Jump to content
Anonymous

Video showing Jason AI is possible.

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Anonymous said:

 

 

 

You are the hero we needed and the one we deserve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in the recent patch thread.

An AI Jason is going to be a must and needed if they go through with the always counselor/never Jason guaranteed preference.

He's going to have to be able to do a lot more than free swing though. Shift, shift/grab, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Junebug88559 said:

Why this does not get more attention i have no idea great stuff @Anonymous. Take a look at how its done  @GunMedia_Ben @[IllFonic]Courier any more excuses you got for us ?  

I don't think it warrants any attention from the devs and would actually hurt the game.  Single player as designed (counselor bots) fills in a demand that isn't really possible on multiplayer (letting everyone be Jason whenever they want).  This would just reduce the player base of multiplayer without offering anything really different than what you get with standard multiplayer.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

OMG he follows a person around. Such great AI guys.

The fact that the AI Jason isn't walking into walls or trying to climb out the window is the "great AI"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Like I said in the recent patch thread.

An AI Jason is going to be a must and needed if they go through with the always counselor/never Jason guaranteed preference.

He's going to have to be able to do a lot more than free swing though. Shift, shift/grab, etc.

They're just going to make it so that if every single player says they never want to be Jason, then one of them will be chosen at random. This will happen once in a blue moon no matter how hard they nerf Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mehtevas69 said:

The fact that the AI Jason isn't walking into walls or trying to climb out the window is the "great AI"

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Single player as designed (counselor bots) fills in a demand that isn't really possible on multiplayer (letting everyone be Jason whenever they want).  This would just reduce the player base of multiplayer without offering anything really different than what you get with standard multiplayer.  

This is what I always envisioned, a mode where I can play as Jason when I want and show my friends when they come over how awesome it is. But I never even once considered an AI JASON. And I don't know if I would like it very much after putting in over 50 hours playing against a human Jason. It will be like Street Fighter when you play against the computer, even at the highest difficulty level and the latest builds of the game, it just feels cheap. A human makes human mistakes, emotions come into play where they react and respond differently, patterns aren't as reliable and there are just too many circumstances. An AI Jason would most likely feel robotic and would chase us relentlessly then suddenly give up if he's distracted by someone else, while in real life, a human Jason may just chase you out of spite or stubbornness. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

You’re probably going to embarrass the devs with this video. I’d be embarrassed if I were them. 

I highly doubt there's much embarrassment in the offices of Illfonic, since their reasoning has more to do with making an AI Jason that knows the ins and outs of morphing, shifting, and stalking, and less to do with making an AI Jason that just tunnels and slashes you like some Level 1 noob. This isn't very impressive. Impressive would be going into Stalk mode and waiting for you to crawl through a window before Shift-grabbing you. 

I'm fairly certain they got at least this far in development before the idea was scrapped. 

Would anyone really want to play against this Jason? And if so, why? Other than virtually being guaranteed an escape, of course... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason ai understands grab range has been nerfed. Won't waste his time grabbing. Only slashes.

His shift must have been bugged that match.

I like how he misses the weapon attacks just like the game too. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would actually be kind of terrifying. Having a Jason AI relentlessly chase you around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StallonSilver said:

This is what I always envisioned, a mode where I can play as Jason when I want and show my friends when they come over how awesome it is. But I never even once considered an AI JASON. And I don't know if I would like it very much after putting in over 50 hours playing against a human Jason. It will be like Street Fighter when you play against the computer, even at the highest difficulty level and the latest builds of the game, it just feels cheap. A human makes human mistakes, emotions come into play where they react and respond differently, patterns aren't as reliable and there are just too many circumstances. An AI Jason would most likely feel robotic and would chase us relentlessly then suddenly give up if he's distracted by someone else, while in real life, a human Jason may just chase you out of spite or stubbornness. 

 

Lets add to it that an AI jason can never really "lose" you; you can have all the sense avoiding perks, but the AI KNOWS where where you are and will kill you when it feels like it.

I imagine it being like the AI in Evolve or Alien isolation, where you might be in something of a "safe spot", but the AI will orbit you because it's ruling says it isn't allowed to pinpoint you just yet, but it's allowed to be bungee tethered to you to prevent it from getting lost.

Compared to a REAL game, a human Jason can lose a counselor completely and take 15 minutes to find them if the counselor is careful and has the right perks. I just did this with tiffany and two sense avoidance perks, one requiring I hide inside a tent for it to work. An AI would MAYBE give a minute or two of "oh I can't find you" before it lands on your head and kills you.

OP, I think the work done is good for a start, but as they said, the problem isn't making an AI for Jason, it's making an AI that plays like a human. It can't be too stupid (not trapping the phone, not chasing a car, not hearing a repair fail), but it can't be too smart either (morphing to the exact map grid you're in and grabbing you, knowing when you have a pocket knife and slashing you, using knives with laser sight accuracy half a map away, etc). Finding the butter zone will, at best, make an AI similar to the one in Alien Isolation, which is STILL far from perfect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brevator said:

I highly doubt there's much embarrassment in the offices of Illfonic, since their reasoning has more to do with making an AI Jason that knows the ins and outs of morphing, shifting, and stalking, and less to do with making an AI Jason that just tunnels and slashes you like some Level 1 noob. This isn't very impressive. Impressive would be going into Stalk mode and waiting for you to crawl through a window before Shift-grabbing you. 

I'm fairly certain they got at least this far in development before the idea was scrapped. 

Would anyone really want to play against this Jason? And if so, why? Other than virtually being guaranteed an escape, of course... 

This.

I can never imagine playing a Jason like this would ever get more than a 1/8 in a match, if any at all. It'd make a decent tutorial mode for all the new players for sure, but nothing more than that. The Jason AI needs to calculate and know when to use it's morph, stalk, shift, throwing knives, traps, grab, and slash to it's most opportune use to be considered good enough to replicate the action of a human controller.

It's a little insulting to say you don't think the devs were able to created a Jason AI of that efficiency when it's safe to assume they were further along in their Jason AI than that before having to scrap it for its complexity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applaud this man for showing us some concept of proof. I'd assume this IPC guy is either an extremely talented hacker/modder or a developer at Gun Media making diaries of his coding accomplishments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

I don't think it warrants any attention from the devs and would actually hurt the game.  Single player as designed (counselor bots) fills in a demand that isn't really possible on multiplayer (letting everyone be Jason whenever they want).  This would just reduce the player base of multiplayer without offering anything really different than what you get with standard multiplayer.  

 

On 11/28/2017 at 3:46 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

To be honest a Jason AI would still be too easy to escape from. It would have to be as complicated as the Alien AI from Alien: Isolation to give you a decent run.

If they make Jason like the Alien in A:I then this would be perfect and SHOULD be made! It wouldn’t hurt the game it would add to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

 

If they make Jason like the Alien in A:I then this would be perfect and SHOULD be made! It wouldn’t hurt the game it would add to it!

Considering the Alien AI took four years to devise and implement Illphonic isn't up to the task. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 10:11 AM, Junebug88559 said:

Why this does not get more attention i have no idea great stuff @Anonymous. Take a look at how its done  @GunMedia_Ben @[IllFonic]Courier any more excuses you got for us ?  

According to the person that made the video, he has contacted illfonic and Gun Media. They already know about this....unless he's lying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...