Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyIsBae

Should stealth have other affects?

Recommended Posts

Majority of my preferred counselors have high stealth, but majority of the time Jason will teleport and find you instantly. Since the stat only helps with the white blimps. Should the stat have a secondary effect? Almost how luck helps with the car, traps and windows. I for one, don't rely on the white blimps to find stealthy counselors, just teleport any where and use sense. Heck even AJs with Lightfoot can still make super small blimps to where I find them. What do you guys think. 

 

PS, most stealth conversations are old and irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of stealthy characters having a higher chance that the cabin they're in will not light up red when Jason uses sense. Similar to that one perk but make it exclusive to stealthy characters (Tiffany, AJ, Deborah, Lachappa).

Or maybe make it so that when they're hiding in a hiding spot, they don't make any noise at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could imagine to give stealth a small chance of jason missing to sense the counselor, like 1% chance of missing for 1 point in stealth, so tiffany would have a 10% chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reduce the noise you make when messing some skill check, something similar with a perk you can have in Dead by Daylight, the one that come with Feng Min. She has a chance to not explode a generator even if she did the minigame wrong. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High stealth by itself is intended to keep a greater sense avoidance up until the point where Jason acquires rage. After that point, hiding in a cabin will light you up whereas being outdoors won't necessarily do that, depending on your fear level.

In addition, using perks like Level Headed, Low Profile and Home Body on an already stealthy character just enhance this and are the perks you need to be taking if your entire goal is stealth.

If Jason is still finding you easily with those perks on a stealthy character, it's probably an issue of perks not working correctly as was the case with other perks in the past.

I know personally, the only time a Tiffany player has lit up for me in sense while being outside of a cabin is during extremely high fear. Otherwise you don't see them light up in sense. However, I haven't played since the last patch so I don't know if that's still the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if these changes would make Stealth overpowered?:

  • A score of 6/10 and above grants a Counselor the ability to not show up on Sense, as long as their Fear is at base level.
  • A score of 6/10 now allows the Counselor to jog silently, and a score of 9/10 now allows the Counselor to sprint silently. Again, they only work as long as Fear is at base level.
  • As soon as they gain enough Fear to start looking around anxiously, these new abilities stops working until they calm down again.
  • Once Jason reaches Rage Mode, these abilities stops working completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Majority of my preferred counselors have high stealth, but majority of the time Jason will teleport and find you instantly. Since the stat only helps with the white blimps. Should the stat have a secondary effect? Almost how luck helps with the car, traps and windows. I for one, don't rely on the white blimps to find stealthy counselors, just teleport any where and use sense. Heck even AJs with Lightfoot can still make super small blimps to where I find them. What do you guys think. 

 

PS, most stealth conversations are old and irrelevant. 

This was something I suggested in another post awhile back when I was talking about how they could revamp the ability scores of counselors to have more meaning.

 

Stealth – the ability to reduce detection and go unnoticed

1. Determines the size and detectable range of sound pings. Detectable range of pings is reduced by 3% per point in the Stealth score. Size of the detectable pings is reduced by 2% per point of the Stealth score.

2. Reduces the in-game audio noise generated by the counselor (opening/closing drawers, doors, entering and exiting hidings spots, etc.) by 2% per point of Stealth. % chance equal to Stealth score certain actions will be completely silent (climbing through a window, opening/closing window or door, enter/exit a hiding spot, repair failures, stumbling/recovering from a jump-through-window.)

3.  Each point in stealth improves crouching movement speed by 2%.

EXAMPLE:   A.J. with Stealth 10 would have her sound ping detection radius reduced by 30%, and the size of the pings reduced by 20%. Her in-game audio noise cues would have their volume reduced by 20% AND she would have a 10% chance (RNG) to make ZERO noise when completing certain actions. A.J. would also have her crouch speed increased by 20%.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kitcat said:

Reduce the noise you make when messing some skill check, something similar with a perk you can have in Dead by Daylight, the one that come with Feng Min. She has a chance to not explode a generator even if she did the minigame wrong. 

As much as i love the idea, it would only benefit Tiffany, which I love even more. But the stat is lack luster and has hardly any purpose even with lightfoot. I want something that helps stealthy counselors even more. No fair that luck is the best stat in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealth should be more then just not showing up on Jason's radar; you should never show up on Jason's sense, possibly even being able to hide in certain places other counselors cant since you would be stealthy (sneaky). Just a few ideas...i really don't know what could make it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 3:40 PM, TiffanyCox said:

Stealth should be more then just not showing up on Jason's radar; you should never show up on Jason's sense, possibly even being able to hide in certain places other counselors cant since you would be stealthy (sneaky). Just a few ideas...i really don't know what could make it better.

