The idea of the dead bodies spawning in various areas after the counselor is dead is fantastic! Would definitely make it more frightening and suspenseful just like the movies!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

The idea of the dead bodies spawning in various areas after the counselor is dead is fantastic! Would definitely make it more frightening and suspenseful just like the movies!

Thanks. I would really like to see something like this done to better capture the vibe of the movies and Jason's tendency to leave little decorations scattered everywhere.:P

PERKS – Consolidated (re-imagined) – trying to make less useful perks more desirable but balanced.

1. Adrenaline Rush

+ Stamina boost after breaking free of a grab. %Range:  2-12%

+ Stamina boost after breaking free of a Jason trap. %Range:  2-12%

+ Stamina boost after breaking weapon. %Range:  2-12%

-          Stamina Regeneration. %Range:  2-12%

Legendary Bonus:  +Melee Damage. %Range:  1-5%

2. Aquanaut

+ Water speed. %Range:  5-10%

+ Sound reduction in water. %Range:  5-10%

+ Sense avoidance chance in water. %Range:  10-20%

-          Sprint Speed. %Range: 2-12%

Legendary Bonus:  - Boat Start Time. %Range:  5-10%

3. Evasion

+ Dodge speed. %Range: 2-12%

+ Sprint speed. %Range: 1-5%

+ Weapon speed. %Range:  1-5%

-          More damage taken. %Range:  5-12%

Legendary Bonus:  + Speed going through windows. %Range:  5-10%

4. Friendship

+ Damage per nearby teammate. %Range:  1-3%

+ Voice broadcast range per nearby teammate. %Range:  3-5%

+ Med spray healing when healing a teammate. %Range:  5-10%

-          Melee stun chance. %Range:  5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  -Fear accumulation when near teammates. %Range 3-5%

5. Coward (new)

+ Fear reduction in hiding spots. %Range:  5-10%

+ Vehicle speed when alone. %Range:  5-10%

+ Sprint speed. %Range:  2-5%

-          Faster Fear accumulation. %Range:  5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  - Noise generation. %Range:  5-10%

6. Lone Wolf

+ Sense Avoidance. %Range:  5-10%

+ Less noise generation. %Range:  5-10%

+ Less Fear accumulation when alone. %Range:  5-10%

-          Trap escape. %Range:  5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  Less damage taken. %Range:  3-5%

7. Pyrotechnic (new) - blend of Pyro and Firecracker

+ Start with Firecrackers

+ Flare spotting time. %Range:  10-15%

+ Stun duration with firecrackers and flare guns. %Range:  10-15%

-          Greater noise generation. %Range:  5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  Bonus to firecracker radius. %Range:  3-10%

8. Potent Ranger

+ Chance to be selected as Tommy Jarvis. %Range:  15-30%

+ More melee damage as Tommy Jarvis. %Range:  5-10%

+ Spawn with firecrackers as Tommy Jarvis. %Range:  15-25%

-          Speed when not Tommy. %Range 5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  +Melee stun duration. %Range: 3-5%

9. Dangerous (new)

+ Start with a random melee weapon.

+ Melee stun duration increased. %Range:  3-10%

+ Grab escape. %Range:  5-10%

-          More damage taken. %Range:  5-10%

Legendary Bonus:  Increased weapon speed. %Range:  3-5%

A solution to Jason being too easy to kill.

1. Eliminate Jason taking damage while stunned.

2. Grant stun invulnerability to Jason for 5 seconds after stun recovery like there used to be in the early days of the game.

3. Make Jason's HP threshold for mask removal a value that CAN allow for mask removal but not guarantee removal when it is reached. Here is what I'm thinking. Let's say Jason has 100HP. Once Jason has taken 100HP of damage, his mask can be removed but it is determined by chance. Tie the % chance to the Strength of the counselor attacking, the type of weapon they are using, and Luck. Perhaps allow of 1% chance per two points of Luck, 1% chance per point of Strength. A bladed weapon adds +5% chance. Using these basics, even Tommy would only have a 20% chance per swing with a machete or axe to take off Jason's mask AFTER he has taken enough damage to allow for it's removal.

I know a lot of people don't like chance in games, however it is probably the only way to give Jason hunters some pause for thought that they will not be able to guarantee the mask comes off in 1-2 heavy swings from combat stance. After Jason takes his base HP threshold of damage, Tommy (with the best stats in the game) would only have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the mask off per swing (damage inflicted is not longer relevant; only RNG). Unreliability in mask removal, combined with stun immunity frames, and removal of damage while stunned will greatly dissuade active Jason hunting because of the loss of reliability in the method combined with Jason being threatening post stun (no chain stunning) and not hobbled to take damage during a stun (no quick and easy kill methods circumventing the intended challenge).

