MyersVoorhees

About Higgins Haven - The Barn Loft and Higgins house basement

I'm going to be talking about the places from the film not included in the game. Let's get into it.

So in Friday the 13th Part III we saw that the Higgins house had a basement, which was where Chuck was killed while trying to fix the power.

We also saw a room above the kitchen during the end where Jason is peaking out the window.

And lastly there was also the loft in the barn.

My question is why aren't those locations able to be entered in the game? Jarvis House has a basement that works fine so why not give the Higgins house a basement?

And for the barn loft I know implementing a ladder mechanic would be hard, so maybe they can just make stairs leading to the loft. It's such a iconic piece of Friday the 13th history.

But for the room that is above the dining room, why did they not bother to add it? It has the windows there but no actual interior or entrance.

I know this is just minor stuff but I'd love to see these areas made accessible.

• Like 2

I have said to the devs many times that i want to be able to go up to the barn loft at higgins. The fact that the ladder is there made me think maybe they might add a climbing feature in the future or atleast i hope so. It was a big part to the finale of part 3 and would be a shame to never be able to go up there. I do hope that they update the iconic locations to include spots that are not accessible right now. Other than interior layouts in the some of the hero cabins from packanack they nailed most of those areas, but i agree with ya on the part 3 stuff.

As a die-hard fan of the franchise it is awesome to see when they recreate locations from the films. I was ecstatic when i saw the cabin on Crystal Lake map that Ned gets lured into and killed, The archery range,Paul's Office from part 2 etc... I really hope they add the few missing spots from part 3 for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

But for the room that is above the dining room, why did they not bother to add it? It has the windows there but no actual interior or entrance.

That's the area where people used to glitch into the room with the chairs and books in front of it. If you glitched into that room before, you'll know that there are 2 windows, one facing the back entrance (where the dining room is) and the other window facing the backyard. Hope this helps. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

That's the area where people used to glitch into the room with the chairs and books in front of it. If you glitched into that room before, you'll know that there are 2 windows, one facing the back entrance (where the dining room is) and the other window facing the backyard. Hope this helps. 

I already know about that glitch, I've been playing since June 17th. I'm just wondering why it has no interior since it is in the film.

There was an older poster regarding the barn, I think the decision was made not to allow people into the loft to prevent looping. The other reason about not having  climbing animations also make sense too.

36 minutes ago, shodan said:

There was an older poster regarding the barn, I think the decision was made not to allow people into the loft to prevent looping. The other reason about not having  climbing animations also make sense too.

I can see them turning the huge opening in the loft into a window or something and having only 1 staircase leading up there. That would prevent looping I think. 

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Easy fix, the height would prevent looping because of fall damage.

Yeah that was what I was saying, turn the huge opening on the loft into a window. 

I want it, but this dev team. I just don't expect it.

Make the fall down do limp damage every time.

Give Jason the rope as an environmental kill where he can hang the person off the side of the barn like Chris did to him.

• Like 3

On November 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Redcat345 said:

Easy fix, the height would prevent looping because of fall damage.

Agreed. Also there are other areas to loop in the game, so if that is indeed the reason its a pretty lame excuse for not including that area. I would love to see the barn loft becoming accessible.

These suggestions are great!!! The Higgins house basement would be a perfect place for a new type of kill done on Chuck. The barn could also have the kill from part 3 done on Fox. And possibly even Jason hanging a counselor from the Loft door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyCox said:

These suggestions are great!!! The Higgins house basement would be a perfect place for a new type of kill done on Chuck. The barn could also have the kill from part 3 done on Fox. And possibly even Jason hanging a counselor from the Loft door. 

Also a new way to kill Jason.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

We shouldn't have to have Tommy to kill Jason, it should be done by anyone.

That's possibly the worst idea I've ever heard. 

1 minute ago, MyersVoorhees said:

How is that a bad idea!?!?! If we could kill Jason without Tommy you could not only do it quicker instead of waiting for him to be called, but if Jason takes out the power; and say we have all low repair counselors we don't have a way to get Tommy. Not that its more sufficient, it would "Help". Not saying its an amazing idea but its still something. Stop being so negative towards ideas...

12 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

How is that a bad idea!?!?! If we could kill Jason without Tommy you could not only do it quicker instead of waiting for him to be called, but if Jason takes out the power; and say we have all low repair counselors we don't have a way to get Tommy. Not that its more sufficient, it would "Help". Not saying its an amazing idea but its still something. Stop being so negative towards ideas...

It's easy enough to kill Jason as it is. If Tommy wasn't needed then Jason would be getting killed every match.

You should really think though your ideas before you post them. I'm not normally negative but that idea is just stupid.

• Like 1

I'm starting to understand you now, sorry for the misinterpretation. It does make sense that so many people try to kill Jason as it is, usually the higher level folks such as us. I am just trying to bring ideas that even low level people can use as their strategies.

Still using Tommy, new ideas for ways to kill him?

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

Still using Tommy, new ideas for ways to kill him?

I don't think that would work either.

If there was many ways to kill Jason then people would always be finding themselves in a situation where they can kill him, and as a result always be attempting it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MyersVoorhees said:

I don't think that would work either.

If there was many ways to kill Jason then people would always be finding themselves in a situation where they can kill him, and as a result always be attempting it. 

Dang you obviously have a little more experience then I do, these things are skimming right over me. I honestly wouldn't know greatly, I am often a better Jason then counselor but even as a counselor I just try to juke with Jason and ferry objects to objectives. Every once in a while I will pass by the shack and grab the sweater.

2 hours ago, MyersVoorhees said:

Not really on the 1st part, the 2nd obviously. There should be more ways to kill him and it would be cool to see a female hero counselor. You say (unless you are referring to the anyone could do it aspect) he will die every round? I'll respectfully disagree, as I'd imagine there would need to be tasks completed to get to that point in the 1st place. A space map is rumored and the current kill method wouldn't make sense there and variety is never a bad idea. Even with Tommy, pulling off the often suggested Jason Lives kill method wouldn't be easy to pull off if that were ever to happen.