Jump to content
[IllFonic]Courier

Regarding the upcoming patch - 11.27.17

Recommended Posts

Hey, at least he confirmed that they are aware that Jason's balance needs tinkering. That's something. But the sooner he's fixed, the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

The only hint we can provide right now is this: check the planned content road map.

Oh I see, so what ur saying is, that first new map after the pumpkin is gonna be the spaceship map and the new Jason after the snowflake is Jason X.

YES! Thanks for the update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Davidt said:

So next patch will include vc 2 and bots is that what u telling me by saying look at road map?

Most likely. Maybe a demo for the single player too if we're lucky. There's no confirmation of anything.

Quote

Oh I see, so what ur saying is, that first new map after the pumpkin is gonna be the spaceship map and the new Jason after the snowflake is Jason X.

Given the Paranoia announcement and all the Part V esqueness of it, I'm of the view that if the Jason X stuff is happening it won't be for some time and that the next map and Jason are Part V content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Most likely. Maybe a demo for the single player too if we're lucky. There's no confirmation of anything.

Yes no confirmation but the things I mentioned are next 2 items on the map so by saying look at road map next patch must include 1 if not both modes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

No rebalancing?

Well, you are really digging your own grave.

They didn't say it wouldn't have any balance changes, just that it wouldn't be focused on balance. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Jason's grab up to halfway between the current state and the previous state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...the game will remain as is for another 3-4 weeks. Roger that.

Think we already knew there was no November patch, considering it's already the 28th...Hopefully the team knows how important it is to get this next one right.

Can't believe we have to put up with another month of Mr. Magoo Jason though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

They didn't say it wouldn't have any balance changes, just that it wouldn't be focused on balance. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Jason's grab up to halfway between the current state and the previous state.

We have to hope for the best. Right now they are killing off the fans.

 

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

So...the game will remain as is for another 3-4 weeks. Roger that.

Think we already knew there was no November patch, considering it's already the 28th...Hopefully the team knows how important it is to get this next one right.

Can't believe we have to put up with another month of Mr. Magoo Jason though.

I could live with that if the patch really worked out things. Fixed bugs, balance and added a couple of new bug free features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

There are currently no planned patches to be released during November
this will not be a balance focused patch.
We acknowledge that Jason currently requires some additional tuning

So you know that Jason at the moment sucks but you are not working on balance ? Are you serious ? A game that revolve around Jason and pvp and you are not working on balance ? LOL

People need bug fix and balance fix, not new costume or else, the main issues right now are the incredible number of bugs, glitches and balance problem
I'm going to uninstall this game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the upcoming bug fixes include fixing the failing hit and grab detection for Jason I will be pleased.

If not, Illfonic is really stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

So, when do we think the update is coming? Has to be two weeks minimum or else they'd have an ETA.

It's coming to late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, YouWontKillMe said:

What about the "unlocking all of the achievements" bug? 

Are you referring to XBOX One's version, where the game crashes constantly, after getting 100%?

 

If this is true, then I've been dealing with this shit for over two months now, and there's NO EXCUSE for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

So...the game will remain as is for another 3-4 weeks. Roger that.

Think we already knew there was no November patch, considering it's already the 28th...Hopefully the team knows how important it is to get this next one right.

Can't believe we have to put up with another month of Mr. Magoo Jason though.

I think the strategy they will follow here is release the virtual cabin, let's us get entertained with that while they work in the balance issues, not really the best of the ideas if you ask me but well.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get why everyone is so hostile in this thread. The first post clearly mentions they are working on bugs for the next update. Be patient. It’s not like a big company is making this game. I am excited that they are fairly proactive in updating this game. Looking forward to the new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rycornog said:

I don’t get why everyone is so hostile in this thread. The first post clearly mentions they are working on bugs for the next update. Be patient. It’s not like a big company is making this game. I am excited that they are fairly proactive in updating this game. Looking forward to the new content.

Because after one month since the last patch, after an incredible number of posts and complains about balances and bug, the first and only OFFICIAL post regard those issue is "we're not working on balances or bug fixes". Seriously ? They were being silent for one month, no comments, nothing related the last patch and now they come up with this post ? To me this is a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez, you guys are acting like november will last forever. It's already November 28th, so calm down a little!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Geez, you guys are acting like november will last forever. It's already November 28th, so calm down a little!

I don't care if the new patch will be released tomorrow or in a year, i care about the content of the new patch but, based on the original post, the new patch is not what i was waiting for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

Because after one month since the last patch, after an incredible number of posts and complains about balances and bug, the first and only OFFICIAL post regard those issue is "we're not working on balances or bug fixes". Seriously ? They were being silent for one month, no comments, nothing related the last patch and now they come up with this post ? To me this is a joke

You are incorrect, what was specifically stated was content and bug fixes were the focus of the next patch. Please see quote below. There are some who are unhappy with some of the balance changes and it's been also acknowledged that some balancing options will be weighed in the future and more news will be available when the scope of those changes are confirmed but that is a conversation for another day. 

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

 A majority of this upcoming patch will be focused on introducing new content and fixing bugs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this post should be a little relief or celebration of things finally getting addressed.. maybe not exactly the way we all want, but they are fixing things, it takes time, but wow, the amount of people shitting on them is amazing. I am shocked this thread is not locked. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just glad they acknowledged the balance issues. Was afraid the complaints were falling on deaf ears. 

 

Make Jason Great Again

 

12 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

this post should be a little relief or celebration of things finally getting addressed.. maybe not exactly the way we all want, but they are fixing things, it takes time, but wow, the amount of people shitting on them is amazing. I am shocked this thread is not locked. SMH

Yea there far too many ignorant “fans” in this community. They have no idea how game development works or what goes into making even the simplest of patches. Then on top of that they compare Gun/Illfonic to an Activision or Bungie. It’s ridiculous. Altho I guess it’s a testament to Gun and Illfonics success. They are a tiny company with a game that’s compared to that of a billion dollar conglomerate 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Wick said:

Yea there far too many ignorant “fans” in this community. They have no idea how game development works or what goes into making even the simplest of patches. Then on top of that they compare Gun/Illfonic to an Activision or Bungie. It’s ridiculous. Altho I guess it’s a testament to Gun and Illfonics success. They are a tiny company with a game that’s compared to that of a billion dollar conglomerate 

Agreed 100%, people need to calm down a bit and let IIIFONIC and Gun do what's needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×