tyrant666

"Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?

8 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

If Jason doesn't get back his original grab and Jason's ability to hit counselors is improved, I don't think anything will fix the problem. Up until the nerf, I could count survivors from my matches as Jason on my fingers. Now, I'm lucky to get 4 kills a match and that's with unorganized lobbies. If the counselors know what they're doing, you can get blanked with regularity. Jason's just an old, soft, retarded boy that gets beat up at summer camp these days. This is why so many have switched to counselor spawn preference. Playing Jason now is an embarrassing and humiliating experience. Since I still have my spawn preference set to Jason, I'm going as the soft tardo in about 1/2 of my games. People are now not quitting matches because they didn't get Jason, they're quitting because they DID get Jason. When nobody wants to be Bitch Voorhees, there's no game.

ahh...I still love playing Jason! Its not really Jason that needs a buff, its the counselors that need a downgrade. 7 pocket knives, 4 shotguns, 11 med-sprays a round is outrageous. When I play Jason i get pissed when people juke the shit out of me. But when I play a counselor i enjoy smacking Jason's ass :( Its only because the Devs don't give a f*ck about the community that we have these problems.

Put a cone on the counselors camera so that if they are going forward but looking behind themselves at the same time stumble chance increased by a lot. Would be a lot harder to manage stamina and keep an eye on Jason when being chased.

Been preaching this for a while but taking away Jasons boom box would be a much needed buff and make the game scarier.

Make stalk permanent. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Been preaching this for a while but taking away Jasons boom box would be a much needed buff and make the game scarier.

Make stalk permanent. 

Same here.  I usually play with the music off anyway. 

17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Make stalk permanent. 

I like it. That would keep counsellors on their toes for sure.

42 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Make stalk permanent. 

Personally I'd rather that the counselor starts hearing Jason's signature movie music (depending on the Part chosen) when a counselor starts to reach high levels of fear. As much as I hate Part 9, the music is cool, and it would be depressing to no longer hear that kind of music at all when Jason is chasing you.

I'd say maybe when a counselor reaches Stage 3-4 fear (the last two when you start getting the stumbling/stamina regeneration penalties). It would make sense because a counselor is panicking by then, and the music playing for the counselor at that point would make it feel like an authentic Friday the 13th movie.

Edit: Also, each Jason should be able to hear their own signature theme (e.g. Part 6 hearing Part 6 music), not just the counselor. Makes no sense to me why Jason can't hear his own theme, especially since if I'm Retro Jason I demand to be hearing 8-bit chip tunes the entire time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Edit: Also, each Jason should be able to hear their own signature theme (e.g. Part 6 hearing Part 6 music), not just the counselor. Makes no sense to me why Jason can't hear his own theme, especially since if I'm Retro Jason I demand to be hearing 8-bit chip tunes the entire time.

Hearing SJ's theme screeching constantly would make my ears bleed methinks.:lol:

Hearing that theme as a counselor is unnerving as hell. Hearing it all match would be a level of torture punishable under Geneva Conventions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Hearing SJ's theme screeching constantly would make my ears bleed methinks.:lol:

Hearing that theme as a counselor is unnerving as hell. Hearing it all match would be a level of torture punishable under Geneva Conventions.

I agree, while i like the music for each Jason except the chip tune for nes Jason, i think it would be better if the only time it plays if if he is within a certain radius of you and you are looking at him or being actively chased. Otherwise it should just be the environment sounds that we should hear.

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Oh, I should've been more specific. I mean whenever chasing down someone, the music starts playing for Jason as well as the counselor when the counselor reaches a certain threshold of fear. There's a theme that plays specifically when chasing down a counselor, but when Jason's own music starts to play, that's a sign the counselor is starting to panic. That right there would be Friday the 13th goodness.

Also, when using Stalk, the music ceases to play for Jason as well as the counselor for thematic reasons. It should, IMO, also hide the footsteps that Jason makes, but at least it also increases the in-game audio that a counselor makes while you have Stalk mode on.

Just now, Trident77 said:

Oh, I should've been more specific.

Ah! Ok. Gotcha. I was beginning to think you were an extreme masochist/sadist.:lol:

I could see THAT working as you just stated.

• Thanks 1

Had this happen tonight. First time i have seen this myself but i have no doubts others probably have but wanted to share.

• Haha 1