Having snow in the game would be quite interesting because it will make it harder for the counselors and jason because snow is slippy and your slower than your normal speed and if you're outside for way too long then you get frostbite until you get a spray. 

1 hour ago, QueenTiffany said:

Having snow in the game would be quite interesting because it will make it harder for the counselors and jason because snow is slippy and your slower than your normal speed and if you're outside for way too long then you get frostbite until you get a spray. 

No we need the summer map. If you are outside too long you will have a heatstroke and die. The only way to survive is to put on your swimsuit and go in the water. 

2 hours ago, QueenTiffany said:

Almost all Friday The 13th movies take place in summer lol.

• Like 1

Honestly,  I would love to see a snow map. Just because it never appeared in the movies doesn't mean Jason wouldn't have hunted down people during the winter time. I could imagine them placing such a map maybe at the Voorhees mansion as well as the grounds outside?

Also, for everyone's information, winter/holiday camps do exist. They usually teach things like ice skating, survival in the winter outdoors, ice fishing, etc., but they definitely do exist for anyone who bothers using google. They also wouldn't be too difficult to balance since Jason mainly uses stealth/sense to find his victims, and for immersion purposes they could lock winter outfits so that you don't see counselors wearing swimsuits running around (albeit that, in real life, cold water swimming also exists).

1 hour ago, disco romance said:

Snow has never once appeared in a Friday film, so for me it doesn't make sense to include it.

Did Savini Jason pop up in any of the movies?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Did Savini Jason pop up in any of the movies?

No. But he has a good backstory and it fits sense he was dragged to hell.

Having snow maps would stray too far from tradition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MyersVoorhees said:

Having snow maps would stray too far from tradition.

Ok, seriously, this level of mentality is exactly why people struggle to innovate sometimes or accept changes for the better. For starters, it doesn't break immersion at all to believe a winter/holiday camp was opened in Crystal Lake, and it doesn't break immersion to believe Jason would hunt down people in the dead of winter.

I don't think he would give two craps about what season he would decide to murder intruders. If anything, he would find it incredibly convenient to murder people during the winter because he would be able to follow their footprints in the snow.

• Like 1

The reason nothing ever takes place in the winter or when snow falls, because the camps or locations normally revolved around the lake or the camp itself. which would be too freaking cold for anyone to want to visit, but that's REALITY THINKING.

this game is based off a movie, which defies that thinking.

SO I'm all for a snow like map just for something different, but please don't Christmas it up, it would just make things lame.

Please note I don't hate Christmas at all, I love it, just doesn't sit well for a horror theme.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beano2011 said:

Ice skating on the frozen lake, Jason better dust off his ice skates.

You joke, but imagine having the element of weak ice cracking, temporarily trapping your counselor in icy water and alerting Jason, but also having the possibility of it being a silent escape, if you successfully navigate only on stronger ice. Imagine a Jason kill, stomping someone to a pulp until the ice cracks under both of them, or spearing someone from under the ice and pulling them down.

22 hours ago, QueenTiffany said:

I love the idea but I'm the queen of Tiffanys 

Once they fix all the issues I could actually see this.  There are a lot of resorts up north that remain open or have people stay there to do upkeep.  Also people own cabins where kids go up to party(a friend of mines parents had one that we would go up to from time to time).  You can get stuck out there as well if a storm comes in.  Out in the middle of nowhere plows don’t make it up.  Winters can also be creepier due to the lack of any noise, it’s like a ghost town.  I wouldn’t poop on the idea just yet, but like I said, basic things need to be fixed first.   

16 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Just no. This game needs complete fixing and balance. You want the players to be fucked over again by turning the whole scenario into Home Alone?

This could be the next game they develop years down the line. All they need is the Home Alone license, it would be something right up their alley

1. You Play as Kevin McCallister voiced by Macaulay Culkin

2. You Play as Harry or Marv, voiced by Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern

Its a 2vs1 asymmetrical fighting game where as Kevin. Its your job to barricade your home in Chicago or In New York to prevent the burglars from robbing the place and/or killing you, while you get them arrested. Obviously, you play with the canon and make Kevin about 20 years old now for realism purposes. You can place traps inside the homes that knock the bandits out and they do have health bars just like you, so they have to avoid traps.

