tyrant666

"Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?

9 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Did he really say that Jason had not been nerfed at all? Because that's like claiming that fish don't swim.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Randy denied Jason being nerfed publicly, yet we hear different on the forums. Get on the same page and give everyone the correct information please! 

That's literally one of the biggest problems with these guys. No one is on the same book,let alone the same page.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kaelum said:

I’m sorry, but I have to laugh hysterically at this.  I have a group of about 34 players that I used to play with in PUBLIC matches, where anywhere from 3-7 of us would group together at one time.  There was always at least 10 of us on at any one time, and all but a couple had Jason preferences, as we all sincerely believed that Jason was the most fun to play.  Not one of us cared about any other content, except for the new maps.  While the maps were a challenge at first, we all learned that they truly are no different than the original maps.  You just need to know how to play them, which we did.  Not one of use thought that the grab was over reaching, and we definitely had no problem getting out as counceleors.  Not one of use cared, nor did we buy, the clothing DLCs.

Within 2 weeks of the last patch, almost every single person in the group stopped playing F13 completely.  A couple still play, but everyone else is playing other games.  Those who are still interested in a F13 type game moved on to Dead by Daylight (DBD), where we bought EVERY expansion, and for less than what we paid for F13.  I would consider F13 a kiddy version of DBD, as DBD is a much more robust game, and has an extremely high learning curve.  You get points for everything, every time you do it, not just once per match.  Half of your points come from working with others, and half of those come from HELPING OTHERS.  A concept that doesn’t even exist in F13.

So, I can’t see how you can possibly stand by the statement that content is the reason that the game is failing.  The game failed due to the arrogance of Gun Media, it’s founders, the developers, and the lack of creating a robust game.  Sure, the game will sputter around for years like Neverquest and others, but does anyone want to play a sputtering game?  I was looking forward to coming back to a playable game, but with the latest statements made by Randy and @[IllFonic]Courier, I have little confidence that anything will ever change.

So you left F13 because of the grab change. You then went to DbD which is extremely survivor sided and the most skill you need is looping around objects till you need to drop a pallet. You also bought all the DLC for DbD but somehow content in F13 wasn't a problem. Your entire argument was self defeating statements.

11 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

We can always try that next time for you. Suggestions and questions like this are pivotal in getting a better understanding of game mechanics for everyone.  It is hard to measure by stand rug size and decor. 

Edit: sorry for double post but first citation was on the last page and hadn't read the next quote yet. Tried to edit and get it in the same one but couldn't efficiently do it from my phone. 

Something i noticed in all those video is that Jason is always standing still, is the counsellor moving near him but, in game, usually is the opposite. Try to make a video of a "real" situation of he game with both Jason and the counselor moving and running

31 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

So you left F13 because of the grab change. You then went to DbD which is extremely survivor sided and the most skill you need is looping around objects till you need to drop a pallet. You also bought all the DLC for DbD but somehow content in F13 wasn't a problem. Your entire argument was self defeating statements.

You obviously haven’t played DBD very much, or at all, if that is what you truly believe.  All of the DLCs for DBD are playable content, new killers, and new maps (all of which are tiny compared to F13).  NONE of it is crappy clothing or emotes.  You are trying to compare apples and oranges.  Nice try, but no cigar.

12 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Probably that it's the player pointing their control stick in their direction, and the attack animation can be "aimed" at them after activation.

It isn't this. The only thing touched after lining up the tests with Jason was the attack trigger. The control sticks were left neutral (at least when I was Jason). I honestly don't think it is auto-aim or thumbstick bumps. I think it is the step forward animation causing Jason's hitbox (weapon or body) to clip into the counselor hit box, which causes him to turn because his own hitbox is snagged. I could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

You obviously haven’t played DBD very much, or at all, if that is what you truly believe.  All of the DLCs for DBD are playable content, new killers, and new maps (all of which are tiny compared to F13).  NONE of it is crappy clothing or emotes.  You are trying to compare apples and oranges.  Nice try, but no cigar.

You were the one comparing the 2 games. I play them both. They are not even comparable. They are both fun, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. But DBD is in no way “robust”, as you described it. There’s nothing deep about it. It’s a fun quick play game. 

3 hours ago, Blinckx said:

Something i noticed in all those video is that Jason is always standing still, is the counsellor moving near him but, in game, usually is the opposite. Try to make a video of a "real" situation of he game with both Jason and the counselor moving and running

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we talked about. Rarely are players stationary. However, just like in science, you have to have control data to begin the experiments. That's why in some of the last videos, we practiced running at him with different pings. I am sure we will do more of these videos sometime. Check how movement affects body orientation and such.