If you're counsler is scared they should show up on sense.

Don't mix stealth with composure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Armani? said:

If you're counsler is scared they should show up on sense.

Don't mix stealth with composure

Fear has nothing to do with if you'll show up on Sense. It only affects how far you get marked if you get caught in the detection radius and then subsequently leave while Jason still has the ability toggled on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Fear has nothing to do with if you'll show up on Sense. It only affects how far you get marked if you get caught in the detection radius and then subsequently leave while Jason still has the ability toggled on.

Fear does have something to do with sense

Because it's confirmed that if you're at chad face, with no minimap, you'll show up on sense anywhere on the map regardless of how far you are from Jason.

That's why you're as good as dead if you're injured as Chad with no med spray

Fear affects being sensed when out of Jason's natural sense range.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 1:55 AM, bjoernsen80 said:

I could imagine to give stealth a small chance of jason missing to sense the counselor, like 1% chance of missing for 1 point in stealth, so tiffany would have a 10% chance.

Stealth is already supposed to reduce your chances of being found with Jason’s Sense according to the stealth description when you read the stat. But it’s obvious now it doesn’t really do what it says it does at all besides the smaller sound bubbles. So the devs should be fixing this instead of us coming up with new ideas for stealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 1:00 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

Heck even AJs with Lightfoot can still make super small blimps to where I find them.

Not if it's the epic Lightfoot perk ;)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Armani? said:

If you're counsler is scared they should show up on sense.

Don't mix stealth with composure

The stat used to say it helped with sense avoidance I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 9:52 AM, Alkavian said:

This was something I suggested in another post awhile back when I was talking about how they could revamp the ability scores of counselors to have more meaning.

 

Stealth – the ability to reduce detection and go unnoticed

1. Determines the size and detectable range of sound pings. Detectable range of pings is reduced by 3% per point in the Stealth score. Size of the detectable pings is reduced by 2% per point of the Stealth score.

2. Reduces the in-game audio noise generated by the counselor (opening/closing drawers, doors, entering and exiting hidings spots, etc.) by 2% per point of Stealth. % chance equal to Stealth score certain actions will be completely silent (climbing through a window, opening/closing window or door, enter/exit a hiding spot, repair failures, stumbling/recovering from a jump-through-window.)

3.  Each point in stealth improves crouching movement speed by 2%.

EXAMPLE:   A.J. with Stealth 10 would have her sound ping detection radius reduced by 30%, and the size of the pings reduced by 20%. Her in-game audio noise cues would have their volume reduced by 20% AND she would have a 10% chance (RNG) to make ZERO noise when completing certain actions. A.J. would also have her crouch speed increased by 20%.

 

 

This needs to happen. Nothing is worse than trying to escape Jason and your counselor makes noise leaving the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love playing Deborah and going full stealth. I like to set challenges to myself whenever I select a character depending on their strengths. When I play Deborah I often set the challenge to escape while never being spotted by Jason. The only way I can achieve that is by staying on the opposite end of the map where I know Jason is. Sometimes I get lucky and he walks by without seing me because I always keep my fear levels low. But that's it, dumb luck. I wish stealth would feel more like something you can take advantage of than something that miiiiight work if you're on the other side of the map, and or you get the lucky roll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The stat used to say it helped with sense avoidance I believe.

It still does

And the luck stat says some bullshit too

The Devs need to put out a official list themselves of the specifics of what each stat does.

The strength stat doesn't even mention helping break free from Jason's grasp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Armani? said:

It still does

And the luck stat says some bullshit too

The Devs need to put out a official list themselves of the specifics of what each stat does.

The strength stat doesn't even mention helping break free from Jason's grasp.

The stat doesn’t even help with sense avoidance. But yes, they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier today I was in a cabin and Jason was outside and approaching. I ducked under a bed and could hear him hacking away at the door. He broke in and went STRAIGHT to the bed I was under. Large cabin with two rooms both with 4 or 5 beds. I have zero idea how he pulled that one out of his ass because I know he didn't see me go under and I didn't make a peep.

I've been running LaChappa with an epic level headed, low profile, and home body. I've had a lot of luck with it except that instance. So bizarre. He didn't even look for me. Passed the first room, passed the hall, in to the second room and right to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Armani? said:

Fear does have something to do with sense

 

Fear only comes into play with Sense when you are already detected in the base detection radius and then subsequently choose to leave it. You are "marked" for tracking distance based on your Fear level assuming Jason doesn't turn Sense off and if you don't exceed the maximum tracking distance. Fear has absolutely nothing to do with actually being detected inside the base detection range. If you're in it, you'll be seen if you don't have an appropriate Sense avoidance perk (or unless you use a hiding spot pre-Rage).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...