Kickstarter items to purchase

1. Tim Curry's Concierge character as an alternate to Harry or Marv...he'll cost 6 dollars and is a backer exclusive

2. Kevin's older brother Buzz McCallister as an alternate to Kevin...he'll cost 6 dollars and is a backer exclusive

3. New Clothing pack that allows Kevin to dress as Rambo and Marv/Harry come with prison inmate outfits as backer exclusives...those cost 3 dollars

The stock game comes with...

1. Two maps...Kevin's home and the abandoned New York apartment building

Future content will include the Toy Store from Home Alone 2, the Pigeon lady from Home Alone 2 and Old Man Marley from Home Alone 1

tumblr_oikr6esULG1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

On 11/27/2017 at 0:38 AM, disco romance said:

Snow has never once appeared in a Friday film, so for me it doesn't make sense to include it.

The sequel to the 2009 remake would have been set in the winter at Camp Crystal Lake. I personally would have loved to have seen this made.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2017/10/script-pages-for-winter-set-friday-13th.html

23 hours ago, Gdain said:

Once they fix all the issues I could actually see this.  There are a lot of resorts up north that remain open or have people stay there to do upkeep.  Also people own cabins where kids go up to party(a friend of mines parents had one that we would go up to from time to time).  You can get stuck out there as well if a storm comes in.  Out in the middle of nowhere plows don’t make it up.  Winters can also be creepier due to the lack of any noise, it’s like a ghost town.  I wouldn’t poop on the idea just yet, but like I said, basic things need to be fixed first.   

I see where you're getting at, but remember, this game set around a creepy summer atmosphere at one point influenced spring break outfits and a Halloween costume pack, then the next thing you know we had a raid full of the justice league and mystery inc tea bagging and dancing, why? Because it was part of a Halloween theme pack and Halloween fits right into a horror game, so it's acceptable. I get the idea of trying to make the halloween costumes aim for sex appeal, since that's quite common in slasher movies, but I honestly find it hard to believe somebody like Maddy Paulson from Part VII would include a bunny outfit on their list of choices to look attractive. I'm not saying others can't be attracted to that, but if you combine that into this type of horror gameplay, you make all the other halloween costumes look like complete jokes, lose credibility and only make it add more damage to immersion. How long before a snow map will start to encourage elves and reindeers?

Also, OP mentioned about the snow limiting Jason and the counselor's ability to run, even if all the issues were fixed, these changes related to the snow could have a good possibility overshadowing any good changes the game went through, making the updates seem pointless in the first place. Community gets an uproar and we'll be back at square one repeating history again. Unless you're talking a completely separate game mode or one of those online holiday events that are once per year, I wouldn't even bother, not the worth risk. 

On 11/26/2017 at 4:29 PM, QueenTiffany said:

A nice Jason kill would be him in a Santa clause suit and he sits them on his lap while he sticks a candy cane right through their head or an animation where it shows a counselor running and Jason throws his weapon at their leg to make them crawl and then he goes to their body and steps on their back still alive he takes his axe out of their leg and chops off their head.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:10 PM, Trident77 said:

Honestly,  I would love to see a snow map. Just because it never appeared in the movies doesn't mean Jason wouldn't have hunted down people during the winter time. I could imagine them placing such a map maybe at the Voorhees mansion as well as the grounds outside?

Also, for everyone's information, winter/holiday camps do exist. They usually teach things like ice skating, survival in the winter outdoors, ice fishing, etc., but they definitely do exist for anyone who bothers using google. They also wouldn't be too difficult to balance since Jason mainly uses stealth/sense to find his victims, and for immersion purposes they could lock winter outfits so that you don't see counselors wearing swimsuits running around (albeit that, in real life, cold water swimming also exists).

What about the lake being frozen over and while Jason breaks through it, the counselors will walk on top of it? They would have their top run speed still, but Jason could chase them and even pull them through the ice.

As for the car; I'd make it able to be on the ice, but if jason catches it, he sinks it and EVERYONE IN IT dies.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:25 AM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You joke, but imagine having the element of weak ice cracking, temporarily trapping your counselor in icy water and alerting Jason, but also having the possibility of it being a silent escape, if you successfully navigate only on stronger ice. Imagine a Jason kill, stomping someone to a pulp until the ice cracks under both of them, or spearing someone from under the ice and pulling them down.

Imaging nerfing Jason so that he slips on the Ice after missing a nerf grab on Vanessa.