I'm just glad they fixed the forum color scheme.

Very important. Now everyone stop complaining about everything else!

:rolleyes:

Seriously,you guys that are doing tests and actually backing things up with data should probably get to be in one of those Skype sessions with the developers............

• Like 1

The most important things to change are:

1. Widen the grab range. The length is fine.

2. Fix the issues with combat stance and attack delays.

3. Improve melee hit detection for Jason. Jason should be able to hit crouching counselors as well as just make it easier to chop counselors in general.

4. Either remove combat lock on or add a toggle. It gets in the way more often than not.

5. In the future add more kinds of melee attacks that have a different swing arc. Part 6 and Savini need a horizontal swipe and most others need a kind of straightforward stab or slice attack for tight spaces. For instance a stab attack with part 7.

• Like 1

So I tried some shift grabbing tests and realized that I've always been double tapping the grab button coming out of shift.

Before this patch, while shifting, pressing grab once used to activate the grab? 

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

So I tried some shift grabbing tests and realized that I've always been double tapping the grab button coming out of shift.

Before this patch, while shifting, pressing grab once used to activate the grab? 

The change was months ago, but I believe that was how it worked. Or at the very least if you double tapped you'd grab while coming out of shift instead of there being a delay. Shift grabbing used to be a lot easier, even before the grab nerf.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

The change was months ago, but I believe that was how it worked. Or at the very least if you double tapped you'd grab while coming out of shift instead of there being a delay. Shift grabbing used to be a lot easier, even before the grab nerf.

So double tapping prevents the delay or no?  

As an aside, whatever they did to the forum in the last few minutes made things much better.

1 minute ago, TimmyJarvis said:

So double tapping prevents the delay or no?  

As an aside, whatever they did to the forum in the last few minutes made things much better.

Nah, there's nothing you can do about it now. Previously you could grab while coming out of shift, but that was removed months ago. I'm not sure when it was removed or if it even made it into the game itself. I remember in the beta it was necessary to catch Vanessa because she could outjog Jason even when out of stamina.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Nah, there's nothing you can do about it now. Previously you could grab while coming out of shift, but that was removed months ago. I'm not sure when it was removed or if it even made it into the game itself. I remember in the beta it was necessary to catch Vanessa because she could outjog Jason even when out of stamina.

Thanks for that explanation.  

6 hours ago, Kaelum said:

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Downloadable_Content

The majority of the DLC on DbD is clothing. You should stop talking shit when you know nothing.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

There are 4 cosmetic DLCs, most of which are pretty awful and overpriced, and 5 DLCs that add killers, with 4 of them also adding a survivor.

So the other 11 you are leaving out on purpose or what?

Just now, Jawbone said:

So the other 11 you are leaving out on purpose or what?

Are you really going to count some exclusive streamer garbage? People can't buy that, unless you count spending hundreds of dollars on Amazon.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Are you really going to count some exclusive streamer garbage? People can't buy that, unless you count spending hundreds of dollars on Amazon.

The devs spent time making that shit and they are listed as DLCs.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yes. One press was all it took.

Guys I just wanna say how good it feels to know that so many hardcore fans of this game and franchise are on the same page in terms of what has become of Jason and overall gameplay of what once was a true Friday the 13th simulation.

I tried venting on the Steam forums last week but all I received was Git Gud, Git Gud. I noticed right away that the die hard fans post more on this forum and understand our shared frustrations. I was pretty good with Jason 6 and 8 averaging 6/8 kills once I practiced long enough and got comfortable with combat stance/blocking and securing the objectives. I put in 50 hours between May and July then stopped playing after all the banning and team killing fiasco that ruined the online experience back then.

I returned to the game last week after the nerf patch, excited to see the Jarvis house, Jason 4 and the weather effects and instead what I got was an embarrassing display of my skills after lucking out and rolling Jason on my first match. I couldn't grab a counselor to save my life, couldn't shift grab, couldn't smash windows how I was used to, got stunned breaking the door down by someone inside with a bat, got circle jerk stunned, got trolled, when I finally grabbed someone I was pocket knifed of course, and in the end I got 3/8 kills, my lowest score since my first time ever playing the game...

You see I was among the many who purchased this game upon release in late May and despite the negative reviews it garnered due to all the glitching and the frowned upon 1 in 8 chances of playing as Jason, I defended it like a biased fanboy...ignoring the lobby issues, the glitching exploits, the sudden crashes, etc. I found many glitches to be hysterical in nature but kept mum about it because it was a dream come true to even be playing a game that was developed with so much attention to detail going as far as hiring Kane Hodder for the motion captures of Jason which gave it that authentic touch.

