Added some more perk ideas to a previous post.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:15 PM, Alkavian said:

Meatshield – Pressing “block” while holding a counselor result in Jason using the counselor to absorb incoming attacks. This cannot result in counselor death.

Why not? It'll count as a Jason kill. It's a defensive and offensive move at the same time. 

If the other counselors are not aimed right, they kill their friend. Simple as that. 

If Jason is mobbed (as often happens these days) - I'd like to see another use for his Rage ability once it kicks in - the ability to kill multiple counselors at once in a given area he can reach - this would probably benefit chopping or slashing Jasons admittedly - but counselors close together could be grabbed and smashed together - even if only for a stun effect. I figure if he's fully enraged, his kill factor should also increase to represent this (could also happen if he loses his mask before the Rage meter is filled too).

Apart from the double impalement in Part 2 - we know he's killed multiple victims at once - In Part 6 we have the triple decapitation and a double impalement, Part 9 Jason bashes two cops heads together and kills them instantly.

I think if he's enraged and has a chance to do it - he should get some sort of option to kill a couple of counselors and make space - if anything else - it shows he is still the focus of the game - but it also shows that swarming Jason could be one of the most dangerous things you could do to escape from him and might add some tension and fear to the character again.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Why not? It'll count as a Jason kill. It's a defensive and offensive move at the same time. 

If the other counselors are not aimed right, they kill their friend. Simple as that. 

When Jason releases "block" OR the counselor taps free, they lose half of their current health pool. This effect (50% loss of current health) is what cannot cause death. If friendly fire is turned on, their own friends can very much kill them. :)

At least that is how I intended it to be read. ^_^

38 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

If friendly fire is turned on, their own friends can very much kill them. :)

I was saying that friendly fire gets activated during Meatshield.  And the kill doesn't count as a betrayal for the other counselor, it counts as a Meatshield kill for Jason. 

6 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I was saying that friendly fire gets activated during Meatshield.  And the kill doesn't count as a betrayal for the other counselor, it counts as a Meatshield kill for Jason. 

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. I was just trying to design in the framework of how the Devs currently have the friendly fire option as a toggle in private matches.

Wow, these are all excellent ideas. Meatshield is my favorite, as is the run and movie modes.

Devs should hire you as a consultant for future game updates... or for Friday the 13th: The Game Pt. II. ;)

• Thanks 1

On the first site of this thread you @Alkavian suggested about having 4 strengths and weaknesses for all Jasons. Would it be possible to add link to @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow  "4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0" thread at first site of this thread? Link: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9733-4-strengths-weaknesses-overhaul-version-30/

4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. HK 92 said:

On the first site of this thread you @Alkavian suggested about having 4 strengths and weaknesses for all Jasons. Would it be possible to add link to @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow  "4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0" thread at first site of this thread? Link: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9733-4-strengths-weaknesses-overhaul-version-30/

4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0"

I'm out of town right now, but the link you added here will work for now.😃

On 12/1/2017 at 6:48 PM, Alkavian said:

New Jason Maneuver: Toss

If Jason has a counselor grabbed, the "grab" button can be pressed again to toss the counselor a short distance. The counselor will sustain damage, as will any other counselors hit by the tossed counselor. The tossed counselor will suffer a short stun requiring button presses to recover.

I like this very much.

Also, Jason should be able to toss furniture in the room (preventing ring-a-ring-a-rosie with Jason).

On 12/26/2017 at 9:53 AM, Mr. HK 92 said:

On the first site of this thread you @Alkavian suggested about having 4 strengths and weaknesses for all Jasons. Would it be possible to add link to @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow  "4

Created a link to @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow's idea thread for strengths and weaknesses. Back home from the holidays, so I guess I'll have to get back to my musings on the game. LOL.

• Like 1

That's quite a novel you wrote lol. I still haven't read it all. You have some good ideas. Of course, I still favor my own for now. :D Thanks for mentioning my thread.

I just created an idea for strengths and weaknesses to be tied to weapons in a minor capacity. Maybe you can tell me what you think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's quite a novel you wrote lol. I still haven't read it all. You have some good ideas. Of course, I still favor my own for now. :D Thanks for mentioning my thread.

I just created an idea for strengths and weaknesses to be tied to weapons in a minor capacity. Maybe you can tell me what you think.

I think it would be pretty neat if you could have certain strengths and weaknesses tied to the weapons themselves. It would give another level of customization to the Jason player for sure. Options for somebody to feel they have more choice in their character's design tend to always be helpful in games. There have been quite a few good ideas out there as of late. I just hope Gun/Illfonic are paying attention.

Ok here are a few thoughts on the types of behavior we should probably be seeing with offline bots.

Difficulty:  Easy

* Bots will primarily hide when in Jason's threat music range. They will make repairs by taking items to random vehicles (that the item applies to). No primary repair focus. They will shoot to defend themselves, but won't save their friends with melee from Jason's grip. No evasive juking when Jason uses Shift. Will not go for Pamela's sweater or try to kill Jason if he is de-masked. 25% chance counselors will set bear traps.