In short Jason killing would happen more organically. "Oh hey! Jason's mask is off...get the sweater!" Killing by numbers wouldn't be impossible, but it wouldn't be reliable. Overall, the challenge of killing Jason would increase. Lastly, it would add value to the Strength stat (not just in dealing damage and grab escapes).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

*snip

I like this idea a lot. I've been advocating for a while now that Jason's HP needs to be buffed. As of right now, even Jenny with a machete could do the trick if she had some backup.

• Thanks 1

IMPROVING RADIOS:

Currently I see a few issues with the radios counselors can activate to "distract" Jason.

1. They don't move and spawn in the same locations.

2. The ping rate and lack of movement make it pretty easy to ignore them as a meaningful "distraction". You can simply tell with some map knowledge you're looking at a radio ping.

How can these items, that never spew the songs I like :P, be improved to make them more useful for counselors to use?

1. There should be a bubble radius (say 10m) around an activated radio where all counselor sound pings are dampened. They (counselors) cannot be heard over the sound of the music and quit creating pings. If a counselor was moving around an active radio,  as Jason you would have to physically go look to see where they are in the building because Sense would only show that someone was in the structure.

2. The sounds of entering/exiting windows and hiding spots would be reduced 50% in an active radio's bubble. This would allow counselors to maneuver or hide when Jason shows up and have a lower risk of being detected (damn those closets and window hops are noisy as hell).

3. On the flip-side. Jason's music is muted for those counselors inside the radio music radius - just as if he was in Stalk. We need balance. :)

4. Radios can be repaired by counselors. A failed QTE would result in a new "changing stations" sound effect notifying Jason that a radio is being fixed.

5. There should be a couple of random spawn locations where radios may populate on all maps in addition to the areas where you'll get a guaranteed radio. Maybe 2-3 locations that have a 25% chance to have a radio any given match. It might be nice to see them pop up at campsites occasionally.

Just some food for thought. ~Alk

• Like 2

Wow, @Alkavian, this thread has gone under my radar for too long. Lots, and lots of ideas and from what I skimmed (I'll try to remember to read more in depth, later), a lot of them are actually good ideas

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

Wow, @Alkavian, this thread has gone under my radar for too long. Lots, and lots of ideas and from what I skimmed (I'll try to remember to read more in depth, later), a lot of them are actually good ideas

Thanks. Glad you like them.

@BeautyNumber2

I have an important question, I know the staff and admins of this forum read some of the posts but do the dev's read the posts from the community?

5 hours ago, Qcici said:

@BeautyNumber2

I have an important question, I know the staff and admins of this forum read some of the posts but do the dev's read the posts from the community?

They do. I know @ShiftySamurai and @[IllFonic]Courier do in fact read lots of forum posts in many different parts of the forum. Courier is the community manager bringing information back to the "Devs" programming the game. Shifty works for Gun as a community manager and brings info to and from the Publisher/creative team. They are quite busy on the forum all the time, but they don't always comment.

Also some of the Admins are in fact Devs. Gun Media Ben is a producer with Gun Media. Gertz is the executive that manages the Illfonic programming team. Randygbk is also a member of Gun Media. The forum is actually littered with Devs/Dev reps.

@Alkavian

I just stumbled on your thread, and I love it.  My favorite of your suggestions:

• ·         Eliminate combat stance for Jason - I feel if combined with an old-school strafe button, adding a single button press to block as Jason would be fantastic.

• ·         Meatshield - I just wanna see this. Combine this with toss, and Jason could have a good advantage in a mob; if he throws his meatshield into a mob, does it knock down/stun other counselors?

• ·         Bash - I really like the idea of Jason stunning counselors. In mob scenes, it really seems like it would be helpful for Jason to stun counselors, and then if he can gain control of the situation, come back to them for the kills.  Maybe other counselors can find one-time use Smelling Salts to bring back stunned victims quickly; get a little Nursing experience points.

• ·         Mementos - I like this as a way to create havoc while trying to decide what you should be carrying.  Some of those would be pretty hard to pass up, and depending on the type of game you are playing, you may not want to grab them.  I think that brings a sense of frantic urgency to the game.

• ·         What to do with bodies lying around - What if the counselor’s fear stat regulated how close the counselor could get to a dead body?  Some counselors might actually be physically blocked from getting close to a body, unless maybe they had a beer memento, and possibly shoes.  If Jason can carry the bodies, then place them where he wants, he could hinder certain counselors from accomplishing tasks.  If he killed A.J. while she was heading to the boat, placed her body at the entrance to the docks, there is no way Chad would be able to get to the boat; he would be too terrified.  Jenny would then hop over AJ, pull the motor’s cord, and wave to Chad as she made her way to the watery exit.  The corpse blocking feature works really well in the board game LAST FRIDAY; it allows the maniac more control of the board, limited escape routes for the counselors, and can create a tunnel effect which works in the maniacs favor.

You really do have a lot of well thought out ideas.  It would be great to see some implemented into the game sometime in the future.

18 hours ago, Johnny Tentoes said:

@Alkavian

I You really do have a lot of well thought out ideas.  It would be great to see some implemented into the game sometime in the future.

