tyrant666

"Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?

Not gonna lie, as Jason I feel like I'm on the defensive the entire game. It feels like if I leave my shack there is a high probability that I will be killed. Maybe players are getting better but Jason is definitely getting worse. No doubt in my mind that Jason is a shell of his former self. It was stated that killing Jason was gonna be a difficult and rare thing but let's face it,  it's not rocket science to kill the guy. He can't handle large groups of people at once so he either has to attempt to fight and get his ass beat and wait while the counselors prep for his demise or constantly block and watch as counselors pred for his demise. Short of standing in the shack doorway and blocking all game there's a good chance he's gonna die. He is just too Underpowered to put up a good fight and he should be slaughtering these teens with relative ease not running away. 

Your only real hope is a disorganized group or just being the most superb Jason anyone has ever seen. And, since most people play in groups or lfgs you better hope you are the most superb Jason because communication is usually on point in those  groups. 

13 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

If the devs need photo proof shit is out of control i can provide some.

Stockpile 1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Here is another pic showing item spawn amounts that i found

Stockpile 2.jpg

Jesus, that's a fucking arsenal. They're preparing the counselors for a zombie apocalypse.

Thanks for sharing those.

3 minutes ago, DiegoElFuego said:

I'm just glad that the counselor preference is now 100% not Jason.

Even though I have changed to counselor only, I still prefer if Jason was a challenge. Getting killed has to be my mistake, and even so, thats by getting fixated on a car thats been stopped. Or usually running into a space with one way out. And even then, a lot of times, Jason's t-rex arms will let me slip through a space that I completely should not.

That's the exact right attitude- I agree fully. I want to lose to skill, not broken mechanics.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Jesus, that's a fucking arsenal. They're preparing the counselors for a zombie apocalypse.

Thanks for sharing those.

That's the exact right attitude- I agree fully. I want to lose to skill, not broken mechanics.

No problem, I did this for 2 matches to see just how much would spawn and as you can see, i managed to find quite a bit. In the first stoclpile pic there is 5 med sprays, now with the med perk and from what others have said is you can duplicate the affected sprays by med perk it just makes it beyond out of control

• Like 1

jason needs to be more resistant to weapon damage and counselors ganging up on him. thats why i hope the next jason skin will be stronger and deranged.

2 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

jason needs to be more resistant to weapon damage and ganing up on him. thats why i hope the next jason skin will be stronger and deranged.

The Individual Jason isn't the core issue sadly, it is all of his tools and the game mechanics. They need to fix all the bugs and his nerfs before worrying about a stronger Jason

yeah your right,but i would like to see a super strong jason for sale in the playstation store.maybe another savini skin a deranged sackhead bloody jason with half of his face showing.

1 minute ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

yeah your right,but i would like to see a super strong jason for sale in the playstation store.maybe another savini skin a deranged sackhead bloody jason with half of his face showing.

I am all for new designs and new unique Jason's but i think before they worry about new content they really need to focus and fix the issues that plague the game not only today but since launch that still exist.

• Like 1

so im thi nking by looking at the map in april there will be a new jason. the mechanichs and defenses against jason i agree need tweaked. but will the new jason on the map be a savini jason.

Of course as games go on people get better at it and have different strategies in their arsenal. But come on now... this is friday the 13th and no matter what jason should be op. Buff him up... it should be an achievment to survive once in a whole night of playing this game.

1 minute ago, Jballz said:

Of course as games go on people get better at it and have different strategies in their arsenal. But come on now... this is friday the 13th and no matter what jason should be op. Buff him up... it should be an achievment to survive once in a whole night of playing this game.

Exactly. Sad thing is that this was what Gun Media stated was how it should be before and when the game launched. Now it is tipped in the counselors favor and apparently Jason is Just fine.

12 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Exactly. Sad thing is that this was what Gun Media stated was how it should be before and when the game launched. Now it is tipped in the counselors favor and apparently Jason is Just fine.

Yeah they certainly backpedaled pretty hard on that one,especially after all the posts from @wes (before launch of course) about true horror,how Jason is supposed to be OP mwhahahahaha, etc.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Yeah they certainly backpedaled pretty hard on that one,especially after all the posts from @wes (before launch of course) about true horror etc.

That is what happens when they buckle to a bunch of whiners who probably never watched the films and cried it was too hard. It is supposed to be. It is Jason F'n Voorhees. You should be struggling to survive not teabagging and dancing around him.

Well they are right... jason is fine and will live on. All they need in the next update is to give jason his purse and heels back!

1 minute ago, Jballz said:

Well they are right... jason is fine and will live on. All they need in the next update is to give jason his purse and heels back!

