tyrant666

"Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?

13 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The devs, like 99% of all devs, are probably bad at their own game so they don't even really notice the difference. You still wipe everyone in quick play right? I've never lost a counselor yet since the nerfs.

I have had approximately 15 games since the nerf. Two of those games as Jason. The first as Jason, I got 4/8 as J8, my old main. This is where my ire comes from. I used to random select Jason, but if someone pissed me off, I switch to J8. So getting 4/8 with my main was infuriating to me.

People in MY lobby taunted me saying I was a bad Jason, so I switched to J3 and wiped the lobby in my next Jason turn. The problem, though, was that getting that 8/8 was a CHORE. It wasn't fun. Not like it used to be. It was Boring with a capital B. I refuse to play the game until they fix what they broke.

As a side note, I always tried to host and I never quit a lobby unless someone was cheating. So PS4 lost a good host, I guess.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2017 at 11:12 PM, bewareofbears said:

You guys are stuck with me until this game is working properly, then I'll be playing the game. :)

Lmao same. Haven't been on since right after part 4 dropped.

Good to see this thread still going! At least, item spawning only in cabins and the fuse spawning next to the phone box problems will be fixed. Campfires and tents will actually be important for once!

If the devs can encourage in-map exploration (not only cabins), they can fix and buff Jason too!

''Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?''

Yes

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gooby said:

''Jason hasn't been nerfed, the Counselors have just gotten better" Do you believe this?''

(snip)

This statement is not true.

Yes, the counselors have improved, but Jason has been nerfed into the ground.

8 hours ago, Caulus said:

This statement is not true.

Yes, the counselors have improved, but Jason has been nerfed into the ground.

Have they improved? I still haven't lost a single counselor after dozens of post-nerf Jason matches.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Jason sucks. Big time.

They made him a pathetic joke. Much to the joy of some, I'm close to saying fuck this game.

At this rate it’s more fun playing the killer on another particular game *coughs DBD*

• Like 1

Just now, BoxingRouge said:

At this rate it’s more fun playing the killer on another particular game *coughs DBD.”

Is this a joke? You can't even kill people in DbD, and now they've made it so you can't even facecamp properly. They just waltz up and rescue someone off a hook with no consequences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Is this a joke? You can't even kill people in DbD, and now they've made it so you can't even facecamp properly. They just waltz up and rescue someone off a hook with no consequences.

Well I’m having no problem killing  survivors, If they won against me good game to them, plus I don’t facecamp just so I can get 1 kill because I would’ve most likely missed out on more kills if I went to chase the others. When I get camped I tell the others just fix the generators and escape. Whilst one is hooked I’m gone looking for more survivors breaking generators and breaking thrown pallets 

7 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

Well I’m having no problems killers survivors, Plus I don’t facecamp just so I can get 1 kill.

Hey Boxing, I’ll see you in game tomorrow.  @MichaelMemers obviously doesn’t know how to play DBD.  Anyone who thinks that “facecamp[ing]” a survivor is a good tactic, does not know anything about the game, and probably barely gets any blood points.

19 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

Hey Boxing, I’ll see you in game tomorrow.  @MichaelMemers obviously doesn’t know how to play DBD.  Anyone who thinks that “facecamp[ing]” a survivor is a good tactic, does not know anything about the game, and probably barely gets any blood points.

Facecamping is a good tactic when people are swarming the hook with Borrowed Time instead of working on generators to entice the killer to leave the hooked player. Or at least, this strategy was effective, so the devs made it so you could unhook from any side, meaning the survivors call the shots even at the hook. I don't think you understand how DbD is played at high ranks. It makes Jason bullying look tame by comparison.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

You can through the use of perks and offerings.

Facecamping is unnecessary, it was eliminated for a reason.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Facecamping is a good tactic when people are swarming the hook with Borrowed Time instead of working on generators to entice the killer to leave the hooked player. Or at least, this strategy was effective, so the devs made it so you could unhook from any side, meaning the survivors call the shots even at the hook. I don't think you understand how DbD is played at high ranks. It makes Jason bullying look tame by comparison.

Like I said, you don’t understand the game at all.  Letting survivors get other survivors off the hook, should play right into your hands, increase your blood points, and thus lower your rank.  There are so many levels to the game that you are obviously missing.

2 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

Like I said, you don’t understand the game at all.  Letting survivors get other survivors off the hook, should play right into your hands, increase your blood points, and thus lower your rank.  There are so many levels to the game that you are obviously missing.

If you let them get off the hook they'll escape through the magic of Borrowed Time, Self-Care, body blocking and voice communication. Every time you try to break a pallet you will get blinded with a flashlight while stuck in the animation.

Facecamping is unnecessary, it was eliminated for a reason.

Facecamping was eliminated because it allowed the killer to shut down any attempt to rescue the survivor at the cost of making it very easy for survivors to rush the generators and get out. SWF parties didn't like that they would be forced to either escape without the whole group making it out, or play smart and stealthy in order to rescue people. Facecamping was only worth it when you had 2-3 people swarming you as you walk to the hook and brazenly trying to unhook in your face before you can even go to check on generators. Now, the killer is powerless even when camping in his ground at the cost of letting them make progress.

Kinda feel the DbD debate should be in the off topic tbh. 