Glad you like them.

The idea for toss it that it would do damage to any counselors hit. I doubt that my ideas will make it into the game, but hopefully the Devs may be inspired to create something to add some more depth to the game. Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread. I've done a lot of rambling here and some of the posts can be a bit tedious to read through.;)

More random musings. Jason's abilities all really need to have a +/-/neutral attribute set IMO.

Remodeling Jason’s Abilities (not addressing Morph, Stalk, Shift, Rage and Sense):

Weapon Strength

1. Applies to Jason’s melee weapon AND throwing knives. +15% damage.

2. Needs a “negative” option. -5% damage

Destruction

1. 1st hit on door or wall deals +20% damage. Subsequent hits deal normal damage.

2. Needs a “negative” option. 1st hit deals 20% less damage.

3. Normal Destruction Jasons should take a door down in 5 hits. Negative Destruction Jasons should take down a door in 6 hits. Positive Destruction Jasons should take down a door in 4 hits.

Traps

1. Normal traps should be 5.

2. +Traps should be 7 but deal 10% less damage.

3. – Traps should be 3 traps but deal +15% damage.

Throwing Knives

1. +Knives should start with 4. Knives move +10% faster in flight (higher velocity).

2. Neutral knives start with 2.

3. –Knives start with 0.

Stun Resistance

1. + Reduces stun duration and chance by 10%.

2. – Increases stun duration and chance by 10%.

Defense

1. + Defense has greater chance to block and causes more damage to a counselor weapon on a blocked hit.

2. – Defense has a poorer chance to block and causes no damage to a counselor weapon on a blocked hit.

Hit Points

1. Jason gains +20% damage resistance for positive version; has +20% hit points.

2. Negative has 20% less hit points. No damage resistance.

3. Neutral has 5% damage resistance.

I like the idea of traps losing their lethality. Instead of causing death, they would need someone else to open it.

12 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I like the idea of traps losing their lethality. Instead of causing death, they would need someone else to open it.

Not a bad suggestion. Or simply have them more difficulty to break free from. In either case, all the Jason abilities really should have a positive/neutral/negative aspect. The fact they don't seems very odd. It makes the Jason characters a bit too similar in terms of how they play in a match. I rather like what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow suggested in regards to every Jason actually having 4 strengths and 4 weaknesses. It would really make them different in the way their play styles could be constructed. Having +/N/- aspects to each ability/trait would help a lot too.

6 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Not a bad suggestion. Or simply have them more difficulty to break free from. In either case, all the Jason abilities really should have a positive/neutral/negative aspect. The fact they don't seems very odd. It makes the Jason characters a bit too similar in terms of how they play in a match. I rather like what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow suggested in regards to every Jason actually having 4 strengths and 4 weaknesses. It would really make them different in the way their play styles could be constructed. Having +/N/- aspects to each ability/trait would help a lot too.

Thanks. I don't think all stats need 3 levels though. We don't need weaker weapon strength for example. Once the update drops I'll edit my thread to reflect the changes.

@F134Ever86 that would make traps deadlier because it would be a free kill for Jason.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thanks. I don't think all stats need 3 levels though. We don't need weaker weapon strength for example. Once the update drops I'll edit my thread to reflect the changes.

@F134Ever86 that would make traps deadlier because it would be a free kill for Jason.

The way it is now results in a free kill. My suggestion would give counselors a chance.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Also beartrap enviroment/grab kill would be cool.

"Jason throws the counselor's head into his trap, triggering the grab and snapping off the counselor's head"

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

The way it is now results in a free kill. My suggestion would give counselors a chance.

No it would not because if you step in a trap far from teammates, you're fucked, and you could fall victim to a troll that refuses to free you. I.E. guaranteed kill for Jason.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No it would not because if you step in a trap far from teammates, you're fucked, and you could fall victim to a troll that refuses to free you. I.E. guaranteed kill for Jason.

You shouldnt be alone in the first place. It wouldnt be required to free others but you would get xp bonus for doing so. It also wouldnt be the first time a character was sacrificed in the series. A trapped counselor could buy valuable time for others. I think this option would add tension and freshen gameplay a bit. Id even suggest just making it harder to get out instead of out right killing them. My point is traps shouldnt kill unless Jason puts a counselors head in it.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think there is a certain symmetry to consistency in design. Some traits having greater variations while others don't bothers me on an OCD level deep in my soul.?

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

You shouldnt be alone in the first place. It wouldnt be required to free others but you would get xp bonus for doing so. It also wouldnt be the first time a character was sacrificed in the series. A trapped counselor could buy valuable time for others. I think this option would add tension and freshen gameplay a bit. Id even suggest just making it harder to get out instead of out right killing them. My point is traps shouldnt kill unless Jason puts a counselors head in it.

But again trolls would say "I got you, take the trap and we'll fix the phone." Then after you step in it he dances while Jason shows up and kills you while you are stuck.