Rate Your Experience  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the last six months, including gameplay and everything else...

• 5: Sunshine and rainbows!
    • 4: Good
    • 3: Okay
    • 2: Not Okay
    • 1: Bad
    • 0: I Am Disappoint

Gave it a 3. I'm playing the PC version so I have dedicated servers, and most of the game breaking bugs were dealt with months ago. Game mostly works fine even if there are balance issues that need to be addressed, especially as of the latest update.

I voted 1 - Bad. But I think I'd call 1 "disappointed" and 0 "bad". Because that's what I am...disappointed.

I don't think the game is straight up bad. But I am disappointed that the patches seem to be taking the game backwards...That's always concerning to me, and I've watched it happen to countless games that get mismanaged, much like F13 has been.

The bugs currently effecting Jason (not being able to use abilities/interact until stunned) have NO place in a game that's 6 months old, especially when you consider the fact that that bug was introduced via a patch...it wasn't always there. IIRC, it came around the same time they added the window breaking animation vs free swinging.

It's a sad state of affairs when the game patches, brings in new problems, and we know we're stuck with them for at least a month until the next patch is scheduled to arrive. You can't even be hopeful that a patch intended solely for fixes will come...They don't do that. You're stuck waiting for the next bit of content to drop in order to get fixes. Ironically enough, every bit of content brings new bugs. So we end up in this vicious cycle...

If they don't pull a 180 with the next patch, I'll likely be putting this down for good.

• Like 4

Honestly! I'd say over the past six months it's been option 4. Good made even better due to the people I used to play with but with the last patch and with the game being in the state that it is in now, plus with seemingly no intentions on fixing it...I had to vote for option 0. I Am Disappoint

I don't see myself coming back to this game unless a miracle happens to tell you the truth.

I voted 3 i think i only played for a month or so before moving on to other games never really got back into it. I enjoyed the game the times i played it but all the posts i see on here just shows it still has lots of problems and in that case i rather play things that actually work and also still no dedicated servers for consoles quite annoying when u get into public games then kicked due to a host leaving.

I actually still haven't reviewed the game on Steam...I was waiting for patches and general QoL fixes to give a fair opinion. But I'll be posting a review after the next patch. It's make or break time. It's been long enough that I feel I can give an honest, unbiased review.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it in the beginning; even when it couldn't stay stable enough to play more than maybe 2 matches. I enjoyed it even more after they fixed that; then they went and did the most recent patch and I haven't played it much at all since then so...maybe something will change and I'll pick it back up. 

50 minutes ago, j03audette said:

Honestly! I'd say over the past six months it's been option 4. Good made even better due to the people I used to play with but with the last patch and with the game being in the state that it is in now, plus with seemingly no intentions on fixing it...I had to vote for option 0. I Am Disappoint

I don't see myself coming back to this game unless a miracle happens to tell you the truth.

That sucks man.  Hopefully dead by daylight will go on sale for you up there so we can play together again.  I played a little f13 last night and.... Well, the game sucks.  I escaped a lot.  Died a couple of times.  Not supposed to be that way.  

2 hours ago, j03audette said:

Sorry to hear that, you're like the fifth awesome player who has said that now... Can't say I blame you guys and hope they give you a reason to come back. We few that remain will tell tales of your glory, lol.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

That sucks man.  Hopefully dead by daylight will go on sale for you up there so we can play together again.  I played a little f13 last night and.... Well, the game sucks.  I escaped a lot.  Died a couple of times.  Not supposed to be that way.  

Yeah! I'm hoping for some holiday sale or something. Your right! It's not suppose to be this way.

15 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Sorry to hear that, you're like the fifth awesome player who has said that now... Can't say I blame you guys and hope they give you a reason to come back. We few that remain will tell tales of your glory, lol.

I did just play a few rounds with friends but it was actually hard to start up the game, not like before where when the PS4 got turned on F13 was almost always immediately started afterwards. I tried to have fun but lately(since the latest update) it's been mostly going through the motions and goofing off which got old a long time ago. I'm sure I'll still pop in here and there to play because I truly enjoy playing with everybody, however, it just won't be daily like before, unless that miracle happens.   

Anyways! On a side note somebody voted option 5: Sunshine and rainbows!

Wow! It's really rare to see JPops view a thread on these forums and not lock it. :o

My vote's on 3.

I think of this game as a brand new machine introduced to a company that was designed to make production a lot easier. At first, it's filled with bugs, glitches, and whatever needs to still be ironed out. But if the machine were eventually fine-tuned, it could turn into a complete powerhouse that makes life so much better for the person using it.