First time I played the game, I felt so much anxiety that I ran straight into a cabin and hid under a bed the moment I heard the Ki Ki Ma Ma which blended right into the background ambient music. Some of the cues in the music had nothing to do with Jason being near but I didn't know that yet so I would panic the minute something sounded more intense. I spent my first few matches going from bed to closet to bed and when Jason finally showed up, smashing all the windows and breaking down the door, I stood there frozen like a dear in headlights and didn't even bother running and watched him kill me as I swallowed my own heart from the paralyzing fear he had caused. 

I still remember the moments when I developed enough courage to jog around and actually look for key items or that first time someone called the cops and I survived long enough inside a tent watching that counter hit 0. The fear/anxiety blended with adrenaline as I ran towards the police was so intense that I would sometimes self sabotage my own escape by sprinting like a maniac as Jason would suddenly spawn in front of me and slaughter me. Sigh.

Never did I complain that it was too hard or unfair. As I got better and learned how to use AJ for her strengths I started surviving longer, later I learned about teamwork and actually helping others with the repairing of the fuse box and the car/boat parts. I learned when to stay in a pack and when to isolate, when to heal myself or heal a partner, etc. First time I drove the car I picked up a couple of fellow counselors along the way, juked Jason by luck, but spun out and crashed right at the freaking exit from panic. But the guys with me in the car were forgiving and we laughed a lot and we became friends. It was all part of the experience.

All that is gone now. The matches I play I feel no anxiety as I view Jason as a wimp now who I can juke even when crippled and outta stamina. I still die on occasion but I escape 8 out of 10 matches or I'm at least the last survivor as AJ. I fix the car and other players drive off without me. I fix the boat and ppl sail without me, including Tommy who should stay until the end of the match. The game has become toxic, more so than when ppl were team killing a few months ago before that was changed up.

I played a match last night where we fixed up all escape vehicles but the group wanted to go troll Jason instead of actually escaping. I wanted to escape but with a shotgun on hand I figured I'd go with them. The trolling that was done to Jason was beyond embarrassing that I just left everyone and escaped on my own, shotgun fully loaded with that 1 shot. 

Playing as Jason now is a pain in the ass, frustrating, and not as fun or satisfying as it once was before the nerf patch. I miss the original Jason. The hardcore badass that we all loved from the movies. The developers are not tools, they once gave us a great game, buggy yes, but true to the films which made us die hard Jason fans very happy. They knew exactly what they were doing. What is happening now with all this nerfing and unneeded balancing has got to do more with executive investors breathing down their neck in order to sell more copies to the masses especially now that the game has proven to be a hit after it broke the 2 million copies sold mark. I can't fathom it could be anything else. These guys brought in Savini and Hodder to the team for God's sake. Why would these hardcore F13 developers who went above and beyond to make this game true to the films sellout to the kids and crybabies that complained that being a counselor was too hard? It makes no sense. They have been corporately tapped into.

Of course that doesn't bring back the original Jason and game play we all enjoyed a few months back. Neither will all our discussions about the nerf patch cuz apparently they are not reading this nor responding. It's really sad that we continue playing this nerfed abomination. I'm guilty of this too. I finally unlocked Jason Part 9 last night after adapting to the nerfed gameplay. In a way this is encouraging the devs to keep ignoring the true fans who were their biggest supporters from Day 1. I'd be curious to see if everyone who agrees that Jason has been nerfed and are upset at how much our voices have been ignored would be willing to boycott the game altogether at a specific date where a significant drop in server play would be noticed and if this would even have an impact?

Sorry for the rant but sometimes we just gotta vent :)

• Like 5

@StallonSilver

Well written.

Yeah that sums up a lot of the rational players around here. We still have some people that want to preach "patience" but I've been here since the beginning and its refreshing to finally see (mostly) everyone wake up. I've been called out for being toxic and insulted by players that now share my views,or have even said worse things then I ever did about the state of the game.  Although I can't condone anyone who takes things over the line with their negativity/hatred,and we have a few of those types around here too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jawbone said:

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Downloadable_ContentThe majority of the DLC on DbD is clothing. You should stop talking shit when you know nothing.

ROFLMAO....Try looking at the PS4 add-ons, and I bought everything at the Halloween discount price.  I'm still laughing, "Help, I can't get up!"  LOL

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/dead by daylight

10 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

ROFLMAO....Try looking at the PS4 add-ons, and I bought everything at the Halloween discount price.  I'm still laughing, "Help, I can't get up!"  LOL

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/dead by daylight

Yes I should always assume with no context that everyone plays the inferior version of a game. Hows Bill treating you? Oh wait.