My Dr. Pepper almost became acquainted with my keyboard. That was funny. well played, well played

I've been thinking of a way to make Jason stronger lately. Something which would provide a reason for the amount of pocket knives, a reason for the grab nerf and also effectively counter group combat with a very simple solution. This is completely OP but somehow I think it could work.

The idea is that upon grabbing, the counselor is instantly killed. No opportunity for grab save, no opportunity to break out of grab, just instant death. The design would have to take space requirements for kills into consideration, but it's not necessary to delve into that right now.

I got the idea from watching the movies again lately, and the way the counselors always die. There is no grab, they don't have the chance to resist. Jason just comes out of nowhere and kills them instantly. This would allow true Stalk kills in a way that's faithful to the films, and even encourage more of a stealth playstyle for Jason which has always been his true nature.

I rarely make posts of this kind these days, but just something to put out there and see what people think. 

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

I've been thinking of a way to make Jason stronger lately. Something which would provide a reason for the amount of pocket knives, a reason for the grab nerf and also effectively counter group combat with a very simple solution. This is completely OP but somehow I think it could work.

The idea is that upon grabbing, the counselor is instantly killed. No opportunity for grab save, no opportunity to break out of grab, just instant death. The design would have to take space requirements for kills into consideration, but it's not necessary to delve into that right now.

I got the idea from watching the movies again lately, and the way the counselors always die. There is no grab, they don't have the chance to resist. Jason just comes out of nowhere and kills them instantly. This would allow true Stalk kills in a way that's faithful to the films, and even encourage more of a stealth playstyle for Jason which has always been his true nature.

I rarely make posts of this kind these days, but just something to put out there and see what people think. 

While i do like this idea i can see the counselor mains and all the teabaggers crying that this would be unfair because it would lower the amount of counselors running towards jason so they can teabag and dance around him. I see your idea as a great concept and would make pocket knives that much more valuable and have even more of a purpose and give Jason his testicles back. However even if this idea was ever implemented, once all the crybabies start crying the Devs would buckle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

even if this idea was ever implemented, once all the crybabies start crying the Devs would buckle.

Sad... but true. 

I've been playing for a bit now and I think most people agree that the amount of pocket knives is absurd.  I was thinking about a way to nerf the knives: how about when Jason has his rage on there is a chance that the knife won't work?  I know this would be hard to change but I think once he gets pissed off, he's not going to care that a little knife is in his neck.

You know i am honestly surprised counselors don't have an emote where they just piss all over jason's face when he is knocked down.

37 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Its completely ridiculous to be frank. You rarely see anyone actually try to balance Jason in a serious meaningful way because they usually have no idea how to do it.

Even if you did do something outrageous like this you would still have people complain about how OP counselors are because they can push multiple objectives at once which is Jason's true weakness which is he can't be everywhere at once. Nothing short of a complete game overhaul can salvage the game to a point where Jason players would be happy.

Thats not it at all... its not making the jason players happy? It shouldnt be making anyone happy. Friday the 13th is about a brutal masked killer where people rarely fucking survive. It is NOT counsellors gone wild and an iconic killer being the one getting bent over. SHAME 

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Its completely ridiculous to be frank. You rarely see anyone actually try to balance Jason in a serious meaningful way because they usually have no idea how to do it.

You've been around here long enough that you would've no doubt seen plenty of my posts educating people on effective strategies and counters as Jason. If you don't think I have any idea on this topic, feel free to test my knowledge.

I did preface that the idea was completely OP, so you should approach it with an open mind. Yes it is outrageous, but I also feel it could be a very simple solution compared to the alternatives, like a complete overhaul of combat. Jason is not equipped to deal with groups, and it has always been his biggest weakness. Something like this would instantly make him a threat again, with virtually no other changes needed. 

I'm fine with criticism, just don't assume things based on spontaneous ideas. 

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Even if you did do something outrageous like this you would still have people complain about how OP counselors are because they can push multiple objectives at once which is Jason's true weakness which is he can't be everywhere at once. Nothing short of a complete game overhaul can salvage the game to a point where Jason players would be happy.

Personally I have no problem with counselors split pushing objectives. It's strategy I've come to expect as Jason and what I do as counselor myself. Objectives are what the game is centered around, and every Jason should be aware of that and base their gameplay around it. Counter strategy can always be learned and improved, but a lack of effective tools is quite a different thing.

Jason doesn't need to be everywhere at once. He just needs the ability to dominate any one place he's at, especially counselors contesting an objective which is where the majority of group combat occurs.

• Thanks 1