This game still has time to turn around the tides of negativity, but the devs really need to start making major improvements on how the game runs. Better hit box detections, more bugs/glitches/exploits fixed, etc.

At it's peak a 4. Glitch fest but really fun.

The worst a 1.

Overall i will go 2.

If my private match groups didn't exist I would never play this game. QP is trash.

• Like 1

I don't know how to rate. 

The more and more I play lately, the more my rating goes down. 

After a series of games tonight, I may be taking a hiatus. The buff that counselors get with knowing where parts are, combined with the series of nerfs Jason has recieved has brought on a bit too much trolling for my tastes. It used to take skill to troll or dupe Jason with social engineering. Now you just have to drop a part and escape before Jason shows up on a tripped trap. 

As of tonight, I guess I'll hit it with a 2. Unfuck yourselves, Gun. 

• Like 1

The game certainly needs some bug fixes (getting stuck and needing someone to hit you - both as counselor and Jason, repair points sticking so you can't start the repair game, etc.), and more content is always going to be welcome, but it's in the best shape it has been since release.  Most of the complaints I see are from people who got used to just killing every counselor every round without even trying and now are salty because it isn't as easy as it was, or just simple burnout.  Overall, I'm having the most fun ever - especially since I'm not crashing constantly and most of the game breaking bugs were quashed.   

• Like 1

What concerns me is that recent tweets by Wes seem to infer that they embrace the kid demographic playing the game. 

This isn't "Barney the Purple Dinosaur: The Game", makes me think that recent patch changes have been made to make it more kid-friendly. What about the adult playerbase who backed the game? 

• Like 1

I gave it a 0. I've had a lot of fun with the game since launch, but the current version of the game, in my opinion, voids any of that. Especially since it doesn't seem like Gun are even CONSIDERING making Jason powerful again. Add to that the fact that Gun has turned this survival-horror game into a damn Halloween dance party, it's even worse. I'm already expecting Jason to start handing out presents to the counselors in a Santa suit by the end of December.

• Like 2

The game is in a "bad" state right now. Jason's nerf on his grab was just dumb. Counselors being able to see items on the map now takes the horror element right outta the game. If someone dies with the keys in the middle of the woods, tough sh**...that's your problem. Players who suck at the game ultimately ruined this game because they kept complaining it was "too hard"(i.e. window animation)...so the developers appeared to have tried to please the least common denominator of players and basically nerfed Jason into a laughing stock. Tommy with a damn pocket knife is ridiculously overpowered and items appearing where players died completely removed the horror aspect of the game for me. I quit this game after the Jason grab nerf...I couldn't stand seeing the poor bastard suffer any longer. In the end...Jason can't even win at his own game. Thanks Devs.

jason-voorhees-and-mrs-voorhees.jpg?fit=

• Like 1

0, it shits the bed. The devs caved to the stupid whiners who want the counselors to win all the time and completely ruined Jason and the feel of the game. Give his old grab and window smash back.

• Like 1

I voted 4: Good.

Last night I played a few rounds and had as good a time as I ever have. It may not be a perfect game, but when things go right, it's still a helluva good time.

If this was just over a month ago, I'd have given the game a 4. It had its bugs and glitches that were frustrating, but overall from launch up into the October patch, the game was fun. Since the patch, the game sucks. It has no business calling itself Friday the 13th because that is no longer the experience you get. It's why I went from playing daily to not playing at all. It's also why this game gets a 0 from me. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

8 hours ago, Trident77 said:

This game still has time to turn around the tides of negativity, but the devs really need to start making major improvements on how the game runs. Better hit box detections, more bugs/glitches/exploits fixed, etc.

I'd like to believe there's still time to turn the tide, but I'm honestly not sure. How long is the influx of new players from physical release going to last, when the majority are just casuals who aren't going to put up with all the game's problems for long. Not even mentioning balance or design, but gameplay stability, functionality and connectivity problems which all get in the way of a good time. Many of those players won't be interested in waiting around for fixes, they will simply move on to the next game without a second thought. 

Onto the score, I gave it a 3 as well. "Okay" is a pretty accurate representation of my thoughts on it these days, which is to say I'm growing indifferent about it. I feel I gave it my best shot, max level playing since release, and was very patient with the team behind it. But I think I'm due for a good break from it soon.

It's amusing to think that by the time I even get my physical copy (still waiting), I may not even be playing the game anymore. Much like by the time they roll out the dedicated servers, there may not even be enough of a playerbase to justify having them anymore.