Sign in to follow this  
Deeify

One Hit Trap Kills?

I'm hoping someone can explain this one to me.  I was Part 8 Jason, set my traps, then began my hunt.  I heard a trap go off paired with the "Butcher" XP meaning I killed the councelor.

I thought, ok, they must have jumped through a window and got hurt as one of the weaker councelors and died from the hit.  I warped in to the car and saw a dead Vanessa on the ground.

As I saw this, I heard another trap go off and XP for yet another kill.  I warped to the phone box and there lays a dead AJ.

This was on Crystal Lake so I don't think they were able to injured themselves by jumping out of a second story window. They would have had to jump through a few closed windows to injure themselves that badly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how that could have happened? 

One of them could've accidently stepped on a bear trap they had prepared near a locked door. it's also possible they had taken damage earlier by leaping through a window on accident, and when combined with the increased damage penalty on the medic/hypochondriac perks, it might've been enough.

We have to remember that bear traps, both the ones belonging to Jason as well as the counselor version, will put a counselor in a near-death state.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

One of them could've accidently stepped on a bear trap they had prepared near a locked door. it's also possible they had taken damage earlier by leaping through a window on accident, and when combined with the increased damage penalty on the medic/hypochondriac perks, it might've been enough.

We have to remember that bear traps, both the ones belonging to Jason as well as the counselor version, will put a counselor in a near-death state.

That's a good point.  I'd forgotten about the bear traps.  Odd that it was two different councelors on two different sides of the map and right at the beginning of the round though.

I've had that happen to me before where I had jumped through a window accidentally at the start of a match, got my character cut up, but not limping, only to then step into a bear trap and die instantly a little while later. It must've put me within the threshold where a bear trap would be fatal at that point.

Happened to me just yesterday, I have also found slowly going through a window (not jumping) from the first floor. Both of these times happened on the jarvis Map for me.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:34 AM, Deeify said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on how that could have happened? 

Well, you were using the best Jason, so that's a start. 

Last night, as random Jason, I got part 2 a lot. Yuck. In one round I was fighting 3 of them at the car. In the middle of it, a Jenny runs up behind me. I hit her with one slash and she died. 

What was great was that it happen right after I hit Tommy with his last slash. Within 1 second I killed Tommy, turned around and killed Jenny. She might've crawled through glass, but I would think she would have to be injured for 1 hit to kill her. It was great. My best part 2 round yet.