quote below. There are some who are unhappy with some of the balance changes and it's been also acknowledged that some balancing options will be weighed in the future and more news will be available when the scope of those changes are confirmed but that is a conversation for another day. 

Sure. But the wording suggests that issues like Jason's grab fall under "balance" and not "bug fixes". Meaning Jason's grab likely WON'T be addressed in the upcoming patch - which is a load of crap.

Sure, adding VC and offline bots might keep people busy for a couple of days. But the most important aspect of multiplayer will remain broken for...I'm guessing OVER a month, since the upcoming "content and bug fix" patch is about a month away in itself. They're essentially telling us that Jason will remain as is for at LEAST 2 months. Fuck that.

Just keep slapping makeup on the pig, Gun...It'll be pretty eventually, right?

I've lost all faith in these guys...at least for now. Maybe they'll turn it around in a month or two? We'll see. I'm just not expecting much at this point. These guys have really let us down (over and over again). Being accepting of this sort of stuff is like being in an abusive relationship and continuously going back. 

They're lucky they are pretty low on the media radar, because they would get torn to shreds. The general consensus on SM is that this game had a ton of potential but failed to deliver. It's broken in many ways, despite having glimmers of brilliance. Unfortunately that's not enough anymore.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Sure. But the wording suggests that issues like Jason's grab fall under "balance" and not "bug fixes". Meaning Jason's grab likely WON'T be addressed in the upcoming patch - which is a load of crap.

Sure, adding VC and offline bots might keep people busy for a couple of days. But the most important aspect of multiplayer will remain broken for...I'm guessing OVER a month, since the upcoming "content and bug fix" patch is about a month away in itself.

Just keep slapping makeup on the pig, Gun...It'll be pretty eventually, right?

I've lost all faith in these guys...at least for now. Maybe they'll turn it around in a month or two? We'll see. I'm just not expecting much at this point. These guys have really let us down (over and over again). Being accepting of this sort of stuff is like being in an abusive relationship and continuously going back. 

They're lucky they are pretty low on the media radar, because they would get torn to shreds. The general consensus on SM is that this game had a ton of potential but failed to deliver. It's broken in many ways, despite having glimmers of brilliance. Unfortunately that's not enough anymore.

I wish I could like this over and over again.  Honestly, I stopped playing months ago.  Way too many AAA titles have came out since then which has occupied my time.  There was a glimmer of hope a while back when we actually started to get communication on a frequent basis but after a couple of weeks it stopped.  Granted it was being done on someones personal time who wasn't the community manager which is pretty ridiculous that they had to do that since they have always had a community manager since day one.  Either way, it seems like Gun is still up to their old tricks of not giving a shit about the community they say they love so much for funding their game.  Illfonic has shown more care to the community than Gun ever has.  I respect them for that.  They are partly to blame for the state of the game as well but most of this games failure is due to the poor management, leadership, and lack of communication/community interaction on Gun's part.  Most communities can accept bugs and issues if they are being talked to and heard.  That really hasn't happened since day 1.  It did for a bit but again that was due to someone noticing there was a problem and addressing it on his personal time which is awesome but really sucky they have to work for free to pick up the slack of one lazy community manager.  

They talked about how much they loved us and appreciated us until they got our money and then dead silence.  Once paid DLC(lets not forget it was "discounted" to show how much they care, lol) came out, guess who was active again?  Now that there is no more to push, dead silence.  This has been a money grab since day one.  I am glad I never bought any of the paid DLC either.  I refuse to keep giving money to a company who doesn't care about its community and has proven it time and time again through actions and lack of words.  If this was a one or two time thing, totally understandable but this has been constant for months now.  I come back from time to time in some hope that things have changed only to be disappointed every single time.  

I have said it before and it is proving more and more to be true every single time but RIP F13.  Dwindling player numbers, actively ignoring the community(unless you are discord where everything is sunshine, rainbows, and you need to earn that brown on your nose), and lack of quality patches has destroyed a great game.  I rarely see anyone in our Xbox group play anymore and most of us were hardcore players and community members.  That is the state of the game and community which is pretty sad.  The people who care the most are ignored and leaving the game. 

• Like 2

I appreciate the update and acknowledgment that Jason needs some balancing.  Hoping the content drop includes both single player and dedicated servers.    

6 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

I appreciate the update and acknowledgment that Jason needs some balancing.  Hoping the content drop includes both single player and dedicated servers.    

You're a dreamer.

I like that about you.

2 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Christmas is "soon."  Gotta keep the hope alive.

Soon™

It's a trademark around these parts.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Sure, adding VC and offline bots might keep people busy for a couple of days. But the most important aspect of multiplayer will remain broken for...I'm guessing OVER a month, since the upcoming "content and bug fix" patch is about a month away in itself. They're essentially telling us that Jason will remain as is for at LEAST 2 months. Fuck that.

Thanks, really. I have trouble to write in proper english but you summarize my exact world really well :)
I agree with you 100%

I do appreciate the communication I guess. 

Looks like I'll pick up Wolfenstein tonight. Won't be coming back to this game anytime soon it seems.

• Like 2

I agree people are too much hostile in this thread. But after a month of complains and discussions without any feedback from the devs I think they could have given more details today instead of the usual (and a bit annoying) "next weeks", "near future", "some works is needed" etc. 

I don't think there is nothing wrong if they had told us, for example, that they are working on combat systems and looking after an improvment of Jason's grab among other things, or finding new ideas for gameplay or other stuff, anything more detailed that "next weeks" or "some work on balance".  

By the way, I'm all in for waiting more time in order to have a better patch. Let's hope the new features will give us an even better game. 

16 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We acknowledge that Jason currently requires some additional tuning and we will be releasing a few posts in these following weeks with information regarding some of the recent balance changes.

Very interested in what you guys have to say.