Difficulty: Normal

*Bots will hide 50% of the time when in Jason's threat music range. The will make repairs by taking items to the closest vehicle they pertain to. Primary repair focus will be a car. They will save friends from Jason's grip. 25% chance to evasively juke when Jason Shifts. Will grab Pamela's sweater if possible (they happen to be close to it and female). Will try to kill Jason if he is de-masked. Each counselor starts with one random epic Perk and two rare Perks. 25% chance counselors will pair up to protect each other when near objectives (within 30m). Counselors will employ bear traps. 25% chance counselors will use pocket knives to disarm Jason's traps.

Difficulty: Hard

*Bots will hide 25% of the time when in Jason's threat music range. Characters will abide by their trope influences (Adam more likely to fight/Vanessa more likely to run etc.). Primary repair focus will be split between the Phone and 1 other random vehicle. Only characters with Repair 5 or higher will attempt repairs. Characters with lower Repair will drop items at objectives so they can be fixed. 50% chance to evasively juke when Jason Shifts. Will make an effort to get Pamela's sweater and kill Jason only if he is de-masked. Each counselor starts with three random epic Perks. 50% chance counselor will pair up to protect each other all the time. Counselors will employ bear traps and re-set old traps when Jason is not around. 50% chance counselors will use pocket knives to disarm Jason's traps.

• Like 1

Possible way of re-vamping the "Can Run" Jason trait.

In my first post I talk about how ALL Jason traits and abilities should have a plus/neutral/minus effect. I did not address "Can Run". Here are my thoughts on how that could be done.

1. Change the ability name to "Movement".

2. +Movement Jasons would be able to jog as we see in game now. They would jog 10% faster than neutral movement Jasons walk. Counselors in Jason's threat music radius (30m) would suffer no effect to stumble chance.

3. Movement neutral Jasons would fast walk at the current "fast walk" pace we see with the slower Jasons. Counselors in the threat music radius (30m) would have a +5% stumble chance.

4. - Movement Jasons would fast walk 10% slower than the current fast walk. Counselors in Jason's threat music radius (30m) would have +10% increased stumble chance.

MEMENTOS – Special Attribute Bonus Items

I was giving some more thought to counselor customization. It got me to thinking it might be nice to have something in-game that will allow a counselor to buff one of their stats. It is important though to consider game balance and ensure that stats cannot be buffed extensively. Now some people have suggested allowing perk slots to be unlockable at higher levels and others have suggested allowing counselors to buff stats by level unlock. I think this would probably be a bad idea because not everyone wants to grind forever to unlock those kinds of customization buffs. I also dislike the perk rolling system with a passion and don’t want to incorporate a new item in that fashion. So here is what I’ve got as a suggestion:

1. Each counselor would get 1 slot for a memento. This slot would be available on the counselor customization screen next to their perk slots.

2. The game would incorporate numerous mementos which could buff one of the core game stats each of the counselors have.

3. Each memento would also come with a penalty which would vary dependent on the RNG that generated the memento in the game. Maybe 0% - 15% penalty in 3% increments (0, 3,6,9,12,15). The penalty could be to any number of things that could normally be penalized by perk negatives. Some mementos, in lieu of a % penalty, simply penalize another stat by -1.

4. Mementos would be found randomized in a game match much like other items. You could find them in drawers, on tables, campsites, or even laying around in a cabin on the floor. They would be uncommon (not Pamela tape rare) but I was thinking perhaps you might find one or two every 5 games. So 1-2 per game?

5. If you find a memento in-game you have it added to a keepsake library; much like your perks list. You can equip mementos as you see fit on counselors (no more than one per counselor); but some may be gender specific or trope specific.

6. No memento can raise a stat above 10. Memento effects and penalties don’t carry over to Tommy Jarvis.

EXAMPLES:

Rabbit’s Foot - +1 Luck; No requirements; Found in drawers, shelfs, tables, campsite logs.

Running Shoes - +1 Speed; May be male or female shoes as a requirement; Found on cabin floors.

Sexy Panties - +1 Stamina OR +1 Luck; Trope Flirty Girl and *Mean Girl only; Cabin floors and drawers.

Library Card - +1 Repair; No requirements; Found in drawers and table tops.

Gym Bag - +1 Strength OR +1 Speed OR +1 Stamina; Edgy Guy, Jock, Head Counselor, and Athletic Girl tropes only; Found at campsites or on cabin floors.

Beer - +1 Composure; No requirements; Found on shelfs, table tops, and campsites.

Sun Glasses - +1 Stealth; No requirements; Found in drawers.

Box of Go-Slo Condoms - +1 Stamina; Male counselors only; Found anywhere items can spawn.;):lol:

Anyways, I figured this would be a way to implement more items to be found on maps AND offer customization options with counselors that would encourage them to play and search more (rather than purely grind for unlocks).

Adjusting Healing Items:

Ok, here are a few quick suggestions for healing items that might make a more positive change to the gameplay dynamic.

1. Med-Sprays = Temporary pain relief and Stamina boost. Sprays would temporary be able to recover a counselor from the "limping state" and provide a small Stamina bump (similar to climbing through a window). The limping state recovery would last for 10 seconds at which point the counselor would revert to limping. The spray would not actually heal a counselor but temporarily nullify the limping allowing them to make a get-away; hence the small Stamina bump.