For both games the thing is, "survivors" can have the game tipped to them all they want. But when there is no one to play the other side because of it ... that little fest will be over with, along with the game.

@MichaelMemers there is so much that you are missing.  You should be moving on to another survivor, instead of fixating on the one that you have hooked.  With certain perks, and the right killer, you might not even want to hook anyone, and leave them in the dying state until the end.  You need to think outside of the box, as the game has so many ways of being played, and playing the same the same way for each match just doesn’t work.  You need to play the players, not just the game.

2 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

@MichaelMemers there is so much that you are missing.  You should be moving on to another survivor, instead of fixating on the one that you have hooked.  With certain perks, and the right killer, you might not even want to hook anyone, until the end.  You need to think outside of the box, as the game has so many ways of being played, and playing the same the same way for each match just doesn’t work.  You need to play the players, not just the game.

There's no incentive to catch each player 3 times for a total of 12 (more if you count flashlight saves, body-blocking, decisive strike, and other annoyances) when they can repair the generators in minutes, especially when they're coordinating with voice chat and have probably brought in toolboxes as well.

If you're feeling forced to slug everyone and then let them bleed out or hook them all at once, that just shows how broken the balance is. You're skipping most of the game.

@MichaelMemers you obviously haven’t understood anything that I’ve written.  Take some time to thouroly read through what I’ve written, and I’m sure that you will have a better time in the game.  BTW, I typically play in a party with 2-4 others, and we have to adapt to each killer for every match.  We have never played the same way against 2 different killers, and preventing escape is NOT the only way that the killer gets points.  I wish you the best, but unless you step outside of your comfort zone, you’ll never progress further in the game.

As for F13, there is no option to even have fun in the game.  The emotes have done nothing more than make the asshats, more of an asshat, and for them to corrupt others to join them.  I used to luv being chased by a good Jason, and waiting to see how he was going to dispatch me.  The current state of the game is just a silly mess, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the “Worst Disappoint” award for 2017.

5 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

@MichaelMemers you obviously haven’t understood anything that I written.  Take some time to thouroly read through what I’ve written, and I’m sure that you will have a better time in the game.  BTW, I typically play in a party with 2-4 others, and we have to adapt to each killer for every match.  We have never played the same way against 2 different killers, and preventing escape is NOT the only way that the killer gets points.  I wish you the best, but unless you step outside of your comfort zone, you’ll never progress further in the game.

As for F13, there is no option to even have fun in the game.  The emotes have done nothing more than make the asshats, more of an asshat, and for them to corrupt others to join them.  I used to luv being chased by a good Jason, and waiting to see how he was going to dispatch me.  The current state of the game is just a silly mess, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the “Worst Disappoint” award for 2017.

No one cares about points. If I'm getting teabagged at the exit gate I lost, regardless of how many points I have or how many kills or hooks I've got.

When I first started playing this game I shit my pans JASON'S COMING RUN. Then I meet some friends ingame. And found out Jason's a big cuddly teddy bear.

Why is he a big cuddly teddy bear. They only way to bet down on a gang of players it to quickly block or step back. If I block they start cry and yelling at me (you can't do that) so if I do the old step back and swing. They start yelling (hack and slash) like wtf do you won't me to do stand there like a cardboard cut-out. I can't grab you. I'll just get stunned. And balls in my face.

I do all the objectives. Run, hide, escape, why the rest of the season. Plays how many times can they rub there balls on Jason's face.

I'm starting to leave match's now. If I see Jason being gang bang I leave. No point anymore. It's like a walking simulation now you can interact with objects.

Same with being Jason. Just not fun anymore.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:11 PM, NoOneK9503 said:

If the devs can encourage in-map exploration (not only cabins), they can fix and buff Jason too!

Honestly, I feel like if we can have a game mode where we can (at least temporarily) remove the "panic" aspect of the game, then focus would immediately shift to exploration and fulfilling objectives.

Check out this new game mode I proposed -- "The Stalker" -- which does that, while being more true to the F13 film storylines:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14697-new-game-mode-idea-more-like-the-films/

On 11/26/2017 at 9:24 AM, AldermachXI said:

@Randygbk - Hopefully you can take the time to read through the thread and see why your comments are coming off as extremely ignorant in the eyes of the community.

Jason is currently broken. Between the T-Rex arms, insanely bad hit detection, and all the different bugs preventing Jason from interacting - or at times even moving at all - I don't know how you could say "Jason is fine. Counselors just got better" unless you're just being willfully ignorant.

I can understand not wanting to respond to pressing matters on a live stream, but to dismiss the fact that Jason is currently broken is downright irresponsible.

You're better than that..

The disastrous hit detection and bugs are not exclusive to Jason (though I think the hit detection is worse for Jason). Those absoltely need to be fixed. His grab could use a bit of tweaking, but he doesn't need his ridiculous force grab restored. 

Wow. This thread...

As far as the original question? No, no fucking way do I believe that and from the time this question was asked it's only gotten worse. 

I see a Jason get killed regularly from players below level 40 who spawn in and go straight for the means. It's a joke. Not daily, but steadily. I see the X/8 has been averaging now around 4/8. I've seen his potency diminished and this is NOT against level 130+ players.

And all the video proof? We all know this is going on. FFS, maybe I should start recording. Maybe. It's gonna be a bit of a task on my PC if I did. Hm...