2. First Aid Kit = Hand-carried; These could be found on cabin walls and campsites. A first aid kit could actually heal damage dealt to counselors, but it would require a QTE based on Composure. Failures would result in a scream that Jason could hear if he was nearby.

• Like 1

I don't want to start a new post as I feel it will probably get seen more here but I would like to propose a new Jason ability that is compelelty open to suggestions improvements and counters as to why it possibly couldn't work. 

Sense Morph 

as keeping true to the movies Jason always seems to have the upper hand they don't know when he's coming or where he is which keeps the tension high once they see that first body and know he's there which in our case is the opening scene. so this ability is available when sense becomes available and it can give Jason an actual view of the place he is going to morph to at that exact time so he can see what's going on without going there giving him the upper hand this ability would allow him to morph in to the exact spot he wanted and get that completely unsuspected planned attack. This would mean lone wolfing wouldn't be a thing as why would you take the risk that he could grab you out of nowhere and be watching you at that exact time putting a sort of fear back into your out of cabin exposed movements teamwork would become even more important as the only way you could save yourself or your team mates is to stick together and save each other from grab attacks that could happen at any moment. This could also stop the utilisation of "ganging up" on Jason as he could be watching your movements and come in from no where and take you out one by one if your not careful. This would also be a great advantage when they are attempting to kill Jason which is becoming to be as easy as escaping with a competent lobby because the mask will come off so easy and usually Jason will turn into a big shark and swim off shore because he doesn't want to be killed but if he had the ability to morph right behind tommy or sweater girl they would not be standing dancing on the shore shouting profanitys at him. please I am open to any discussion about this topic as I feel the more ideas on #makejasongreatagain the better! Hope your all having a great day 

(please feel free to use my hashtag!)

On 1/12/2018 at 2:10 AM, Thymightymeat007 said:

.....give Jason an actual view of the place he is going to morph to at that exact time so he can see what's going on without going there giving him the upper hand this ability would allow him to morph in to the exact spot he wanted and get that completely unsuspected planned attack.

It is certainly an interesting and thematic concept to the whole "he's watching you" type concept. It would be a little tricky to implement because it would be very powerful to be able to see activity at your morph location and have it from the earliest portions of the match. Combining something like this with Stalk could be absolutely brutal. I like the idea, but it would need to be play tested and refined to ensure that it is not too powerful. Maybe your Morph could become Sense-Morph after Jason gets Rage?

ACT 1 Game Mode:

The idea here is to create a multiplayer experience similar to the slower kill pacing at the start of a F13 movie. Counselors would be completing “objectives” which are randomly tasked to them. Jason would be stealthily hunting them trying to go un-noticed.

1. 20 minute timer.

2. No escapes or Tommy Jarvis option.

3. Counselors will earn XP by completing their assigned objectives and spotting Jason. If counselors complete all their assigned objectives, the match ends early. If Jason kills all the counselors the match ends early.

4. Counselors would be randomly assigned two objectives to work at the start of the match. Each objective would require two items to complete. Each item used to complete an objective would earn ALL the counselors in the match 100XP (spotting Jason would earn an individual counselor 25XP).  Completing all objectives and ending a match early would earn all counselors x2 XP. Only counselors assigned a specific objective can complete it. The other counselors cannot partake in objective completion. They can coordinate to find items, but those tasked must be those who have the objective requirements. Jason doesn’t know who is assigned what but impacts objective completion by hunting and killing counselors. Counselors also earn XP based on the total time they survive. Objective items are not marked on the counselors map, only the location they need to bring the items to work on the objective.

5. Jason starts with Morph and is always in Stalk (his music will only play as chase music when he is very close to a counselor and they see him). He will not get Rage or Sense in this game mode. Hiding spots can only be used BY JASON. Jason will only unlock Shift after he has killed at least two counselors. Stalk will last twice as long as normal.

6. Jason does not start at the shack. He spawns into the match at a location of his choosing. Counselors also choose their spawn location.

7. There are several objectives that may spawn on a map for counselors to accomplish. 3 randomly determined objectives would spawn in each game instance. These objectives would be the types of things teenagers might be doing at the camp if they didn’t know a psychopath was lurking in the woods. Types of objectives might be: Preparing Dinner (Find a frying pan and food supplies); Start a Campfire (Find a branch and a fire poker); Fetch the Stash (Find weed and beer); Cut Fire Wood (Find logs and an Axe)….you guys get the idea. Have many different possible objectives, but only three would happen for each match.

8. Each counselor would spawn with two objectives. As an example Chad might have to Fetch the Stash and Cut Fire Wood, so he’d be looking for weed, beer, logs, and an axe. A.J. however might have to Fetch the Stash and Start a Campfire. This way there is always more than one thing a counselor can do to be useful.

9. The goal of this match if for counselors to get as much done as possible before they all die. Working as a group helps because objective completion (even if it isn’t yours) awards ALL the counselors XP. Jason has to rely on stealth and work hard to pick off the counselors as they go about their camp business.

Just an idea.